Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

jivjov posted:

Wait...what are they upset about? If they're PC gamers too, now they now how to get more gold keys and such. If they're console gamers, they wouldn't be playing with us anyway.

I went and looked and the angriest guy I saw said that he was mad because "some people" preordered more than one copy of borderlands to get more preorder bonuses and "those people" are put out by making it so easy for a person who only bought the game once to get just as much or more poo poo than he got.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Supposedly the keys can be obtained by just playing the game, but they are pretty rare.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

thetrin posted:

I personally really miss the ability to shoot people to heal them.
This is in the Siren skill tree now

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
Oh sweet. And here I was bummed I accidentally used one of my two keys because I didn't know that was the chest that used them. Now I have 252 or something.

I wonder how it works exactly though, because it seems like once you add +255 you can't change the amount on the character anymore at all by editing the UI again. Is it a one time deal?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I think someone discovered that if you want more keys, you can just create a new character and it will transfer over to your other characters. I have yet to try this.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Is there a way to transfer inventory items between characters on the same account without muling? Because my Siren currently has a bunch of Commando skins my...Commando would like.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Occupation posted:

Is there a way to transfer inventory items between characters on the same account without muling? Because my Siren currently has a bunch of Commando skins my...Commando would like.

Claptrap's stash in Sanctuary is specifically for this.

rizuhbull
Mar 30, 2011

Lemon King posted:

Then try adding the WillowDLC.ini lines to WillowGame.ini

e: Zero has 4 fingers btw. :tinfoil:

Can you expand on this a bit? Like a couple others in here, I don't have a DLC folder in the Borderlands 2 files, but would love to have the DLC. I looked through your past posts in this thread by the way.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Maybe someone has mentioned it already but the magenta weapons are e-tech guns as opposed to the darker purple ones.

washow
Dec 1, 2007

Here you go, op :toot:
I forwarded bunch of ports I found on the 2kgames support website AND just enabled DMZ. That's how I got to play with my friend ugh

JrodOwnz
Jun 28, 2004

GunblazeGriffin posted:

I can't seem to find a way to increase the count again by editing the .ini file. I've verified the integrity of the local cache, edited the .ini, saved it, closed out of Borderlands 2 and Steam, and restarted Steam, but my count remains the same.

It's possible that (as someone else in the thread mentioned), you only get the 255 when you first activate the premiere club DLC.

Am I just screwing this up, or has anyone else figured out a way to increase their count again without a save editor?

The 256 count is added to your profile.bin located along side your save data. The profile data is basically maxed at 256 forever. The only way to get 256 again would be to start a newgame, but first save or make a backup of your current savedata/profile.bin.

Token Cracker
Dec 22, 2004
Tiny Tina is about the craziest character I've ever seen. I don't even know...

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Claptrap's stash in Sanctuary is specifically for this.

So did I waste those skins by using them on my commando?

Token Cracker
Dec 22, 2004

Athenry posted:

So did I waste those skins by using them on my commando?

Pretty sure they apply to all your characters ala badass ranks.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Adraeus posted:

Posted in the wrong thread. Probably already been posted here. EDIT: Hey, whaddya know! Been posted here several times.

I only had UnlockID2, what are the other 3? I put them in the file, but have not seen anything new for it.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
So my "Assassinate the Assassins" sidequest is bugged. It's stuck at 2 check boxes for killing the 3rd out of 4 assassins and will not progress even when I kill the 4th dude. I think I might have forgot to grab the audio tape from the 3rd guy, ended up quitting and playing later by which time it was gone.

Not a huge deal but I hope this isn't possible in very many other quests. The few quests that would glitch out in the first game were frustrating, I was hoping not to run into that issue again so soon in the sequel. I want you off my quest list damnit! :argh:

JrodOwnz posted:

The 256 count is added to your profile.bin located along side your save data. The profile data is basically maxed at 256 forever. The only way to get 256 again would be to start a newgame, but first save or make a backup of your current savedata/profile.bin.

So by doing this you would reset your "account's" gold key amount while keeping your save game going, essentially refreshing your key amount back up to 255?

Damo fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Sep 19, 2012

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
I don't like Loot Goliaths anymore, I got killed by one's box landing on me and when my bro revived me, I was stuck in the box :(

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

The White Dragon posted:

I don't like Loot Goliaths anymore, I got killed by one's box landing on me and when my bro revived me, I was stuck in the box :(

Impressive.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Token Cracker posted:

Tiny Tina is about the craziest character I've ever seen. I don't even know...

The way she changes her voice reminds me of Sweetie from Tiny Toons.

Also I think she's stupid.

Pumpkinreaper
Jan 19, 2010
I think Goliath's are my favourite enemy in this game now. They act all mellow and want to be your friend at first, then you shoot off their mask and they kill all their friends, levelling up at the same time.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

This is my workhorse. I am level 25 and it is still utterly dominating everything. I just wish I had infinite shotgun ammo.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Pumpkinreaper posted:

I think Goliath's are my favourite enemy in this game now. They act all mellow and want to be your friend at first, then you shoot off their mask and they kill all their friends, levelling up at the same time.

