Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It kind of sounds like you're combining Leviathan and Cocoon, to be honest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EPCOT
Oct 24, 2010

Experimental Prototype Community Of Tomorrow
Looking at some stills, I think it may be Cocoon. I was probably around 5 at the time of seeing it, and even then it was probably one scene before I left or changed the channel. Thanks!

Meths
Jul 8, 2007
Meths
I'm trying to identify a Hong Kong comedy/ghost/action film I saw on late night TV on SBS in Australia, sometime in the mid to late 90s.

It was set some time in generic Chinese history. The story was about a guy, and his wife his teenage step son. The step-son was supposedly the child of his wife's former lover but the guy raised him from birth after the lover disappeared.

The former lover shows up in the village (with, I seem to remember, some girl in tow who wasn't his daughter and wore a sort of rabbit fur miniskirt - although I might have got this from another film).

It turns out that he's some sort of ghost buster/vampire hunter, which is lucky because the village is being menaced by a vampire or ghost.

Anyway, the film ended with them using a jar of the ghost buster's urine to kill the ghoul. The punchline was that only virgin's urine can harm a vampire, so the ghost buster must actually be a virgin, which means he can't have knocked up the guy's wife, and THAT means his step-son is actually his real son.

I can't track this film down despite innumerable variations on vampire +"virgin's urine".

Boomshackalacka
Feb 27, 2004
Haha! Your dad's not handy!
Trying to remember a film that I saw last year, I believe it was on Netflix. You'd think it would be more memorable.. it featured a killer attacking someone, while his giant barbed penis flailed around. That wasn't the main point of the movie, though.

A group of kids broke into a locked-off room in a hospital/asylum (can't remember which) and started taking turns doing an experimental drug they found in there. I think the twist at the end was that all the kids had actually died from taking the drug, and were just living through fantasy experiences in their mind as they died.

But there was definitely a killer with a monster wang stomping around.

Internet Gentleman
Mar 17, 2006

I'm so happy to be here.
Sounds like 'Someone's Knocking at the Door'

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1303902/

(I had it on my queue too, until I read some reviews of it).

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Years ago I saw a movie about a strange girl, don't remember much other than she kills a guy with a pair of scissors to the head who calls her a weirdo after finding her dead cat in her freezer. I remember the whole thing being really disturbing and :stonk:.

It's something I want to watch again, any ideas?

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

MariusLecter posted:

Years ago I saw a movie about a strange girl, don't remember much other than she kills a guy with a pair of scissors to the head who calls her a weirdo after finding her dead cat in her freezer. I remember the whole thing being really disturbing and :stonk:.

It's something I want to watch again, any ideas?

May

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Neat, thanks!

:stonk:

divx
Aug 21, 2005

I need help finding a movie I half watched years ago. I don't remember much about it other than it was set in a restaurant and followed the owner's and the guest's night. The only part I remember clearly was that one of the guests was some dude who just sat at the bar and did nothing for most of the movie, but in the end he turned out to be a hitman hired by the owner to kill some guy who was extorting his son.

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

divx posted:

I need help finding a movie I half watched years ago. I don't remember much about it other than it was set in a restaurant and followed the owner's and the guest's night. The only part I remember clearly was that one of the guests was some dude who just sat at the bar and did nothing for most of the movie, but in the end he turned out to be a hitman hired by the owner to kill some guy who was extorting his son.

Dinner Rush?

Nick Cage
Dec 5, 2005

ROCK & ROLL GAS STATION
I'm trying to remember the name of a movie I saw probably about 10-12 years ago.

It's an asian film but I can't remember where from (maybe korea.) At the beginning a young guy goes to work in an office, has a fight with his boss and quits. He steals the bosses car and goes to a fast food place to pick up a girl.

They decide to run away and then a bunch of stuff happens that I can't remember too well. At some point they get another car and they find guns in the back. They stop on a highway and shoot the poo poo out of a street sign. Then I think the guns owners chase after them.

It seems like enough information that google might help but nope.

Framptonlive
Nov 22, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I swear this is a real book that they talked about making a movie of. It's about a man who crashes on a very busy road, and gets stuck in the middle of it. No one will stop to help, so he eventually begins eating the car to survive. I've been searching for months because I want to read it.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Sounds a bit like "Car" by Harry Crews.

foodfight
Feb 10, 2009
Sounds similar to Concrete Island by JG Ballard also.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!

