Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Karsh
Dec 22, 2004

this is my destiny
Plaster Town Cop

Pollyanna posted:

Anyway, money making strategies, anyone? I need to buy some stuff. I know green fairies help out a lot, but where can I go roughly after Bahamut?

If you can go to the Chamber of Extinction, get a coin (green) fairy, warp to the grail point, go one screen up and one screen left and whack the four boxes at the top right of that screen. Then walk to the screen on the right, back in, repeat. You'll make hundreds of gold in minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

RadicalR posted:

Guys, I'm about to lose it. I located Isis' necklace, so I got the fairies. But I'm still lost. I'm at a complete loss on what I'm supposed to do. I completed the Inferno place by getting the Cape (as far as I can tell, I can't explore any more until I get the claws.) I can't get into the Chamber of Extinction to get the Mirror since I can't hit the emblem. Help guys? Please?

You might be stuck where I was stuck:

Minor Hint: Look around the twin dungeon for an item that should give you an idea of where to go next

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Verviticus posted:

Minor Hint: Look around the twin dungeon for an item that should give you an idea of where to go next

I'm stuck at what to do about the poison gas. How do I get rid of it!? I'm supposed to find something in the labyrinth, I think, but there's nothing in the room to find or any switches to turn it off.

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Jul 18, 2012

blakyoshi
Feb 17, 2011

RadicalR posted:

Guys, I'm about to lose it. I located Isis' necklace, so I got the fairies. But I'm still lost. I'm at a complete loss on what I'm supposed to do. I completed the Inferno place by getting the Cape (as far as I can tell, I can't explore any more until I get the claws.) I can't get into the Chamber of Extinction to get the Mirror since I can't hit the emblem. Help guys? Please?

Have you fully explored the Spring in the Sky?

Pollyanna posted:

I'm stuck at what to do about the poison gas. How do I get rid of it!? I'm supposed to find something in the labyrinth, I think, but there's nothing in the room to find or any switches to turn it off.

That item is in the Endless Corridor. You may need an item from the Gate of Illusion to reach it.

blakyoshi fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Jul 18, 2012

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

Verviticus posted:

I can't explore too much. I keep getting raped by the bird miniboss.

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

I HATE ALL FORMS OF FUN AND ENTERTAINMENT. I HATE BEAUTY. I AM GOLDJAS.
What good exactly does having those mud men dudes spawning in the Chamber of Birth do for me?

klez
Oct 23, 2010

RadicalR posted:

I can't explore too much. I keep getting raped by the bird miniboss.

If you're talking about the feather shooting one, hit it right before it shoots out its feather, it won't stop time if you do it correctly, making this boss much easier.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

blakyoshi posted:

That item is in the Endless Corridor. You may need an item from the Gate of Illusion to reach it.

Does this have anything to do with Chamber of Extinction, or can I ignore that place for now?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Well, that was amusing. Apparently the Maze of Galious shortcut in the original is... er. Well, the entrance is still there, at least.

:psyduck:

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Pollyanna posted:

There are two other entrances to it. The one I remember is on the far right hand side of the mausoleum, go down the ladder

minor hint regarding twins: you wanna be on the left hand side of the twins so gently caress around with the ladders a lot

full spoiler if you are having trouble still: you're looking for the helmet - its in a store that looks like a recessed snake statue. it'll let you jump through waterfalls

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Illusion Gate.

nGOH MY GOD FACES :stonk:

can't sleep

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

In the room with the extremely obvious trap, one of the skeletons has a hint. Think about what it says and look at all the rooms on that level carefully.

I assume you mean A3 in which case I have a question.

How the hell do I make the ladder appear here:

klez
Oct 23, 2010

Der Shovel posted:

I assume you mean A3 in which case I have a question.

How the hell do I make the ladder appear here:

You don't, you come out from the other end later in the game. This has nothing to do w/ the boss on this map.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

klez posted:

You don't, you come out from the other end later in the game. This has nothing to do w/ the boss on this map.

So the skeleton 100 HOGS AGREE was talking about isn't in A3? I know which puzzle I'm supposed to do, but I apparently need to read the clue before I can do it because I've tried whipping the poo poo out of all the tablets and I just get zapped and the upper area in A3 is -- to my knowledge -- the only place I haven't been yet that I've discovered.

