Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

The other day I was playing Monster Hunter Portable Third. I was hunting a Rathalos (basicly a big wyvern), and a little Malynx (literally a house-cat standing up) was trying to steal my stuff while I was trying to avoid being crushed by the Rathalos. It didn't take long for me to get fed up with this cat, so while running from the Rathalos with the Malynx hot on my tail, I promptly spun around and punted the little cat at the wyvern. I just wanted the cat to go away, instead, I watched the cat fly in a perfect arc to the Rathalos, bounce off its head, and land face first in a stream.

I was laughing so hard that I completly forgot that I was running for my life, and the wyvern promptly stomped on my face. It's a tiny little thing, but I love that someone in Capcom expected the players to kick the cats at dragons, and coded them to bounce.

Edit: Also I'm quoting this because it doesn't deserve to be left at the bottom of the last page.

FreshFeesh posted:

You would probably love this -- someone compiled each of the characters/voices singing "Take on Me:" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9BoIEY4xA4

Ape Has Killed Ape has a new favorite as of 18:19 on May 30, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Landerig
Oct 27, 2008

by Fistgrrl
Probably mentioned, but the Portal series: GlADOS is a music lover.

Obvious with the turrets, but things like laser switches and the hard light bridges emit musical notes as well.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Yeah, I like the singing companion cube myself.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06EvL48ABXY

Here's the soundtrack version of it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dg3JakqJWHU&t=75s

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Lolitas Alright! posted:

Another "Saints Row 2" one from me, but it seriously made my day.

I went to the record shop and bought a bunch of music to make my own playlist. I'm playing as a chubby Mexican chick, and am using the stereotypical Mexican accent female voice for her.

So, I steal a car, load up my playlist, and head for my next mission... when "Land Down Under" by Men at Work comes on.

And my character starts JAMMING THE gently caress OUT and singing along to it, off-key and off-time, just getting super into it, yelling random parts of the song, adding flourishes, exactly like people loving do when they're alone in a car and a good song comes on.

I had no idea that would happen, and I was just in tears laughing. I kept driving around in circles around the mission target because, drat it, I wanted to hear her finish singing the song!
For some reason, the Mexiboss voice loves that song. I've got an Asian woman using that voice and it's the only song on the radio I've ever heard her singing to.

Crystal Lake Witch
Apr 25, 2010

U.T. Raptor posted:

For some reason, the Mexiboss voice loves that song. I've got an Asian woman using that voice and it's the only song on the radio I've ever heard her singing to.

From what I remember each voice only sings along with one song, except they all sing with Take On Me.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

ChiaPetOutletStore posted:

From what I remember each voice only sings along with one song, except they all sing with Take On Me.

Yep. CockneyBoss (best Boss) sings The Final Countdown, which is the only one I know off the top of my head.

To make the story even better, I think I remember hearing that when they recorded the singalongs, they didn't provide the VAs with lyrics. Just stuck them in there and told them to sing along.

Just like when you're driving in the car and don't nearly remember all the words to a thing.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

FreshFeesh posted:

You would probably love this -- someone compiled each of the characters/voices singing "Take on Me:" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9BoIEY4xA4

I am giggling like a school girl at this far more than I should be-OH GOD, I JUST GOT TO 1:59!! Can't breath!

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
The same thing happens in Saints Row The Third, where you and your lieutenant Pierce sing along to "What I got" by Sublime. Even if you have the zombie voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbcOwjH1m_g

isochronous
Jul 15, 2001

*Golf Clap*

olaf2022 posted:

I liked the description of the sunglasses in Castlevania: Symphony of the Night:

"Cool-looking sunglasses."

Fashion is a priority while battling hellish creatures.

I also liked that while they boost your defense slightly, they lower your intelligence :cool: :downs:

I hope this hasn't been mentioned but there are some secret boots in the same game that mention they make you taller... and they do. By about 1 pixel.

edit: and of course I see it was mentioned on like page 4. Curses!

isochronous has a new favorite as of 23:32 on Jun 1, 2012

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
The ending to the bossfight in Portal 2.

Sure, if you wait long enough you're pretty much told where to lay the final portal, but if you'd been paying attention to some of the completely extraneous voice logs throughout the game and remember just what portalable surfaces are made of, there's a brilliant moment of dawning realisation.

AceOfJacks13
Mar 27, 2010
I was playing Batman: Arkham Asylum earlier, and when you first enter the morgue and the voices are saying "Get out, you don't belong here, leave now," they're actually telling you what to do. There is nothing in that room the first time you go in, you have to go back the way you came.

edit: I spel gud

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Dickeye posted:

Yep. CockneyBoss (best Boss) sings The Final Countdown, which is the only one I know off the top of my head.

