Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

bobkatt013 posted:

He is saying that mental illness can be caused by poor diet.

BK stackers caused schizophrenia, that's why they were discontinued.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
I am happy people are starting to accept Lance Storm is a loving idiot.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

I am happy people are starting to accept Lance Storm is a loving idiot.

I am going to burn my Lance Storm: Calgary Alberta Canada shirt, who wants to join me?

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

a famous person has stupid opinions? Why I never

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

nasboat posted:

They just have more outlets to air them nowadays. When ROB SCHNEIDER of all people suddenly agrees with Jenny McCarthy about autism, you know Meltzer was right about some people who need to be off social media for their own good.

But anyway, back to the fun, interesting tweets...

William Regal posted:

I would love to train Rampage,Tito and Jason Miller to become part of our job.I think they'd be a perfect fit.

Natalya posted:

Had a great time in Amarillo! Also proud of Brodus for eating that big steak! I believed in you the whole Time! LOL:)
According to Santino, it was 72oz.

Wade Barrett posted:

Chris Eubank is my favourite boxing personality of all time. Benn, my favourite fighter. Also big fan of Bruno, Prince Naz and Lewis.
Also of note is his Twitter bio: "I'm the dandy highwayman who you're too scared to mention."

No doubt about it...

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Perigryn posted:

According to Santino, it was 72oz.

It'd be this steak here if they were in Amarillo. I've been to that restaurant before and they keep one on display out in the front, it's about the size of a hubcap.

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.

Perigryn posted:

Also of note is his Twitter bio: "I'm the dandy highwayman who you're too scared to mention."

No doubt about it...

He spends his cash on looking flash and grabbing your attention?

Domalom
Mar 20, 2009

Gadzooks!
William Regal gives advice on getting into the wrestling business:

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/i7i4pa

quote:

@JoshBlack26 It takes a lot more work to being a WWE superstar than an few Pro Wrestling holds and throws. You must develop all your skills and that usually comes from help from more experienced pro's. I never had to be told to ask for help and guidance and never to this day stop working on my skills. Sitting round texting, playing games and whining will get you know where. No one owes you a living.

So that I don't come across like a miserable old git (insert joke), I will happily give some free advice to up and coming Pro Wrestlers:

Find a school with a good rep and a trainer who has a great pedigree.
Learn the basics properly.Get and stay in good condition,there's a big difference from looking in condition to actually being in condition.I'm a believer in Hindu squats,Hindu push ups and most importantly proper bridging(nose on mat,feet flat on mat).Work hard and have respect for the job.Good manners go a long way.Treat people the way you would like to be treated.Enjoy it.

Now once you are training:

- Make everything you do mean something or don't bother doing it.

- Study the greats and the people who the great ones admire.Very important.

- Get a good base of basics and perfect them.Don't take this for granted.

- Work at perfecting your skills but be honest with yourself. If there are things you don't do well then avoid doing them.

- Try to find someone who will give you an honest answer about your skills. Most people's ego won't allow them to think they do things badly.

- Practice your talking skills. Use a mirror and film yourself and work on every detail, facials, eyes and mannerisms.

- Look to the world to find things that you can use to develop your character. Films, TV shows and anything else that grabs your attention.

- Learn how to read people's emotions. This tip is invaluable. People don't just boo or cheer. You have to learn how to make them.

Only one in a million has the Elvis factor(old reference but I can't think of a better one).If you truly have that quality then you can get away with anything but the majority of us don't so don't take your skills for granted.I believe that that the more time you put into learning the details the better and longer your career will be.

Watch this match and really study everything they do.You should aim for this standard if you are interested in technical wrestling http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6YW9Xcp07s&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I know I'm the last person you want to listen to about physique training but it's very important these days.From seeing how the smart people train now it seems as though compound movements like squats,deadlifts etc build better,more functional,resilient bodies for our business.Bodybuilding movements don't.Like I said,this is just what I see and hear .

Learn from the mistakes of the people who have come before you (including me) and try not to make them.

To make it in the WWE you have to be very adaptable and willing to make any character or opportunity work.Heres some very good advise.Make a list of the worst possible situations and character traits you be asked to do.Now make up a character and promos involving those traits and work on perfecting that character and promo(on your own otherwise you'll get locked up).Make those things second nature.Now you've taken away some of your fears so whatever you are asked to do should be easier.Dont skip this task.Very few people who come to the WWE end up being the character they envisioned.
The most important things you have to make you connect with an audience are your eyes.If you believe in yourself and your persona it will be evident in your eyes.You cannot show any real emotion without your eyes.So,if you're interested in being taken seriously then never wear anything to cover them.This will offend a lot of people but you don't look cool wearing sunglasses indoors.You look a divvy.There are many big stars who have worn them but you'll find most will take them off when they're making a serious point or they just have that special magic that only 1 in a million have.

