Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maynia
Jul 26, 2007

tractor fanatic posted:

I'm curious how much cheating there'll be on the PC version. The 360 version is fairly easy to save-edit, but it's extremely rare to ever encounter any cheaters.

In my experience, don't expect GFWL to do anything to stop cheaters. It's the only way not to be disappointed. :v:

We'll see how quickly people work out direct hex edits via cheatengine or whatever, I guess!

edits: yeah that actually looks fine. I guess some games just don't take to screenshots very well.

Maynia fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Aug 23, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kneel Before Zog
Jan 16, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Besides added DLC, have they added any new enemies to the original areas or ramp'd up the difficulty?

Q-sixtysix
Jun 4, 2005

Kneel Before Zog posted:

Besides added DLC, have they added any new enemies to the original areas or ramp'd up the difficulty?

Nope, same game.

Ugggh eight more hours, hurry up

Jizz into Darkness
Oct 28, 2010

Kneel Before Zog posted:

Nope, besides the DLC its exactly the same as the console versions.

aegeryn
Oct 14, 2006
Game looks fantastic on that stream. Sucks that it got cracked already, though.

The next eight hours are going to be painful.

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

He carried our avenging steel over the Rhine,
He drank the emperor's toast from the Danube.

Attention Horse posted:

Someone on the Steam forums posted some screenshots of the PC Version. Just like I thought, it looks like blurry pixelated dogshit.

That's just like on PS3, the thing is that most of us didn't play this game on PS3 couple inches away from screen. Also heard about FXAA injector(?) doing wonders to this game.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Nebelwerfer posted:

That's just like on PS3, the thing is that most of us didn't play this game on PS3 couple inches away from screen. Also heard about FXAA injector(?) doing wonders to this game.

Try using SMAA injector instead. Generally better results.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

Nebelwerfer posted:

It's a console port, there's likely some fxaa going on already. Also fxaa sucks.

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

Norns posted:

Try using SMAA injector instead. Generally better results.

I will delve further into affairs of technowizards when I get my copy. Thanks. :)

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

cat doter posted:

It's a console port, there's likely some fxaa going on already. Also fxaa sucks.

e: Quote =/= edit

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

I gather fxaa is on on the picture on the left, and off on the right. If it's the other way around, clearly I've misjudged it!

tractor fanatic
Sep 9, 2005

Pillbug
The contrast is too high on the right so it's hard to judge what's happening exactly.

Q-sixtysix
Jun 4, 2005

:stare: what is this FXAA injector and how do I computer it

AndyAML
Jul 24, 2006

HEY BASS WHY MUST I FIGHT YOU WE ARE NOT ENEMIES

Tezzeract posted:

I guess I'll bump myself if there's any interest. It's more of a hassle than buying the game directly from GMG, but if people want it for cheap, I'm willing to gift.
I won't be home from work until around 6PM EST but add me on Steam and we'll talk. My Steam ID.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

SixtySix posted:

:stare: what is this FXAA injector and how do I computer it

They gained some popularity when skyrim was released, you can find them everywhere now, and they tend to just need to be installed into the game's directory. Most of them come with options to play around with colour saturation and contrast and extra sharpening and poo poo, which is likely why the contrast is higher on that screenshot. I guess fxaa looks alright if the game's res is low, but I tried using fxaa when it was added to nvidia drivers and I just hate how it looks.

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008
:dukedog:
Well that guy has essentially my computer so it'll run fine. As for the other aspects of the game...

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

tractor fanatic posted:

The contrast is too high on the right so it's hard to judge what's happening exactly.

Yeah, won't get my hopes up too much but it actually looks bit better.

Also get your dickwraith builds ready:

e: Also coming fresh from first playthrough of Nier this is like goddamn manna from skies for my eyes.

Nebelwerfer fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Aug 23, 2012

tractor fanatic
Sep 9, 2005

Pillbug

Nebelwerfer posted:

Yeah, won't get my hopes up too much but it actually looks bit better.

Also get your dickwraith builds ready:

If you didn't flop around trying to kill that thing with the sword hilt the first time around you never played the game :colbert:

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

tractor fanatic posted:

If you didn't flop around trying to kill that thing with the sword hilt the first time around you never played the game :colbert:

I actually flopped. Right into the open gate. :c00lbert:

NeilPerry
May 2, 2010
Some guys should go get the summoning soapstone to help some of us get through New Londo quickly. I don't believe I can beat the Four Kings at such a low level.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

tractor fanatic posted:

My favourite thing to do is actually killing that guy with the first time he appears. Pro gamerz only. :colbert:

Watching a newbie play Dark Souls is fun, I've been trying to get the guy on stream to do dumb poo poo so I can laugh like maniac when he dies.