To make the story even better, I think I remember hearing that when they recorded the singalongs, they didn't provide the VAs with lyrics. Just stuck them in there and told them to sing along.

Just like when you're driving in the car and don't nearly remember all the words to a thing.

I'd like a full listing of which Boss sings along to what song, is there one? I think my 'white female' voiced Boss was humming along to Everybody Wants To Rule The World, but I couldn't be certain.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Breetai posted:

Sure, if you wait long enough you're pretty much told where to lay the final portal, but if you'd been paying attention to some of the completely extraneous voice logs throughout the game and remember just what portalable surfaces are made of, there's a brilliant moment of dawning realisation.

If you just fire in that direction by accident like I did it's just confusing. :-/

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Breetai posted:

Oh god yes! I literally said out loud "Oh gently caress yeah!" when that moment came up.

Disgaea

The whole series is just so self-aware of what it is. Characters break the 4th wall, ability go juuuuuust that much too far, etc. Just when you start thinking the game needs robots/pirates/zombies/etc the next battle there they are.

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass
In The Saboteur nazis walk around on the streets, and every so often youll see one run up to a citizen and point their gun at them. If you just watch a truck will drive up and the nazi will march the citizen to the truck to be taken away.

If you stop this before the truck gets there, the citizen will give you booze & cigs aka contraband (the game's currency). And often if you just kill a nazi walking around on the streets a citizen will run up and kick at the corpse.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

isochronous posted:

I hope this hasn't been mentioned but there are some secret boots in the same game that mention they make you taller... and they do. By about 1 pixel.

With the description "Discreetly increases height!"

Chorocojo
Sep 25, 2005

Legendary Enchantment Creature -- Bird God
Related Castlevania: In caves you can find both Toadstools and Amanitas as mushrooms. You can eat either as food; but the amanita will poison you rather than restore health. Know your mushrooms!

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Cleretic posted:

I'd like a full listing of which Boss sings along to what song, is there one? I think my 'white female' voiced Boss was humming along to Everybody Wants To Rule The World, but I couldn't be certain.
Male 2 sings along to Sister Christian.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Masa posted:

I'm replaying Grim Fandango, and I'm loving the mural on the save screen. Not only is it an interesting way of showing how far you are in the game (It starts out completely darkened and small squares get highlighted every time you make any progress), but it's also an amazing stylized representation of just about everything in the game:

That's amazing! It just shows how perfectly the game fused Art Deco with traditional Mexican folk art!! It's beautiful.

The Soundtrack to Grim Fandango is amazing as well.

[video type=""]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jT4A-MSQgoI[/video]

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

Breetai posted:

The other thing that's nice about this is that they accurately accounted for how long it would take for light to travel to the moon.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
A lot's been said about RDR. One of the best has to be "You can't kill me! I'm Herbet Moooooon!"

There wasn't much variance to it, but the chatter during poker games was always fun. "I hear that John Marston is workin fer tha Jews!"

Babbage
Sep 6, 2010

Cleretic posted:

Male Voice 1: "The Final Countdown" by Europe
Male Voice 2: "Sister Christian" by Night Ranger
Male Voice 3: "Working for the Weekend" by Loverboy, "Don't You Forget About Me" by Simple Minds
Female Voice 1: "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" by Tears for Fears
Female Voice 2: "The Reflex" by Duran Duran
Female Voice 3: "Land Down Under" by Men at Work

You can hear them all here. They're all gloriously bad. :allears:

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
In Deus Ex, when you reach the home of Maggie Chow for the first time, you can of course take a good long look around the place before talking to her. There are books and data cubes all over the place, all full of great flavour text.

One of the rooms you can visit is Maggie Chow's office, which has her computer in it. Of course, hacking computers is pretty easy in DX even with a very basic hacking skills, but even if you have no such skills, DX will never put you into an unsolvable position. There is a non-invasive way to get into every computer. You can always get the password somehow. (The same is true of keypads.)

So you guess from the pattern of usernames earlier in the game that the username will be "mchow". Then you hunt around for clues and can't find anything. All you find is another datacube:

quote:

Mr. Hundley,
It has become necessary to change my system password since it may have become
compromised; I will encrypt the new password and forward it to you shortly.
Please note that any access attempts made using "Tai-Fun" should be tagged and
traced for interrogation.
-Maggie Chow

Hang on a second. You recognise that word from elsewhere. You go back to the maid's bedroom and you find the book "Tai-Fun" in there, but it has no clues in it. Then you discover a note in the hall:

quote:

When you have the time, May-Sung, I would suggest that you read two of my
favorite books: Insurgent and Tai-Fun. I believe you’ll find both of them as
illuminating as I have. They’re in my office if you’d like to borrow them.
-Maggie

One guess what Maggie changed her password to.

