Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ringo Star Get posted:

Forza Horizons: You can't cut out F-Class, YOU WILL REGRET THIS!

Serious talk, i'm sad F-Class is cut. Through DLC, there are some really good cars in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Ringo Star Get posted:

Forza Horizons: You can't cut out F-Class, YOU WILL REGRET THIS!

Forza Horizons: You can't cut out F-Class, YOU WILL RE-WUBWUBWUB

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I said come in! posted:

Serious talk, i'm sad F-Class is cut. Through DLC, there are some really good cars in there.
F also provides some of the most enjoyable tuning projects out there. I do love me some supercar, but they ship with an awesome setup. There's no work involved in getting them to perform, they either got it or they don't

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

xzzy posted:

Forza Horizons: I WUB WUB WUB the festival.

It's this. The thread title is this.

Yalc
Mar 5, 2003

Gayin it up itt

I hope horizons has flashing lights to start a race, cause I really want to play Tokyo Xtreme Racer Zero right now..

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

F Class cars being gone from Virtual Colorado (which I'm sure if not actually Pikes Peak will include some huge mountain) means I can't do a larger version of the funniest Forza thing: Fujimi hill climbs with stock F100 cars. Watching Citroen C1s and Ford Ka's trying to struggle up the first big slope at 8 mph is hilarious, and doing the same thing up an actual mountain would have been worlds better. Oh well, I'm sure they will release an F class DLC for $20 on release day.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
What? No, of course they won't. It seems pretty clear that they have no intention of including non-sports/race cars in the game.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
the boring rear end 24 minute snooze video states that for a car to be included in the list it has to fit in with colorado and the horizon music fest.

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Nobility is sadly overrated.
Sorted. Forza Horizon thread.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3488727

TannhauserGate
Nov 25, 2007

by garbage day

jonathan posted:

the boring rear end 24 minute snooze video states that for a car to be included in the list it has to fit in with colorado and the horizon music fest.

Dubstep and rural Colorado. It's all so clear now.

War Bunny
Jul 7, 2009

I don't silflay at this time, sir.

General Probe posted:

What? No, of course they won't. It seems pretty clear that they have no intention of including non-sports/race cars in the game.

This makes me angry. Maybe it's just me, but I like tooling around in shitboxes. Supercars get old after a while. I think I spent most of my time in San Andreas wheeling around the hills in beaters.

Note: I would trade my real-life shitbox for a Supercar like, right now.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Soiled Meat
Well I wouldn't rule out a handful for E class cars making it in if D class is officially the lowest class considering that some of the F4 cars would be in the hypothetical G class with PIs between 0-100 if it existed. I'm talking about stuff like the Pinto, De Luxe and Beetle which require pretty significant upgrades to even have a PI of 101.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

General Probe posted:

Well I wouldn't rule out a handful for E class cars making it in if D class is officially the lowest class considering that some of the F4 cars would be in the hypothetical G class with PIs between 0-100 if it existed. I'm talking about stuff like the Pinto, De Luxe and Beetle which require pretty significant upgrades to even have a PI of 101.

T10 has given us a lot of fun cars lately as DLC that are pretty low powered like the transit, the pinto, the smart car, the beetle, the delorean, etc... These are all F class if I'm not mistaken. I really hope Playground Games looks at these and sees that this type of F class car would fit right in with the festival atmosphere.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

This Beetle is so much fun.

I put in all the engine upgrades and left the suspension stock, and it just tries to wheelie out of every corner. :3:

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Deeters posted:

This Beetle is so much fun.

I put in all the engine upgrades and left the suspension stock, and it just tries to wheelie out of every corner. :3:

I think I need to do this. Engine upgrades, stock suspension, wide-rear end drag tires. I smell some serious fun in my future.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Painting the beetle cobalt blue and just leaving Forza at the menu screen is literally the best screensaver in the history of screensavers.

I love that car so drat much it's kind of disturbing.

The engine sound isn't quite right, it sounds like they put the mic right inside the engine bay and didn't mix in any audio from the exhaust. But for the most part the car seems pretty spot on.. maybe a little generous on power output and acceleration but that's it. Maybe they calculated for torque when the engine was new? Because there is no way in hell you could climb into a stock beetle today and hit 80 mph. My '64 sounded ready to spill its guts at 60.

I also find it hilarious that you have to add like 30 horsepower and all the suspension/transmission upgrades before it cracks F100. We definitely need to run a stock Fujimi climb.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Soiled Meat
Yeah the cars are all assumed to be "new" even though you can't reasonably be expected to find a brand new beetle in this day and age so they just input the original data.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
ive always wondered how forza translated the factory horsepower rating to actual wheel horsepower.

Some cars are decent and don't get a huge amount of drivetrain loss, while others especially the suv's have huge losses.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Tomorrow night. Beetles. Stock suspensions, no engine swaps. Otherwise, go nuts. Not for points, not for anything. Just stupid fun. I'm bringing Herbie(Thank my wife for that one).

This pack is goddam amazing. The '40 Ford is amazing. I've yet to drive the Yellowbird. I wish I didn't have to work tomorrow. This pack...

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Oh yeah, there were other cars that came in this pack, aren't there? I spent all night in the beetle. :haw:

Upside: I have a rough tune for it from every class F to A. It's pretty skittery in A but is a great drive all the way into B.

