Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Vince is 30 years older so no!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

From the new B&V show about Joseph Park Esq's law firm.

Bryan Alvarez posted:

His law firm should be called 'Kay, Fabe and Works'.

I howled, like was in freaking tears while walking through town.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

If you haven't ever seen the LAW guys, I suggest you don't check out their Touts. :stonk: Agnew looks as douchey as he sounds, Lovransky looks about 30 years older than I thought he sounded (and his wardrobe makes me laugh every time because John & Wai are in collared shirts in most of their Touts while Dan seems to wear band t-shirts & shorts), Pollock has an impossibly wide mouth & Wai is probably the most normal looking one of the bunch, but seems to have a case of radio voice where he sounds totally different in the podcasts than he does in the real-world Touts.

Just one of those things where I had nice, wholesome images in my head & they all got promptly ruined by 45 seconds of video.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Shootcast.org is the new site and the new name is Worked Shoot Radio. The show we recorded after Impact is up.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

oldskool posted:

If you haven't ever seen the LAW guys, I suggest you don't check out their Touts. :stonk: Agnew looks as douchey as he sounds, Lovransky looks about 30 years older than I thought he sounded (and his wardrobe makes me laugh every time because John & Wai are in collared shirts in most of their Touts while Dan seems to wear band t-shirts & shorts), Pollock has an impossibly wide mouth & Wai is probably the most normal looking one of the bunch, but seems to have a case of radio voice where he sounds totally different in the podcasts than he does in the real-world Touts.

Just one of those things where I had nice, wholesome images in my head & they all got promptly ruined by 45 seconds of video.

Is it really that surprising to you that Dan Lovranski is a big fat douchebag? Same kinda goes for Agnew, but then I've seen him hit children so I'm not too surprised about him being an rear end in a top hat.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

njsykora posted:

Same kinda goes for Agnew, but then I've seen him hit children so I'm not too surprised about him being an rear end in a top hat.
He what?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Anime North 2007, straight up slapped a kid who was getting in his shot while shooting a Conventioneers episode. They were surrounded by so much security as well because of the poo poo they started in 2006, and were being followed by con staff because they were technically banned from the con. I was so loving happy when I heard that shitpile got axed at last because they make conventions so loving miserable just by being there. It's the main reason I stopped listening to the LAW, I refuse to support anything he's involved with.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
Wow, I could tell he was a douche just from listening to him, but jesus.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I am pretty sure Mike and Dave are still recording this podcast. I am not complaining since Dave is bringing up a lot of interesting points, but holy poo poo this is long.

Man-Thing
Apr 29, 2011

Whatever knows fear
BURNS at the touch

LividLiquid posted:

Shootcast.org is the new site and the new name is Worked Shoot Radio. The show we recorded after Impact is up.

At least give the people a link!

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

MassRayPer posted:

I am pretty sure Mike and Dave are still recording this podcast. I am not complaining since Dave is bringing up a lot of interesting points, but holy poo poo this is long.

Hey Dave!

Yes, Mike?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Mike introduces Observer Radio the same way I introduce Let's Play videos. I'm not sure how to feel about that.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

njsykora posted:

Mike introduces Observer Radio the same way I introduce Let's Play videos. I'm not sure how to feel about that.

And we'll have a some more episodes up after the fight on figurefourdaily wrestling observer online, gently caress you I'm TT. We'll talk again after a while.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

LordPants posted:

And we'll have a some more episodes up after the fight on figurefourdaily wrestling observer online, gently caress you I'm TT. We'll talk again after a while.

OK the next video I do has to be full Alvarez style, if only to see how many people in the LP subforum get the references.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
"Now one last thing before we finish up..." - Mike, one hour into the podcast, one hour before the end.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Dr Lucha has to sign up and pay for his own F4W account? For shame, Bryan.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

triplexpac posted:

Dr Lucha has to sign up and pay for his own F4W account? For shame, Bryan.

He ain't getting that gold boat by giving handouts. :colbert:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

He ain't getting that gold boat by giving handouts. :colbert:

Granny gets a free sub. I think she's good until 2017.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

MassRayPer posted:

I'd dig a Mike and Dave show every few weeks, Sempervive is good about asking Dave questions that Bryan usually doesn't. Dave however sounded like he was exhausted and wanted to attack Mike for having such a long show though.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Getting caught up and goddamn Todd's fat loving brain analyzing the Raw rating was ridiculous.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

Getting caught up and goddamn Todd's fat loving brain analyzing the Raw rating was ridiculous.

That's really your own fault for listening to a Todd show.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

njsykora posted:

That's really your own fault for listening to a Todd show.

I know :(

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

It's ok, I get bored sometimes to and give it a try :(

Or read one of his posts on the board and go "Todd is kind of funny, I should give his shows another try."