It's really not that hard a puzzle to solve. What I loved was that if you weren't paying attention, you would quite easily miss the puzzle entirely. The world is full of flavour text and every other password in the game is spelled out for you.

Lolitas Alright!
Sep 15, 2007

This is your friend.
She fights for your freedom.

DrBouvenstein posted:

I am giggling like a school girl at this far more than I should be-OH GOD, I JUST GOT TO 1:59!! Can't breath!

Oh my God, it's so goddamn good. OH SHIIIIIIIIIIIT.

Babbage posted:

Male Voice 1: "The Final Countdown" by Europe
Male Voice 2: "Sister Christian" by Night Ranger
Male Voice 3: "Working for the Weekend" by Loverboy, "Don't You Forget About Me" by Simple Minds
Female Voice 1: "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" by Tears for Fears
Female Voice 2: "The Reflex" by Duran Duran
Female Voice 3: "Land Down Under" by Men at Work

You can hear them all here. They're all gloriously bad. :allears:

Male Voice 1 "singing" "The Final Countdown" is goddamn amazing and I am in tears right now. This is the best game.

EDIT: Oh God, Male Voice 2. GUITARS AND poo poo OH SHIIIIIT!

Lolitas Alright! has a new favorite as of 01:11 on Jun 1, 2012

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
Still with Deus Ex. This is another case of not actually realising that there's a puzzle in front of me. I mentioned that there are no unsolvable keypads in the game. The code is always somewhere in the level.

There's one exception. In the very last part of Area 51 are three machines which continually spit out enemies. This is very aggravating, but each machine also has a door in front of it which can be closed and permanently locked using a nearby 4-digit keypad. The keypad can be overridden using multitools, but by this time in the game I knew that DX never puts you in a situation where this is absolutely necessary. It's a matter of principle.

I combed the entire level from top to bottom looking for a dead engineer or a datacube which might tell me how to shut the things down. I must have spent about three hours wandering in circles (it's a huge and complicated area, plenty to miss), finding nothing. I checked all my notes and recorded conversations. Eventually I dug out the game script (which is about 800kB of text) and hunted through that for explicit four-digit codes and then for text allusions to four-digit codes (like "count backwards from four"), which would maybe hint as to where the code was hidden in the game level. Nothing.

In the end I gave up and spent about 12 multitools closing the doors the hard way. However, although DX doesn't always give you the code you need, it never puts you in an unwinnable situation. Can you figure it out?

Hint: I forgot about this, but there is actually another keypad earlier in the game where you don't get given the code. It's a two-digit keypad, though, so most people just brute-force it. The code is 12 so this approach pays off fast, even starting at 00.

Answer: If the code isn't given explicitly, it must be something obvious and easily guessable. It's 1234.

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib
If you don't know what it is, Puyo Pop Fever is the evolution of Kirby's Avalanche or Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine. One of the changes they made was giving characters pieces with more than two blobs.

There is a single character who only drops pairs. She happens to be the character from the older games, and when you face her in the story mode, the music changes to a remix of an old theme.

Leovinus
Apr 28, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

qntm posted:

Hint: I forgot about this, but there is actually another keypad earlier in the game where you don't get given the code. It's a two-digit keypad, though, so most people just brute-force it. The code is 12 so this approach pays off fast, even starting at 00.

You're supposed to guess it from references to Majestic-12.

I got that keycode in a different way - I found it, shrugged, picked a random number out of my head and typed it in. It happened to be 12.

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.
Animal Crossing for the Gamecube. In order to make new patterns for clothing you have to design them at the tailor shop run by two sisters, one 8 years the other's senior. When you first meet them, the one running the shop is very professional and gives you the sales pitch, and if you talk to the one with her nose to the sewing machine she'll brush you off as being too busy. The more patterns you make (and more money you spend), the friendlier they get with you, eventually both giving you warm welcomes and the busy one even stopping her work to say hello.

Eventually, they'll tell you about the tragic story of their mother's death. She died of illness when they were still fairly young, the youngest sister even says she has no actual memory of their mother. The eldest says how she had to take care of her little sister and you get the idea that she never really had time to grieve, burying herself in her work to keep it off her mind. They point out what looked like just a tapestry on the wall is actually a quilt their mother made and left behind.

