Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

oiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene
Guess I'm seeing Nipsey Hussle tonight, never heard of the cat, what should I expect? The youtubes don't really show any live shows.

GET MONEY
Sep 7, 2003

:krakken::krakken::krakken:

This is wavy, sounds like some poo poo the boss don would've done.

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

Morphix posted:

Guess I'm seeing Nipsey Hussle tonight, never heard of the cat, what should I expect? The youtubes don't really show any live shows.

lol that dude was an xl freshman a couple years ago, i only know that from the cb post about it. i'm surprised he's still around.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

^^^Nipsey Hussle is pretty good but I don't know about is live shows. You should get his mixtapes The Marathon and The Marathon Continues. He was recently featured on MMG's album so I guess that's the most significant things he's done since.

atrus50 posted:

THANK YOU BASED GOD

1. Real Magic ft. Ronald Reagan
2. New Illuminati ft. Kanye West
3. Patents of Nobility
4. Life on Mars
5. Bonnie & Clyde
6. Dinner at Tiffany's [SHINY SUIT THEORY] ft. Charlotte Gainsbourg, Jay-Z, and The Dream
7. Memories & Merlot
8. Better in Tune with the Infinite ft. Latonya Givens
9. A Letter to Falon
10. Road to Perdition ft. Jay-Z
11. Welcome to Knightsbridge ft. Sean Combs
12. Rough Love ft. Kanye West
13. Run & Hide ft. The Bullitts
14. Nights of the Roundtable
15. 10,000 Lotus Petals

ACT II

What is this from?

EDIT: FUUUCK nevermind you rear end in a top hat lol

John Brown fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Aug 2, 2012

Jock Mocken
Apr 7, 2005

on point like a unicorn, strapped like tha unabomb
everyday a work day but dont wear a uniform
Gucci Mane a dapper don, capper like a Capricorn
yeah Nipsey Hussle had some heat a couple years back as a sort of throwback West Coast dude with the Bullets Aint Got No Name tape but I haven't heard his name in a minute

probably a good show if you like g-funk

farmtrill
Feb 2, 2006

GET MONEY posted:

This is wavy, sounds like some poo poo the boss don would've done.

hey man dont blaspheme the wave-god

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Rick Ross God forgives I don't: Me neither. He's the puffy of this generation. He is the pace setter. And that album is so mediocre. It the best of the average. Its not a bad album by any stretch but my opinion or appreciation of his music hasn't changed at all. I can't wait for the backlash against this generation and watch all the critics tear down their forefathers for having horrible taste.

Nas Life is Good: I haven't finished it. Should I?

Played catch up with Killer Mike, El-P, and Aesop Rock. I have a test where I half listen to an album to see if it can hold my attention. El-P and Aesop passed. Killer Mike passed but I doubt it will get better over time. He's so preachy. I hope Phonte, Rhymefest, and Killer Mike form a supergroup so I can ignore them more collectively. Call them the 3 Wise Men and the album "Sermon on the Mount".

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

temple posted:

Played catch up with Killer Mike, El-P, and Aesop Rock. I have a test where I half listen to an album to see if it can hold my attention. El-P and Aesop passed. Killer Mike passed but I doubt it will get better over time. He's so preachy. I hope Phonte, Rhymefest, and Killer Mike form a supergroup so I can ignore them more collectively. Call them the 3 Wise Men and the album "Sermon on the Mount".

Pick better other wise men and you've got what I'll refer to as my autumn bump

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

temple posted:

i couldnt quite articulate how i felt about this album but yeah this is pretty much exactly it.

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

Jock Mocken posted:

yeah Nipsey Hussle had some heat a couple years back as a sort of throwback West Coast dude with the Bullets Aint Got No Name tape but I haven't heard his name in a minute

probably a good show if you like g-funk

The show ended up kinda whack, it was all ages poo poo and the place wasn't really setup for it. The 21+ couldn't renter the main stage area after you went out to the patio to smoke. The artist that went on before Nipsey was fire in at least hyping up the party. They shut it down at 10:30 because security was too low to stop all the blunts/joints being lit up haha, apparently at an all ages show you can't gently caress around with it.

The after party was aight, waaay too many "I'm on summer break" "Oh ya? "Ya I graduate in 2013" "Right..." *step away* for one night for me. I must be getting old or lame square bear status but who the fucks lets chicks with braces into a coke filled penthouse goddamn. Just asking for bullshit.

Tl;dr for a free show it aight. Nipsey has waaaay to big of a loving crew and has some poor choices in women folk.

TenaciousTomato
Jul 17, 2007

Interworld and the New Innocence
I love how every time I turn around someone's suing Mac Miller for millions of dollars for stealing good music because his is terrible

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

temple posted:

Nope, the best songs were the first couple.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

TenaciousTomato posted:

I love how every time I turn around someone's suing Mac Miller for millions of dollars for stealing good music because his is terrible

I don't understand everyone's fascination with Mac Miller. He isn't that great and raps about the same thing over and over again. Maybe I am not listening to the right songs? I dunno.

doctor thodt
Apr 2, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Not that I'm some Mac Miller apologist or anything but it's a mixtape. A 10 million dollar lawsuit over getting sampled on a loving mixtape? What a god drat tool.

