Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
Well, the Toyota GT Four might be quite hard to drive.

With this Huge, THROBBING ERECTION!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I can't imagine how hard the golf R engine struggles to breathe out through those exhaust pipes.

This roll bar just looks goofy

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Nominating a F200 Beetle to be an AUGR pace car, if such a thing is ever warranted.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Falken posted:

Well, the Toyota GT Four might be quite hard to drive.

With this Huge, THROBBING ERECTION!

oh my god the safari rally spec! :swoon: Also the lights are popped up?

Isnt there a discount for this pack for vip members? Or do we need to wait until its on the marketplace in game? edit: also is there no free car this time?

track day bro! fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Jun 5, 2012

Spades
Sep 18, 2011
While they had a rough start (owing primarily to me not actually having any cars for the classes), I enjoyed the races today with SAEG and AUGR once things got properly underway.

I am however somewhat disappointed that neither I nor anyone managed to capture the Indy GP race today as it was a very textbook example of how engaging the Derty Bastids spec can be - as nobody can have perfect grip or generally a completely gamebreaking car races are much closer and much more aggressive.

The spec sheet again, for non-SAEG Goons [note 'sport' tires should read 'street']:

Sebastian Flyte
Jun 27, 2003

Golly
Nordschleife in a stock VW Beetle is certainly a pleasant and relaxing drive in the country.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

What kind of body mods does the beetle allow? Just the bumper removal?

It's gonna be a long 10 hours before I can get back to my xbox. :smith:

War Bunny
Jul 7, 2009

I don't silflay at this time, sir.

Thanks! This game looks like what TDU2 wanted to be.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

xzzy posted:

You can put an old timey roof rack on. Which, given how much the bug likes to roll could be considered added crash protection.

Sebastian Flyte
Jun 27, 2003

Golly

xzzy posted:

There's another type of front and rear bumper apart from the stock ones, and you can install a luggage rack on the roof :)

Edit: fb :(

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

War Bunny posted:

Thanks! This game looks like what TDU2 wanted to be.

Yep, and that's why I can't wait to get it. I think this game is going to be great. Yesterday there really wasn't a lot of information about it, but we'll be hearing more over the coming months.

Also, here is the known car list so far for Horizon

More Forza Horizon footage; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKz_1eiyGos

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Jun 5, 2012

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

xzzy posted:

The VW Beetle makes all your wildest dreams come true.
[tIMG]http://i.imgur.com/6djlt.jpg][/tIMG]
[tIMG]http://i.imgur.com/gw2Ge.jpg][/tIMG]
[tIMG]http://i.imgur.com/gZupJ.jpg][/tIMG]

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund
These videos have got me super excited for Horizons. Forza cars/physics, TDU gameplay, and Dirt2 menus and appearance? Yes please!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Jarf posted:

The VW Beetle makes all your wildest dreams come true.
[tIMG]http://i.imgur.com/6djlt.jpg][/tIMG]

:flashfap:

Those full moons are NEVER COMING OFF my car.

Makes me want to go buy another one in the real world.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Is the pack showing up in the in-game marketplace or with a free car anywhere for anyone yet? Kinda hoping it still has the same "issue" that the last non-Porsche pack did for season pass holders.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

IOwnCalculus posted:

Is the pack showing up in the in-game marketplace or with a free car anywhere for anyone yet? Kinda hoping it still has the same "issue" that the last non-Porsche pack did for season pass holders.

Someone on Forzacentral said no free car, not sure about the in-game marketplace yet. I didn't see it there an hour ago.

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Nobility is sadly overrated.
Hmm. Horizon is looking good! I'm still unsure of how it will feel, but so far its ticking a few boxes for me. Just give me custom soundtracks and we'll call it a preorder.

j3rkstore
Jan 28, 2009

L'esprit d'escalier

"I've had a few drinks" :v:

At first I was pretty apprehensive but now I'm hopeful for Horizons. Bummed about not being able to tune the cars and the lack of damage but I suppose you have to give some to get some.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I really don't care about tuning all that much. It would certainly be nice, but the impression I get is that we'll be driving most of these cars stock and the factory setup is usually pretty good.. it only gets hairy when you drop in a bunch of extra horsepower.

My biggest complaint is the actual game world. It seems like they compressed the geography too much, it looks like we're going to get all of Colorado crammed into a 20 mile square rather than the 400x200 mile rectangle it actually is.

I understand that compressing the terrain is necessary to make a game that engages casual players (which this title is clearly being targeted for), but it disappoints me to see Forza shift away from its simulation roots where it tries to keep everything as realistic as hardware allows.

Awarding points for smashing up fences? What the gently caress guys, when you hit something in a Forza games, that means you screwed up. Not did something awesome. :mad:

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer
Even 20 miles to a side would still be huge. How big was San Andreas, and has there been anything along those lines that's huger than that? That's a good size, I guess. Big enough to really gently caress around with, but not so huge that I get bored on the two hour drive back to the dubstep tent or whatever the gently caress this Horizon thing is.