That story came out of nowhere and left me feeling so sad for them. :smith:

Farbtoner
May 17, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post
In Skyrim the perk you unlock for reaching level 100 in Pickpocketing is the ability to pickpocket equipped items, including clothes. It's like the devs went "You just sunk a bunch of your limited number of perk points into a fairly useless skill, as a consolation prize you can now make everybody naked. Go hog wild! :thumbsup:"

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

unpronounceable posted:

If you don't know what it is, Puyo Pop Fever is the evolution of Kirby's Avalanche or Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine. One of the changes they made was giving characters pieces with more than two blobs.

There is a single character who only drops pairs. She happens to be the character from the older games, and when you face her in the story mode, the music changes to a remix of an old theme.
The All Clear sound in all the Puyo games including Fever is also the 1-Up sound from a large chunk of Compile's shmups (Zanac is the most notable)

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

qntm posted:

Answer: If the code isn't given explicitly, it must be something obvious and easily guessable. It's 1234.

There's a similar test in Human Revolution - there's only one keypad you can't get the code for, the makeshift detonator for a bomb. You have to either hack it, or make a guess.

The code is 0000.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Cleretic posted:

There's a similar test in Human Revolution - there's only one keypad you can't get the code for, the makeshift detonator for a bomb. You have to either hack it, or make a guess.

The code is 0000.

Or you can just shoot one of the glass chemical containers. I didn't even know there was a terminal to hack for my first couple of playthroughs since I just channeled Die Hard when I saw the thing.

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

I found this image on the Internet, perhaps you've heard of it? It's been around for a while I hear.

ShrewdOrganMerchant posted:

Marvel Vs Capcom 3 has tons of unique intros for certain pairs of characters:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0zuKWmBkuU
Holy crap, you know at 1:04, where Deadpool says "HAHAHA! Magneto! Welcome to die!"? That's from the old X-Men arcade game, which came out almost 20 years before this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdAmkx8eAos

Regarding Deus Ex: HR

Control Volume posted:

Or you can just shoot one of the glass chemical containers. I didn't even know there was a terminal to hack for my first couple of playthroughs since I just channeled Die Hard when I saw the thing.
I didn't know you could do either of those things. I apparently took so long to get to that point in the level, because I was too busy checking for loot and XP, that when I got to the hostages they were already dead from the bomb having released the toxic gas. (Why wouldn't shooting it also release the toxic gas?). . I thought it was just scripted that it would always happen the way it happened to me, until I read about other people's experience in that level.

Then again, nothing can even hold a candle to how many scenarios of "WTF! You can get THAT as an outcome?!?!" exist in Alpha Protocol. Like how you can goad Conrad Marburg into fighting you to the death in the museum if you've been so annoyingly :smug: with him the entire time that he snaps and fights, instead of running away. I tried to replay that sequence and get that outcome, but no luck.

But as for Deus Ex, it had way better moments than DX:IW and DX:HR of "Ok, I've done this, now I just exit and... where am I? Oh shiiiiiiiit" Namely, MJ-12 facility inside Level 4 at UNATCO, and coming out of VersaLife into the canals. I was actually so chicken that first time I went in to VersaLife to try and grab the sword, that I didn't take the tour of the huge lab with the greasel, greys, and bum, because I was scared of all the MiBs. I figure they'd have a profile of you and shoot on sight, since Waltons and Page both know exactly who you are. So I just saw it from the clear glass walkway far above and thought, wow, that's a really cool setup they made for you not even being able to go see it down there.

And then in a later playthrough I manned up and realized you could walk around in there unimpeded... and release the creatures if you wanted. I was blown away.

Holistic Detective posted:

Metroid Prime was amazing for stuff like this, I'll never forget the first time I stepped off the ship on Tallon Overworld, looked up in the sky and saw raindrops splatter on Samus' visor. Or walk through a steam vent and see it fog up. Or saw Samus' face reflected in it when a bright light goes off nearby.
I never thought Metroid could make a proper transition from 2D to 3D. I tended to still like SMW and Yoshi's Island more than Mario 64, so I was really skeptical of a 3D Metroid. But my roommate bought it and loaded it up. As soon as I saw the rain splashing on the visor when he looked up, I was SOLD on everything else the game could possibly offer. I can't play these FPS games with thumbstick controls though, so I was glad to finally be able to go through it when it was re-released with Wii controls.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

SpelledBackwards posted:

Holy crap, you know at 1:04, where Deadpool says "HAHAHA! Magneto! Welcome to die!"? That's from the old X-Men arcade game, which came out almost 20 years before this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdAmkx8eAos

The whole of MVC3 is loaded with details, because fanservice is basically its lifeblood, but Deadpool in particular gets to have a lot of fun with this thanks to his habit/"power"/character trait of frequently breaking the fourth wall. Also, they gave him the shoryuken in the game because of this:

This isn't the first time a Marvel character aped Street Fighter in the crossover series, though. Rogue could steal other characters' special moves in X-Men vs. Street Fighter with one of her specials, which was a cool touch, but even cooler was the fact that if she did it on Akuma she also got access to the Raging Demon super move, making her one of a (surprisingly large) handful of characters to learn it at some point. That move in particular has some fun references/tweaks in several of the games but it's late and I'm tired.

