Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Samurai Sanders posted:

I still don't see any reports of a deal like that from Japan's PS+. Like I think I have said before, bargains like that just aren't a part of the culture over there, so it may never happen. If I sign up for PS+ on my US account and are using my JP account (which has all my trophies and stuff) will those games still run?

The free games will not. You need to be signed into the account PS+ is on to play the free games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Just out of curiosity, how much space would Infamous 2 and SR2 require? This is the first time I've seriously considered getting PS+ but my HDD is drat near full.

E: VVVV Welp, so much for that, then. Thanks. :smith:

Stare-Out fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Jun 5, 2012

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Stare-Out posted:

Just out of curiosity, how much space would Infamous 2 and SR2 require? This is the first time I've seriously considered getting PS+ but my HDD is drat near full.

inFamous 2 is 14.1 GB and Saints Row 2 is 7.7 GB

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Policenaut posted:

Ouch, my download speed isn't very good, and PSN is already pretty slow. That might be a dealbreaker for me. Still better to go with this deal though then buying inFamous 2 on disc, due to the other games.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

GO IN FAST AND GO IN HARD (also go in and buy final showdown so I can punch you all in the face)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Policenaut posted:

GO IN FAST AND GO IN HARD (also go in and buy final showdown so I can punch you all in the face)

What game modes does Final Showdown have? Original VF5 on PS3 was pretty barebones.

MUFFlNS
Mar 7, 2004

So people seem to be bummed out about E3 in general but honestly? PlayStation All-Stars, God of War Ascension, Tomb Raider, Beyond and The Last of Us looked loving amazing in my opinion so I'm pumped as heck :D

I am wondering why Sony didn't show Little Big Planet Karting as well though? Between that and PlayStation All-Stars it seems like my friends and I can finally abandon Nintendo and their lovely inability to make games that don't rely on random luck for when we fancy some drunken 4-player fun :D It's kinda cheeky but funny how Sony has basically taken the stance of "See those games you make? We're gonna take them and make them better" and it seems to be working :3:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

I said come in! posted:

What game modes does Final Showdown have? Original VF5 on PS3 was pretty barebones.

It's more barebones than that from what I've heard, though it obviously has the addition of online.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Also no Kevin Butler. The gently caress is up with that?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I said come in! posted:

Thread OP explains it pretty well.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

MUFFlNS posted:

So people seem to be bummed out about E3 in general but honestly? PlayStation All-Stars, God of War Ascension, Tomb Raider, Beyond and The Last of Us looked loving amazing in my opinion so I'm pumped as heck :D

I am wondering why Sony didn't show Little Big Planet Karting as well though? Between that and PlayStation All-Stars it seems like my friends and I can finally abandon Nintendo and their lovely inability to make games that don't rely on random luck for when we fancy some drunken 4-player fun :D It's kinda cheeky but funny how Sony has basically taken the stance of "See those games you make? We're gonna take them and make them better" and it seems to be working :3:

PlayStation All Stars, and Tomb Raider both look really stupid. I think most people are in agreement that All Stars looks dumb, but I don't get the hype at all for Tomb Raider, it looks completely forgettable.

LittleBigPlanet Karting, Beyond, God of War Ascension, Tokyo Jungle, and the Last of Us are the PS3 games i'm looking forward to the most.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe

axleblaze posted:

The free games will not. You need to be signed into the account PS+ is on to play the free games.

Actually, they will work with any PS3 profile as long as the profile associated with that PSN account with PS+ is on the the same system.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

axleblaze posted:

Oh. Well, I still might want to do it. Hell sometimes I think about finally making my US account my main account. I haven't lived over there for going on four years now anyway. My trophy level will suddenly drop from level 13 to 0, but maybe that's okay. Also I'd forever be "samuraisandersUS" instead of just "SamuraiSanders".

^^^ oh really? In that case I think I'm gonna do it. I've been meaning to play some of those games but not enough to go to the store.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Jun 5, 2012

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

I said come in! posted:

I think most people are in agreement that All Stars looks dumb

They are?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Didn't see any positive responses to it yesterday during the Sony press conference. Most of it was that it looked very unoriginal, and to much like a rip off of Nintendo's own game character fighting series.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I watched that whole fight and I STILL don't know how you win. Is it supers? Is the whole game just ramping up to supers?

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010

Code Jockey posted:

Holy poo poo. :stare:

Also that free game list is phenominal, god drat. I've been wanting Infamous 2 for a while, and Little Big Planet 2 as well. Space Marine's that bad, huh? I kind of wanted it too, though I hadn't really read/seen much about it, I just like the 40k universe. :/

Basically if you like the Warhammer 40k universe it is very likely you will loving LOVE Space Marine. At least I did.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Policenaut posted:

I watched that whole fight and I STILL don't know how you win. Is it supers? Is the whole game just ramping up to supers?

Use supers to get points. Most points win.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Policenaut posted:

From what I understand, yes. You can only defeat someone with a super, so you can to build up to at least a level 1. Higher levels obviously can kill more dudes. There's no knockoff-the-stage or anything

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I said come in! posted:

Didn't see any positive responses to it yesterday during the Sony press conference. Most of it was that it looked very unoriginal, and to much like a rip off of Nintendo's own game character fighting series.

It looked as bad as Super Smash played with no items and people exclusively using specials does.

