Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dark Grapefruit
Jun 3, 2006

All cans are welcome and equal in your city, regardless of can content, and whether empty or full.
At first I thought he was hauling that guy away in a garbage bag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Dark Grapefruit posted:

At first I thought he was hauling that guy away in a garbage bag.

Well he does take out the trash.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Young Freud posted:

It's the Dutch poster, but I had to look it up myself.

Apparently, "bioscoop" is Dutch for "movie theater". The word comes from the Greek words for "life" ("bios") and "to observe" ("skopos"). I guess it's where you go to observe life.

It's where we collectively drop acid and experience a life changing trip.

not trolled not crying
Jan 29, 2007

21st Century Awezome Man

Madkal posted:

I can see the poster in my head. The guy is all in red and there might have been smoke coming out of the gun. I just can't remember the name of the movie though.

I immediately thought of another Matthew Fox film:

Also, this poster for a finnish serial-killer thriller looks kind of like it, but I doubt it is what you had in mind:

I'm sure there are dozens of poster designs like those, since it is quite typical but those came to mind at the moment.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Madkal posted:

I swear I have seen that faded pose before.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
So... this just popped up on IMPAwards. Didn't know it was already in production.

Just... stop. Please.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Robert Denby posted:

So... this just popped up on IMPAwards. Didn't know it was already in production.

Just... stop. Please.

It is worth it for the Bugle and John Oliver making GBS threads all over it.

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures

Robert Denby posted:

Just... stop. Please.

Not only that, but Sony's already set a release date in 2015 for a third movie.

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

Stare-Out posted:

Taken maybe?

Also holy poo poo:

I kinda dig that Russian one.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Gonz posted:

Bioscoop sounds like a delicious new flavor at Baskin-Robbins.

Or the dessert section of that new Biohazard (as in Resident Evil) cafe in Japan.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Robert Denby posted:

Just... stop. Please.

Hahaha, came here to post that.

I didn't realise the first movie made enough to warrant a sequel, but it turns out it made back its budget domestically (plus another $30million) and made just over $420million overseas, according to Box Office Mojo.

Also according to that, we'll get a 3rd movie in 2015.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Yeah it's easy to forget that the smurfs is originally European. Plus doogie howser.

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

This is like your watch calculator becoming sentient and murderous. If only your watch had wood paneling.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

They don't make them like they did in the 80s. Even posters for kids movies were awesome.

And to bring it back to this decade, I loved the posters for History of Violence and Funny Games.

Farbtoner
May 17, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

This is pretty much the face I made when I watched the movie as a kid.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I vividly remember having dreams of ME being the navigator. Holy hell that movie was so good for kids.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Limited edition poster that will be given away at selected midnight IMAX screenings. I quite like it, actually.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

How did they get talent approval for this?

"Hey Billy we came up with a concept that immediately makes your face look like you've been following the Val Kilmer diet and you will explode, shooting fat on the walls at any second."

"Cool."

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Elliot's packing a shotgun with a night-vision setup. :hellyeah:

I can't tell if this is painted or if it's HDR.

I kinda dig this poster for Ralph Fiennes' adaptation of Coriolanus. The blood defining Fiennes' washed-out facial features plays into something of the film's theme and his blue, shell-shocked eyes staring out at the viewer gives a sense of vulnerability.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Young Freud posted:

:confused: It's neither, looks like it's just lit on each side by direct flash and the curves have been adjusted in photoshop to look kind of gritty.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

piratepilates posted:

:confused: It's neither, looks like it's just lit on each side by direct flash and the curves have been adjusted in photoshop to look kind of gritty.

It's actually a photorealistic photoshop illustration, with some added noise filters.

"I literally sat at my personal computer and, in slow motion, chose a frame from the movie I thought would work best. I worked off a very tiny dvd screenshot, maybe 4"x4" and 72 dpi at best and used it as the base. With a background in illustration, and a stubborness for painting tangibly for many years, it was the first time I had decided to illustrate digitally, but I felt it was appropriate."

-Movie Poster of the Week: An Interview with "Funny Games" Poster Designer Akiko Stehrenberger (link)

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Young Freud posted:

I kinda dig this poster for Ralph Fiennes' adaptation of Coriolanus. The blood defining Fiennes' washed-out facial features plays into something of the film's theme and his blue, shell-shocked eyes staring out at the viewer gives a sense of vulnerability.