Eggbeater Jesus
Sep 21, 2008

Add a dab of lavender to milk. Leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it.

Farbtoner posted:

In Skyrim the perk you unlock for reaching level 100 in Pickpocketing is the ability to pickpocket equipped items, including clothes. It's like the devs went "You just sunk a bunch of your limited number of perk points into a fairly useless skill, as a consolation prize you can now make everybody naked. Go hog wild! :thumbsup:"

But stealing a bandit chief's armor before giving him a good shanking is the icing on the cake :colbert:

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

SpelledBackwards posted:

Regarding Deus Ex: HR

I didn't know you could do either of those things. I apparently took so long to get to that point in the level, because I was too busy checking for loot and XP, that when I got to the hostages they were already dead from the bomb having released the toxic gas. (Why wouldn't shooting it also release the toxic gas?). . I thought it was just scripted that it would always happen the way it happened to me, until I read about other people's experience in that level.

You're thinking of a different part. The bomb in the factory goes off if you spend too long at Sarif Industries dicking around before flying out there. I don't think the amount of time you spend in the factory affects the bomb.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

scamtank posted:

They do. It's been ages since I've played, though, so I don't really remember how they rectify the situation once the backup gets there. Either he gets relieved to replace it at the armory or command just stops asking status reports.

You start off dying from malaria, find out how absolutely everybody (except the underground railroad helping civilians escape the country) in every side of the conflict is a money-grubbing mass murderer and finish the game expiring from your illness. You kill every friendly mercenary you've encountered so far (many of which have come to your rescue whenever you were killed) and sacrifice yourself to save a handful of civilians from being massacred by the fighting factions of the civil war. The plot side of FC2 is just a trainwreck of tragedy from start to finish.

Not to mention how well it payed homage to Heart of Darkness. The final stage of the game was harrowing. It was pretty similar to Apocalypse Now.

U.T. Raptor posted:

Also when you start singing along to the radio in SR2. My boss loved that "Land Down Under" song :3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9BoIEY4xA4

Frosted Flake has a new favorite as of 15:50 on Jun 1, 2012

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

SpelledBackwards posted:

Then again, nothing can even hold a candle to how many scenarios of "WTF! You can get THAT as an outcome?!?!" exist in Alpha Protocol. Like how you can goad Conrad Marburg into fighting you to the death in the museum if you've been so annoyingly :smug: with him the entire time that he snaps and fights, instead of running away. I tried to replay that sequence and get that outcome, but no luck.
See, that's the brilliant part. Conrad may be a terrible judge of character, but he considers himself a professional, so he reads dossiers and all that poo poo. If you've been a professional throughout your playthrough and suddenly turn on the smug when facing him, he'll figure you're trying to get to him and just tune you out. You need to have a reputation as a smug rear end in a top hat of the type he really despises to get to him.

Obligatory "this loving game" goes here.

Beyond Good and Evil which I'm replaying right now, has some of the most natural voice acting I've hear in years, old games or new. The way characters react to environment triggers doesn't feel like a trigger, just like something the characters would say given the situation.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Don't know if it was mentioned, but in Assassin's Creed 2 one mission in Venice requires you to clear guards off of a few boats to clear a route to your next target. If you hide out on one boat for long enough the guards will start talking about this strange, smelly cargo from China and how it's been ordered by a nobleman for "some party". The next stage/chapter takes place during Carnevale, a city-wide party that includes fireworks. I thought it was a neat bit of optional foreshadowing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Masa
Jun 20, 2003
Generic Newbie

Xander77 posted:

Beyond Good and Evil which I'm replaying right now, has some of the most natural voice acting I've hear in years, old games or new. The way characters react to environment triggers doesn't feel like a trigger, just like something the characters would say given the situation.

The console versions of Beyond Good and Evil also had a great way of entering text where the letters were on a sort of spiral instead of the typical on screen keyboard. It worked really well and needs to be in more games.

• Locked thread