Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Well this is me, my fiancé snapped this, I look sorta smug/high:

DSC_1900.jpg by Wasa81, on Flickr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Danger
Oct 13, 2010

Gee Gee Baby Baby

Impact Damage posted:

Hey! I just happened to do just that earlier last week. Please excuse the instagriphonography

This made me want to dig up my old GB Camera. Managed to find the whole kit but it's certainly seen better days...

1999 by DONT SLEEP, on Flickr

Still had all my childhood photos saved on it. I wasn't a very good photographer in 1999. I wasn't even cool enough to own the printer :(

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

Yes the truck was moving and no I don't care how unsafe that is.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

This is exactly what I would imagine a Reichstag self-portrait to look like.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

hunting megafauna at Blackwater Draw Locality No. 1

Imaginary Friend
Jan 27, 2010

Your Best Friend
Hi! Here's me making a face and looking like a dirty monkey!

Monkey Me by An Imaginary Friend, on Flickr

pr0digal
Sep 12, 2008

Alan Rickman Overdrive
Picked up an AB800 kit and of course the only thing I've used it for is to take pictures of myself.

Self Portrait Diptych by Ethan Hansen Photography, on Flickr

Strobist is a bare 430EX at 1/2 power camera left providing edge light. AB800 in shoot through 51-inch umbrella camera right at either 1/2 or 1/4 power; I forget. Triggered by CyberSyncs

I can never not look SUPER SERIOUS in photos

pr0digal fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Sep 9, 2012

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Snapped a pic while I was setting up an experiment today.

DSC_0109.jpg by MrDespair, on Flickr

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

I need to do the dishes, I'm so embarrassed :o:

dakana
Aug 28, 2006
So I packed up my Salvador Dali print of two blindfolded dental hygienists trying to make a circle on an Etch-a-Sketch and headed for California.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I need to do the dishes, I'm so embarrassed :o:

That looks like a highly ineffective colander.

maxmars
Nov 20, 2006

Ad bestias!

8th-samurai posted:

Yes the truck was moving and no I don't care how unsafe that is.

I see your white fattish bearded man picture and raise you a white fattish beardless man picture:

Autoscatto di maxmars70, su Flickr

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Young Orc
Beardless is not a raise :colbert:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

dakana posted:

That looks like a highly ineffective colander.

It's still so loving weird seeing you without that mop on your head

real nap shit
Feb 2, 2008

I'm new to self portraits and photography in general, but good photos are really cool so I am trying to take them.

real nap shit fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Sep 12, 2012

maxmars
Nov 20, 2006

Ad bestias!

8th-samurai posted:

Beardless is not a raise :colbert:

Pffft. Hygiene, man.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

maxmars posted:

Pffft. Hygiene, man.

I see you have hair on the top of your head. If you can shampoo that you can shampoo a beard. Noted does not not apply if you are a heavy soup or other liquid food eater.

David Pratt
Apr 21, 2001
Made a DIY bounce wall.

And took this with it outside:

256/366 DIY Bounce-Wall Self Portrait by fuglsnef, on Flickr

Need a longer wire coathanger I think.

Damienz
Sep 4, 2012

Sovi3t
Jan 11, 2005
purple monkey dishwasher

20120920-IMG_1444.jpg by SacktapDeluxe, on Flickr

I.. I don't know..

psylent
Nov 29, 2000

Pillbug

20KM into a half marathon I took a flying leap off a ramp. :cool:

Mannequin
Mar 8, 2003
Would you say this is an OK self portrait? I shot it two years ago, I haven't changed much except lost a bit of weight. Is the B&W conversion not quite right or does it look okay? Does the hand look stupid? I know I look kind of serious in it but I am a pretty serious person so I would rather have a serious look than a smiley face.

Do you feel it needs brightening? What do you think of a square crop? Perhaps I should brighten up my eyes?

Mannequin fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Sep 23, 2012

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

I think your hand is fine where it is. I don't know if the picture needs to be brighter overall, but it could use some better-defined highlights-- right now your buttons are competing for attention with your eyes.