Q-sixtysix
Jun 4, 2005

cat doter posted:

My favourite thing to do is actually killing that guy with the first time he appears. Pro gamerz only. :colbert:

Watching a newbie play Dark Souls is fun, I've been trying to get the guy on stream to do dumb poo poo so I can laugh like maniac when he dies.

I'm watching it too, that Havel bit was hysterical

boblemoche
Apr 11, 2008
Yeah, the streaming guy running up the tower scared shitless by Havel was hilarious.

GrunZicle
May 7, 2008

Phoix posted:

It got cracked so here's a guy streaming it if you want an idea of how it looks.

drat I can't wait to play this game again.

Attention Horse
Jan 5, 2012

Yo man, you are out of step with Imhotep!
Is the loot in this game random in any way?

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

Attention Horse posted:

Drops from certain enemies are random, but chests are always in the same place and items in the environment are also always there each play through.

Category Fun!
Dec 2, 2008

im just trying to get you into bed

Attention Horse posted:

Enemies have a chance at dropping some loot (which is modified by an item find stat), but there aren't any sprawling loot tables or anything, and items you find in chests and around the environment are the same every time. None of the items have random stats either, but they can be upgraded in different ways.

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

Attention Horse posted:

You get certain loot from certain enemies, % is boosted by how much humanity you have in your meter and certain items.

e: By Have you should know how backstabs work, tsk tsk.. Or did the beeline straight there?

tractor fanatic
Sep 9, 2005

Pillbug

Attention Horse posted:

About half of the items have a spot they can be found or bought, but the rest are random drops and need to be farmed.

JohnnyBigPotatoes
Jun 8, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPENDING $732.49 ON DIABLO 3 GOLD AND THEN SELLING ALL THE ITEMS AND GOLD FOR $38.27 BECAUSE I WAS AFRAID OF THE TAXES AND IRS

Mitt Romney 2012
click here to find out more

SixtySix posted:

actually that looks good. If you are just going to poo poo up the thread with your bitching and saying how you aren't going to buy it, can you please get out?

No. This looks good:

This looks like poo poo:

Q-sixtysix
Jun 4, 2005

JohnnyBigPotatoes posted:

No. This looks good:

This looks like poo poo:

yeah, thats a good comparison screenshot. Quit trolling jackass.

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

No. This looks good:

This looks like poo poo:

I'll see and post the results if I see any difference fifteen feet away from my couch.

e: Haha, stable 30fps in Blight town confirmed.

JohnnyBigPotatoes
Jun 8, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPENDING $732.49 ON DIABLO 3 GOLD AND THEN SELLING ALL THE ITEMS AND GOLD FOR $38.27 BECAUSE I WAS AFRAID OF THE TAXES AND IRS

Mitt Romney 2012
click here to find out more

SixtySix posted:

yeah, thats a good comparison screenshot. Quit trolling jackass.

How is it not? both are action RPGs for the PC, except one came out over a year ago.
You need to quit acting like discussing what the game looks like is trolling.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Hey, how about we stop all this poo poo about how the PC version looks like the console version except "I'm a PC gamer so I expect unparalleled graphical quality!"

Attention Horse
Jan 5, 2012

Yo man, you are out of step with Imhotep!
Christ, this guy on the stream is terrible.

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

Orv posted:

Hey, how about we stop all this poo poo about how the PC version looks like the console version except "I'm a PC gamer so I expect unparalleled graphical quality!"

Or how about let's stop judging the book by it's covers and actually open it and see if the story it holds is good!

e: If the game from first screen would look like the second. I'd still play the gently caress out if it.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
It's the only way to fight
In guard

Attention Horse posted:

Christ, this guy on the stream is terrible.

He got plunging attacked by the Taurus Demon :laugh:

Orv
May 4, 2011

Nebelwerfer posted:

Or how about let's stop judging the book by it's covers and actually open it and see if the story it holds is good!

Pfft, who even reads books anymore? :smugbert:

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

Resolution sucks, framerate is capped, game looks kinda lovely by modern PC standards, yet it's still perhaps one of the best games ever made. I struggle to give a poo poo about the details.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Q-sixtysix
Jun 4, 2005

How is it not? both are action RPGs for the PC, except one came out over a year ago.
You need to quit acting like discussing what the game looks like is trolling.

well for starters the Witcher landscape shot is a little different, artistically, than the starting dungeon cell in Dark Souls. One of them is supposed to look grimy and lovely and one of them is supposed to be a glorious colorful vista.

And bouncing into a thread to post "this looks like poo poo" is not "discussing what the game looks like". It's threadshitting, pure and simple.

• Locked thread