Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

The_Fur posted:

in the related links...

http://vimeo.com/47306934

this makes the IOM TT look like a ride to the pub (which it probably is for some). There may be less obstacles around the track but the fact that they start the entire field at the same moment makes for far more insane action.

I'm going to the last road races of the season at Killalane next weekend with HNasty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sq8HkwmkJfM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sq8HkwmkJfM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GW8-2KIiNU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GW8-2KIiNU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Russian sidecar rig gets a surprise. (very loud for some reason, turn down volume before watching)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm3vCUHS--k

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Just a quick photoshoot around town before I put 'er on Craigslist. Also, Smugmug rules, Flickr drools, and as soon as I can figure out what's breaking my Flickr login, I'm migrating over.

Wit_sponge
Dec 29, 2008

FUUUCK

HNasty posted:

Just finished putting together my video of my time in Cali, if you're having trouble sleeping this is for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-kVwvlEaAo&hd=1

this is incredibly cool

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Again?

e: Not having helmet laws doesn't kill people; protesting helmet laws kills people.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I dunno, did that happen before?

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Early July, 2011. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/03/motorcyclist-dies-helmet-protest_n_889427.html Also in New York.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I like the way they worded it, makes it sound like the guy just went to a protest and kneeled down on the sidewalk and banged his head on the ground until he died. Like the monks in Vietnam lighting themselves on fire. The injustice he protested against was so grave that it demanded a human life so that the world might take notice.

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.
Guy I compete with in the nerdiest form of racing (r/c :downs: ) just built this in preparation for some big gravel ride up in WI. He bought a wrecked Ninja 650 and gave it an adventure bike makeover. Older RM forks, a (much longer the stocker) R1 shock, some spoked wheels and dual sport tires and you get this. It's... interesting:stare::fh:

Would ride :3:

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

A non-ugly Versys, would ride the hell out of that.

Raven457
Aug 7, 2002
I bought Torquemada's torture equipment on e-bay!

needknees posted:

Guy I compete with in the nerdiest form of racing (r/c :downs: ) just built this in preparation for some big gravel ride up in WI. He bought a wrecked Ninja 650 and gave it an adventure bike makeover. Older RM forks, a (much longer the stocker) R1 shock, some spoked wheels and dual sport tires and you get this.

That's loving awesome, I'd ride the poo poo out of it.

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

That's my friend's (formerly beautiful) vintage Lambretta in the middle there. Classic story: he was stopped, the car behind him was stopped, and a woman who was texting while driving hit the car behind him, resulting in what you see above. He apparently saw this coming in time to jump out of the way and get out of this pretty much uninjured.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Automatic summary execution.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

The cool thing with dumb teenagers in cars is that they mostly have dumb parents with money.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Gay Nudist Dad posted:

That's my friend's (formerly beautiful) vintage Lambretta in the middle there. Classic story: he was stopped, the car behind him was stopped, and a woman who was texting while driving hit the car behind him, resulting in what you see above. He apparently saw this coming in time to jump out of the way and get out of this pretty much uninjured.
:stonk:
Holy gently caress. Good thing.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Publicity stills of the new Ninja 300. That is a fine looking little bike.

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

slidebite posted:

:stonk:
Holy gently caress. Good thing.

Follow up:

An observer
Aug 30, 2008

where the stars are drowning and whales ferry their vast souls through the black and seamless sea
:wth: That coulda been his nuts

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

An observer posted:

:wth: That coulda been his nuts

If you look at the picture above it would've been a lot more than his nuts. Pretty much his entire body below the chest.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

That's it, everyone from 18 to 21 should be forced to use a scooter barring physical disabilities.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
I hate seeing that Lambretta mauled like that. loving texters piss me off so much.

Here's my 2004 R1150R Rockster. I really love this bike.

Halo_4am
Sep 25, 2003

Code Zombie
Oh god why is it winking at me? drat that machine tempting me to ride it!

TheScott2K posted:

Publicity stills of the new Ninja 300. That is a fine looking little bike.

I will almost definitely own one of these once they saturate and can be found on CL for a grand. What a fun and sharp little bike.

Halo_4am fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Sep 5, 2012

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

Pretty.

The wife's about to tick over 50,000 on her '02 beakster.

