Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FanofPortals
Sep 22, 2006

BILL FILLMAFF'S GREATEST DISAPPOINTMENT
Old style Topps auto win for me

http://www.ebay.com/itm/180875770409?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I liked that design.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Got my Biznasty twitter sigs for $12 shipped. I hope the redemption goes faster than that Derek Stepan freshman fabric (although Panini is still better than Upper Deck at that).

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
I really like Contenders. The first case that was opened had TWO booklets and eight patches. Love the hard-signed autographs, and the only problem is a lack of cool inserts.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

AsInHowe posted:

I really like Contenders. The first case that was opened had TWO booklets and eight patches. Love the hard-signed autographs, and the only problem is a lack of cool inserts.

Which is odd because last year Contenders was all about cool inserts with leather larceny, great outdoors, against the glass and draft tandems :confused:

Oh and Rutkowski, that Fasth goaltender you have a :awesome: for will have rookie cards next year as he signed his first NHL contract and will no doubt be suiting up for a few games.

But..... he is a Duck :flaccid:

darkwolf220 fucked around with this message at 05:05 on May 22, 2012

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

darkwolf220 posted:

Which is odd because last year Contenders was all about cool inserts with leather larceny, great outdoors, against the glass and draft tandems :confused:

Contenders went from a hockey version of Contenders Football to a Panini version of SP Authentic. It's too bad the Winter Classic inserts didn't come back, that was a great set.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS GUY?

darkwolf220 posted:

Oh and Rutkowski, that Fasth goaltender you have a :awesome: for will have rookie cards next year as he signed his first NHL contract and will no doubt be suiting up for a few games.
Thing is, I hate the team he used to play for and I hate that he almost single-handedly knocked my team out of the playoffs last year.

I do appreciate his skill though.

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

Question for smart people: I bought 1 pack of Gypsy Queen baseball on a whim and got a redemption for a Matt Kemp auto (ebay BIN for the redemption cards is ~$60). I have no interest in keeping the card but want to know if I should redeem it then sell it. Which sells for more, the redemption cards or the real cards? I imagine its the same for hockey as it is for baseball. Thanks

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Wayne Gretzky posted:

Question for smart people: I bought 1 pack of Gypsy Queen baseball on a whim and got a redemption for a Matt Kemp auto (ebay BIN for the redemption cards is ~$60). I have no interest in keeping the card but want to know if I should redeem it then sell it. Which sells for more, the redemption cards or the real cards? I imagine its the same for hockey as it is for baseball. Thanks

Just redeem it and get the cash now.

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

AsInHowe posted:

Just redeem it and get the cash now.

I'm not sure I follow. The redemption cards are selling now for $60 but I know people dont like redemption cards so I'm wondering if its wiser to redeem the card and then sell the actual extant autographed card later

Surmy
May 25, 2010

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Just noticed BizNasty/Doan/Kane/Klingberg booklets are going for 60-70$ on ebay O_O. Really glad I opened one now since i'd never want to pay that much.

I'm interested to see how much the Scheifele/Postma/Savard/Atkinson is going to run me

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Wayne Gretzky posted:

I'm not sure I follow. The redemption cards are selling now for $60 but I know people dont like redemption cards so I'm wondering if its wiser to redeem the card and then sell the actual extant autographed card later

People don't like pulling redemption cards, but right now, you have a card that is a $60 item. By the time that the card is live, it might go down in value, Kemp might get injured, there might be a lot of Kemp cards, et cetera. If you don't want the card and it's not something that will be super shortprinted, it's better to sell now.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

^^^ What he said. Also Kemp might never sign. Some athletes are lazy or card companies use new sticker autos for new product instead of fulfilling the old product. Cash it out now and save the headache. Keep in mind that just because someone has a $60 BIN listed doesn't mean someone is willing to actually pay that. I'd tone down the expectations a little too.

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

OK thanks

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Welp, bought my first box from my local guy in a few months last night, an SPX and also got a pack of Crown Royale. Hope my luck carries over into this weekend's breaks:

David Rundblad ice rookie
Cam Neely dual jersey
Teemu Hartikainen jersey
MAf/Staal dual jersey
Erik Gudbranson jersey auto
and Ryan Getzlaf shadowbox from SPX

Blake Geoffreon rookie silhouettes prime auto /99 from Crown.

It was a good night :) pics later.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Pics as promised.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

It was a pretty good Pinnacle case break :stare:

If anyone is interested in that RNH auto, I'll offer it to goons at $100 shipped. Otherwise I am tossing it on eBay.