I think the square crop is a little claustrophobic, but a 5x4 crop favouring the left side of the image might work out alright if you're trying to tighten up the composition a little more.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
These are going to look like poo poo, but eh. Promised my niece I'd post 'em, as she's the one who took them.
Me in the house

Me burning things.

maxmars
Nov 20, 2006

Ad bestias!
Should probably crop this better, on the lower part. But I don't want to upset the photog.

(Self) Portrait di maxmars70, su Flickr

nonanone
Oct 25, 2007

Mannequin posted:

Would you say this is an OK self portrait? I shot it two years ago, I haven't changed much except lost a bit of weight. Is the B&W conversion not quite right or does it look okay? Does the hand look stupid? I know I look kind of serious in it but I am a pretty serious person so I would rather have a serious look than a smiley face.

Do you feel it needs brightening? What do you think of a square crop? Perhaps I should brighten up my eyes?

The crop up top kind of makes it look like you've got no hair up top. Even if you don't, you could fake that bit so it looks like you do. It depends on what you're using the picture for. If it's for selling yourself, it's really quite off-putting, and even if you look goofy with a smile, it's a lot more comfortable. If it's for artistic purposes, I think however you actually are is probably how it should go, and if it's for facebook, you need a much higher angle, as if a phone is tilted towards your face. The hand looks kind of stupid no matter what though.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

`*~{ Square Crop }~*`

Rubber Slug
Aug 7, 2010

THE BLUE DEMON RIDES AGAIN

Self Portrait by Wilkes Photography, on Flickr

My first try at a real self portrait. Also my first attempt to actually use Flickr.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Was messing around after playing a wedding gig at the shore today. Haven't tried many self portraits. Shot with a 16mm, so I tried to minimize the distortion in post.

DSC08934.jpg by Paul Hofreiter, on Flickr

Elite Taco
Feb 3, 2010

Mannequin posted:

I don't think this looks like you at all. Granted, I've only spent an afternoon with you, but if T1000 asked me if I'd seen this man I'd have to say no.

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

rio posted:

Was messing around after playing a wedding gig at the shore today. Haven't tried many self portraits. Shot with a 16mm, so I tried to minimize the distortion in post.

There's a really nice film quality to this.

maxmars
Nov 20, 2006

Ad bestias!
I don't seem to be able to have enough of self portraits these days..

Self portrait di maxmars70, su Flickr

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

whereismyshoe
Oct 21, 2008

that's not gone well...

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
There's a rather silly thread in GBS at the moment.

Execudork Lifts His Loveseat by Execudork, on Flickr

Elite Taco
Feb 3, 2010
I got a ringlight:

Mannequin
Mar 8, 2003

nonanone posted:

The crop up top kind of makes it look like you've got no hair up top. Even if you don't, you could fake that bit so it looks like you do. It depends on what you're using the picture for. If it's for selling yourself, it's really quite off-putting, and even if you look goofy with a smile, it's a lot more comfortable. If it's for artistic purposes, I think however you actually are is probably how it should go, and if it's for facebook, you need a much higher angle, as if a phone is tilted towards your face. The hand looks kind of stupid no matter what though.

I'm not very good at taking self-portraits. I haven't done enough of them to really get good, as it requires a certain amount of familiarity with yourself, I think, to achieve something good -- unless you just get lucky. Some people are naturally good at self-portraits and that becomes their main focus. Anyway, I appreciate the critique even though you think "the hand looks stupid no matter what"! It wasn't planned that way. I think I probably took 20 or so shots and just found a position that felt relaxed and took the picture.

rio posted:

I think this is a great self-portrait that you should definitely keep. Great moment.

Elite Taco posted:

I got a ringlight:

Pipe down there, Mr. Hot Shot! Ooooh, you've got a ringlight. You want a medal? Huh?? You know I could make a ring light out of tupperware.

Nah, I'm kidding. You look pretty bling there. Keep it up!

woot fatigue
Apr 18, 2007

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Whether "it" is photography skill or spandex, you've still got it.

woot fatigue
Apr 18, 2007

GWBBQ posted:

Whether "it" is photography skill or spandex, you've still got it.

Unfortunately I have to give credit to my girlfriend for the idea, outfit, and photography on this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

woot fatigue posted:

Unfortunately I have to give credit to my girlfriend for the idea, outfit, and photography on this one.
Either way it's awesome.

• Locked thread