Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LARRY JEW
Jan 7, 2010

Mopey Dick

Rah! posted:

New DaVinci track, from his upcoming album "the MOEna Lisa":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_6g9TFK8LE

Sick beat, sick flow, sick song, the best yet off that album in my opinion.

This is dope by the way. I just listened to his feast or famine ep and wasn't that impressed by anything on it though, but I will be checking out his album when it drops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

Dedication 4

mediafire link: http://www.mediafire.com/?l7bqnmrhdyxz0oj

"She's so sophisticated, she catch a nigga nutting and refrigerate it" is the first line so uhhh this might be good?

edit: It's not good but it's also not completely terrible and has some funny lines. Oh well

mistermojo fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Sep 3, 2012

The Rooster
Jul 25, 2004

If you've got white people problems I feel bad for you son
I've got 99 problems but being socially privileged ain't one
http://www.livemixtapes.com/download/18551/gunplay_601_snort.html ...and new Gunplay, lots of mixtapes today.

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

mistermojo posted:

Dedication 4

mediafire link: http://www.mediafire.com/?l7bqnmrhdyxz0oj

"She's so sophisticated, she catch a nigga nutting and refrigerate it" is the first line so uhhh this might be good?

edit: It's not good but it's also not completely terrible and has some funny lines. Oh well

IT'S BAD DUDES

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008

MY MAN

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

This is pretty good and you should download it.

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with
Phat Radical Mathematical type Scriptures

Alternate link? It won't work on my phone :(

an skeleton
Apr 23, 2012

scowls @ u
Dedication 4 is not the Absolute Worst (tm) but Nicki Minaj "endorsing" Mitt Romney on it is.

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

an skeleton posted:

Dedication 4 is not the Absolute Worst (tm) but Nicki Minaj "endorsing" Mitt Romney on it is.

nickis whole verse was so bad i decided to try out gunplays mixtape instead

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Nicki hasn't had a good verse in 2011 or 2012.

TenaciousTomato
Jul 17, 2007

Interworld and the New Innocence
i skipped that track, and the remix one. then i went to gunplay. gunplay's tapped.

lil wayne had some good bars but i have to doubt he comes up with any of it himself

but what the gently caress do i know

E:
talib was aight too, idk whether to put his tape above or below wayne

TenaciousTomato fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Sep 4, 2012

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XF4ROEVTLXI

To accompany the mixtape, only gunplay would show a black guy committing domestic violence on a pregnant white woman. Plus the song owns.

The Flying Milton
Jan 18, 2005

Best news I've heard all day.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Cool Buff Man posted:

Jesus christ.

Are you seriously about to troll again ha?

Anyway, Gunplay is pretty good. I first gave a poo poo about him after hearing his verse on Pill's "Don't Let Me Go" from MMG Vol. 1. Is he slated for a debut album yet, or does he not have enough buzz?

John Brown fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Sep 4, 2012

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Seriously

Listen to the most recent Combat Jack podcast. He had The Dopplegangaz on and they freestyled. Its funny as hell.

Episode
1:17 Interview
1:55 Freestyle

temple fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Sep 4, 2012

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Just listened to Dedication 4, poo poo is pretty disappointing. After the abomination that was the Carter IV I don't know why I expected anything else. It is pretty clear that Dedication 2 will now go down as Wayne's best mixtape of his career. Am I missing something?

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with
My new 1 hour commute lets me listen to 2 full mixtapes/albumns a day, it's great. I picked 8ball and MJG's first album On top of the World last night, and drat, it's one of my new favs.

About to grt into that new Gunplay tho.

Paul Pot
Mar 4, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post

thathonkey posted:

Just listened to Dedication 4, poo poo is pretty disappointing. After the abomination that was the Carter IV I don't know why I expected anything else. It is pretty clear that Dedication 2 will now go down as Wayne's best mixtape of his career. Am I missing something?

ya, drought 3

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

thathonkey posted:

I was a huge fan of No Ceilings. But as the guy above me said, Drought 3 was great. Drought 1 is one of my favs too.

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

an skeleton posted:

haha what song is it cuz I don't wanna listen to the whole thing

Edit: Nvm I found it and it wasn't even that funny. I thought this youtube comment was hilarious though:

quote:

Nicki Minaj supports Mitt Romney in a song while Lil Wayne remains pro-choice by delivering an abortion in the same song.