Xiahou Dun posted:

So I'm trying to remember an old kung fu movie for my sister, but I don't have enough to google with.

It was about a tai chi master attacking this school, and he was completely invincible. Details I can remember are that when he'd fight, he'd drag his feet on the ground, and after the fight it'd pan to show that he'd traced a bagua in the dirt. In addition, they discovered his weakness was when he laughed, so the final fight was making him laugh and then punching him.

Does that sound familiar to anyone? I think it had "immortal" or "invincible" the title, but it's not getting me anywhere.

Thanks, and sorry for a lovely description.

I assume you're looking for the completely excellent Born Invincible.

http://i.imgur.com/0UsF8.jpg

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Hell of a book. It's about bunnies!

Framptonlive posted:

I swear this is a real book that they talked about making a movie of. It's about a man who crashes on a very busy road, and gets stuck in the middle of it. No one will stop to help, so he eventually begins eating the car to survive. I've been searching for months because I want to read it.

Definitely Concrete Island. Also, there's a book identification thread over in Book Barn for anyone else in this guy's unfortunate situation.

Also, Concrete Island was a big disappointment that did not live up to my expectations. Be warned.

Framptonlive
Nov 22, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Thanks guys, I've been wondering for so long, it's a relief just to know the name.

narujoe
Feb 16, 2012
I have a really sad request, mostly because I watched it within this year. It's a Japanese movie (I think, could be I'm just racist) that had a dude with an ice cream truck in it. That was, by no means, what the movie was about (I forgot what it was about) but there's definitely a dude with an ice cream truck in it... The dude, also, lives with his dad. There was other segments that converged together, but I honestly forgot what they were (also, I'm pretty sure this is apart of a loose trilogy, or even just a trilogy)

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I'm vaguely remembering a scene where someone is holding up a gun and showing off the safety, saying "Safety on, safety off, safety on, safety off..." increasingly faster and faster pressing the trigger on "Safety on" and pulling his arm back saying "Safety off" which ends with him shooting at a wall or something for comic effect. I want to say it was 21 Jump Street, but I don't remember that scene specifically.

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

That's one happy fucking egg!
I have no idea if this is from a film or TV, but there's someone behind glass (I think it's a bank) and and someone shoots it. When the first person smugly points out that it's bullet-proof, someone proceeds to smash it with a sledgehammer.

This has been bugging me for ages, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

fraggle rockist
Jan 28, 2009

by T. Finninho
I've been trying to remember a movie from either mid-to late 90's or 2000-2001. It's about an fbi agent going to a small town and trying to find a child kidnapper. The main part I remember is that he discovers a drawing in the school of man in the woods that one of the kids had drawn. I wanted to say it starred either gene hackman or tommy lee jones but from what I can tell it doesn't.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

fraggle rockist posted:

I've been trying to remember a movie from either mid-to late 90's or 2000-2001. It's about an fbi agent going to a small town and trying to find a child kidnapper. The main part I remember is that he discovers a drawing in the school of man in the woods that one of the kids had drawn. I wanted to say it starred either gene hackman or tommy lee jones but from what I can tell it doesn't.

"A Perfect World" came to my mind but I'm not sure.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107808/

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

moller posted:

I assume you're looking for the completely excellent Born Invincible.

http://i.imgur.com/0UsF8.jpg

Mother of God. I'd given up hope and then bam!

The second I saw the hair I knew it was right. Thanks!

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

zombieman posted:

I have no idea if this is from a film or TV, but there's someone behind glass (I think it's a bank) and and someone shoots it. When the first person smugly points out that it's bullet-proof, someone proceeds to smash it with a sledgehammer.

This almost sounds like a joke from Futurama or Family Guy. Was this live action?

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

That's one happy fucking egg!

CzarChasm posted:

This almost sounds like a joke from Futurama or Family Guy. Was this live action?

I'm pretty sure it was live action. I think it was pre-90s.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

fraggle rockist posted:

I'm pretty sure this is "The Pledge" with Jack Nicholson.

TheHistoryChannel
Feb 12, 2008

Morgan freeman is a surprise villan seen boarding a train in the last scene and its very shocking. The movie was a thriller.

Sorry there isn't mroe info this is all my mom gave me. Ill be amazed if someone can get this one.

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

TheHistoryChannel posted:

Morgan freeman is a surprise villan seen boarding a train in the last scene and its very shocking. The movie was a thriller.

Sorry there isn't mroe info this is all my mom gave me. Ill be amazed if someone can get this one.

Are you thinking of Samuel L Jackson at the end of Unbreakable?

TheHistoryChannel
Feb 12, 2008

She says no, unbreakable is one of her favorite flicks. My apologies in advance for the lack of info but i promised her i would post it.

Edit Ah drat this doesn't count as account sharing does it?

TheHistoryChannel fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Aug 28, 2012

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

She says no, unbreakable is one of her favorite flicks. My apologies in advance for the lack of info but i promised her i would post it.

Along Came a Spider?
It wouldn't make sense given your description but it has both Morgan Freeman and a train in it.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
It's not a train, but apparently Thick As Thieves is a thriller that ends with Morgan Freeman making a dramatic phone call from a tarmac. I had never heard of this movie.

ClearAirTurbulence
Apr 20, 2010
The earth has music for those who listen.
I saw a movie in a double feature with "Time Walker" at a drive-in in Oklahoma in the early 80s (or late 70s), and I'd like to remember the name. In the movie there are some aliens from a crashed UFO or something that the government is trying to track down, and the protagonist is trying to get them to safety. The aliens look like the typical gray aliens. There are two details I can remember that might be helpful. The first is that the aliens kill or incapacitate some people by touching them on the neck with their fingertip, which caused a hissing noise. This scared the poo poo out of me when I saw it. The other thing is that the government tells the media that the protagonists kidnapped contagious sick children as a cover story for the existence of the aliens.

I remember seeing commercials for the movie on TV before seeing it, so it was a fairly big release.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
My buddy is convinced there is a movie where this girl smears lipstick all over her face in an attempt to look crazy. We are both stumped on it and google isn't helping.

Help?

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

Regnevelc posted:

My buddy is convinced there is a movie where this girl smears lipstick all over her face in an attempt to look crazy. We are both stumped on it and google isn't helping.

Help?

Wild at Heart?

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
So she does it to appear crazy, or because she's actually crazy?

If it's the latter, there's a scene with Diane Ladd in Lynch's "Wild at Heart" that fits the bill and then some.

e: ^^ beaten.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Appear crazy. Trying to get a guy not to like her. I remember her rubbing the lipstick around her lips over and over again.

E: We figured it out. It was a scene from fresh prince of bel air when he is in the cabin with Nia Long. I viewed that Wild At Heart scene.....terrifying.

Thanks for your help!!

Regnevelc fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Aug 31, 2012

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Regnevelc posted:

Appear crazy. Trying to get a guy not to like her. I remember her rubbing the lipstick around her lips over and over again.

E: We figured it out. It was a scene from fresh prince of bel air when he is in the cabin with Nia Long. I viewed that Wild At Heart scene.....terrifying.

Thanks for your help!!

There's also a scene in Boy Meets World where Topanga smears lipstick all over her face. So lipstick on the face is a more diverse scene than I would have thought.

PonchtheJedi
Feb 20, 2004

Still got some work to do...

zombieman posted:

There is a scene at the end of The Cell where Vince Vaughn finds a girl in a big bulletproof glass cube filling with water, she's almost out of air and he shoots at the glass. The bullets ricochet off and so he grabs a pipe and starts hammering at the glass, which if I remember correctly breaks it.

Maybe that's it?

Professor Clumsy
Sep 12, 2008

It is a while still till Sunrise - and in the daytime I sleep, my dear fellow, I sleep the very deepest of sleeps...

Haha, no. Rest easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spug
Dec 10, 2006

Then turn not pale, beloved snail, but come and join the dance.
I'm looking for a movie that I think was named something like "Last Days on Earth", and the DVD cover has a horizon with a huge Saturn-like planet rising (and maybe a bald dude in a suit standing on a shore). I thought this would be enough to google it, but apparently not.

The movie is post-apocalyptic – all humans in the world suddenly disappear/die in an instant, except for the people who actually died just in that instant. The main character is a bald dude who commited suicide just then. He rounds up a few other survivors and finds out why all the humans died and somehow he was involved in it (he's a scientist or something).

Spug fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Sep 3, 2012