I'm not moving the Crosby though. Ever.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

darkwolf220 posted:

Oh come on, you don't even like him :v:

Anyway, not a card but here's my latest acquisition. The Wilkes-Barre Penguins kept a puck for the player of the game for each win this past season. Here's the goal puck from Simon Despres' OT winner against Hershey on November 11.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

darkwolf220 posted:

*sigh* If we would've randomed one less time that card would be mine. I will post my sweet Sabres patch when it comes.

Surmy
May 25, 2010

Sweet Luc Robitaille card
and a bent Sean Couturier/Harry Zolnerdouche dual rookie auto

Could be worse, could be better, decent night overall.

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011
I ended up with a 3 erikkson, 1 morrow, and 1 benn tonight... Not bad for a 60$ buyin

Surmy
May 25, 2010

Just finished up a rookie anthology break, and when you run good, you run good.

So... uh yeah...

I ran pretty good on randoms two losing only one of a crap ton.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Surmy posted:

Just finished up a rookie anthology break, and when you run good, you run good.

So... uh yeah...

I ran pretty good on randoms two losing only one of a crap ton.

Holy gently caress, how many teams did you have :stare:

I busted hard on rookie anth. First one I had the Yotes, was TOLD I had gotten a Rundblad rookie treasures and was happy, the video just got posted, not there :\ So I ended up with a handful of Pinnacle rookies and a Miele freshman sigs. Round 2 I got pick 5 so I waffled between Colorado and Detroit. Took Detroit for the 3x silhouettes (Smith, Nyqvist and Lidstrom). First box, first bonus pack Landeskog Ice Kings auto :suicide:. And also for some reason the Wings of all teams missed. I ended up with 3 Pinnacle rookies (one of each) and a Smith/someone else dual mem. So yeah, I had a bad one haha.

Also that Faulk auto is really nice ;)

Surmy
May 25, 2010

darkwolf220 posted:

Holy gently caress, how many teams did you have :stare:

I busted hard on rookie anth. First one I had the Yotes, was TOLD I had gotten a Rundblad rookie treasures and was happy, the video just got posted, not there :\ So I ended up with a handful of Pinnacle rookies and a Miele freshman sigs. Round 2 I got pick 5 so I waffled between Colorado and Detroit. Took Detroit for the 3x silhouettes (Smith, Nyqvist and Lidstrom). First box, first bonus pack Landeskog Ice Kings auto :suicide:. And also for some reason the Wings of all teams missed. I ended up with 3 Pinnacle rookies (one of each) and a Smith/someone else dual mem. So yeah, I had a bad one haha.

Also that Faulk auto is really nice ;)

5 teams 3 hit big 1 ok and dallas busted. montreal toronto columbus ftw

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

Surmy posted:

5 teams 3 hit big 1 ok and dallas busted. montreal toronto columbus ftw

Dallas busts from anyone not named Ashekaban.

Surmy
May 25, 2010

More stuff in

[/img]

Also, cloutsnchara for their 1000th gropubreak is doing 36 boxes of the cup(one case of each year) and other bonus' for 1000$ O_O

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Weird, do you know how big that sticker auto of dead people subset is?

Sharp_angus
Aug 10, 2005

I just love the game. I can't get enough of hackey!
So the redemption from UD that I emailed them twice about (a Bode Miller out of S2 from a few years ago) finally got replaced... A Luke Schenn two color patch /35 from SP Game Used and....... A Keith Aulie autofacts.

All the Aulies will be mine!

Surmy
May 25, 2010

ElwoodCuse posted:

Weird, do you know how big that sticker auto of dead people subset is?

As far as I know its Bourdon, Boogaard and Rypien. Based on ebay completed auctions they're pretty rare.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
As a general warning, stay away from Rookie Anthology. Lots of quality control issues, according to Panini.

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

AsInHowe posted:

As a general warning, stay away from Rookie Anthology. Lots of quality control issues, according to Panini.

What do you mean?

Surmy
May 25, 2010

AsInHowe posted:

Collation is a little iffy(Panini product with bad collation? NOWAI). Outside of that I have not seen any real issues in a half dozen cases opened. What are you seeing/hearing?

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Just bought one box of Broad Street Boys online. I'll be sure to update what I get out of it.

Granted, I basically just paid nearly 100 bucks for what amounts to a single pack or two of cards (8 base, 6 inserts), but seeing some of the insert pulls that people have gotten just made it too tempting. Exciting :toot:

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Ashekaban posted:

What do you mean?