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

Regnevelc posted:

I don't understand everyone's fascination with Mac Miller. He isn't that great and raps about the same thing over and over again. Maybe I am not listening to the right songs? I dunno.

He is white

TenaciousTomato
Jul 17, 2007

Frat rap

in other news:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBdochXGFm0
free mp3 http://strongarmsteady.net/premium/

TenaciousTomato fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Aug 2, 2012

cardedagain
Aug 28, 2006

doctor thodt posted:

Not that I'm some Mac Miller apologist or anything but it's a mixtape. A 10 million dollar lawsuit over getting sampled on a loving mixtape? What a god drat tool.

Hell, TOHO couldn't even get millions when Monch sampled the Godzilla theme on a retail album that was physically released as CD, Vinyl, and possibly cassette back then. All Rawkus had to do was destroy remaining copies.

What does that have to do with current day Mac Miller getting sued over a mixtape?

It's a digital copy. All he really has to do is delete it from mixtape sites.

Plus, I'm sure a judge would throw such a frivolous lawsuit out.

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

IT. BEGINS.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

That's so funny.

Back in the old days of 2001-2002ish, I knew a bunch of white rappers online and would troll them with freestyle disses. One line was about them having chromed out fans on a hovercraft.

I'm kind of scared that Riff Raff on Mad Decent might equal "good" music. Someone said that Diplo might work with him.

temple fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Aug 2, 2012

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Him and diplo are good friends lol

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Vivec posted:

Him and diplo are good friends lol

poo poo, Diplo signed Riff-Raff. All the same, I loving love that album cover.

If you can't find it awesome that they took a picture with Instagram and then slapped it with Teen Beat/Disney Adventures-like graphics, I have no idea where your funny bone is.

Boywhiz88 fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Aug 2, 2012

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Is Diplo considered a good producer or just a guy that made some good songs?

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Diplo's pretty good, and he's funny as poo poo

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

temple posted:

What is your opinion of Usher's "climax"?

cardedagain
Aug 28, 2006

temple posted:

i think he co-produces most of his stuff, like a more interesting dr. dre, considering that Diplo is constantly adapting to and trying new styles of music.
i think Riff Raff's song "Rice Out" is produced by Diplo.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eF1lU-CrQfc

Diplo's take on Bounce. It ain't bad

Svartvit
Jun 18, 2005

al-Qabila samaa Bahth
Reminder that Diplo also produced that La La Snoop track. The guy looms large.

Bulging Nipples
Jan 16, 2006

Svartvit posted:

Reminder that Diplo also produced that La La Snoop track. The guy looms large.

man i was gonna correct you and say major lazer did it and then i looked it up to be sure and learned something new today, drat

cardedagain
Aug 28, 2006

it's more like a take on the Moombahtan genre
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N535RekE4c8
with some somehwhat dubstep wubs in there.

There's a few "Brown Beat" snares in "Express Yourself", which the Brown Beat is a Bounce staple, and there's a few drum fills similar to Triggerman snare stabs, and yes some scenes were filmed at the Manchu Food Store by Claiborne and West Esplanade,
but really "Express Yourself" is no "Walmart" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFY0KU2DNAQ

Basically, Diplo is merging different styles.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

All the diplo talk is interesting, thanks. All I know of him is MIA stuff.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Sir Micheal rocks contiuing to put out quality material and not get noticed. new mixtape dropped this week, it's p. good. 2 casey veggies and a mac miller (lol) feature.

link http://www.livemixtapes.com/mixtapes/18158/sir_michael_rocks_lap_of_lux.html

TenaciousTomato
Jul 17, 2007

Which Styles' mixtapes do I need? All I've got is The Phantom and I've listened to it about 50 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeoM12sdKVc

TenaciousTomato fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Aug 3, 2012

THNDRTHF
Apr 14, 2004

so much for
bein' optimistic
diplo and afrojack co-produced "look at me now" also just sayin

THNDRTHF
Apr 14, 2004

so much for
bein' optimistic

TenaciousTomato posted:

Which Styles' mixtapes do I need? All I've got is The Phantom and I've listened to it about 50 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeoM12sdKVc

styles p and sheek louch "the ghost and the gorrilla" is nice

psychicsecession
Jan 15, 2011
a ton of the stuff 'produced' by diplo is actually ghostwritten by other producers fwiw

Svartvit
Jun 18, 2005

al-Qabila samaa Bahth

psychicsecession posted:

a ton of the stuff 'produced' by diplo is actually ghostwritten by other producers fwiw

I hear this often from DJs as if it's common wisdom or something, but I've never seen it being substantiated. Like a million rumours about Master D, Afrojack, etc. Not saying your wrong just saying it'd be nice. I like your Soundcloud mixes btw.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

You guys probably already know about this, but I gotta throw some support to Troy Ave's new mixtape "Bricks in my Backpack pt. 3" while it has a horrible title the tracks are actually really drat good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y56d5naXfS4

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Back when I didn't know poo poo about mixtapes I mixed out on Weezy's supposedly great run of mixtapes with: The Prefix, the Suffix, Da Drought, Da Drought is Over, SQ, and the Dedication.

Are any of these worth listening to or are there some highlights?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TenaciousTomato
Jul 17, 2007

Da Draught 3, No Ceilings get those for sure; haven't listened to the others.

• Locked thread