FAKE EDIT: I've also walked the invisible pathway and placed the weight on the secret pedestal in A6.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Der Shovel posted:

So the skeleton 100 HOGS AGREE was talking about isn't in A3? I know which puzzle I'm supposed to do, but I apparently need to read the clue before I can do it because I've tried whipping the poo poo out of all the tablets and I just get zapped and the upper area in A3 is -- to my knowledge -- the only place I haven't been yet that I've discovered.

FAKE EDIT: I've also walked the invisible pathway and placed the weight on the secret pedestal in A6.

You can't get there until later in the game. You come in through another area completely.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

You can't get there until later in the game. You come in through another area completely.

Ugh. I must've missed scanning a random skeleton somewhere then.

EDIT: hahaha god drat. Right in the room next to the puzzle

EDIT 2: Amphisbaena dead. I'm disappointed by the total lack of reward.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Jul 18, 2012

klez
Oct 23, 2010

Der Shovel posted:

Ugh. I must've missed scanning a random skeleton somewhere then.

The skeleton we're talking about is around the trap where stone face jaw drops on you

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.
Well, they made the Dimensional Corridor's life gem more annoying to get, didn't they?

Also: Baphomet is a guy

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

RaspberryCommie posted:

Well, they made the Dimensional Corridor's life gem more annoying to get, didn't they?

What a coincidence, I'm stuck on the exact same thing! Holy poo poo is this thing annoying!

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Well I flooded the Tower but those statues guarding the upper exits still aren't disappearing. I'm running through my recorded notes and nearby tablets, but I'm drawing yet another blank.

I did find the Talisman though, but if it's similar to the original, I need another item before I can really do anything related to it.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

What exactly am I supposed to do with the Mini Doll after using it in the Mausoleum?

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

HOLY poo poo that was awesome (major mid-late game spoilers) The elder holding up the giant column so you could run by and grab your fathers diary .

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Control Volume posted:

What a coincidence, I'm stuck on the exact same thing! Holy poo poo is this thing annoying!

Finally got the drat thing. Here's a bit of a trick that makes it a lot easier:
Once you finally get up there, don't go through the middle portion. Just head over to the left, jump up to where the chest is, then double jump off that and grapple onto the wall to jump to the seal. The spikes on the left don't hurt you because you're going up into them rather than over.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Phew, after a bit of research I've discovered (not really a discovery because everyone else aware knew it already) that the song Rest, No Rest is from GR3's first game... uh, GR3. Mulbruk is a total remix (not even, it's exactly the loving same) of Confession of a Painful Tooth and Endless Challenger is a remix (different beat, similar melody and motif) of an unused song called Easter. The only truly original songs are Eden (which has a similar piano riff to Maze of Galious but I think it fits the level) and Wise Men Who Halts.

Carver
Jan 14, 2003

Pollyanna posted:

What exactly am I supposed to do with the Mini Doll after using it in the Mausoleum?

"Use" it again at the place needed. back in the confusion/illusion gate

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

FPzero posted:

Well I flooded the Tower but those statues guarding the upper exits still aren't disappearing. I'm running through my recorded notes and nearby tablets, but I'm drawing yet another blank.

At the Tower Grail Point, there were some enemies going both up and down the sides of the screens. Kill those then depress some switches in the two rooms on either side of the grail point. Then just collect the item from the chest which, somehow, makes statues disappear. :iiam:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Carver posted:

"Use" it again at the place needed. back in the confusion/illusion gate

...Where is that? :( I found a tablet saying "Be a small man", but I'm using the doll and nothing's happening. Where am I supposed to use it?

Carver
Jan 14, 2003

Pollyanna posted:

...Where is that?

First screen to the right of the grail point in Illusion. It opens the way to Shu. There should be a human-like picture on the stone.

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

Pollyanna posted:

...Where is that? :( I found a tablet saying "Be a small man", but I'm using the doll and nothing's happening. Where am I supposed to use it?

Just run from screen to screen in the Giant's Mausoleum until you hear the "Secret found" sound (I'm not sure where it actually works), then if you attack the one wall in the illusion gate with the tablet that says you have to be small to pass you will destroy it.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

goldjas posted:

Just run from screen to screen in the Giant's Mausoleum until you hear the "Secret found" sound (I'm not sure where it actually works), then if you attack the one wall in the illusion gate with the tablet that says you have to be small to pass you will destroy it.

Hitting the block formation with the little person on it just gets me thunder'd to death :suicide: wtf man

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

I love it when I find a breakable wall and break it, only to find an unbreakable wall in its place :v:

Carver
Jan 14, 2003

goldjas posted:

Just run from screen to screen in the Giant's Mausoleum until you hear the "Secret found" sound

I believe that's the old way of doing it you need to "Use" it near a giant before going back to the Illusion gate, you might be right that you can just whip it open afterwards, but I thought I remember having to Use it again..

I'm not really a fan of the new "Using" everything but eh.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Weird, I managed to get the unlock sound when I used the doll near the giants (did it not save the last time I did it?), but trying to hit the little person block - even with the doll equipped - zaps me. Is it broken?

edit wait what. there it goes. fuckin thing

edit 2: chi you sucks :(

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Jul 18, 2012

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Oh man. Oh MAN. There's a software combination out there that boosts non-whip weapons and it absolutely trashes bosses like no other when you use the axe, and it's available as soon as you have access to fairies. I wish I had it before I had taken down 5 bosses, but whatever. Read on, interested parties!

You'll need two pieces of software, one of which costs 300 coins. One is in a tent hidden by a breakable wall on the left side of that waterfall area on the surface, called mekuri.exe. The other requires a key fairy in the Spring in the Sky. Once you get that fairy, go up a screen and it'll hover over the shop and make it explode. Then you go inside and buy randc.exe. Combine the two and murder everything with your non-whip weapon of choice. For those having trouble getting the fairy to spawn, the pattern is 4 stars going in a diamond pattern. If you don't get that pattern, quickly leave the screen before the fairy appears, which resets it.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

Control Volume posted:

Weapon boosting

There's a combination available at pretty much the exact same time that's worth grabbing for whips as well.

In the fairy room in the Gate of Illusion, there's a shop that sells move.exe for 300 gold. Buy that. Then grab a handy Key Fairy and take her one screen to the right of the Grail Point in the Chamber of Extinction. Somewhere in the Gate of Time is another rom (lamulana.exe) that, when paired with move.exe, powers up whips specifically.

That combination makes the flail as powerful as a pistol shot, which makes it worth hunting down ASAP. Especially if you can sneak into the Tower via a back way and get the Flail early.

edit: Changed post to reflect what the ROM combination actually does!

DoubleNegative fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Jul 18, 2012

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
So, it is true The skimpy swimsuit is still the reward of Hell Temple?

I still have that image ingraved in my mind when I first beaten Hell Temple in the past. This new version is pretty fun! Hard! But fun.

Also, gently caress Bahamut. Oh my GOD!

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Holy poo poo, Inferno Cavern is loving savage. I'm trying to find the save spot and get the hell out but I'm not having much success with even that! Thank god I bought the fireproof laptop case on a hunch or I would've died four times already.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

SourceElement posted:

There's a combination available at pretty much the exact same time that's worth grabbing for whips as well.

In the fairy room in the Gate of Illusion, there's a shop that sells move.exe for 300 gold. Buy that. Then grab a handy Key Fairy and take her one screen to the right of the Grail Point in the Chamber of Extinction. Somewhere in the Gate of Time is another rom (lamulana.exe) that, when paired with move.exe, powers up whips specifically.

That combination makes the flail as powerful as a pistol shot, which makes it worth hunting down ASAP. Especially if you can sneak into the Tower via a back way and get the Flail early.

edit: Changed post to reflect what the ROM combination actually does!

Welp, if I knew that The Gate of Time was an easter egg area I would have spoiled myself on how to get there a long time ago.

republic
Aug 15, 2004

FUN FOR THE FUN GOD
FRIENDS FOR THE FRIENDSHIP THRONE

I'm having a minor OCD meltdown about not being able to reach this chest, even though I know its just going to have gold or some garbage in it.

I initially ignored it and left it alone because I assumed I needed some additional equipment to reach it. I came back after icing a few guardians and picking up the Grapple Claw but I'm still coming up empty. Is there a trick to falling down the trap door and hanging on the opposite wall, or is there something else here that I'm missing?

Edit: FINALLY. 50 gold well worth it.

republic fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Jul 18, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I finally got pissed at not having it and looked up how to get the axe, so I'm wondering: how many loving random walls can be broken with literally no clues? I've stumbled across a couple by accident now and none of them provided a reason to be attacked.

• Locked thread