Two reasons:

- A friend busted a case, didn't get what was stated, and his shop owner called Panini. The QC guy at Panini stated that they'd been expecting this call, as someone in production told them "expect a lot of problems with this product".

- The stated odds, and what I've seen, are as follows:

• One Luxury Suite RC #'d 99 This has been in every case
• One Level 1 or Level 2 Rookie Treasure Rookie card per caseI've seen none
• One of the following per case (Rookie Silhouette #'d 99, Prime Rookie Silhouette #'d 25 or Rookie Treasure Patch #'d 15)I've seen 3 of 4 cases with a Silhouette and a Treasures patch, with the Treasures of someone crappy
• Two to Three Limited Phenoms Autographed Rookie cards per caseThis has been 3-4 per case
• One Autographed Ice Breaker Parallel per case3 seen in 4 cases

None of the cases had the guarantees, and multiple cases had completely bizarre assortments. There's also Freshman Fabric cards (from Certified), and those have been one per case.

Surmy
May 25, 2010

AsInHowe posted:

Two reasons:

- A friend busted a case, didn't get what was stated, and his shop owner called Panini. The QC guy at Panini stated that they'd been expecting this call, as someone in production told them "expect a lot of problems with this product".

• One of the following per case (Rookie Silhouette #'d 99, Prime Rookie Silhouette #'d 25 or Rookie Treasure Patch #'d 15)I've seen 3 of 4 cases with a Silhouette and a Treasures patch, with the Treasures of someone crappy
• Two to Three Limited Phenoms Autographed Rookie cards per caseThis has been 3-4 per case

None of the cases had the guarantees, and multiple cases had completely bizarre assortments. There's also Freshman Fabric cards (from Certified), and those have been one per case.

The only problem I see here is
One Level 1 or Level 2 Rookie Treasure Rookie card per caseI've seen none

Which I've personally not experienced. Cases over delivering is a reason not to crack product now?

Surmy
May 25, 2010

Breaking a box of Titanium that was a gift from a friend as we speak.

Pack 1: Matt Read / Zac Rinaldo dual signatures(Will go nice with my Couturier/Zolnersick dual)

Pack 2: Dale Weise new wave auto

Pack 3: Frans Nielsen private signings

Pack 4: Scott Timmins RC 72/75
Calvin De Haan Rookie reserve dual patch auto 1/15

Pack 5: Niklas Backstrom jersey
Kari Lehtonen base card

Pics: http://imgur.com/a/RgVX4

Ok.... well... that box was pretty insane :)

Surmy fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Jul 5, 2012

astrobuck9
Oct 18, 2008

AsInHowe posted:

Two reasons:

I been in about 15 breaks of Anthology and the I can say in 11 out of those 15 breaks, the 1 card bonus pack was a NY Ranger Luxury Suite Stick/Jersey card. 3 of which were Derek Stepan. Of the remaining 4, 2 were Crown Royale Tomas Kubalik from the Blue Jackets Auto cards, and a Flyer and a Duck Luxury Suite Stick/Jersey cards.
It also seems like Ottawa gets a ton of hits (esp. Rookie Treasures)in the ones I've been in.

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011
Wolf, got the package today. Lehtonen is so pretty.

Wish the other would of shown up :(

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

astrobuck9 posted:

I been in about 15 breaks of Anthology and the I can say in 11 out of those 15 breaks, the 1 card bonus pack was a NY Ranger Luxury Suite Stick/Jersey card. 3 of which were Derek Stepan. Of the remaining 4, 2 were Crown Royale Tomas Kubalik from the Blue Jackets Auto cards, and a Flyer and a Duck Luxury Suite Stick/Jersey cards.
It also seems like Ottawa gets a ton of hits (esp. Rookie Treasures)in the ones I've been in.

The collation is really weird. You can get lucky, or you can get really unlucky.

Surmy
May 25, 2010

Ashekaban posted:

Wolf, got the package today. Lehtonen is so pretty.

Wish the other would of shown up :(

Yay Kari!

Speaking of which, I picked up a few packs of Rookie Anthology to celebrate getting my new car.

Owner included the bonus pack for 5$.

Inside the bonus pack?

Boom goes the dynamite?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

Surmy posted:

Yay Kari!

Speaking of which, I picked up a few packs of Rookie Anthology to celebrate getting my new car.

Owner included the bonus pack for 5$.

Inside the bonus pack?

Boom goes the dynamite?

So what you are saying is you are buying us a case of all goalies? That's my Surmy!

• Locked thread