I'll miss the tuning and the F-class shitboxes, but as long as it has the livery editor and some upgrade options I can deal with it. Maybe not for serious racing or anything, though that's impossible to tell without playing it and seeing what the driving physics are like, but it looks like a great game for hooning around and loving off.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Someone mentioned on the official forums that they saw at least 205 roads to explore.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I almost laughed when I saw the e3 promo video thing for Forza Horizons. With the hot import nights style concert shots and all that bullshit.

The video did a really good job at capturing how corporations wanted people to perceive the car "scene" from the late 90's.

I really though the Forza brand was above that.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
San Andreas was around 16sqm if I remember correctly. TDU2 had 600 (Oahu) + 200 (Ibiza) with about 2000 miles of roads modeled.

Edit: 20x20 would be enough if the roads are interesting and there's some variety in the environment.

GhostDog fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Jun 5, 2012

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

GhostDog posted:

Edit: 20x20 would be enough if the roads are interesting and there's some variety in the environment.

I've been through Colorado a few times. The roads are interesting enough at full scale. :colbert:

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

I said come in! posted:

Someone mentioned on the official forums that they saw at least 205 roads to explore.

There was a counter (ACHIEVEMENTS) in the bottom of the screen in that short E3 vid that showed .../205.

How big was Hot Pursuit 2010? I hope there are some villages at least - having almost no buildings in HP was weird.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Is this 20x20 figure just something someone pulled out of their rear end or has this actually been stated somewhere?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sprat Sandwich posted:

There was a counter (ACHIEVEMENTS) in the bottom of the screen in that short E3 vid that showed .../205.

How big was Hot Pursuit 2010? I hope there are some villages at least - having almost no buildings in HP was weird.

Hot Pursuit didn't have a very big world I think. I don't remember it being that large anyways.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

GutBomb posted:

Is this 20x20 figure just something someone pulled out of their rear end or has this actually been stated somewhere?

I pulled it out of my rear end. But all the media so far makes it look like it's going to be a super dense version of Colorado.

TannhauserGate
Nov 25, 2007

by garbage day

jonathan posted:

I almost laughed when I saw the e3 promo video thing for Forza Horizons. With the hot import nights style concert shots and all that bullshit.

The video did a really good job at capturing how corporations wanted people to perceive the car "scene" from the late 90's.

I really though the Forza brand was above that.

Sadly though, these people shell out a lot of money. The market is there. And some games in the series (NFSU2) have been pretty decent. Or if not decent, then fun in a hilarious way. Pearlescent pink nitro-equipped Hummers ramming into cars 4/20. But the fun ones tend to incorporate car mods and livery.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

xzzy posted:

I pulled it out of my rear end. But all the media so far makes it look like it's going to be a super dense version of Colorado.

I figure we'll have to wait for the sequel to get something much bigger. On the plus side, it should be on the next Xbox.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I said come in! posted:

I figure we'll have to wait for the sequel to get something much bigger. On the plus side, it should be on the next Xbox.

Yeah, I admit I set my expectations too high. I think the only hardware that could handle real world scales would be a PC, and it would still have to have some clever caching and behind the scenes loading going on.

But some kind of google maps integration and Forza physics makes me all teary eyed. I just want to do my very own Cannonball run, is that so wrong? :allears:

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

I said come in! posted:

Hot Pursuit didn't have a very big world I think. I don't remember it being that large anyways.

OK, so according to Criterions Twitter it's 10.5 square miles and 100 miles of road but there's not that many different routes - looking at the map I can count ~20 named roads so there should at least be a bigger variety in races in Horizons.

I'm optimistic Horizons will be fun - I know I have left Forza 4 on the sidelines due to my terrible ISP but nice open world driving games are rare to come by.

xzzy posted:

[...]

I just want to do my very own Cannonball run, is that so wrong? :allears:

Need For Speed: The RuAHAHAHahahaha sorry.

TannhauserGate
Nov 25, 2007

by garbage day

xzzy posted:

Yeah, I admit I set my expectations too high. I think the only hardware that could handle real world scales would be a PC, and it would still have to have some clever caching and behind the scenes loading going on.

But some kind of google maps integration and Forza physics makes me all teary eyed. I just want to do my very own Cannonball run, is that so wrong? :allears:

Test Drive did it on the original Xbox, so this is not a valid excuse. The round-the-island tour available in that game, updated with some Forza goodness, should be enough to satisfy any driver.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Someone make a good OP for Horizon. I would but I'm shite at posting.

(Evidently)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Steve McScene posted:

(Evidently)

I would do it, but I don't feel like it.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Please call it Forza Horizons: MUSICFESTIVALMUSICFESTIVALMUSICFESTIVAL

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Nobility is sadly overrated.

Steve McScene posted:

(Evidently)

Give me about 20 min, and I'll sort one out.

*edit* Also, I want more thread title suggestions!

tehsid fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Jun 5, 2012

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Ringo Star Get posted:

Please call it Forza Horizons: MUSICFESTIVALMUSICFESTIVALMUSICFESTIVAL

Forza Horizons: I WUB WUB WUB the festival.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Forza Horizons : You have 2 Nitro Boosts left !

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Forza Horizons: You can't cut out F-Class, YOU WILL REGRET THIS!

• Locked thread