I'm sure there's more to it than the crappy live demo.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
God I hope LBP Karting has quick load times. I haven't booted up ModNation Racers in a while, is it still bad with the load times?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Policenaut posted:

Yes. A level one is small, probably only going to hit one guy and can miss fairly easily. Level two is larger, and 3 can pretty much wipe the screen.

MUFFlNS
Mar 7, 2004

I like PS All-Stars method of supers getting points because it encourages actual fighting, not ducking out of fights or hanging off ledges. It's like they looked at Smash Bros and thought "Ok how can we fix this game and make it more fun" and now we're getting something awesome :3:

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I love the Japanese response to the PS+ news, it's always the same. "Holy poo poo free games PS+ is the ultimate thing of awesomeness finally! Wait...what about Japan?

One person posted that Sony doesn't consider the PS3 to have a competitor in Japan (I guess they don't consider themselves to be competing with Nintendo for the non-portable market?) so that's why they never have deals like this.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Jun 5, 2012

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

It looked as bad as Super Smash played with no items and people exclusively using specials does.

I'm sure there's more to it than the crappy live demo.

I really hope so. As it stands now it's like Smash Brothers without anything that makes Smash Brothers interesting. They may as well have made a more traditional fighting game instead.

It being only about supers is just the worst idea. :smith:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ooh well, there's lots of other really good Sony games this year. Their line up is looking really strong, so they can afford to have one or two bad games. All Stars isn't likely to be good, and LBP Karting could go either way. The rest are likely to be hits.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

I said come in! posted:

All Stars shows like poo poo. But SSBM isn't all that fun to watch either. Playing it is likely to be a different matter.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

MUFFlNS posted:

I like PS All-Stars method of supers getting points because it encourages actual fighting, not ducking out of fights or hanging off ledges. It's like they looked at Smash Bros and thought "Ok how can we fix this game and make it more fun" and now we're getting something awesome :3:

My issue with All-Stars is that there's no...what's the word...okay so there's no rise and fall in action in the match. There's no health bar or anything to worry about, so 95% of the time you'll be fighting the same way. Someone will get a super, everyone will kind of duck out of the way for a bit, and fighting will resume. There's no coming back from 5% health to win the game, no incredibly close victories (except when you see the end and go 'oh, I was close. Huh), no real moments of anything that isn't what you saw in the video. The closest thing to rising adrenaline one might feel in that game is when your opponent gets a level 3 super, and that's just equivalent (but not as good as) everyone chasing the Super Smash ball in SSBB in some wild, frantic attempt to get it.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe

Policenaut posted:

File sizes for the other PS3 Full Games:

Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine - 6 GB
Just Cause 2 - 7.4 GB

LittleBigPlanet 2 is not in the NA store yet. The European download version is around 1.3 GB, so the NA version could be around the same size.

All other games are between around 500 MB to 2.5 GB each.

Role Play McMurphy
Jul 15, 2010
I liked All-Stars in theory but if you just watch Sweet Tooth in that video... he jumps around and does the same plant mine move over and over and over and over again and it looks boring as gently caress. Then he gets the level 3 super and wins the game thanks to his boring-rear end tactics.

Maybe they planned that to show off a level 3 super or something but you'd think they would've wanted to show more dynamic, exciting gameplay than someone cheesing a single move.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I just signed up, when does this thing start? The PS store is still offering to sell me those games.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Samurai Sanders posted:

I just signed up, when does this thing start? The PS store is still offering to sell me those games.

Whenever the store updates today, so in like 2-??? hours.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer

axleblaze posted:

Whenever the store updates today, so in like 2-??? hours.

I've seen it update as late as 8pm Eastern, which is still a good 5 hours from now.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Sony has been REALLY on the ball lately with NA updates. I'd expect it in 1-2 hours from now.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
I haven't been through all of my RSS feeds yet, but I'm guessing, by the fact that no one here has mentioned it, that The Last Guardian was once again a no show? :(

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

EC posted:

I haven't been through all of my RSS feeds yet, but I'm guessing, by the fact that no one here has mentioned it, that The Last Guardian was once again a no show? :(

The Last Guardian is doomed. Abandon all hope.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

EC posted:

Apparently it's still in development, and not canceled, but i'm still convinced it will be announced as a canceled game by the end of this year.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Role Play McMurphy posted:

I liked All-Stars in theory but if you just watch Sweet Tooth in that video... he jumps around and does the same plant mine move over and over and over and over again and it looks boring as gently caress. Then he gets the level 3 super and wins the game thanks to his boring-rear end tactics.

Maybe they planned that to show off a level 3 super or something but you'd think they would've wanted to show more dynamic, exciting gameplay than someone cheesing a single move.

Well it might have helped (and the gameplay would look less boring) if they didn't get idiots to play the game. You could give four people on this forum 5 minutes of practice with the game and we would have played the game better.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Policenaut posted:

The Last Guardian is doomed. Abandon all hope.

Noooooooooooooooo

I said come in! posted:

Apparently it's still in development, and not canceled, but i'm still convinced it will be announced as a canceled game by the end of this year.

Yeah, I've been keeping up with the news, I was just expecting hoping to hear something new at E3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

TaurusOxford posted:

Well it might have helped (and the gameplay would look less boring) if they didn't get idiots to play the game. You could give four people on this forum 5 minutes of practice with the game and we would have played the game better.

Has there ever been a game demostration where the player(s) actually seemed like they knew how to play?

• Locked thread