Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Kwyndig posted:

Then they have to fish it out of the ocean.
It's probably braindead now though, unless the continuity of the show is way more advanced than I thought it was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I uh, saw this ad for the first time today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hk1cNT3UBmE

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Jun 29, 2012

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

That music video still rules.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Inspector_71 posted:

I uh, saw this ad for the first time today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hk1cNT3UBmE

Rigby got MOVES son :drat:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

So I guess this season is basically The Muscle Man Show.

Also the Regular Show cast is starting to rack up a higher body count than Jack Bauer.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I was expecting the maître d' to extend his pinkie upon death.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I can't believe there have been so many Muscle Man episodes with so little High-Five Ghost. :(

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Has High-Five Ghost even had a chance to really show much personality? He's pretty much only ever around as Muscle Man's sidekick.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Oh man, that "friends without benefits" line was great.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
The physical punchline at the end of this episode was perfect.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

muscles like this? posted:

Oh man, that "friends without benefits" line was great.

Neeksy posted:

The physical punchline at the end of this episode was perfect.

Definitely both of these, I'm a little surprised they even got away with "friends without benefits". Although it's a little strange that Eileen was apparently there the whole time and didn't reveal herself. Does that mean she knows they broke Margret's diary?

I'm also a tad disappointed we didn't hear any of Margret's secrets from the diary. The callbacks with the microwave and the beds more than made up for it though.

Also really hoping Mordecai knocks off the creepy nice guy act sooner or later. That bit about her BBQ was pretty cringe-inducing.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Awuh this episode ruled! But seriously the friends without benefits line ruled.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
The callback to the microwave literally nearly killed me. I have a bad cold and started coughing while laughing and almost passed out, but it was so worth it. I will never not laugh at Rigby turning to dust in the time stream.

And yes, that Aileen reveal at the end was amazing.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

Dolash posted:

....Eileen was apparently there the whole time and didn't reveal herself. Does that mean she knows they broke Margret's diary?
If she were still there when Mordecai, Rigby and Skips fixed the diary, it means she also knows Rigby finds her hot without her glasses on. That would explain why she wasn't wearing them at the end.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Dolash posted:

Definitely both of these, I'm a little surprised they even got away with "friends without benefits". Although it's a little strange that Eileen was apparently there the whole time and didn't reveal herself. Does that mean she knows they broke Margret's diary?

Maybe, but if she does, she also knows it was an accident.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

The Merkinman posted:

If she were still there when Mordecai, Rigby and Skips fixed the diary, it means she also knows Rigby finds her hot without her glasses on. That would explain why she wasn't wearing them at the end.

Did anyone really need to have this explained to them?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Good Citizen posted:

Did anyone really need to have this explained to them?

Sure. If they've been drinking Rigjuice.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Did Big Head from Really Real Wrestling ever appear again? He does threaten to steal Pops identity at the end of the episode.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Jubs posted:

Did Big Head from Really Real Wrestling ever appear again? He does threaten to steal Pops identity at the end of the episode.

Not that we know of :tinfoil:

tractor fanatic
Sep 9, 2005

Pillbug
Was Mordecai's secret a reference to some past episode or just the fact that Rigby doesn't own a bed?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

tractor fanatic posted:

Was Mordecai's secret a reference to some past episode or just the fact that Rigby doesn't own a bed?

It's just the fact that Rigby's been sleeping on a trampoline under a pile of old clothes for the whole series.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Reinanigans posted:

The callback to the microwave literally nearly killed me. I have a bad cold and started coughing while laughing and almost passed out, but it was so worth it. I will never not laugh at Rigby turning to dust in the time stream.

And yes, that Aileen reveal at the end was amazing.

How many times has Rigby died in this show? At least twice (microwave, arm wrestling), right?

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

raditts posted:

How many times has Rigby died in this show? At least twice (microwave, arm wrestling), right?

Should we count the time High Five Ghost's uncle turned them into ghosts?

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

There was also hologram Rigby and future Rigby and I forget the details but some sort of evil mirror Rigby.

Dude likes popping his clogs.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Dolash posted:

There was also hologram Rigby and future Rigby and I forget the details but some sort of evil mirror Rigby.

Dude likes popping his clogs.

And that time he ate so much junk food that his body rejected him and he was a green slime in a bucket for a while.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
There was also the halloween episode where he got turned into a house and then drowned by a wizard.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

One thousand dollars?

Of course it's an evil thieving gnome that flies through the duct work and lives in a cave under the house.

Kwyndig fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Jul 31, 2012

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
So basically the gnome is the embodiment of DeviantArt.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Was the Best VHS in the World a reference to something?

smokyprogg
Apr 9, 2008

BROKEN DOWN!
MISSION FAILED
Someone posted in the Adventure Time thread asking for episodes to introduce people to the show. I, myself, like Regular Show more than Adventure Time, and most of my friends already watch AT. What would you guys recommend for starter episodes of Regular Show? Stick Hockey and This Is My Jam immediately come to mind for me. Any others?

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
Caffeinated Concert Tickets. If that doesn't sell them, this show isn't for them.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
The episode that sold me on it was The Power, so you may want to try that one as well.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

smokyprogg posted:

Someone posted in the Adventure Time thread asking for episodes to introduce people to the show. I, myself, like Regular Show more than Adventure Time, and most of my friends already watch AT. What would you guys recommend for starter episodes of Regular Show? Stick Hockey and This Is My Jam immediately come to mind for me. Any others?

First Day?

AlternatePFG
Jun 19, 2012
Aside from the re-aired pilot, Eggscellent I think is an episode that's really funny and stands on it's own. It helps that the montage in it was really funny.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

kefkafloyd posted:

Caffeinated Concert Tickets. If that doesn't sell them, this show isn't for them.

This, or possibly the hot dog one with Tim Curry.

Never Odd or Even
Jan 21, 2009

This jerk again.
Fun Shoe
The one with the baby ducks worked for me.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
Adventure time and regular show have really similar senses of humor, so if figure most would work, especially because, when you get down to it, most episodes progress in more or less the same way. I've always liked the kung fu episode, and feel like it's probably one of the tamer episodes as weirdness goes. That or the zombie movie one.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

SpacePig posted:

The episode that sold me on it was The Power, so you may want to try that one as well.

I knew I would love this show as soon as I heard the line "Y'know, I've always wanted to date a girl named The Power."

smokyprogg
Apr 9, 2008

BROKEN DOWN!
MISSION FAILED

kefkafloyd posted:

How could I forget this? This is the episode that did it for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I can't remember the episode name, but probably the one where they take a passed-out Benson to a house party and trip out on some blended concoction.

• Locked thread