Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I was gonna go with Flavor Flav but I'm rubbish at Photoshop so I copped it. Also the idea of best worst cop ever Wei Shen beating someone up with a grandfather clock amuses me.

It takes guts to wear that
(He's also holding a gun and eating a pork bun at the same time)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CowboyAndy
Aug 7, 2012

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Anyone would need a pork-bun after that night-time, rainy rooftop dirt-gently caress you got from the european chick.

C'mon Wei, now you've got the herpes. Asian Super-Herpes.

"A man with Asian Super-Herpes who never had a pork-bun is never a whole man with Asian Super-Herpes!"

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

I stepped out a store wearing my new clothes and someone complimented me :stare:

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Croccers posted:

I was gonna go with Flavor Flav but I'm rubbish at Photoshop so I copped it. Also the idea of best worst cop ever Wei Shen beating someone up with a grandfather clock amuses me.

It takes guts to wear that
(He's also holding a gun and eating a pork bun at the same time)

Truly the wholest of men.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Man, I finally got that jerk that hangs out near the exit of every clothing store to complement my attire.
There should've been an achievement for that.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I dont know if he's being sarcastic with 'Cutting edge!' or not.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

SynthOrange posted:

I dont know if he's being sarcastic with 'Cutting edge!' or not.

He said something like "Whoa man, looking good!" in a totally not-sarcastic manner.
Treated myself to a pork bun and soda in victory.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

The only Chinese place remotely near me doesn't have pork buns :( Are they something you could make at home?

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

PunkBoy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHIRceS-blA

This one? They even included the slow mo table hopping and shooting while driving!

Haha, at the end he even has the 10% buff to face bracelet.

Molten Llama
Sep 20, 2006

Capn Beeb posted:

The only Chinese place remotely near me doesn't have pork buns :( Are they something you could make at home?

Goons With Spoons has you covered. Haven't tried the recipe, but the results look about right.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD

SynthOrange posted:

I do like how the dates happen regardless of time/weather conditions. My date with Amanda was a nice walk through the park at midnight in a raging thunderstorm, both of us looking like drowned rats.

Yeah that happened to me too. I figured if the game fast forwards the time for the sunset photo in one of the side missions it would turn off the monsoon. But I guess photos taken at night in the pouring rain was just what she wanted.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Dim sum places will usually have them as well. And you might as well get some har gow and siu mai while you're there.

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Robotor just hasn't been the same since 9/11...
What, no love for curry fish balls?

They'll blow your mind

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Wasn't it the roast duck that had the mystical healing powers? Anyway.

Judging on my second playthrough, there doesn't seem much difference between wearing the Lady Killer clothes and not.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

The automatic slow-down for fine aiming during driving and shooting is a very, very thankful addition.

I recall that the original True Crime had that too. I know, I know, Sleeping Dogs began its life as an independent property, but I can't help but think they at least looked at True Crime when they were making Black Lotus.

...and speaking of that if they make a Sleeping Dogs 2 I would be intrigued if they went back to the concept of a female protagonist. It'd be tricky to swing it, but it could be done.

...actually I just want a Broken Nose Jiang backstory game. A young female punk gets her face smashed in a bar fight (hence the name) and she decides the only way to clean up the streets is to take over the triads, by force if necessary, or by stealth and trickery when possible.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Molten Llama posted:

Goons With Spoons has you covered. Haven't tried the recipe, but the results look about right.

I've used it, it's good, although a pain in the butt just by virtue of how long it takes. Don't know why more American Chinese places have these things, sweet dough stuffed with pork is one of those things Paula Deen would have invented if she hadn't been beaten to it first.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Calaveron posted:

Man, I finally got that jerk that hangs out near the exit of every clothing store to complement my attire.
There should've been an achievement for that.
Has anyone figured out the criteria for that yet? I thought it had to do with buying/wearing clothes from the vendor you left, but I filled out the Lady Killer set and he still insulted me. I got him to complement me by wearing a full Thug set, though.

I really wish I could get a trilby like Dogeyes wears, so I could just go full 1920s gangster.

Also, thanks to Oceanbound a few pages back for posting translated lyrics to Yellow Fever, but I can't find any untranslated lyrics. Could someone point me in the right direction?

Hinora
Mar 1, 2009

Segmentation Fault posted:

Has anyone figured out the criteria for that yet? I thought it had to do with buying/wearing clothes from the vendor you left, but I filled out the Lady Killer set and he still insulted me. I got him to complement me by wearing a full Thug set, though.

I really wish I could get a trilby like Dogeyes wears, so I could just go full 1920s gangster.

Also, thanks to Oceanbound a few pages back for posting translated lyrics to Yellow Fever, but I can't find any untranslated lyrics. Could someone point me in the right direction?

Always seem to get the cutting edge comment with suits at a Face Level of 7. It could simply be down to buying a full matching set at one place? (Hence why Thug Set works but Lady Killer doesn't?)

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Hinora posted:

Always seem to get the cutting edge comment with suits at a Face Level of 7. It could simply be down to buying a full matching set at one place? (Hence why Thug Set works but Lady Killer doesn't?)
Maybe. Now that I remember, if I wear the Lady Killer set with the Futurismo top (Face 8 leather jacket) I get the cutting edge comment, but if I wear the hipster jacket (~Face 4? suit jacket with button-down shirt and tie) I get the needs guts comment. Maybe it has to do with the face level of the combined set?

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.

Maybe. Now that I remember, if I wear the Lady Killer set with the Futurismo top (Face 8 leather jacket) I get the cutting edge comment, but if I wear the hipster jacket (~Face 4? suit jacket with button-down shirt and tie) I get the needs guts comment. Maybe it has to do with the face level of the combined set?

I was wearing the mountain master set and still needed guts to wear it.

I got them from here, comments posted by Kai200X on pages 5 and 6 (one of them is marked as spam)

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Oceanbound posted:

I got them from here, comments posted by Kai200X on pages 5 and 6 (one of them is marked as spam)

At the risk of sounding completely goony, is there some way I can get that romanized? I kind of want to sing along.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Untranslated Lyrics posted:

You are a habitual flirt
得了 Yellow Fever
難道不知道這樣我很 hurt.

You are a habitual flirt
成天一副很餓
每個美眉都看成dessert.

你讓我以為
你對我特別
原來每個亞洲妹你都 OK.

蓄黑色長髮
胸部有C Cup
不上前搭訕你的心會很癢.

眼中的 Yellow Fever
偏愛亞洲 lover
你 明明已經有我了
還 打算幹什麼?

最最受不了你露出
閃亮笑容 和 白白牙齒
自以為帥氣很貴紳
執手說 " I don't believe we've met?"

You are a habitual flirt
得了 Yellow Fever
難道不知道這樣我很 hurt.

You are a habitual flirt
成天一副很餓
每個美眉都看成dessert.

你讓我以為
你對我特別
原來每個亞洲妹你都OK.

看到 Asian girl
像被下魔咒
眼睛流出金色光芒的電流.

你這個愛情慣犯
到處伺機犯案.
你 自以為是萬人迷
嘴 像塗了層蜂蜜.

Oh oh here it comes 正前方
你當地點就鎖定目標
用你那破爛的中文 對
美眉說 "妳好美我愛妳"

You are a habitual flirt
得了 Yellow Fever
難道不知道這樣我很 hurt.

You are a habitual flirt
成天一副很餓
每個美眉都看成dessert.

(instrumental)

You are a habitual flirt
成天一副很餓
每個美眉都看成dessert.

You are a habitual flirt
希望每天超熱
路上妹妹都穿 mini skirt.

You are a habitual flirt
再不收斂一點
趕你出門 我們 Game Over.

You are a habitual flirt
再不收斂一點
趕你出門 我們 Game Over.

It's worth a shot, I guess.

Romanised Lyrics posted:

You are a habitual flirt
de le Yellow Fever
nan dao bu zhi dao zhe yang wo hen hurt.

You are a habitual flirt
chen tian yi fu hen er
mei ge mei mei do kan chen dessert.

ni
ni lang wo yi wei
ni dui wo te bie
yuan lai mei ge ya zhou mei ni do OK.

shu hei se chang fa00
xiong bu you C Cup
bu shang qian ta xian ni de xin hui heng yang.

yan zhong de Yellow Fever
pian ai ya zhou lover
ni ming ming yi zhing you wo le
hai da xuan gan shen mo?

zhui zhui sou bu liao ni lu chu
sang liang xiao rong he bai bai ya chi
zi yi wei suai qi hen gui shen
zhi shou suo " I don't believe we've met?"

You are a habitual flirt
de le Yellow Fever

You are a habitual flirt
chen tian yi fu hen er

ni
ni lang wo yi wei
ni dui wo te bie
yuan lai mei ge ya zhou mei ni do OK.

kan dao Asian girl
xiang bei xia mo zhou
yan zhing liu chu zing she guang mang de dian liu.

ni ze ge ai ching guan fan
dao chu shi ji fan an.
ni zhi yi wei shi wan ren mi
zhui xiang tu le chen feng mi.