- wOne more tip. Everyone takes ideas from others but make them your own. Try to be original. Be a one off.

That's enough for today. Sounds simple enough but very few put those ideas into practice. Use common sense. Everything is in those tweets. Figure them out. In other words don't be a div. I can't hold your hand.

Domalom fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Jul 8, 2012

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
There aren't too many people under WWE contract who understand what it takes better than Regal. Goddamn, make him your head trainer for developmental.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

Dolph Ziggler posted:

another tabloid pic of jennifer aniston crying, theyre easy to get, shes an actress.....shes seen her movies

Lance Storm posted:

@HEELZiggler Or maybe seen you win-loss record... :-O

Dolph Ziggler posted:

@Storm_Wrestling thats just mean....im gonna cry myself to sleep way more than usual tonight

Edwardian
May 4, 2010

"Can we have a bit of decorum on this forum?"

nasboat posted:

This is the worst part of twitter: finding out the people I like have shite opinions.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!

Edwardian posted:

This is the worst part of twitter: finding out the people I like have shite opinions.

It's the Internet equivalent of meeting someone whose work you really admire, only to find out they're a complete jerk.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Grandpa Pap posted:

It's the Internet equivalent of meeting someone whose work you really admire, only to find out they're a complete jerk.

Yea, now it's way easier to see your favorite people as complete turds.

"Oh hey, this guy I love in movies is on twitter, let's see what he has to say, something funny I bet! Oh no he's racist as hell what the gently caress?"

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Grandpa Pap posted:

Yeah a lot of people in my neck of the woods are finding that about Joe Paterno.

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger

Edwardian posted:

Like Colt Cabana and Dusty Rhodes.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

Mayo and Catsup posted:

Like Oatgan and Hulkamatt.

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.

Don't be ridiculous, no one likes them.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Perigryn fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Jul 9, 2012

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Pretty soon the Punk calls Joe comic will be reversed.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

CapCityGoofBall posted:

Pretty soon the Punk calls Joe comic will be reversed.

No. TNA is putting on better programming than before, but let's not loving kid ourselves here.

EDIT: Like seriously. Punk is presumably a multi-millionaire, the longest reigning WWE champion (which, despite how they treat it lately, is historically the greatest prize a wrestler can hold and I dare anyone to dispute that) in a long time and in like, is in the top 5 longest since the Hogan era or something, probably borders on household name or is getting closer anyway, makes late night talk show rounds, and is on the cover of a loving video game.

Joe is still in an admittedly improving TNA and MAY be in the title picture.

DOUBLE EDIT: MAYBE the NWA title is more prestigious historically but that's been poo poo longer than WWE's has, and on a deeper level, too.

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Jul 9, 2012

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

No. TNA is putting on better programming than before, but let's not loving kid ourselves here.

EDIT: Like seriously. Punk is presumably a multi-millionaire, the longest reigning WWE champion (which, despite how they treat it lately, is historically the greatest prize a wrestler can hold and I dare anyone to dispute that) in a long time and in like, is in the top 5 longest since the Hogan era or something, probably borders on household name or is getting closer anyway, makes late night talk show rounds, and is on the cover of a loving video game.

DOUBLE EDIT: MAYBE the NWA title is more prestigious historically but that's been poo poo longer than WWE's has, and on a deeper level, too.

I am pretty sure CM Punk making more for his WM title match than Joe makes in a year is totally overwhelmed by TNA being booked well for a few months.

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755

CapCityGoofBall posted:

Pretty soon the Punk calls Joe comic will have Samoa Joe nonplussed at his current situation, then Colt Cabana joins the party line and they both laugh at him.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

SamuraiFoochs posted:

The TNA World Championship isn't even associated with it anymore. Colt Cabana has it and it means less than the Knockout's Championship.

If anything the call would be, "Hey Joe? You seem happy again" and they share a :unsmith: :unsmith:

Maybe six months from now Joe will be TNA World Champion and CM Punk will be the victim of Vince McMahon changing his mind on Punk and deciding he needs to switch places with Jack Swagger. Until that happens, Punk is quite happy. He'll be retiring to his burger shop in no time.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Because my post was totally serious.

Edit: No need to defend the WWE at every point man, relax. I still love you :glomp:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

quote:

CapCityGoofBall posted:
Pretty soon the Punk calls Joe comic will have Samoa Joe nonplussed at his current situation, then Colt Cabana joins the party line and they both laugh at him.