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
Dave would not let that thing about AJ having difficulty finding a suit in her size go without analysis. ("I know lots of women her size who are gainfully employed!")

Perigryn fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Aug 7, 2012

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I love it when Dave goes full-Dave and just can't let something go.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

That analysis was worth my $10.99

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
"Well, she is 90lbs"

"No, she's 105"

Euthyphro
Mar 14, 2004

Soy un águila de verdad.
I also loved that he only dropped it once Bryan offered a plausible solution - that she's shopping in the kid's section and they don't have powersuits in the kids section.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Euthyphro posted:

I also loved that he only dropped it once Bryan offered a plausible solution - that she's shopping in the kid's section and they don't have powersuits in the kids section.
And at some point, Big & Tall was suggested as an option :lol:

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Euthyphro posted:

I'm glad Alvarez didn't have the tweet on hand or they would have accepted it was a joke and denied us that glorious exchange.

quote:

@WWEAJLee
Apparently you cannot find a power suit sized child's medium. I think this says a lot about the lack of motivation in today's youth.

e: Caught up with Lance's last podcast.
WWE has stopped asking him to move to Florida. :smith:

UltimoDragonQuest fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Aug 8, 2012

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
People often ask about old shows to listen to and all that, and since it popped in my head a little bit ago, I wanted to suggest the Art of Wrestling interview Colt Cabana did with Johnny Saint around this time one year ago. It's one of my favorite interviews he's done, and the, at the time, 70 year old Johnny Saint is endlessly fascinating, talking about working as a child in a factory and his over 50 year career in wrestling.

http://tsmradio.com/coltcabana/2011/08/03/aow-54-johnny-saint/

edit: actually, he took 10 years off, so call it a 40+ year career.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

People often ask about old shows to listen to and all that, and since it popped in my head a little bit ago, I wanted to suggest the Art of Wrestling interview Colt Cabana did with Johnny Saint around this time one year ago. It's one of my favorite interviews he's done, and the, at the time, 70 year old Johnny Saint is endlessly fascinating, talking about working as a child in a factory and his over 50 year career in wrestling.

http://tsmradio.com/coltcabana/2011/08/03/aow-54-johnny-saint/

edit: actually, he took 10 years off, so call it a 40+ year career.

I would also recommend this, Saint is just wonderfully genial and nice to listen to. It's like your grandpa telling war stories, except they're all about pro wrestling.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
I'm on holiday so I just got round to listening to last weeks Bryan and Vinny show, and my god I loved that World of Hurtnreview. I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard.

In other B&V related news, the French Stallion just got signed to FCW! God I hope they let him be himself

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

In other B&V related news, the French Stallion just got signed to FCW! God I hope they let him be himself

OH DEAR GOD :neckbeard:

His Twitter description is now...

"French WWE developmental talent from Nice, French Riviera. Vivant le rêve américain grâce à la WWE."

I swear, if WWE fucks him up I will probably be more angry than anything else in wrestling.

E: Oh, and it should go without saying that if you've never heard the French Stallion World of Hurt episode review then you MUST listen to it. It's probably the funniest thing to ever happen on Bryan and Vinny. It's in the Best of 2011 comp and also the complete World of Hurt set on The Board. The full episode has an awesome Board promo and a great Shawn Michaels hunting show review as well, it's the July 27th 2011 episode.

njsykora fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Aug 8, 2012

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

Perigryn posted:

Dave would not let that thing about AJ having difficulty finding a suit in her size go without analysis. ("I know lots of women her size who are gainfully employed!")

I realize that it's just Dave being Dave, but that was beyond baffling. It seems like he thought she was trying to get sympathy or something. Then he got mega-defensive when Bryan said she was 90 pounds.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
So Mick Foley is over at the Edinburgh Fringe Comedy Festival and was on Richard Herring's podcast thing the other day

http://www.comedy.co.uk/podcasts/richard_herring_edinburgh/2012_07_mick_foley_gavin_webster/

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Beeswax posted:

So Mick Foley is over at the Edinburgh Fringe Comedy Festival and was on Richard Herring's podcast thing the other day

http://www.comedy.co.uk/podcasts/richard_herring_edinburgh/2012_07_mick_foley_gavin_webster/

:stare:

Well that's something I never expected to read ever or listen to.

Next up it's Stone Cold and Stewart Lee discussing Fist of Fun and the fun of using fists.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

If you haven't listened to the LIVE! Art of Wrestling this week, it's worthwhile. The Super Smash Brothers talk about their parents and El Generico discusses his 8 children. It's pretty drat hilarious.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I had to walk outside at work this morning from the "people who have sex with fruit" joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

drat it all. Second year in a row I'll be in Mexico for Super China Buffet day. I'm always doing something wife-related during Empire get-togethers. I don't even want to go to Mexico again, but I won the stupid trip on the Newlywed game.

• Locked thread