Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

bunnielab posted:

What does like any of this mean?

I literally got back into PC gaming like two months ago so all this poo poo is very foreign to me. Although the very nice guys in the STALKER thread talked me through getting that modded and running so I assume that a more normal game cant be that bad.

It says CCO, not COO :) Cirosan's Complete Overhaul, I believe, is in the OP.

LPAM is in the OP, it's the Low Profile Armor mod or something that Cream of Plenty put together. TA is The Armory, also in the OP, that me and a few others here on SA work on that provides nothing but a massive, massive weapon resource for you to use. Both won't be found on sites like Nexus because they're pirate packs meant to be as underground as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Naky posted:

Both won't be found on sites like Nexus because they're pirate packs meant to be as underground as possible.

Dirty mod thieves and your den of piracy! :argh:

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

bunnielab posted:

Oh lord the acronyms are flying.

What is COO?

What does like any of this mean?

I literally got back into PC gaming like two months ago so all this poo poo is very foreign to me. Although the very nice guys in the STALKER thread talked me through getting that modded and running so I assume that a more normal game cant be that bad.

CCO is Cirosan's Classic Overhaul

Project Nevada is a very large overhaul for the game that adds things like sprinting and bullet time. It added a bunch of weapons too.

LPAM is the Low Profile Armor Mod (click for rar) that tries to add balanced/immersed armor.

Naky and others have made a comprehensive weapons mod, but you would have to pick and choose what weapons you'd want in it since it has all kinds of weapons in it.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

jackofarcades posted:

CCO is Cirosan's Classic Overhaul

Project Nevada is a very large overhaul for the game that adds things like sprinting and bullet time. It added a bunch of weapons too.

LPAM is the Low Profile Armor Mod (click for rar) that tries to add balanced/immersed armor.

Naky and others have made a comprehensive weapons mod, but you would have to pick and choose what weapons you'd want in it since it has all kinds of weapons in it.

Cool, thanks. How is it set up to pick weapons? Like, is there a UI menu or do I need to root around in the game files?

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

bunnielab posted:

Cool, thanks. How is it set up to pick weapons? Like, is there a UI menu or do I need to root around in the game files?

Which, PN or TA? For TA, we offer a leveled lists with roughly 55% of the weapons in the pack available throughout the game or in stores at this point or through the use/selection of DLC style starter packs or finally through a series of cabinets in Goodsprings that you can use to access all of the weapons in the entire thing by type.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Naky posted:

Which, PN or TA? For TA, we offer a leveled lists with roughly 55% of the weapons in the pack available throughout the game or in stores at this point or through the use/selection of DLC style starter packs or finally through a series of cabinets in Goodsprings that you can use to access all of the weapons in the entire thing by type.

I meant TA, but I guess that answered that. Is there a way to make the NCPs have the new weapons?

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

bunnielab posted:

I meant TA, but I guess that answered that. Is there a way to make the NCPs have the new weapons?

The leveled lists distribute the weapons through NPCs, stores, loot tables, etc. But be forewarned, the leveled lists don't discriminate between the weapons. You'll find lore breaking poo poo, tactilol stuff, and familiar weapons from other games. We don't have any interest in catering to any one userbase since the entire pack is meant to be a resource but that shouldn't stop other people from making their own immersion based leveled lists or a world placement type mod either. In fact, we encourage it and try to include other people's mods into our official releases.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

I don't get why people love jSawyer so much. Other than re-balancing certain aspects, literally all decreased carrying capacity does is make you play Inventory Keeper: New Vegas a lot more than the actual game. It makes nothing actually harder in any way whatsoever, and you will only have to throw stuff away if you're completely lazy.

Inventory is fairly ridiculous in vanilla, yes, but half of the problem here is that the game organizes inventory terribly. The only modern RPG inventory system I've seen that is worse is Mass Effect 1.

I think it's more than a little disingenuous to say that JSawyer can be distilled down to an inventory reducer. Saying "other than re-balancing certain aspects" is basically dismissing the rest of the mod. The person you quoted gave a general idea of the mod, but it touches upon more than those things. That includes re-implementing DR, rescaling armors to have much more tangible buffs, and addressing an abundance of basically everything in the original game. It does make the game harder in more ways than "you can't carry as much" :hurr: and if you spent 60 seconds looking at all of the changes it makes in FNVEdit you'd probably realize that.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Naky posted:

The leveled lists distribute the weapons through NPCs, stores, loot tables, etc. But be forewarned, the leveled lists don't discriminate between the weapons. You'll find lore breaking poo poo, tactilol stuff, and familiar weapons from other games. We don't have any interest in catering to any one userbase since the entire pack is meant to be a resource but that shouldn't stop other people from making their own immersion based leveled lists or a world placement type mod either. In fact, we encourage it and try to include other people's mods into our official releases.

That's cool. How hard it is to alter the leveled lists?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

bunnielab posted:

That's cool. How hard it is to alter the leveled lists?

Not hard, really. Just tedious.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

What's the command to redo an existing character's looks or change their race?

Is there one that doesn't break everything yet?

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Not hard, really. Just tedious.

Most of my modding on TA was done with the help of Captain Morgan and Coca Cola. You, too, can find a way.

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...

GreenBuckanneer posted:

What's the command to redo an existing character's looks or change their race?

Is there one that doesn't break everything yet?

showracemenu in the console, which you can open up by pressing the ~ key.

Here's some more of them.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I'm using a FXAA shader thing because I don't have a good enough computer to have any massive blur/dof/aa going on, but the one I downloaded apparently uses a kind of shader effect thing with some weird saturation.

Is there any you guys recommend that doesn't look either washed out or whatever?

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
I am trying to log into Nexus to get Project Nevada but I keep getting:

Nexus posted:

Error
The site has run in to a problem, please look at the error message below...

Undefined error

I have reset my password twice. Is this common or am I just special?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Anybody up to making the Mysterious Stranger trenchcoat playable? I think it needs to be chopped into chunks like the other armours and have parts renamed to avoid it popping into the screen in first-person. I tried fiddling with it in NifSkope myself to no avail.

Nevets posted:

I haven't had any, but are you thinking of problems with the readius mod? This is actually an entirely different one, just looks similar.

I thought it affected both of them.

physeter
Jan 24, 2006

high five, more dead than alive

Naky posted:

You're not taking enough credit. I've been playing with TA levelled for several playthroughs and I thought the job was ultrasolid. Powder gangers carry lovely 9mms, supermutant masters pack the heavy poo poo and it's a very good distribution for the inbetweens. I can't think of a single drop that's hurt MY IMMERSION. I guess some people might not want the higher end assault rifles but in a game that has plasma cannons I'm okay with it.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

physeter posted:

You're not taking enough credit. I've been playing with TA levelled for several playthroughs and I thought the job was ultrasolid. Powder gangers carry lovely 9mms, supermutant masters pack the heavy poo poo and it's a very good distribution for the inbetweens. I can't think of a single drop that's hurt MY IMMERSION. I guess some people might not want the higher end assault rifles but in a game that has plasma cannons I'm okay with it.

The problem with MY IMMERSION is that it's pretty subjective. From my experience, there are plenty of people who feel that if it doesn't have wood and look like it was completely trashed and damned near unfireable, it's not immersive. Hell, even Arenovalis gets poo poo on routinely for putting manufacturer stamps+model names in his retextures and for texturing them their proper or common colors. One person even went so far as to say that the color he chose for the stock on the M79 retexture was lore breaking.

So I tend to err on the side of caution when people say they're looking for immersive weapons by warning them that they may not like a bunch of weapons in the leveled lists.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Is there any good weapons pack that's compatible with poo poo like wmx that contains guns like f2000 or p90 or other popular weapons like that?

I currently have fonv exactly how I want it, I'm just lacking some good modern weapons.

Fantasy weapons are good too, I got that custom THOR gun but I'm looking for other things. Maybe a Spas12 or AUG A3 or PDW-R or MTAR-21, or whatever.

Any help would be great :D

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I'm using a FXAA shader thing because I don't have a good enough computer to have any massive blur/dof/aa going on, but the one I downloaded apparently uses a kind of shader effect thing with some weird saturation.

Is there any you guys recommend that doesn't look either washed out or whatever?

The FXAA injector in the OP comes with an easy-to-use utility that allows you to control all sorts of poo poo, like contrast and saturation.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Is there any good weapons pack that's compatible with poo poo like wmx that contains guns like f2000 or p90 or other popular weapons like that?

I currently have fonv exactly how I want it, I'm just lacking some good modern weapons.

WMX has a Modern Weapons plugin. It adds stuff like AA-12s, TMPs, and the Glock 18c.

Naky posted:

The problem with MY IMMERSION is that it's pretty subjective. From my experience, there are plenty of people who feel that if it doesn't have wood and look like it was completely trashed and damned near unfireable, it's not immersive. Hell, even Arenovalis gets poo poo on routinely for putting manufacturer stamps+model names in his retextures and for texturing them their proper or common colors. One person even went so far as to say that the color he chose for the stock on the M79 retexture was lore breaking.

So I tend to err on the side of caution when people say they're looking for immersive weapons by warning them that they may not like a bunch of weapons in the leveled lists.

The only thing that bugs me is when weapon models are straight rips from DarkElfa's CSS resources, and don't have a speck of dust or scrape on them. Nothing is that clean. Arenovalis' texture work is fantastic because it conveys the "worn" feeling--like the weapons are tools that see regular use--without diving into full-blown, "I keep my poo poo together with 550 cord" territory.

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Jul 17, 2012

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I know, I have those but it doesn't have enough.

Naky's mod has most of what I want though.

edit:

Naky your Colt beowolf has a scope, but it doesn't act like a scope, it acts like an ironsight. Furthermore when you look in the scope in ironsights mode it's just white.

The CTAR-21 has clipping issues on ironsights

The ARMS BFP or whatever seems to have specular map issues and ammo clipping the revolver chamber

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Jul 17, 2012

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I know, I have those but it doesn't have enough.

Naky's mod has most of what I want though.

edit:

Naky your Colt beowolf has a scope, but it doesn't act like a scope, it acts like an ironsight. Furthermore when you look in the scope in ironsights mode it's just white.

The ARMS BFP or whatever seems to have specular map issues and ammo clipping the revolver chamber

Beowulf's been fixed, can look into the CTAR though clipping issues can be hard to resolve, and the BFP's been axed.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

There was another gun, I forget the name but it was an old style (wood stock) either shotgun or rifle that also had clipping issues on ironsights. However instead of the butt end of the ironsight being clipped like the CTAR, the stock was clipping allowing you to see through the model.

Most of these guns own hard though, some of them are kind of just lame. I've never actually seen a gun with the mag near the muzzle but it looks loving retarded, and there was a few gun designs that were just weak. One pistol in particular was awesome because whoever made or imported the model had the projectile grooves inside the barrel. That's a sick level of detail. One of the guns made me think of Blame! which was awesome too.
Click here to view the full image

One of the discontinued energy guns, I forget the name since I'm playing DM right now and they took it away but it was way down the list and it was a huge white rifle of sorts, shot a mini explosion. It's too bad that one was apparently axed because it's one of my favorites.

Any consideration into importing the witcher 2 swords though?

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Jul 17, 2012

physeter
Jan 24, 2006

high five, more dead than alive
I actually love the lame guns because they're so perfect in the setting. My favorite is peppergun scattershot. Utterly loving useless weapon unless you're at point blank range and you score a crit. It's not even worth the three caps for the shotgun shell. But I always manage to glue one together and carry it around because you never know when poo poo's gonna get real with a bloatfly.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Aww, no updates for AG Supplementary Uniques for Arenovalis' new retextures :(

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.
First time modder here.

Might be an obvious answer (No), but can you install mods on the fly?

I've got a few mods installed already on this playthrough.

What if I go and install more? Will the game crash? Is it a case by case basis?

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

Krime posted:

First time modder here.

It's on a case by case basis but generally the answer is yes, you can do it, and for a lot of mods it is best if after you install them you wait for 2 days or whatever in an empty room so that the rest of the world can respawn. I think.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
Certain mods require a fresh save file, mainly mods that overhaul the game mechanics. Say, however, you just want to play a user made quest, then yeah, you can just add that on to your game and play it with an existing Courier.

Deleuzionist
Jul 20, 2010

we respect the antelope; for the antelope is not a mere antelope

Krime posted:

First time modder here.

Carefully check the documentation provided with the mod or its FAQ or whatever. Usually it is specifically mentioned if a mod requires starting a new game to function properly, and in such instances it really is best to obey the requirement. As a rule of thumb the more complex the mod and the more it alters the game, the more likely a restart is required.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

GreenBuckanneer posted:

There was another gun, I forget the name but it was an old style (wood stock) either shotgun or rifle that also had clipping issues on ironsights. However instead of the butt end of the ironsight being clipped like the CTAR, the stock was clipping allowing you to see through the model.

