Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Is there a guide that has locations of all the armor and weapons?

Maybe with pictures of where it's located?

Of the DLC or just in general? There are actually two DS wikis that have info on pretty much everything but haven't been updated with all the new content data yet. I prefer this one personally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Is there a video that shows the location of the iato in blighttown because I just cant find the loving thing.

Smart Car
Mar 31, 2011

darkgray posted:

Alright, so apparently I'm retarded, or perhaps just the system itself.

I decided to change my GFWL gamertag from its default random gibberish, and now all my saves are gone. I had 30 hours played and would like to get them back, pretty please.

Changing my name back isn't an option, since the rear end faggots at MS demand monies for it.
Saves are found in Documents\NBGI\DarkSouls\Profile Name, try copying the contents of your old profile's folder to the new one to see if that gets your saves back.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

keyframe posted:

Is there a video that shows the location of the iato in blighttown because I just cant find the loving thing.
All I remember is that it isn't very far from the first bonfire, and that you have to make a running jump to get there.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

keyframe posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUSxz7D19Fc

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
All this cheating is crushing my spirits. Dark Souls is my favorite game and if this release gets ruined... I'm going to be devastated.

:(

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

No one cat should have all that power

keyframe posted:

iirc it's very near the first descent, when you get your first view of the whole place and the background scenery. It's on a corpse and you need a flying leap to reach it. from there you can drop really close to the first fire.

Mucking About
May 30, 2011

Haha, so for the first time I summoned someone for help at the first big knight at the cathedral, which went easy enough with some help. Then he proceeded to steamroll the entire cathedral, me just hanging out, trying to convince myself that I am indeed helping out by plinking things a bit with my spear.

Then I got to the boss. Oh my! I thought things were going well, but then the person I summoned died, and then things quickly turned sour. :v:

I do however have gotten hold of a pretty fancy tailaxe! Although I do not get how I can swing such a gigantic axe so easily with one hand. Still, it looks good!

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
Sorry just gotta vent but goddamn, most of the deaths in this game aren't because I was sloppy or did wrong, it's the loving idiotic camera hopping between monsters whenever I touch the goddamn mouse, and getting gangbanged between a pack

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!

Smart Car posted:

Saves are found in Documents\NBGI\DarkSouls\Profile Name, try copying the contents of your old profile's folder to the new one to see if that gets your saves back.

This actually does work. At first I tried to be all hackery and hexedit the old gamertag to my new one, but that just made it corrupted. A simple copy worked, though. -_-

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Skilleddk posted:

Sorry just gotta vent but goddamn, most of the deaths in this game aren't because I was sloppy or did wrong, it's the loving idiotic camera hopping between monsters whenever I touch the goddamn mouse, and getting gangbanged between a pack

You should really consider getting a controller. I know it sucks the controls weren't better thought out for the kb/m but at this point in time(and likely forever if this never gets support of any kind) this is the nicest ways to get rid of your troubles.

Still sucks but yeah, try a controller if you can.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
I always play console ports with controllers, unless it's an FPS. This game is made for a controller. Use one.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Tolain posted:

iirc it's very near the first descent, when you get your first view of the whole place and the background scenery. It's on a corpse and you need a flying leap to reach it. from there you can drop really close to the first fire.

I saw that thing was there but that big jump was pretty much the whole reason why I didn't bother getting it.

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

Skilleddk posted:

This was posted a few pages ago:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2904768

Supposedly fixes the problem pretty well. If it's the lock-on you were talking about at least.

And yeah almost any console port will control much better with a controller, you should probably use one even if that does fix the problem for you.

Triangle
Jul 30, 2011

Heh. If I was actually unchill, I would be using all caps and/or exclamation marks in my posts, but I am chill. Clowns like you make me laugh, that's what clowns do. Added to my ignore list.
I don't remember when I last played a game this intensively.

Where should I go after beating the Gaping Dragon? Darkroot Basin? I'm at level 30 right now.

AN AOL CHAT ROOM
Feb 22, 2003

Power-shovelling fat turds into my cock busted syphilitic maw. Like a fat cunt shovels doughnuts. The resulting turds from my hemorrhoid infested goat fucked ass are pure gold compared to my shitting posts.

Mindblast posted:

You should really consider getting a controller. I know it sucks the controls weren't better thought out for the kb/m but at this point in time(and likely forever if this never gets support of any kind) this is the nicest ways to get rid of your troubles.

Still sucks but yeah, try a controller if you can.
This guy is right. Even though I paid $40 once for this game, I had to go out and pay $40 again just for a MadCatz 360 controller. I'm glad I paid twice to play a video game. Now the on-screen button prompts actually correspond to the button that I'm pushing!

It's a shame that the guys at FROM Software didn't think two steps ahead and take advantage of their laziness by striking a mutually beneficial deal with Microsoft so they can advertise their controllers by slapping a "XBOX 360 controller strongly recommended!!" sticker on the box. Hopefully Rockstar will take a page from FROM's book and program GTAV in such a way that it's so difficult to play on a controller that people are forced to buy steering wheel peripherals from Sony.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Triangle posted:

Where should I go after beating the Gaping Dragon? Darkroot Basin? I'm at level 30 right now.

Nope. You go down. Welcome to Blighttown.

Triangle
Jul 30, 2011

Heh. If I was actually unchill, I would be using all caps and/or exclamation marks in my posts, but I am chill. Clowns like you make me laugh, that's what clowns do. Added to my ignore list.

havenwaters posted:

Nope. You go down. Welcome to Blighttown.

What, just jump down the hole gapeface came from? I've been looking for the entrance, but couldn't find it.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Triangle posted:

What, just jump down the hole gapeface came from?

Oh, no. You remember that merchant you found in the room before you went to the gaping dragon? With the two rats and three slimes. There was a big double door in there you couldn't open. The dragon dropped the key to that door when you killed him.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Triangle posted:

What, just jump down the hole gapeface came from? I've been looking for the entrance, but couldn't find it.
There was a locked gate by the vendor before the gaping dragon. You have the key now.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Triangle posted:

Go back out to the sewer with the rats and blops and through the broken gate with the dude sitting against the wall. The door big door near him is where you use the key you just got from the boss.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Seems that dark souls wikidot hasn't been updated with any of the DLC content.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Can you summon the npc sunbro at the capra demon boss?

I don't mind using some humanity if this is the case, but my casualty rate is too high to just use up humanity items on the go - at least for now.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Triangle posted:

Open the big double doors in the room with the weird horned merchant, go and fight the Capra Demon and get the keys to Blighttown.

You must've pissed someone in GBS off something fierce.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Does SLI/Crossfire actually work with this game? Using the resolution fix I'm supersampling from 3840x2400 down to 2560x1600 and still get random slowdowns in Blighttown and the Depths. I've tried lowering my resolution to 1080p and I still get the same results, and I've got SLI'd 580s and an i5-750 so I'd think that would be overkill for this game.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

Triangle posted:

Don't you dare stop drawing, poo poo's awesome

Also yeah, welcome to Blighttown

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Anti-Hero posted:

Does SLI/Crossfire actually work with this game? Using the resolution fix I'm supersampling from 3840x2400 down to 2560x1600 and still get random slowdowns in Blighttown and the Depths. I've tried lowering my resolution to 1080p and I still get the same results, and I've got SLI'd 580s and an i5-750 so I'd think that would be overkill for this game.

Not really. Though DSFix 0.5 has some changes to it to take SLI/Crossfire into account (not sure how well they work)

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
What ports do I need to open to summon people? Or should I just leave it as such so no cheating black phantoms can enter?

