Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

The worst submarine posted:

Yes and not very. He was going to kick you into the pit anyway; Patches is a jerk like that.

Huh, what a jerk... Then I'll give my thanks to the skeleton next time he respawns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

FrickenMoron posted:

How do I keep myself from getting invaded? some guy with a huge 2h bone looking sword just invaded me, I tried that black crystal but it does not work on invaders? I'm only SL31 too so I had no idea how anyone with that kind of gear could have invaded me.

It's entirely possible to go anywhere and get any gear in the game at SL1. Most non-huge weapons can be equipped easily even before SL10 or 15, provided that someone has built their stats for it. And at 25 or 30, it is possible to wield basically anything in the game if you've pumped the appropriate stat and/or are two-handing it.

And since the BB glitch got patched out on PC, chances are pretty good that that person earned whatever gear it was legitimately.

The Mimic
Apr 27, 2009

MadJackMcJack posted:

Once the snipers are dead it's not that bad. Plus I always found it amusing that the fire dog's pathfinding didn't take large drops into account, and you'd randomly get souls as they aggroed and nose-dived off the side. But yea, it's still an unholy shithole, and I'm pretty sure that the watermill is powered by the tears of frustrated players.

I find the mosquitos to be far worse, but I use a 2h weapon. It probably should be easier than it is for me.

A funny thing happened about that pathfinding. I was taking another route into Blighttown, climbed down some, turned the camera, and caught a huge ogre barbarian dude falling down into the abyss, just glaring at me evilly with his last precious moments, as he dropped.
What takes some of the sting out of Blighttown is that it hates everyone else just as much as it hates you. It should have been called Hatetown. Or Hatefortress. "Hope you like loving toxins!"

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

I'll give you a definite maybe.
Man, few things feel better than getting Havel's ring. That's always a big shot in the arm every time I play through this.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

aegeryn posted:

Oh God, gently caress Blighttown. My frame rate is pretty good, but gently caress everything else about this godforsaken hellhole and its snipers with their curving darts and falls everywhere and lovely layout.

If you think those darts are bad, wait until into the second half of the game, there's a place with much, much worse ranged enemies. And they respawn.

Mucking About
May 30, 2011

Haha, so I kept being beaten up by the Taurus demon, and I thought this time would be no exception. Getting up close and personal and swinging my sword and rolling all over the place, and the taurus demon suddenly does a jump back, jumping off the bridge.

....Victory, I guess? :v:

aegeryn
Oct 14, 2006

Shima Honnou posted:

If you think those darts are bad, wait until into the second half of the game, there's a place with much, much worse ranged enemies. And they respawn.

:suicide:

I will say one thing, though. I've never felt more like a pissed off, vengeful berserker than I was just now when a sniper hit me, I was all out of blooming moss, and I decided gently caress it and just charged his position, mauled him with my claymore, and sat there to wait to die standing on his corpse.

srb
Jul 24, 2007
Yep, it's great. Not even the enemies are immune to doing the same stupid things that players sometimes do!

Down in the depths now, trying to get some summon action going but I'm probably overlevelled a bit since I went and did all my usual things in darkroot and etc and beefed up endurance quite a bit (I like rolling). Let's see if I get anything, if not I'll head on to the next area to try and help some people out. Maybe I should just hurry up to Anor Londo.

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

I took a wrong turn after Blighttown and then this happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAGjkH3BY1A

It's probably not good that my first reaction to seeing something the size of a building is to shoot it and run away.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
Sanctuary Guardian fight was pretty cool. He got me the first time because I wasn't expecting him and got slaughtered learning his dos-and-don'ts. Went and got a slab to make my Falchion +15, came back, and fought him again. No Sunbros in the area to summon, just me and him. It was a long and fun fight, but I managed to win. Crest Shield +5 has just enough stability to shield through his four-hit combo, and Falchion +15 has enough damage to take him down in maybe 10 or 12 slashes. The only problem is you can only get one or two hits in per opportunity, then you get to go on the defensive.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Shima Honnou posted:

The toxin is pretty lethal in a way that nothing else is though.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Doctor Spaceman posted:

The toxin is pretty lethal in a way that nothing else is though.

This is true, but you don't need status effects to be pretty dangerous.

Crystal hollow archer arrows can curve up to about 45 degrees from the angle that they were fired from, and those archers can at times fire from angles that are completely impossible for their animation - such as sideways out of the bow when you try to dodge them. They respawn, and they have high armor because they're mostly crystallized. Their arrows do a decent chunk of damage, and even better, there's almost always a channeler nearby who raises their attack power by something like 2 or 3 times.

Myriad
Apr 26, 2010
So I've seen maybe 7 summon signs in this game with each one failing when I tried to use, no invasions of any kind and any attempt to invade or place signs myself has just ended in failure no matter how long I waited.
I've set up all the ports and everything for GFWL but I just don't think it's working at all, I still get all the orange messages though so I don't know what's up.
Really kinda annoying.

Stele007
Aug 12, 2007

Shima Honnou posted:

Crystal hollow archer arrows can curve up to about 45 degrees from the angle that they were fired from, and those archers can at times fire from angles that are completely impossible for their animation - such as sideways out of the bow when you try to dodge them. They respawn, and they have high armor because they're mostly crystallized. Their arrows do a decent chunk of damage, and even better, there's almost always a channeler nearby who raises their attack power by something like 2 or 3 times.

I thought you were talking about Anor Londo. The archers are nothing compared to the channelers themselves since they deal a shitton more damage, and you can't block 100% of it

Concerning the DLC, I killed Manas but I haven't made any progress on the area with the dragon. Flash sweat, fire resistance... I immediately die to his fire regardless. Is there supposed to be a way to take him out?

Analogi
Mar 31, 2011

What the duck?

Analogi fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Feb 15, 2014

AlternatePFG
Jun 19, 2012

Analogi posted:

Does anyone know if there is a red slab in the new content? I found one of every other slab in the new areas, so it would seem like there would be one.

Edit: Oh wait, nevermind, I'm stupid.

satsui no thankyou
Apr 23, 2011

Stele007 posted:

I thought you were talking about Anor Londo. The archers are nothing compared to the channelers themselves since they deal a shitton more damage, and you can't block 100% of it

Concerning the DLC, I killed Manas but I haven't made any progress on the area with the dragon. Flash sweat, fire resistance... I immediately die to his fire regardless. Is there supposed to be a way to take him out?

Talk to Gough.

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006
Noob report:

So I got to that armoured pig/boar thing, beat all the undead and got behind him on that little walkway above, thought I'd be clever and throw firebombs down on him. Threw one and promptly fell off of the ledge and landed right in front of him. He rammed me and I died in one hit.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

Yeah I Like Girls posted:

I took a wrong turn after Blighttown and then this happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAGjkH3BY1A

It's probably not good that my first reaction to seeing something the size of a building is to shoot it and run away.

Hahaha, most amusing. This thread needs more youtube trip reports.

Oh man, I just realised I get to be a wide eyed noob again. I haven't done the DLC areas yet! Can't wait.

EBT
Oct 29, 2005

by Ralp
Nothing like getting cursed to remind you to put the odd point in to vit. Dicking around the curse area got me hit and gently caress buying a decurse, I decided this was the right time to go to New Londo. With my base 9 vit. Cursed. On the plus side a bandit knife +8 rips those ghosts up way better than anything I used my previous game. Also nice to know curse no longer stacks. At least I came out of it with all the transient curses I need, and about 20% of the souls that they dropped for me (I sneezed and jumped backwards off a cliff). And a handy jagged ghost blade, making all those transient curses useless

EBT fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Aug 26, 2012

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Just got finished with the second boss of the DLC and wow, that was just an incredible fight. It was like being a DS newbie all over again. I really love how everythin fits in so perfectly with the rest of the game. Now to see if I want to push on with the rest of it or hang around the PVP arenas for a while.

Derkinstacker
Dec 30, 2008

cat doter posted:

Hahaha, most amusing. This thread needs more youtube trip reports.

Oh man, I just realised I get to be a wide eyed noob again. I haven't done the DLC areas yet! Can't wait.

Nothing quite like taking your time, looking at enemy groups not knowing if you'll pull them or not, not knowing how an enemy fights and getting slammed. I know Artorias gave me a lot more trouble than he probably should have.

Derkinstacker fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Aug 26, 2012

AlternatePFG
Jun 19, 2012
DLC Related: Oh my god, how does a heavier character beat Artorias? Cause I'm having some difficulty with him right now on my flip ring equipped Thief, I cannot imagine fighting him with heavier armor. Same thing for the Sanctuary Guardian.

The boss fights in the DLC have been spectacular so far, good job FROM. :golfclap:

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

The worst submarine posted:

Yes and not very. He was going to kick you into the pit anyway; Patches is a jerk like that.

Well he does sell you some pretty decent helmets, but don't worry about that until NG+, or your next character.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Boatswain posted:

Well he does sell you some pretty decent helmets, but don't worry about that until NG+, or your next character.

He also has a bitchin' armor set for sale, and a not-terrible Holy weapon, not to mention additional copies of the healing miracles. I really like the armor set.

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

No one cat should have all that power
Man, blighttown without framerate loss is like having its fangs removed. They should have added a dozen more blowdart dudes to compensate.

satsui no thankyou
Apr 23, 2011

AlternatePFG posted:

DLC Related: Oh my god, how does a heavier character beat Artorias? Cause I'm having some difficulty with him right now on my flip ring equipped Thief, I cannot imagine fighting him with heavier armor. Same thing for the Sanctuary Guardian.

The boss fights in the DLC have been spectacular so far, good job FROM. :golfclap:

His block breaker move does less stam damage than a regular attack from the first boss. He ain't difficult for block builds.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
I've been sitting in Burg for half an hour at level 6, no one has summoned me. I've been messing with a lot of ports. I don't know what the gently caress's what, so I have a ton of questions.

First up, here are my Virtual Server settings (which I believe are the method to add ports in routers)

GFWL 3074 3074 TCP 3074 3074 192.168.1.100 pppoa0
GFWL 3074 3074 UDP 3074 3074 192.168.1.100 pppoa0
GFWL 88 88 UDP 88 88 192.168.1.100 pppoa0
GFWL 53 53 TCP 53 53 192.168.1.100 pppoa0
GFWL 53 53 UDP 53 53 192.168.1.100 pppoa0
GFWL 443 443 TCP 443 443 192.168.1.100 pppoa0
GFWL 80 80 TCP 80 80 192.168.1.100

Do I need UPnP enabled if I have the GFWL ports added manually? Should I disable UPnP?

Do I use DMZ in conjunction with added ports? Or UPnP in conjunction with DMZ? Or UPnP in conjunction with DMZ in conjunction with added ports?

Also, those ports above are the only ones I need to use GFWL, right?

At this point I'm seeing orange signs, but I'm not being summoned. I find it really odd that no one is summoning, and is probably an issue on my end. Is there any indication that seeing orange signs = netcode is fine, summoning and being summoned should also work, and just nobody is?

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

The Mimic posted:

I find the mosquitos to be far worse, but I use a 2h weapon. It probably should be easier than it is for me.

That's why I carry a spear, for stabbing fast jerks. Although you just reminded me of another "gently caress Blighttown" thing, infinitely respawning mosquitoes.

gently caress Blighttown.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Progress since last post:
-Found NPC and killed butcher type guys in the depths. thats all there is to that place right?
-Killed Havel but can't get past that hydra, at least I dont think I can kill it yet.

So, where do I go next really?

AlternatePFG
Jun 19, 2012

GreenAcidRage posted:

His block breaker move does less stam damage than a regular attack from the first boss. He ain't difficult for block builds.

Really? That surprises me, considering how fast he is. How does the Sanctuary Guardian play for block builds?

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

MadJackMcJack posted:

That's why I carry a spear, for stabbing fast jerks. Although you just reminded me of another "gently caress Blighttown" thing, infinitely respawning mosquitoes.

gently caress Blighttown.

Fire OWNS most of Blighttown, Combustion is a pretty good Pyromancy as well. Connect the dots!

satsui no thankyou
Apr 23, 2011

AlternatePFG posted:

Really? That surprises me, considering how fast he is. How does the Sanctuary Guardian play for block builds?

Just as easy, although the lightning chip damage can be brutal. The real challenge for block builds is Kalameet. He's loving insane.

aegeryn
Oct 14, 2006

FrickenMoron posted:

Progress since last post:
-Found NPC and killed butcher type guys in the depths. thats all there is to that place right?
-Killed Havel but can't get past that hydra, at least I dont think I can kill it yet.

So, where do I go next really?

Go back to the Butcher area. Down in the water, there's a hole in the wall you can walk up into.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

MoonwalkInvincible posted:

It's entirely possible to go anywhere and get any gear in the game at SL1. Most non-huge weapons can be equipped easily even before SL10 or 15, provided that someone has built their stats for it. And at 25 or 30, it is possible to wield basically anything in the game if you've pumped the appropriate stat and/or are two-handing it.

And since the BB glitch got patched out on PC, chances are pretty good that that person earned whatever gear it was legitimately.

Actually...

quote:

Scripts:
- Undead
HP still drops but won't be killed.
- Undead + One Hit Kill
back up your save before using this script.
do not use together with Undead.
- Inf. Stamina
- Inf. Humanity
you can reverse hollowing without using humanity.
you need at least one humanity to reverse hollowing.
you'd still lose humanity if you die, you can always retrieve them afterwards.
- Inf. Item Usage
you may choose if you want to affect all usable items or equipped items. set All Items Switch to 1 for all items, set to 0 for equipped items (equipped Estus Flask, solid Humanity, arrows, etc.)
minimum item's ammount can be set via the table, default: 3
- Inf. Spell / Inf. Spell V2
use only one of them.
basically the same thing, but V2 add a check before assigning any value.
works on 2 attunement slots.
- Inf. Durability
- Inf. Souls
you can level-up and shopping without using any souls.
same as Inf. Humanity, you'd still lose souls if you die, you can always retrieve them afterwards.

Pointers:
- HP, Stamina
- Max HP, Max Stamina, Vitality, Attunement, Endurance, Strength, Dexterity, Resistance, Intelligence, Faith, Humanity and Souls
- Estus Flask
- Equipped Arrow
- Equipped Item
- Durability of Hightlighted Equipment

Mercury_Storm fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Aug 26, 2012

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
^^^ You should probably not link that in a thread full of frustrated PC newbies.

lonters run around
Oct 25, 2011

by T. Mascis
This isn't playable with a keyboar+mouse is it? I actually found it easier to just use a keyboard, but that really sucks too.

Orv
May 4, 2011

To be fair, in the instance in question it sounds like the guy had the Gravelord sword and was just normally invading, which is entirely possible.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Just saying, if you get reamed in one shot by an invincible -WeEdLoRDGOKU666- chances are they're cheating because its pretty much impossible to defend against cheating in non-MMO PC games these days. I'd hope they start banning people going online with obviously hacked characters, but I somehow doubt it given how well From handled the release of this game in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sputty
Mar 20, 2005

Is there any chance of a patch to fix some crashing issues or is the game being pretty much abandoned from here on out? I can't find a fix to the crashing problem anywhere. Just wondering if I should try to get a refund through Steam

• Locked thread