It also places him at the moment that makes him a legend and defines his relationship with his mother.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

It's actually a photorealistic photoshop illustration, with some added noise filters.

"I literally sat at my personal computer and, in slow motion, chose a frame from the movie I thought would work best. I worked off a very tiny dvd screenshot, maybe 4"x4" and 72 dpi at best and used it as the base. With a background in illustration, and a stubborness for painting tangibly for many years, it was the first time I had decided to illustrate digitally, but I felt it was appropriate."

-Movie Poster of the Week: An Interview with "Funny Games" Poster Designer Akiko Stehrenberger (link)

It's incredible that they couldn't afford to give him hi-res grab. I suppose those few years ago you'd only have an sd telecine to work from in offline editing and getting one frame rescanned would be a whole process, but now days that sounds crazy.

edit: Oops. Her.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Jun 27, 2012

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Vagabundo posted:

Limited edition poster that will be given away at selected midnight IMAX screenings. I quite like it, actually.

Maybe if it didn't have the Lizard on there I would agree with you but as is I think it looks terrible.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

Maybe if it didn't have the Lizard on there I would agree with you but as is I think it looks terrible.

It looks very '80s for some reason. Maybe it's the red-blue color scheme.

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

I actually like the color scheme. The main problem with that poster is the horrible composition- the whole thing is about to fall off the goddamn page.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It looks almost like Spider-Man is swinging himself straight into the ground.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

kiimo posted:

How did they get talent approval for this?

"Hey Billy we came up with a concept that immediately makes your face look like you've been following the Val Kilmer diet and you will explode, shooting fat on the walls at any second."

"Cool."
Billy Zane IS Marlon Brando AS Colonel Kurtz IN

RED CLOVER

Is this a St. Patrick's Day horror movie?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Vagabundo posted:

I missed out on the Avengers IMAX poster, but this should compliment my Prometheus IMAX poster nicely. Even though the design of the poster leaves a little bit to be desired, it's awesome of IMAX to do poo poo like this.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Wish I could count all the motifs in this one- floating head, reflection, evil looming empire, the Naked Gun-style body language

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
That Spiderman poster looks like a poster for a DTV Spiderman cartoon movie circa mid 1990's.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Pablo Gigante posted:

Billy Zane IS Marlon Brando AS Colonel Kurtz IN

RED CLOVER

Is this a St. Patrick's Day horror movie?

Tonight's Episode: Red Clover, Red Clover, Send MURDER Right Over!

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

Young Freud posted:

Looks not dissimilar to this anachronistic Shakespeare adaptation:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Hewlett posted:

Looks not dissimilar to this anachronistic Shakespeare adaptation:

Which, just FYI, is the best movie.

Coriolanus is also really good.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Coriolanus is really fuckin' good but just a hair under Titus.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Some posters I have hanging in my apartment, I wish I had a more over-arching motif other than "random rear end movies to have posters of hanging in your place"

and here's a better pic (not mine) of that last one, just because I've always loved that poster.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

ruddiger posted:

Some posters I have hanging in my apartment, I wish I had a more over-arching motif other than "random rear end movies to have posters of hanging in your place"

and here's a better pic (not mine) of that last one, just because I've always loved that poster.

Why is your chicago flag all creased, iron that poo poo out :mad:.

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

ruddiger posted:

They don't make them like they did in the 80s. Even posters for kids movies were awesome.

Pretty sure all three of these freaked me out as a child.

E:

Olewithmilk posted:

penguinmambo posted:

Aweseomcrow aside, it's not only creepy because of the whites of the eyes, but the idea a bird could turn its eyes to you (instead of turning its whole head comically because birds can't really do the former) feels immensely creepy.

See to me, the creepy factor died immediately since it looked more like the crow is rolling her eyes at the movie and will now start rattling off all the reasons it sucks in Lumpy Space Princess' voice. :D

Rahonavis fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Jun 28, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

There is no way this is going to not rule.

I'm not usually a fan of super-cluttered posters like this one, but I like it a lot for some reason. Maybe the color scheme?