Then Punk tells him to pick up his laundry and make sure his house is clean and his fridge is full of pepsi.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Or maybe they all Just sit back happy that as a group of guys that all made their name at the same time in a small promotion that they helped build to what it is today and have had enough success to have a good life doing what they love.

Then they all mock BJ Whitmer because BJ Whitmer sucks.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

bobkatt013 posted:

Then Punk tells him to pick up his laundry and make sure his house is clean and his fridge is full of pepsi.
And when he opens the fridge to refill it:

"drat it, Punk!"

:smug:

Edit:

Hulk Hogan posted:

AJ STYLES,My Superhero DANIELS and KAZARIAN have changed my view of the future of our business,they are the greatest,I thank u guys HH
'Future of our business'-Ages 35, 41 and 34.

Go to hell, Hogan.

Perigryn fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Jul 9, 2012

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
I'd argue that early to mid thirties really isn't that old so far as wrestling goes. These days, guys don't necessarily get the same seasoning they would before making it to TV. Guys used to have years of experience before getting to the main stage. Early to mid thirties is when a lot of dudes really hit their stride.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Writer Cath posted:

I'd argue that early to mid thirties really isn't that old so far as wrestling goes. These days, guys don't necessarily get the same seasoning they would before making it to TV. Guys used to have years of experience before getting to the main stage. Early to mid thirties is when a lot of dudes really hit their stride.
Oh, it's not a knock on them. I'm just saying despite all their previous great work, only NOW does Hogan 'see something in them' as if they're rookies or something (because years of Russo didn't help either). Also, Daniels was fired from TNA for a year due to him and Bischoff.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Perigryn posted:

'Future of our business'-Ages 35, 41 and 34.

Go to hell, Hogan.

His previous idea of the future of the business was to bring back the Nasty Boys and have Abyss be their John Cena. I'm just thankful he's moved forward at all.

And he isn't saying they're the future, he's saying they've changed his idea of what the future will be and it's changed to smaller, more athletic and charismatic dudes rather than giant steroid monkeys with no personality. Sure he got there long after guys like Terry Funk said pretty much the same thing but it's better that a man moves with the times more slowly than most rather than the Vince McMahon method of seeing changes in time, style and culture before deciding that whatever happens is just proof that it's still 1985.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Gonzo McFee posted:

His previous idea of the future of the business was to bring back the Nasty Boys and have Abyss be their John Cena. I'm just thankful he's moved forward at all.

And he isn't saying they're the future, he's saying they've changed his idea of what the future will be and it's changed to smaller, more athletic and charismatic dudes rather than giant steroid monkeys with no personality. Sure he got there long after guys like Terry Funk said pretty much the same thing but it's better that a man moves with the times more slowly than most rather than the Vince McMahon method of seeing changes in time, style and culture before deciding that whatever happens is just proof that it's still 1985.
...so, where does Garrett Bischoff fit in? :)

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Perigryn posted:

He fits in in the nepotistic poo poo category of wrestling that will remain a constant from the day Jeff Jarrett was born to the day Wrestling dies as a concept.

Hogan's a slow horse but right now he seems to be the only one moving in the right direction what with Vince refusing to move and ROH getting nervous about all this talk of glue factories.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Perigryn posted:

The person that is going to squash Aries.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
All this discussion just proves that "CM Punk Telephones Samoa Joe" is the most culturally important work of art in our generation.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Sir Lemming posted:

All this discussion just proves that "CM Punk Telephones Samoa Joe" is the most culturally important work of art in our generation.

What about Big Daddy V "STUCK :("?

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

It is just a shame that those men, who are the future of our business, are going to end their careers early because of bumps like the one last night.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

It is just a shame that those men, who are the future of our business, are going to end their careers early because of bumps like the one last night.
AJ Styles himself just gave an interview a few days ago where he said he's beginning to feel the toll those bumps are taking on his body and will be lucky if he has another 5 years in him at most.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

CapCityGoofBall posted:

Because my post was totally serious.

Edit: No need to defend the WWE at every point man, relax. I still love you :glomp:

I err on the side of caution with pro-TNA/anti-WWE posts lately because these are strange times. TNA is actually good I don't even

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

What about Big Daddy V "STUCK :("?

Ghoulish TNA fan in a wifebeater.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Gonzo McFee posted:

You know, Abyss' brother Joseph Park is probably one of the greatest parts about Impact. Hogan was half-right, if only he'd hired Joseph instead of focusing on his brother Chris. You know....Abyss.