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
I'm running DSFix 0.5 as well. I need to sit down and run some tests and figure out what setting is killing my framerate at times. It can't be the external resolution as I've changed that and found no difference. Perhaps it's the internal resolution or the DOF, though I've had spotty framerates since the first DSfix release.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
Can anyone give some general guidelines to picking up on more of the story? Ive just beaten blight town but don't feel like I've gotten or understood as much of the story as I could have. I'm not looking for specific details, just some hints about what kinds of things to pay attention to

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Okay, Sif instantly killed me pretty much and I have no idea how to take that fucker out. Very fast and a particle effect on him makes my game slow to a crawl for some reason.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Jinnigan posted:

Can anyone give some general guidelines to picking up on more of the story? Ive just beaten blight town but don't feel like I've gotten or understood as much of the story as I could have. I'm not looking for specific details, just some hints about what kinds of things to pay attention to

Well honestly there hasn't been too much at this point other than talking to npcs multiple times and reading the descriptions on items you get (keys, armor, boss souls, weapons, all that stuff)

AlternatePFG
Jun 19, 2012

Jinnigan posted:

It's mostly environmental storytelling, along with some NPC dialogue and item descriptions. It's pretty vague and ambiguous, which is one of the reasons why people like it so much.

Mucking About
May 30, 2011

Rirse posted:

What ports do I need to open to summon people? Or should I just leave it as such so no cheating black phantoms can enter?

Take the risk, open port 3074. It's all you need.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Rirse posted:

Some quick googling turned up these for the PS3 version:

TCP Ports: 80, 443, 5223
UDP Ports: 3478, 3479, 3658

I'm not sure whether they changed it for the PC version but I would guess not. Give those a try and see how well it works.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Samurai Sanders posted:

Uh...he sure as hell doesn't for me. I always get an arrow to the back from the guy on the left when I am engaging the guy on the right.

The guy on the left walks towards you and so moves behind a pillar near him if you go right at the rest stop in the middle.

I summoned once for this fight after like 5 tries solo, got to the archer on the right while he went left and forgot to switch to dual-handing my black night sword. Result: sword clangs off the wall and throws me off the ledge. The very next run, solo, worked - I remembered to dual hand the BKS for its chop of doom (it's a beast at +4, horrible R2 or not).

The timing on the run up to the archers seems much easier when under 25% equip load. I could do the normal run - ie., not boosted where you drain stamina - up both segments and never be hit - every arrow would strike behind me. It seemed to make it easier to time it so that the guy on the right fired right before you climbed the ledge and sprinted towards him. Still had to roll under his next shot, but the guy on the left was firing at an angle by then.

My tanking attempt with full stone armor didn't work well at all. It just took them more shots to kill me while I sat there stunned after the first hit.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Hey guys, I've beaten most of the new content and I have a theory. I want to see if anyone knows any lore to contradict it or anything.

I think Manus is the Furtive Pygmy. I mean, Chester and Gough both call him "Primeval man" and if the Furtive Pygmy is the progenitor of mankind like Kaathe says, it would make sense for him to go by that name.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

Maremidon posted:

Hey guys, I've beaten most of the new content and I have a theory. I want to see if anyone knows any lore to contradict it or anything.

I think Manus is the Furtive Pygmy. I mean, Chester and Gough both call him "Primeval man" and if the Furtive Pygmy is the progenitor of mankind like Kaathe says, it would make sense for him to go by that name.

Yeah he is. He's the progenitor of man because he gave his dark soul in the form of humanity to the "humans" to turn them into the humans we think of. He got overwhelmed by the power of the dark soul and got turned into the darklurker somewhere along the way.

For that matter though, has anyone found any conversations or items to explain why Manus wants the broken pendant so much? They make it out to be very important but I don't know why.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Veev posted:

For that matter though, has anyone found any conversations or items to explain why Manus wants the broken pendant so much? They make it out to be very important but I don't know why.
Perhaps the same could be said of the Dark Souls community.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:

Veev posted:

Yeah he is. He's the progenitor of man because he gave his dark soul in the form of humanity to the "humans" to turn them into the humans we think of. He got overwhelmed by the power of the dark soul and got turned into the darklurker somewhere along the way.

I also agree. I couldn't find any info as to why though.

• Locked thread