Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

56k posted:

That gun though. Man, that's a lame gun.

It fires high explosives, heatseeking rounds and bullets designed for deflection shots, and is called the Lawgiver. That is all you need to know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jasta
Apr 13, 2012

User-Friendly posted:

This poster is giving me some serious Crackdown vibes.

Yeah... YEAH! I see where you're coming from.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

User-Friendly posted:

This poster is giving me some serious Crackdown vibes.

Giving me serious Daredevil vibes.

drat, forgot what a boring poster that was.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

UK quad for Looper.

I know Gordon-Levitt's been made up a bit to look like a bit Bruce Willis, but he just looks so loving weird there. He also looks like he's noticed something bizarre during a gunfight and is thinking "Ohhhhh crikey."

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Vagabundo posted:

UK quad for Looper.

I know Gordon-Levitt's been made up a bit to look like a bit Bruce Willis, but he just looks so loving weird there. He also looks like he's noticed something bizarre during a gunfight and is thinking "Ohhhhh crikey."

I love Bruce's long-barrel Judge revolver and JGL(?)'s railgun.

AndyP
Nov 7, 2011

Vagabundo posted:

UK quad for Looper.

That looks absolutely nothing like JGL.

Handsome Dead
May 21, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Vagabundo posted:

UK quad for Looper.

Why is Dennis Quaid on the poster but not in the credits?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
That face there looks like someone crossed JGL with Joel Edgerton.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

AndyP posted:

That looks absolutely nothing like JGL.

It's because he is actually wearing makeup to look like a younger Bruce Willis. This was not an accident.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Nihonniboku posted:

It's because he is actually wearing makeup to look like a younger Bruce Willis. This was not an accident.

I don't know, I'd say that make-up job was an "accident".

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

Lobok posted:

Giving me serious Daredevil vibes.

drat, forgot what a boring poster that was.

What the hell is Daredevil standing on?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Nihonniboku posted:

But he also looks nothing like Bruce Willis.

Jasta
Apr 13, 2012

axleblaze posted:

But he also looks nothing like Bruce Willis.
Agreed. It was bad casting in the first place. Poor makeup just makes it worse.

Handsome Dead
May 21, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Are there any contemporary actors who look enough like an older actor to pull this off without this level of prosthetics? The only combination that comes to mind is Topher Grace and Michael Biehn.

Jasta
Apr 13, 2012

Well, they don't need an established actor so I imagine they could find someone better (I just don't think JGL is badass enough to be a young Bruce). But I bet they are banking on JGL being hot right now and that selling tickets.

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.
Hey, here's kung fu vs Dracula.

And no, the movie did not live up to the batshit insanity the poster promised, but it's shockingly watchable. Peter Cushing plays it totally straight too. As far as Hammer/Shaw brothers mash ups go, it's definately the best.

Jasta
Apr 13, 2012

I was sold at "Black Belt vs. Black Magic". :allears:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

JGL is in Looper because the director is Rian Johnson and they have worked together before.

Jasta posted:

I just don't think JGL is badass enough to be a young Bruce.

I feel like I must say something here, but I don't know how to do it properly...

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Jasta posted:

Agreed. It was bad casting in the first place. Poor makeup just makes it worse.

Whoa whoa whoa. I think he looked absolutely amazing in the trailers. That poster? Not so much. But he looks like he's literally embodying Bruce Willis in the trailers, and the makeup looks seamless.

Jasta
Apr 13, 2012

The MSJ posted:

JGL is in Looper because the director is Rian Johnson and they have worked together before.

I feel like I must say something here, but I don't know how to do it properly...
I don't mean that JGL isn't badass. He's just not the same, snarky John McClane type of badass.

GonSmithe posted:

Whoa whoa whoa. I think he looked absolutely amazing in the trailers. That poster? Not so much. But he looks like he's literally embodying Bruce Willis in the trailers, and the makeup looks seamless.
Ahh maybe I should watch the trailer then. :xd:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Jasta posted:

I don't mean that JGL isn't badass. He's just not the same, snarky John McClane type of badass.