Starks fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Sep 4, 2012

THNDRTHF
Apr 14, 2004

so much for
bein' optimistic
aight, finally subscribed to the Combat Jack podcast, will report back

e: dope thx

THNDRTHF fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Sep 4, 2012

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
gunplay ends 106&S with his version of a drake track

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah
I wasn't sold on Gunplay but this tape's pretty good, MMG does a good job of putting out consistently above average music.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA
Lil Wayne bit a line from Detroit's X-Factor which wasn't that clever to begin with.

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

an skeleton posted:

I actually stopped listening here, the rest of it could be illmatic for all i care.

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Gunplay mixtape rules. Also he is a lot more performative/queer than he originally let on. A little light in his loafers.

an skeleton
Apr 23, 2012

scowls @ u

the black husserl posted:

I actually stopped listening here, the rest of it could be illmatic for all i care.

me too. poo poo was embarrassing.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Havent heard it yet. Is that on "Mercy"?

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with

the black husserl posted:

Gunplay mixtape rules. Also he is a lot more performative/queer than he originally let on. A little light in his loafers.

Ya but so is almost every rapper in my opinion. Gunplay is really entertaining.

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

dethkon posted:

Ya but so is almost every rapper in my opinion. Gunplay is really entertaining.

Im complimenting him. I used to love early lil wayne, who was the Gay King of Rap Music.

doctor thodt
Apr 2, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9DMMSkRNg8

How can you not like Big Sean? Seriously.

His mixtape drops tomorrow at 6 btw.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

this gunplay mixtape is great, "Bible on the dash" in specific I keep replaying. What other mixtapes by him are worth checking out? I've liked youtubes of his but hes rather prolific and I havent bothered to download anything.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Bible on the dash is pretty good. I'd say you're good when I notice how lovely the features are instead of the main guy. Gunplay is closer to hood than what people consider to be hood. What do you think about a Gunplay + Danny Brown callobo?

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008

temple posted:

What do you think about a Gunplay + Danny Brown callobo?

STRAIGHT CHILLS MANE POWERFUL POSTING

HORNEY VAPE BRO
Jun 14, 2009

D4 is straight meh, Weezy barely outshines a 9 year old delinquent on "Get Smoked." Twista's new tape Reloaded is great, exactly what I love and expect from Twista. Great beat selection and features from Ab Soul, Shawnna and Young Buk (the real one from Chicago not the fake rear end lovely one that got kicked out of G Unit or whatever)

psychicsecession
Jan 15, 2011

doctor thodt posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9DMMSkRNg8

How can you not like Big Sean? Seriously.

His mixtape drops tomorrow at 6 btw.

idk b/c he's corny as hell???

an skeleton
Apr 23, 2012

scowls @ u
I'll be one of the people to openly admit they like Big Sean. Yes he completely embraces the modern swag-rap style but he's honestly pretty dope besides looking sort of like a crack head who stumbled through a BAPE boutique or whatever.

I'm looking forward to Trap God more than anything else, tho

Mosaic Perception
Sep 18, 2009

by XyloJW

Max Overthruster posted:

D4 is straight meh, Weezy barely outshines a 9 year old delinquent on "Get Smoked." Twista's new tape Reloaded is great, exactly what I love and expect from Twista. Great beat selection and features from Ab Soul, Shawnna and Young Buk (the real one from Chicago not the fake rear end lovely one that got kicked out of G Unit or whatever)

of course the new Twista is great. It's loving Twista. That being said I'm with you. Full endorsement. Head nodding out to that poo poo. Goes hard. I was all "Man some of this sounds like some old memphis poo poo" then it happened...Feat. Juicy J. Oh.

edit: Detox should be written by Kendrick and Twista.

Mosaic Perception fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Sep 5, 2012

OH WORD SON
Apr 21, 2006
new macklemore- ive gone back 9 pages and havent seen it-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QK8mJJJvaes

Decent video too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mosaic Perception
Sep 18, 2009

by XyloJW

OH WORD SON posted:

new macklemore- ive gone back 9 pages and havent seen it-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QK8mJJJvaes

Decent video too

Well I for one will be popping my pussy to that. Welcome to the charts I guess? It's got rhythm but...If that poo poo is banging so hard (going by views) how does this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TvUb8THUq4

Not take off??? I mean I get why it's rhetorical but at the same time gently caress everything. I'm gonna go to sixth street this weekend and chincheck hipsters.

Decent video too. Though admittedly Termanology is no LMFAO!

Mosaic Perception fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Sep 5, 2012

• Locked thread