Oh oh here it comes zhen qian fang
ni dang di dian jiu shuo ding mu biao
yong ni na puo lan de zhong wen dui
mei mei shuo "ni hao mei wo ai ni"

You are a habitual flirt
de le Yellow Fever

You are a habitual flirt
chen tian yi fu hen er

(instrumental)

You are a habitual flirt
chen tian yi fu hen er

You are a habitual flirt
xi wang mei tian chao re
lu shang mei mei do chuan mini skirt.

You are a habitual flirt
zai be sou lian yi dian
gan ni chu men wo men Game Over.

You are a habitual flirt
zai be sou lian yi dian
gan ni chu men wo men Game Over.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Sleeping Dogs is probably driving up pork bun sales.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

SynthOrange posted:

Sleeping Dogs is probably driving up pork bun sales.

Those shits look mad gross son, are they covered in freezer burn or what?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Nope, it's just steamed fluffy dough. Tasty as hell.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

You obviously haven't had a pork bun, and thus aren't a whole man.

However, it's worth pointing out that the pork buns in game aren't actually char siu bao. They're fried Shanghai pork buns.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

WickedIcon posted:

So I'm trying to start up the PC demo to get a feel for if the game will run well, and... it's not working.

It just shows the "preparing to launch" dialog box and immediately crashes.

Is no one else having this problem with the demo or the full game?

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Oceanbound posted:

However, it's worth pointing out that the pork buns in game aren't actually char siu bao. They're fried Shanghai pork buns.

That's what i've always thought of as a "pork bun".

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008
:dukedog:

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

it's a different type of dough. You can either have it "rupture" or be a solid top type of bun.

My mom (who's from HK) used to make it this way and you can stuff it with whatever you want like pork or red bean paste. It's also the same recipe for the buns in Deus ex that you can find in a pda (minus the pork). I showed it to my mom and she was like, I've made that for you before!

The chinese silver loaves: http://dangerspouse.diaryland.com/040711_91.html

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli

SynthOrange posted:

Nope, it's just steamed fluffy dough. Tasty as hell.
Dim Sims where it's at - I'll be surprised as hell if anyone finds them outside of Australia.

Jtomeo
Jan 10, 2003
Is there a way to get the white sneakers from the Winston outfit? I haven't been able to find them for sale anywhere.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Oceanbound posted:

You obviously haven't had a pork bun, and thus aren't a whole man.

A Whole Man knows in his heart that holding anything less than the most delightfully baked, golden brown pork bun is a grievous insult to manhood itself. I know the Pork Bun Guy would back me up on this one.

(i loving love pork buns :mad:)

GoldenNugget posted:

it's a different type of dough. You can either have it "rupture" or be a solid top type of bun.

My mom (who's from HK) used to make it this way and you can stuff it with whatever you want like pork or red bean paste. It's also the same recipe for the buns in Deus ex that you can find in a pda (minus the pork). I showed it to my mom and she was like, I've made that for you before!

The chinese silver loaves: http://dangerspouse.diaryland.com/040711_91.html

Moms are cool, dude. Sounds like you have a quality mom.

bus stop
Jul 19, 2012
nah

WickedIcon posted:

Is no one else having this problem with the demo or the full game?

Never had any problem with it personally, but after searching I found this and a couple people said it worked so it's probably worth a shot. Generally when I've had problems like this with other games it was because DirectX wasn't up to date so it wouldn't be surprising if that's the problem.

bus stop fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Aug 31, 2012

Invisible Ted
Aug 24, 2011

hhhehehe

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

A Whole Man knows in his heart that holding anything less than the most delightfully baked, golden brown pork bun is a grievous insult to manhood itself. I know the Pork Bun Guy would back me up on this one.

(i loving love pork buns :mad:)

Moms are cool, dude. Sounds like you have a quality mom.

A man who doesn't have a quality mom is never a whole man.

nous_
May 14, 2010
I spent 80k on my sociology degree and all I got was the stupid opinion I just posted.

(and herpes)
This game is so much better if you pretend Keanu Reeves is the main character.

"Jade rat. Woah!"

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
I've just grabbed some guy's pistol, and is it just me, or is Pandrew evil?

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Call Now posted:

Nawwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Call Now posted:

What? No, you're clearly imagining things.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Dogen posted:

What? No, you're clearly imagining things.

I think it's getting to him. He needs to be pulled back in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Call Now posted:

Keep playing, later on the dude tampers with evidence just to get an arrest, fucker's a disgrace to the badge.

But that doesn't compare to anything you do to maintain your cover, so, uh, evil is subjective.

• Locked thread