Downside is it can only get to 499 PI on the stock engine and no drivetrain swaps. I could hit 500 if I could force myself to remove those beautiful full moon hubcaps, but that ain't happening.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I've played with all of the cars, I like the BMW the most. I was surprised at how much it cost though. At over 400,000 something credits, isn't it the most expensive F-Class car?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Spitting image of my first car (though the model is off by one year). :allears:

Shame about that texture gently caress up near the rear wheel, where the reflection suddenly dives downwards.

Kaddion
Jan 12, 2008

My gosh, you're right Sam! THE GORILLA SHOULD BE DRIVING!

I said come in! posted:

I've played with all of the cars, I like the BMW the most. I was surprised at how much it cost though. At over 400,000 something credits, isn't it the most expensive F-Class car?

The Porsche 550 is 600,000 I think.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

AUGR in a nutshell

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
This is Mitzie. She's 72 years young. She will be my ride for GTCC tonight. She's a good old girl, and she has a growl that you can't help but love.

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Hey! Quit touching my junk!

Dr. Faustus posted:

This is Mitzie. She's 72 years young. She will be my ride for GTCC tonight. She's a good old girl, and she has a growl that you can't help but love.

This just makes me want a 50's chevy pickup. I'm sure Mooecow would appreciate it too.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Soiled Meat
Who is Schwein11? I accepted your join request but I don't recognize the name.

Edit: NM found you on the spreadsheet.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Dr. Faustus posted:

I've got mine built up as well. Though, I got curious and also built a '40 Ford with the stock car engine and full upgrades. Makes 900 HP and will try to rip your head off when driving down the Mulsanne straight on old LeMans. It tops out at about 215 mph, but still has enough power to break the tires loose on some of the less smooth areas of that stretch of road. It seems like with that much power on tap, I should be able to play with the gearing and get it up to 220 mph. Also, R3 class.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
It is indeed insane.

I did what someone else earlier said and put the Golf R engine in the Beetle along with full everything except suspension.

I highly suggest everyone does that and after that we organise a race with that setup.

It's absolutely hilarious, there is so much body roll.

Kaddion
Jan 12, 2008

My gosh, you're right Sam! THE GORILLA SHOULD BE DRIVING!

Cannot Find Server posted:

AUGR in a nutshell

I still have no idea how I rolled it there.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Dr. Faustus posted:

It physically hurts that I haven't been able to get the new pack and try it out because I'm in the middle of moving. Thursday night can't come soon enough.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Kaddion posted:

I still have no idea how I rolled it there.

Looks like you cut the right-hander a little tight and then hit the curbing on the left just right.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

I love this pack
[tIMG]http://i.imgur.com/UC31m.jpg][/tIMG][tIMG]http://i.imgur.com/t9DlU.jpg][/tIMG][tIMG]http://i.imgur.com/Jq9dz.jpg][/tIMG][tIMG]http://i.imgur.com/qlTny.jpg][/tIMG]

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
Put some holeshots, centerlines or American racing wheels on that de luxe for crying out loud, Jarf.

silverbullitt850
Mar 6, 2012

Hey you guys like to troll? I've got some pretty sick trolling skills. Just don't expect me to read anything.

-Colon Cowboy

Falken posted:

30fps is a slow, muddy mess. Also, the replay mode looks awful with the terrible motion blur.

You, sir, are on crack. The replays are beautiful- much, MUCH more so than the game. I think the game looks cartoonish and fake most of the time, while the replays are amazingly realistic. I wish the whole game was a beautiful as the replays. 60fps is the most ridiculous waste of processor time. Time that could be used instead to model, say, night time and rain.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Falken posted:

Put some holeshots, centerlines or American racing wheels on that de luxe for crying out loud, Jarf.

Screw you, we're in the year 2012! (Those rims look hot, deal w/ it)

Bigsteve
Dec 15, 2000

Cock It!
I wonder if the reason that there is no free car on this pack as well as the Porsche pack is anything to do with everyone with the season pass getting the pack before the Porsche pack for free?

Maybes the system is set up so if you have the season pass it automatically releases the whole pack? They only really just found out so the only way they can stop us all getting the packs for free now is by not giving the free car?

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

silverbullitt850 posted:

You, sir, are on crack. The replays are beautiful- much, MUCH more so than the game. I think the game looks cartoonish and fake most of the time, while the replays are amazingly realistic. I wish the whole game was a beautiful as the replays. 60fps is the most ridiculous waste of processor time. Time that could be used instead to model, say, night time and rain.
60FPS is desirable to me as the smoothness helps with driving where as 30fps feels somewhat detached. But hey, if you want to play in replay mode then fine, enjoy your vistas. Oh wait, no you won't because the motion blur will turn everything into 8 year old's watercolour masterpiece.

Also, go into replay mode and slow the footage down. Very nasty motion blurring on the track/car depending.

Falken fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Jun 6, 2012

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Yeah, 30fps looks like blurry dogshit in a racing game, sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiquidRain
May 21, 2007

Watch the madness!

Bigsteve posted:

I wonder if the reason that there is no free car on this pack as well as the Porsche pack is anything to do with everyone with the season pass getting the pack before the Porsche pack for free?

Maybes the system is set up so if you have the season pass it automatically releases the whole pack? They only really just found out so the only way they can stop us all getting the packs for free now is by not giving the free car?
There is a free car, the Cygnet.

• Locked thread