DILLIGAF
Nov 16, 2003

I don't know, I find it hard to take hipster/non-hipster advice from someone with a Brony avatar!

MoraleHazard posted:

I hate seeing that Lambretta mauled like that. loving texters piss me off so much.

Here's my 2004 R1150R Rockster. I really love this bike.

Those are great looking bikes, but the headlights are all o_O :pwn:

[working title]
Dec 7, 2004
Aaargh!

drat you! Nice bike.

Sold my 04 Rockster last week :(, they're awesome bikes.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

[working title], was that a standard paint job? or custom?

I mean to get some handguards on mine for winter rides; it's something that I've been putting off way too long.

clutchpuck posted:

The wife's about to tick over 50,000 on her '02 beakster.

They are nice bikes too. Good on ya for the wife riding. My wife sometimes rides passenger, but it would be awesome if she piloted. I can't complain too much though, she's a re-enactor and there's no way I'd do that regularly.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Her beakster actually bailed us out and got both of us home last year when my vstar broke down 80 miles outside of Yellowstone.

Do you have any mods on the Rockster? We have the wife's set up with a y-pipe and ceramic coated exhaust, k&n air filter, Power Commander, and a dyno tune. It had a big mid-range before but now it's way bigger from 4k-6k.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
Wow - you can almost justify exhaust/pc/tune given the gains you had on that.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
It also runs cooler and smoother, and the factory fuel surge (the manufacturer put a lot of research into the lean fuel surge I guess) is no longer an annoyance. I don't think she feels like she wasted any money on it.

clutchpuck fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Sep 5, 2012

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf
I just watched Black Rain and since it was from 1989, when America collectively thought Japan was going to take over the world, you naturally have Micheal Douglas on his tarted up Harley showing some guy on a gixxer who's boss. I would ride that Harley though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7CbMBUNC6I

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

clutchpuck posted:

Her beakster actually bailed us out and got both of us home last year when my vstar broke down 80 miles outside of Yellowstone.

Do you have any mods on the Rockster? We have the wife's set up with a y-pipe and ceramic coated exhaust, k&n air filter, Power Commander, and a dyno tune. It had a big mid-range before but now it's way bigger from 4k-6k.

Guts-wise, mine is stock. Otherwise, it has the windscreen, heavy duty cast iron head covers, heavy duty battery, and a modulated tail-light because I'm really paranoid about being hit from behind commuting to work.

How much did those mods cost for you?

Also, I'm embarrassed to admit I've never seen Black Rain. Something for Netflix shortly.

Moral_Hazard fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Sep 5, 2012

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

BitcoinRockefeller posted:

I just watched Black Rain and since it was from 1989, when America collectively thought Japan was going to take over the world, you naturally have Micheal Douglas on his tarted up Harley showing some guy on a gixxer who's boss. I would ride that Harley though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7CbMBUNC6I

I like how the bike says both SUZUKI in some sort of lettering that you would use on a mailbox, and apparently Honda over the headlight.

Thats certainly no GSXR

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

MoraleHazard posted:

Guts-wise, mine is stock. Otherwise, it has the windscreen, heavy duty cast iron head covers, heavy duty battery, and a modulated tail-light because I'm really paranoid about being hit from behind commuting to work.

How much did those mods cost for you?

I think the PCIII was about $275 and the mid-pipe was about the same. Tuning can vary a lot from place to place, it was $175 in this case.

clutchpuck fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Sep 5, 2012

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
So somewhere around 200/hp for your now custom bike. You should see what that translates to at the drag strip. My guess would be about as much as taking a large dump before riding.

I thought power commanders were meant to smooth out torque curves and take care of where there are dead spots for emissions. That dyno looks a bit smoother but pretty much the same valleys and peaks.

Also I wouldn't call 4-6k the "midrange" as much as the "powerband"

nsaP fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Sep 5, 2012

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Life would suck if I quantified everything by how it does at the drag strip. And when it redlines at 8k, midrange is power band.

You don't really get a good picture of the low throttle non surgey massive riding improvement from the WOT Dyno chart, either.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Is nsap a n8r parachute account?

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
I don't think there was ever the parachute front.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Nah, the give away is that I don't recommend that everyone buy an Aprilia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
Nah, they talk to each other in IRC, so it must be two different people.

Of course, it could be one person talking to himself using two different clients :tinfoil: