Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jasta
Apr 13, 2012

Dissapointed Owl posted:

http://www.2046design.com/ but for some reason I can't find the print for this? There is for this one though:

This is amazing. I must have a print of this. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

Nybble posted:

That feels like a mini-trailer. (Not that I don't mind it). I kept wanting to copy and paste it, but it's Flash. I would love to see GIF animated posters. Although, with the amount of :effort: in the poster industry... that probably won't happen.

This is probably closer to what you had in mind. It's also a Flash, but it's pretty much a pretty cool moving poster for what I hear is a pretty terrible movie.

http://www.impawards.com/2010/nightmare_on_elm_street_motion.html

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

The city is alive tonight

Robert Denby posted:

So "Snow White and the Huntsman" comes out this weekend, but aren't there a couple of smaller releases, too?

The compositing makes the head look chunky.

Oh, it came out in some places already. Let's see what Australia's poster looks like.

Well that's even worse. Isn't there something else coming out this weekend?

Wow, they must really like this picture of her or something:

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

Vagabundo posted:

This is probably closer to what you had in mind. It's also a Flash, but it's pretty much a pretty cool moving poster for what I hear is a pretty terrible movie.

http://www.impawards.com/2010/nightmare_on_elm_street_motion.html

:suspense:

I could "hear" the glass being scraped. That would be pretty effective, even in gif form.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Physical posted:

http://www.2046design.com/gallery_vintatagecarads.html

I'd love to spend an hour staring in a hypnotic trance at the print of the Die Hard one.

I have the Metropolis poster from that same page on my wall right now. http://www.2046design.com/gallery_comicbooktravelposter.html

And for a movie related one the Akira/Neo Tokyo poster is up in the other room.

Now I really want that HAL poster too...

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Secks posted:

Wow, they must really like this picture of her or something:

Maybe that's the face she makes all through the movie. That one look, no others.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Found here: http://society6.com/maximepecourt/prints

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005
No Crystal Skull?

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Armyman25 posted:

No Crystal Skull?

:frogout:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I'm unfamiliar with this "Crystal Skull" of which you speak. Was that a movie or something? I don't recall it ever existing.

:ninja:

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

This one's a little lazy, with the stones spelling Jehovah and all the rats? You'd think they'd include the bullwhip, Julian Plummer's Nazi pin, the dust used to see the invisible bridge, and some "humbling" saw blades.

Fake edit: also Indiana, the dog.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

GonSmithe posted:

Have to say kiimo, don't really like this one:

Is that baby actually even there?

Is this a bad photoshop or just an ugly baby?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Sockser posted:

Is this a bad photoshop or just an ugly baby?

When this poster was going through the wringer I kept thinking about this thread and how it would get blasted. And how nobody would believe me when I say the photo looked like that.

It has been touched up and now everybody is all shiny and Zach's hand looks fake somehow but that is a photo. Now, the baby's face has been changed but yeah. Everyone loved it and thought it was so funny.

Curious.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
While it's not extreme, there's also a creepy edge to it that the funniness of the gag doesn't entirely outweigh.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
The whole series of posters make me think it's about two gay married men who have adopted a baby, but they are running for the same office! Hi-lar-ious! :iamafag:

(They aren't rival-ish enough in the baby photo, and in the other one, they definitely look like they are playing an intense game of Gay Chicken)

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Vagabundo posted:

If you're living in the US, go to the midnight IMAX screenings of Prometheus and get this limited edition poster.

Probably a first in first served basis, so make sure you get in early, you lucky bastards.

Just came back from the movie. The poster looks even better in person.

Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs

Dangerous Person posted:

Just came back from the movie. The poster looks even better in person.

I kind of thought the capsules there were theatre seats at first glance, I wonder if that's in any way intentional.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I wish the movie was more like that poster.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

I ended up getting two of them (somebody sitting near me left theirs behind when the movie was over).

I like it very much.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Gonz posted:

I ended up getting two of them (somebody sitting near me left theirs behind when the movie was over).

I like it very much.

Early dibs? I would pay good money to get one shipped to Canada.

Physical
Sep 26, 2007

by T. Finninho
Hey kimmo I made a thing out of that "The Campaign" poster http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3386627&pagenumber=492#post404418943

edit: Nevermind I removed it.

Physical fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Jun 8, 2012

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

kiimo posted:

When this poster was going through the wringer I kept thinking about this thread and how it would get blasted. And how nobody would believe me when I say the photo looked like that.

It has been touched up and now everybody is all shiny and Zach's hand looks fake somehow but that is a photo. Now, the baby's face has been changed but yeah. Everyone loved it and thought it was so funny.

Curious.

I like it, but what do I know? I'm just Joe Average.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Young Freud posted:

This one's a little lazy, with the stones spelling Jehovah and all the rats? You'd think they'd include the bullwhip, Julian Plummer's Nazi pin, the dust used to see the invisible bridge, and some "humbling" saw blades.

Yeah, I haven't seen Last Crusade for a while so I was looking at the poster and thinking "were the rats really that major of a plot point?"

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Jonny Angel posted:

Yeah, I haven't seen Last Crusade for a while so I was looking at the poster and thinking "were the rats really that major of a plot point?"

There was the part with the fire in the crypts and rats coming through the overturned coffin. That scene stands out in my mind whenever I think of the movie.

Oh, and the quip Indy makes that his father can't stand rats.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Young Freud posted:

It is to tie in with the snakes in the Raiders of the Lost Ark one.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Mondo doing ET.

Looks amazing!

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Maybe this has been asked, but do these independent/fan posters have to pay licensing money to the studios? I just can't imagine the studios letting independent artists use their property to make money for themselves.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Vintersorg posted:

Mondo doing ET.

Looks amazing!

I'd like it more if the spaceship looked as well done as the woods surrounding it.

Right now it looks like some quick shape tool layers and only has a basic resemblance to the ship in the film.

PriorMarcus fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jun 8, 2012

Revener
Aug 25, 2007

by angerbeet

PriorMarcus posted:

I'd like it more if the spaceship looked as well done as the woods surrounding it.

Right now it looks like some quick shape tool layers.

Juxtaposition of the artifical and the natural. :v:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Hand of the King
May 11, 2012
That looks so badass.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

I don't care for the tagline, but that poster is really nice.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Based on everything else I've seen of this film that's probably a shot of Dredd stood in front of the Mega-City One skyline.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

PriorMarcus posted:

Based on everything else I've seen of this film that's probably a shot of Dredd stood in front of the Mega-City One skyline.

That would be comic accurate. And it is a really good Judge Dredd poster. Imposing, dark, brutal.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

It looks like it's just a teaser trailer. Kind of reminds me of how they did the teaser for the Coppolla-directed Dracula movie.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Vintersorg posted:

Early dibs? I would pay good money to get one shipped to Canada.

Already promised it to my brother. Apologies, good sir. I would have gladly shipped it to you, as well.

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

Vagabundo posted:

It looks like it's just a teaser trailer. Kind of reminds me of how they did the teaser for the Coppolla-directed Dracula movie.

That's awesome.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Meltathon posted:

Maybe this has been asked, but do these independent/fan posters have to pay licensing money to the studios? I just can't imagine the studios letting independent artists use their property to make money for themselves.

Mondo specifically do but I don't think anyone else does.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mister Chief posted:

Mondo specifically do but I don't think anyone else does.

Isn't that why those nifty Star Wars posters got shut down?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?

I love this, lets put a sarcastic post someone wrote on a blog on our front cover.

Slasherfan fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Jun 12, 2012