Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
Having known some Truthers in my time, this one is masterful: 9/11 Truther Convinced Government Destroyed Past 11 Years Of His Life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Google's 9/11 Homepage Design Stirs Controversy

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
Gap Between Rich And Poor Named 8th Wonder Of The World

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Google's 9/11 Homepage Design Stirs Controversy

Holy poo poo!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh my loving God

20th Century Fox Green-Lights "United 93 vs Predator"

No words, should have sent a poet....

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Mitt Romney Reaches Out To Young Voters With Laser Tag Pizza Party

quote:

“Hey, gang, come grab a slice of pizza and play all the games you want!” the 65-year-old candidate shouted while handing out video game tokens and Romney 2012 lick-and-stick tattoos.

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008

Segmentation Fault posted:

Obama's 19-Year-Old Son Makes Rare Appearance At DNC

The Onion is engineering content for Literally Unbelievable now. I love it.

So many people got suckered by this article that it now has a Snopes page: Rising Son.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
I thought of another old timey one:
Study: Children of divorce twice as likely to write bad poetry

The Duke of Ben
Jul 12, 2005
Listen, if you're not going to tell me how the entire world economic, political, and social order can be completely replaced in every detail, then I think maybe you should consider that this is the best of all possible worlds.

Check and mate.

"Sources confirmed that the plot was revealed due to newly uncovered FBI intelligence in the form of phone calls and e-mails between al-Qaeda agents intercepted by counterterrorism experts; alerts from the intelligence agencies and governments of Italy, Jordan, the United Kingdom, and Egypt regarding an impending major attack on American soil using hijacked airplanes; testimony from a number of terror suspects under interrogation; an Aug. 6, 2001, presidential briefing titled “Bin Laden Determined To Strike In U.S.”; millions of pictures of the burning Twin Towers and subsequent rubble at Ground Zero; hundreds of national news and radio broadcasts; interviews with witnesses and first responders at the scene; countless newspaper articles; candlelight vigils and memorial services around the world for victims of the tragedy; videos of al-Qaeda leaders taking credit for the attacks; the 2006 Oliver Stone film World Trade Center; and thousands of hours of archived footage on YouTube of the planes flying into the buildings.

Mueller also cited the 2004 9/11 Commission Report as the agency’s most comprehensive and reliable source of intelligence confirming the likelihood of the attacks."

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
Hot on the heels of his appalling display from yesterday - Romney: 'We Should Never Apologize For American Values Or Japanese Internment Camps'

The punchline is especially great, since this is exactly what he did when asked how his administration would have handled the attacks:

quote:

When asked by reporters what American values are exactly, or what the phrase American values even means, Romney stared at the press, blinked several times, and walked off stage.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Was it Bush 1 that literally said in a speech that he would never apologize for any action by America?

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Was it Bush 1 that literally said in a speech that he would never apologize for any action by America?
Reagan I think.

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

According to Literally Unbelievable, people really seem to be falling for this story.

Obama will never smell dat sit again.

EDIT: Also, the 10th episode of Sex House is up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s31fWsk6lMQ

Friends Are Evil has a new favorite as of 23:32 on Sep 13, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

You're G right? That guy can't be serious, it's like he intentionally hit every single terrible talking point in one sentence.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

:nws:No One Murdered Because Of This Image:nws:

quote:

WASHINGTON—Following the publication of the image above, in which the most cherished figures from multiple religious faiths were depicted engaging in a lascivious sex act of considerable depravity, no one was murdered, beaten, or had their lives threatened, sources reported Thursday. The image of the Hebrew prophet Moses high-fiving Jesus Christ as both are having their erect penises vigorously masturbated by Ganesha, all while the Hindu deity anally penetrates Buddha with his fist, reportedly went online at 6:45 p.m. EDT, after which not a single bomb threat was made against the organization responsible, nor did the person who created the cartoon go home fearing for his life in any way. Though some members of the Jewish, Christian, Hindu, and Buddhist faiths were reportedly offended by the image, sources confirmed that upon seeing it, they simply shook their heads, rolled their eyes, and continued on with their day.
The picture is exactly as described.

iamathousandapples
Jul 12, 2012

ultrafilter posted:

Tempting fate there, Onion...

chrmnbill
Feb 17, 2011

iamathousandapples posted:

Tempting fate there, Onion...

That's really not the point at all.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

"I'll never apologize for the United States of America. Ever. I don't care what the facts are." - George H.W. Bush, after a US warship shot down an Iranian civilian airliner, killing 248.

CrunchyTaco
Dec 25, 2007

R. Mute posted:

"I'll never apologize for the United States of America. Ever. I don't care what the facts are." - George H.W. Bush, after a US warship shot down an Iranian civilian airliner, killing 248.

God Bless This U S and A

Sent from the top of a giant water slide

Eb
May 6, 2003

ultrafilter posted:

It would certainly make for a great political cartoon.

(I hear Ganesha gives a mean trunkjob)

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008
Instead of the usual dark Onion stories that get posted, here is an absurd one: New Roomba Blender Makes Smoothie Out Of Everything In Its Path.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
With Romney loving smirking about the deaths at the embassy, this article is less grotesque than actual reality.

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?
http://www.theonion.com/articles/munchstrosity-created-in-fritolayboratory,29587/

:350:

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008

Reminds of a classic video: Domino's Tests Limits Of What Humans Will Eat.

Also, Taco Bell's New Green Menu Takes No Ingredients From Nature.

And speaking of :350:, Everyone Involved In Pizza's Preparation, Delivery, Purchase Extremely High

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Well yeah, but all those make some sort of point. This one is just an absurdist barrage of puns. It's not even satire, it's just gently caress IT, LET'S DO SOME PUNS. And it's glorious.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Well yeah, but all those make some sort of point. This one is just an absurdist barrage of puns. It's not even satire, it's just gently caress IT, LET'S DO SOME PUNS. And it's glorious.
Given how reality's been outpacing the satirical articles lately, I can't say I blame them.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Evil Mastermind posted:

Given how reality's been outpacing the satirical articles lately, I can't say I blame them.

I saw the Santorum "Smart People" comment this weekend, I honestly thought it was a joke headline.

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?
In a similar vein, Fritolaysia Cuts Off Chiplomatic Relations With Snakistan

Mura
Feb 3, 2008
Newborn Loses Faith in Humanity After Record 6 Days

Aaaaaaand we're right back into the darkness.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Mura posted:

There's just one guy on the staff who's like "Come on guys, let's do fun stuff :smith:" and everyone else is incredibly depressed and cynical and telling him to go gently caress himself.

Look a sunflower
Jan 6, 2010

There may be a boogeyman or boogeymen in the house.
I think this was just a headline, because I couldn't click it.

"Bundle Of Kale Placed In Fridge Knows How This Will End"

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mura posted:

Jesus Christ, that last line is probably the worst (as in horrible) thing they've ever written.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

There's just one guy on the staff who's like "Come on guys, let's do fun stuff :smith:" and everyone else is incredibly depressed and cynical and telling him to go gently caress himself.

If you listen to the This American Life segment, it sounds like it's actually the opposite. It's just that the depressed cynical guy happens to also be the senior staff writer.

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.

Mura posted:

U.S. Populace Lurches Methodically Through The Motions For Yet Another Day The Onion has pretty much always been magnificently dark.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

pangstrom posted:

re: NPR show

Favorite rejected headline: "Gay Retard Teased"

I laugh every time I think of the phrase "Ghost just dropped in to say 'boo!'" and the huge argument it caused:

This American Life posted:

Ira Glass: But this disagreement wasn't even close to the biggest fight they've all had lately. That fight, I'm told, was over the headline, "Ghost just dropped by to say boo." One group 100% hated it. One group 100% loved it. People raised their voices. One usually mild-mannered editor walked out in protest.

Joe Randazzo: I guess people kind of read it as like a third grade joke book joke.

Ira Glass: Editor Joe Randazzo says it was an existential fight about what kind of paper they were, that would or would not publish such a thing.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
"U.S Stronger Than Ever, Say Quadragon Officials" is my favorite rejected headline.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

"U.S Stronger Than Ever, Say Quadragon Officials" is my favorite rejected headline.

That wasn't rejected.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

'I Spilled My Soda,' Report Nation's Dopes

quote:

Thirty-four-year-old Amarillo, TX dope Louis Renaldo told reporters he was concerned about the potentially embarrassing social implications of having spilled his soda.

"People are going to think I peed my pants," Renaldo said while standing outside a local 7-Eleven. "But I didn't pee my pants. I spilled my soda."

"I still got this Slim Jim, though," added Renaldo, holding up the snack food at face-level.

7-eleven does not exist in Amarillo. I'm beginning to doubt the reliability of this news source. :colbert:

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vm1U5E44W90

I'm a bit late on this, but I was just catching up on some Week in Reviews I hadn't seen recently and the part about Putin loving slayed me. Oh my god.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

That wasn't rejected.

I believe the rejected one was the version that didn't make it into the 9/11 issue:

"Everything is fine," Says Quadragon officials.