Most of these guns own hard though, some of them are kind of just lame. I've never actually seen a gun with the mag near the muzzle but it looks loving retarded, and there was a few gun designs that were just weak. One pistol in particular was awesome because whoever made or imported the model had the projectile grooves inside the barrel. That's a sick level of detail. One of the guns made me think of Blame! which was awesome too.
Click here to view the full image

One of the discontinued energy guns, I forget the name since I'm playing DM right now and they took it away but it was way down the list and it was a huge white rifle of sorts, shot a mini explosion. It's too bad that one was apparently axed because it's one of my favorites.

Any consideration into importing the witcher 2 swords though?

Would be really handy for us if you could find out which rifle or shotgun had those clipping issues on the sights so we can fix it. Also, never hurts to give your input on which weapons you feel are lame since popular support for that opinion can lead to them getting axed.

I don't think any of the guns have a magazine near the muzzle, unless you're talking about the animation glitch that can sometimes happen (it happens to stock guns too). But if you can consistently reproduce it, it's either a gently caress up on our end or some other issue.

Can't remember what that huge white rifle was though... maybe the experimental railgun that we were playing around with? Never really did what we wanted it to do.

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.
Thanks for the replies.

Only thing I would consider right now would be clothing options.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
Yeah, clothes mods are almost always safe to just drop into the middle of a game. You might need to let a few in-game days pass for them to be stocked by vendors, however.

To Naky: Does the weapon cabinet option provide all the weapons in the armory (including ones not in the leveled list)? If so, I might load it up just to play with the guns in god mode and see if any are broken.

Fake edit: Do the cabinets also come with the appropriate ammo?

Doctor Shitfaced fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Jul 17, 2012

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

misterdoo01 posted:

To Naky: Does the weapon cabinet option provide all the weapons in the armory (including ones not in the leveled list)? If so, I might load it up just to play with the guns in god mode and see if any are broken.

Fake edit: Do the cabinets also come with the appropriate ammo?

All are in the cabinet, though do be sure to load up with the latest WIP before reporting 2.5 release weapons. We have fixed a few things, though there's probably about a dozen weapons that still need refining/fixing in the WIP. There's ammo in the cabinet for weapons that don't use stock ammo. I use the cheat terminal mod on Nexus for everything else.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo this game is so loving pretty. And somehow my hamfisted adding of mods appears not to have broken it.

I do have a question, I cannot get the mouse to feel "right" despite messing with all the obvious settings. Is there something I am missing? It feels really different that any other FPS I have played on this machine.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

bunnielab posted:

Holy poo poo this game is so loving pretty. And somehow my hamfisted adding of mods appears not to have broken it.

I do have a question, I cannot get the mouse to feel "right" despite messing with all the obvious settings. Is there something I am missing? It feels really different that any other FPS I have played on this machine.

Make sure to turn off mouse acceration in the .ini, that fixes my mouse problems, usually.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Mr E posted:

Make sure to turn off mouse acceration in the .ini, that fixes my mouse problems, usually.

Which one?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

bunnielab posted:

Which one?

Just follow these instructions:

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Help! My mouse feels like poo poo!
To Remove Mouse Acceleration:
Open FALLOUT.ini (located in Documents / My Games / FalloutNV) and under the [controls] section add:
fForegroundMouseAccelBase=0
fForegroundMouseAccelTop=0
fForegroundMouseBase=0
fForegroundMouseMult=0

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
I've beaten base NV before but this week I started an all DLC'd up game with just DarnUI, JEsawyer, the performance mods in the OP, and western skies and I think it's perfect. It's like super duper director's cut poo poo in here

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Could you show us what this actually is? I'm not catching any clip issues on this end. Unless you mean "ironsights clipping through the face in third person", which cannot really be fixed, due to the animations not really being suited for bullpup rifles.

Speaking of, do you have Weapon Animation Replacers installed? The Armory basically requires this for bullpup/vertigripped rifles and certain other things to function properly. The CTAR-21 being both of those things, so this may be an animation issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
Hey a friend of mine just grabbed New Vegas, but is running it on a mediocre card. Are they any mods that are designed to improve performance, or should he just stick to the usual tweaking procedures? It's playable, but I feel he could improve it.

EDIT: I am a huge loving idiot who doesn't read OPs.

Doctor Shitfaced fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Jul 18, 2012