Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rayk
May 19, 2009

pirate cat │・ □ ・│ノ

Jehuti posted:

Is this even coming out in australia¿ I haven't been able to find out anything.

Ozgameshop and dungeon crawl have it listed for week starting 3rd of September.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jtm33
Mar 23, 2010
I have not yet seen a reliable looking source confirming a release date for this game in Europe. I have not even heard of a confirmed publisher for Australia, let alone release date.

Anything new?

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

jtm33 posted:

I have not yet seen a reliable looking source confirming a release date for this game in Europe. I have not even heard of a confirmed publisher for Australia, let alone release date.

Anything new?

Anything regarding European release date will be posted here:

https://www.facebook.com/PersonaEurope

jtm33
Mar 23, 2010

Bebopaloobop posted:

Anything regarding European release date will be posted here:

https://www.facebook.com/PersonaEurope

Right, thanks.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Bebopaloobop posted:

You can't... unless you hit her out of the air. Which will reduce your punish damage by 1000-2000 dmg depending on screen position. It's also distance dependent. Punishing her DP in the air with 5B is a 1f punish from max range when dash startup is accounted for.

There's also just the matter of reacting to it. The timing for this is really lenient and is about the same as if you opted for a safe 5a as she landed.

Edit: Also if she supers she just wasted meter for no reason. There's really no reason not to do this punish because it does more damage in every situation, is easy, and only costs 25 meter.

It's not actually a 1F punish due to the input buffers and all that though. But it's still a good point, easier is better, and allowing her the chance to waste meter is also really good.

I'm wondering about the damage output though. Using the EX move at the start kills your SP gain for a while, I wonder how much meter you can build through a FC AA 5B punish by comparison, if it could allow you build enough meter to end with a super instead. Usefulness depending on how much meter you actually had to begin with of course. Might be worth playing with to see. What full combos are you using off 4A+B and 6A+B FCs?

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Does OMG itz Andre play P4A? Just barely lost to someone with his name online in a Chie mirror match (360). In other news, my record has now gone to crap. :negative:

Batigh
Dec 21, 2009
Is there some kind of trick to doing maximum All-Out Attacks into blowback wallbounces beyond just mashing A and B as hard as you can? I feel like there's gotta be a way, but I don't recall Lessons Mode mentioning it. I love this game, but hate that kind of mechanic.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

PunkBoy posted:

Does OMG itz Andre play P4A? Just barely lost to someone with his name online in a Chie mirror match (360). In other news, my record has now gone to crap. :negative:

He just got the game a couple days ago and yeah, he's learning Chie. He was on PJ's stream dickin' around and getting heckled by the crowd.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011

Batigh posted:

Is there some kind of trick to doing maximum All-Out Attacks into blowback wallbounces beyond just mashing A and B as hard as you can? I feel like there's gotta be a way, but I don't recall Lessons Mode mentioning it. I love this game, but hate that kind of mechanic.

Mash A and B as A+B aka simultaneously. This should help you get it more consistently. You do have to practice knowing when to stop mashing and press C or D as well.

Lynx Winters
May 1, 2003

Borderlawns: The Treehouse of Pandora
You have to push A+B six times after the dust cloud starts to get max hits.

Batigh
Dec 21, 2009
Six times is a great concrete number, thanks. My problem was I'd go hog wild on A+B and didn't know what the hell I was shooting for. This should make things easi(er).

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Apparently the PS3 version of this has bad netcode? I'd heard that the complaints were about the 360 version but all the local P4A PS3 players meet up in person because it's too laggy to play online.

Also fat chance but if you're in the middle east and play this add me on PSN :v:

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Apparently the PS3 version of this has bad netcode? I'd heard that the complaints were about the 360 version but all the local P4A PS3 players meet up in person because it's too laggy to play online.

Also fat chance but if you're in the middle east and play this add me on PSN :v:

The netcode on PSN is fine.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

That is what anyone who mostly plays fighting games locally will say.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Emalde posted:

That is what anyone who mostly plays fighting games locally will say.

I used to play BB online with some of those same guys though so I dunno.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream

The netcode in the game seems fine between two decent connections. I think people on the PS3 just have worse connections in general than people playing games on the 360, possibly because of built in wireless.

Forest Thief Pud
Dec 26, 2011
I've been toying with Labrys for a while, and figure I should ask. Does she have any really fancy combos I should go for when she's at green axe and below? Or, is it just whiff, hit, and block string enough to get it up to the yellow, and especially red level?

Also, there's no real reason to deviate from her basic launcher B&B (j.B, j.C, 214B), right? I know you can do j.BB, j.D from a super jump specifically, but it seems to net you nothing, unless I'm missing something.

Forest Thief Pud fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Aug 30, 2012

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

She has some fancier combos even at Green, but they mostly involve burning meter to do, or are situational. Her big focus at Green is to build SP and to go for resets to push her up to Yellow/Red where real damage actually starts.

Yes most of the time all you get after a launch is sj.B j.C j.214B. In the corner you can usually do j.BB j.C j.214B depending on height. In a few combos in the corner you can get j.BB, jc.BB j.C j.214B. There are a few combo situations where all you can get is j.A, jc.A j.214A though.

Here's a few examples of some interesting stuff she can do even at Green:

5AA 214A+B, 5A 5B, 2B, sjc.B j.C j.214B*
- Takes you from low-Green to Red in one go. If you have 75SP to spend, you can go right into the super from here for about 5k total. There are a ton of other variations on this combo as well, but this one is very solid and reliable. For CH AA punishes (such as on block of Mitsuru's DP) just use 5A 214A+B instead.

5AAA 236B-6-A+B, j.A, jc.A j.214A
- Not a great use of meter but some times the little extra is all you need. Builds close to ~22SP before the SB so you'll almost always have the bar for it.

Throw x OMB, {5B}, 2B, sjc.BB j.C j.214B*
- Throw into the corner combo.

2AAA 2B, sjc.B j.C j.214B
- Works only vs Crouching. Useful to know despite being so simple.

Most of her really fun options don't open up until you hit Yellow, where you gain the critical 5B 236A chain combo. And even then, that's pretty limited against most of the cast except in situational spots.

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

You make my korokoro go dokidoki.
I'm working my way through lesson mode and the game just will not activate the super cancel. I've been sitting here doing the stupid motions, but nothing activates.

dj_de
Jul 24, 2003

Huhhhhh?

TheLoser posted:

I'm working my way through lesson mode and the game just will not activate the super cancel. I've been sitting here doing the stupid motions, but nothing activates.
Are you actually on the one that wants you do mash A until the supercancel? Or your forgetting that you need to do a special move first before you do the super

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

You make my korokoro go dokidoki.

dj_de posted:

Are you actually on the one that wants you do mash A until the supercancel? Or your forgetting that you need to do a special move first before you do the super

I keep doing the initial move to cancel while also trying to activate Yu's Zio move. It never amounts to anything.

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice
You have to make sure the special hits before you cancel into the super; it's possible to input the super so fast that you'll go straight from special to super, and it'll even tell you "super cancel" since that's technically what you did, but it only registers a move as complete when it hits the opponent. You've got some time to make the cancel, try slowing down a little bit.

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

You want to push the button for Ziodyne right as they get popped up from the 3rd hit of swift strike.

Chickenfrogman
Sep 16, 2011

by exmarx
It takes immense self control not to throw the controller out the window every time I see a Mitsuru on the other side of the character select screen. I have never hated fighting a character in a fighting game so much.

may contain peanuts
Sep 28, 2007

WOW what a grate sports paly by the 49rs (better than seahawks)

Chickenfrogman posted:

It takes immense self control not to throw the controller out the window every time I see a Mitsuru on the other side of the character select screen. I have never hated fighting a character in a fighting game so much.
Play Mitsuru, then?

Chickenfrogman
Sep 16, 2011

by exmarx
Don't like playing charge characters, never been able to get a feel for them.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
I'm still a bit confused as to why Mitsuru is the only charge character in the game. It just seems weird to me to have only one.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

may contain peanuts posted:

Play Mitsuru, then?

That means that he's given into the hate and become the monster.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

W.T. Fits posted:

I'm still a bit confused as to why Mitsuru is the only charge character in the game. It just seems weird to me to have only one.

Tokenism.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I don't get why a "charge character" even exists because it's a retarded, counterintuitive idea. The fact that mastering Mitsuru's terrible controls gives you a pretty irritating character for everyone else to fight against it the biggest flaw in this game.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Mitsuru only has two charge moves, she doesn't even have any charge supers or whatever. Is she really a charge character?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Mitsuru only has two charge moves, she doesn't even have any charge supers or whatever. Is she really a charge character?

Also, SLabrys also has a charge move.

may contain peanuts
Sep 28, 2007

Dr Pepper posted:

That means that he's given into the hate and become the monster.
Monsters own, though. Where The Wild Things Are, Monsters Inc, I could go on (not really, those are actually the only two examples I can think of). But for reals, if you're having trouble figuring out how to beat a given character, best thing to do is to learn how to play that character. Once you're good with Mitsuru and you play people who are good with other characters you'll have these moments like "hey it's actually real annoying when my opponent does X, Mitsuru doesn't have great options for that". Maybe the value for X is "nothing" and the character's broken and then either you quit the game or use her to win Evo or whatever, but more than likely there's something she has trouble with. Like a couple days ago I had a Mitsuru player tell me that my character was broken, cause he couldn't figure out how to get around some of the stuff I was doing.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Dr Pepper posted:

I don't get why a "charge character" even exists because it's a retarded, counterintuitive idea. The fact that mastering Mitsuru's terrible controls gives you a pretty irritating character for everyone else to fight against it the biggest flaw in this game.

Charge moves exist in general because they are moves with properties that, if they had a quarter-circle or even half-circle motion, would be far too good. Also, just because you don't happen to like charge motions or you just hate Mitsuru or whatever, it doesn't make charge motions terrible.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

That moment where you and the opponent are both about to die in one hit and you win with Kanji's chair throw from midscreen is loving priceless.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Dr Pepper posted:

Hahaha, nope, charge characters will always own.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Charge moves exist in general because they are moves with properties that, if they had a quarter-circle or even half-circle motion, would be far too good. Also, just because you don't happen to like charge motions or you just hate Mitsuru or whatever, it doesn't make charge motions terrible.

Balancing moves by deliberately giving them terrible controls is a dumb idea. If a moves so powerful you decide to "balance" it by making it hard to activate then the move should not exist.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Dr Pepper posted:

Balancing moves by deliberately giving them terrible controls is a dumb idea. If a moves so powerful you decide to "balance" it by making it hard to activate then the move should not exist.

Let's just make fighting games really boring and homogenous this is a good idea.

Do you also think DP motions and 720s should be removed because they're tied to really good moves that are balanced by being "hard to activate"?

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Dr Pepper posted:

A) They're not hard to do and B) even if they were, the supposed difficulty of performing them is not what I was referring to when it came to their deliberate design from a balance standpoint.

Seriously, charge moves and charge characters are not that hard to get used to, and Mitsuru is especially generous because she can completely build a charge during her sweep as long as you go to down-back immediately after pressing her standing B (during that move's active animation).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

may contain peanuts
Sep 28, 2007

Dr Pepper posted:

What's terrible about them? You hold a direction for a lil bit then you push a different direction while simultaneously pressing a button. It's no more or less difficult than a quarter circle.

• Locked thread