I like how the mask keeps them relatively docile but stupid and when you shoot it off they get their fuckin' vocabulary back. "Mistake... That was a big... loving... MISTAKE!!!"

Also, I fought Wilhelm. Literally stood in one spot and dumped into him with a corrosion SMG to win. Very disappointing considering the big honking life bar he has.

Adraeus
Jan 25, 2008

by Y Kant Ozma Post

JrodOwnz posted:

Or use Cheat Engine...

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Someone try binding a key in one of the inis (I forget which) to

tiledshot 6 128

with a key for

togglescreenshotmode

to toggle the hud.

As a test.

FreyaXI
May 1, 2011
So out of curiosity has anyone seen Micheal Mamaril yet on PC? I've searched every single time I've gone back to Sanctuary and he just doesn't exist.. at all..

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007
They were all out of Marquess.

FreyaXI posted:

So out of curiosity has anyone seen Micheal Mamaril yet on PC? I've searched every single time I've gone back to Sanctuary and he just doesn't exist.. at all..
I found him right next to the news stand in the central plaza. I'm not sure if he moves around or not.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Oh jeez. I think I bugged my game. The talking shotgun bugged out and won't shut up even though I put it in the bank and am using a completely different weapon. It's kind of annoying!

FreyaXI
May 1, 2011

Al Baron posted:

I found him right next to the news stand in the central plaza. I'm not sure if he moves around or not.

Thing is I checked every single one of his spawns and no dice, over the span of 4 hours no not a single spawn. Albeit this isn't sitting in sanctuary but pleh ah well.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Torgue guns remind me so much of Orkish technology with that checkerboard pattern. I hope Gearbox will eventually put out a gunsmithing DLC or whatever, I need to smash that poo poo together with Bandit tech for that 40k feeling.

Verror
May 10, 2012

Playing with friends is pretty silly. It took 2 individual explanations to 2 separate people to get the point across that we couldn't see their reload animation, no matter how cool it was. If only. :allears:

Monster w21 Faces
May 11, 2006

"What the fuck is that?"
"What the fuck is this?!"

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Oh jeez. I think I bugged my game. The talking shotgun bugged out and won't shut up even though I put it in the bank and am using a completely different weapon. It's kind of annoying!

Sell it then buy it back?

Attention Horse
Jan 5, 2012

Yo man, you are out of step with Imhotep!
drat, soundtrack in the Fink's Slaughterhouse is brilliant. Completely different from the rest of the game, I really want to listen to it outside the game but I can't find it anywhere :(.

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

We can rule them like gods! ...Angry gods.

Attention Horse posted:

drat, soundtrack in the Fink's Slaughterhouse is brilliant. Completely different from the rest of the game, I really want to listen to it outside the game but I can't find it anywhere :(.

I've run into a few songs I like, but they don't seem to appear to have any rhyme or reason. I was driving around the big fat mechanic lady's area (Dust..something?) and some really dramatic, guitar-heavy song came on for no reason, then faded out like 15 seconds later. I thought maybe I stumbled into a rare mob or a random boss or something, but I couldn't figure out what I triggered... :confused:

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Attention Horse posted:

Is it not on the Soundtrack? http://www.amazon.com/Borderlands-Original-Soundtrack-Jesper-Kyd/dp/B0090CDRC2

And speaking of the sound track, the intro song is GD amazing.

GunblazeGriffin
Jan 27, 2009

JrodOwnz posted:

Thanks! I'll try that out this afternoon.

oogs
Dec 6, 2011
I'm a fan of the music at MOxxxy's. It's very (new) Tron-like.

Attention Horse
Jan 5, 2012

Thanks, I didn't recognize it at first but it's "Bandit Slaughter".

edit: I'm so dumb, even the quest in the Fink's Slaughterhouse is called "Bandit Slaughter" :cripes:.

Attention Horse fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Sep 19, 2012

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
Got to play with friends last night, total blast in co-op. Have a few questions though:

1) Is Siren the only class with a 'team heal' skill?

2) So weapon proficiencies are gone? I don't see progress bars for the weapons and I see no mentions of certain classes excelling with certain weapons.

Attention Horse
Jan 5, 2012

Require More Fire posted:

2) So weapon proficiencies are gone? I don't see progress bars for the weapons and I see no mentions of certain classes excelling with certain weapons.

Proficiencies are completely gone. Use whatever you want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Attention Horse posted:

Proficiencies are completely gone. Use whatever you want.

You know, I think this is why I'm enjoying this game so much more than the first. Nothing more annoying than lining up a sniper rifle shot and having it miss because you're underleveled.

• Locked thread