There's 30 years between the JGL and Willis versions of the character. Plenty of time for him to become badasss

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

GonSmithe posted:

Yeah, I'm agreeing with this. He's a really great actor and the trailer took some getting to used to, but now I love that makeup. Agreed that he looks extremely un-JGL/Willis in that poster though.

Jasta posted:

While you're right, The MSJ is making a joke about something else.

Jasta
Apr 13, 2012

The MSJ posted:

There's 30 years between the JGL and Willis versions of the character. Plenty of time for him to become badasss
Good point.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

JGL is turning in a perfect performance based on the trailers, and the prosthetics look great in the actual film. That poster is just a little weird.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Bruce Willis wasn't bad-rear end until Die Hard and JGL is younger than Bruce Willis was when that came out, so really JGL is on pace to become even more bad-rear end.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Bugblatter posted:

JGL is turning in a perfect performance based on the trailers, and the prosthetics look great in the actual film. That poster is just a little weird.

You're right, he certainly didn't look anything like Dennis Quaid in the trailer. I guess it just looks odd when it's a still photo or a photoshop composite, which is what that JGL in the poster most probably is, but looks fine when in motion.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

:allears:

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style

Luke Wilson is trying his hardest to look like Ryan Reynolds in Green Lantern

Jasta
Apr 13, 2012

"Knock knock."
"Who's there?"
"Evil."
"Evil Who?"
"Evil shut the gently caress up, pansy-rear end bitch."

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Jefferoo posted:

New Dredd poster!

Looks pretty alright!
It's pretty cliché, but it's done right. Also, the Daredevil poster is clearly a cut & paste job, because Daredevil himself looks like he was shot with a level camera rather than from a below angle.

Talks To Cats
Jan 7, 2012
I hate my job and I hate you, but I'll put up with my job because it makes me a shit-ton of money. I can tell you how to do the same...but you won't listen.

I support charity:water with my erotica charity bundles. Water changes everything.
Y-yeah?

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!

Vince Videogames posted:

What the hell is Daredevil standing on?

He's doing the Michael Jackson lean.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Robert Denby posted:

"Dredd" actually has something pretty awesome I'm surprised I haven't seen done before. A clip online showed that some of the 3D effects would 'spill' into the letterboxing of the image. You can see a clip that does that :nws:here:nms:.

Oh man that's legitimately pretty sick.

teagone posted:

This is loving awesome.

:w00t:

axleblaze posted:

Expendables 2 is really trying it's darnedest to convince me that it'll be a movie worth seeing. The problem is that after the last one there's very little that can convince me of that (including goons saying it's good because that's I went to see the original in the first place).

Yeah. Here's hoping they can make it an actually fun movie to watch, something the first movie wasn't save for the scene with Terry Crews going buckwild. Also no more long scenes of Mickey Rourke being boring.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Luke Wilson really has to pee, but all that inconsiderate clod Samuel L. Jackson can think about is posting about it on Instagram using his favorite filter, "Kelvin".

A smug sociopath
Feb 13, 2012

Unironically alpha.

1999 called, they want their generic house invasion thriller poster design back.
Seriously, I had to check from Imdb to make sure that that's actually a current movie.

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

My favorite part is the strategic shadow down both sides of Luke Wilson's face, because looking at the trailer he's put on some weight.

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.
I bet Sam Jackson raises his voice in anger at Luke Wilson at some point in this movie. Yes.

Seriously though, is Luke Wilson ok?

Handsome Dead
May 21, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Is Samuel L. Jackson a good actor? I don't think I've seen him be good in anything good other than True Romance.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Handsome Dead posted:

Is Samuel L. Jackson a good actor? I don't think I've seen him be good in anything good other than True Romance.

He's fantastic in Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown. He's also the best part of The Caveman's Valentine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

Handsome Dead posted:

Ignoring your rampant blasphemy :argh:, if you're looking for roles where he branches out and challenges his tics a bit, I think some of his best roles were in Jackie Brown, Pulp Fiction, and The Caveman's Valentine.

^^^ Are you kidding me? :argh: