Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Looks like the latest tables just hit iOS :dance:

Harley Davidson/Taxi and Elvira and the Party Monsters/No Good Gofers

Trying to buy everything on my iPad and I get that restore owned tables and I enter my iTunes password and then it says I have to connect to the Internet to proceed, but I'm connected to the Internet? Another farsight problem?

I can purchase all the other table packs but pack 5 gives me that error.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006
Friday nights are for Wapner!

Everybody is having that problem. I have it and many people on Facebook have the same error.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Der-Wreck posted:

Everybody is having that problem. I have it and many people on Facebook have the same error.

Ya I just saw all the Facebook posts. Another fine release by farsight.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
Yup, not working for me either. Taxi is totally playable though cause its the free table of the month, SO YAY :v:

KamikazeJim
Sep 15, 2006

oh fuck are you seeing this bomb man. ARE YOU SEEING THIS?

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Yup, not working for me either. Taxi is totally playable though cause its the free table of the month, SO YAY :v:

When I try to play Taxi on my iPod Touch, it gives me the same error as everyone else but I can play Harley-Davidson just fine without downloading it. :confuoot:

Edit: Newsletter just went out, and the next two tables are Scared Stiff and Big Shot (finally, Gottlieb gets shown some more love.)

KamikazeJim fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Sep 28, 2012

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Reporting same error. If Farsight wasn't occupying such a tiny niche everyone would have given up on them months ago. This is awful.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
I'm guessing the app came out but their servers don't have the updates enabled cause the older tables behave normally.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

KamikazeJim posted:

When I try to play Taxi on my iPod Touch, it gives me the same error as everyone else but I can play Harley-Davidson just fine without downloading it. :confuoot:

Taxi was updated in this update, so you'd need to re-download it.

These are up on Android and playing perfectly!

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
Huh, this update also messes up the menus. Half of the tables no longer play their themes in the selection screen.

Mr. Met
Jan 14, 2008

Personally I preferred the mixed nuts caper!
I am pretty frustrated that Black Knight/Creature still aren't out for Xbox, but having a plethora of tables for another platform, all of them extremely buggy, might be even worse.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Original_Z posted:

Huh, this update also messes up the menus. Half of the tables no longer play their themes in the selection screen.

I had to redownload a bunch of the tables on iPad, I think they've been updated in this last patch

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Dre2Dee2 posted:

I had to redownload a bunch of the tables on iPad, I think they've been updated in this last patch

If I remember right, TotAN, BH, ToM, MM, FH, CV, and BK were all updated in the Taxi/HD update.

sethsez
Jul 14, 2006

He's soooo dreamy...

The update seems to be working just fine on Android, which is great because Elvira and the Party Monsters is one of my all time favorite tables and this is a drat good version of it.

No Good Gofers has never been one of my favorites and this doesn't change that. The theme is obnoxious and the table is so cluttered it's hard to see where your ball is half the time.

And for the upcoming tables, Scared Stiff is an absolute classic and Big Shot... well, I'm glad to see more Gottlieb finally, and I'm glad to see older tables get represented, but this was never one of my favorites. Though I'm not sure what I'd replace it with... Haunted House is great but it's also basically just Black Hole+, and I love Genesis but it's not widely considered a classic or anything. Hopefully we'll at least get TX-Sector at some point.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
Black Knight on PS3 has the two-level sensitivity on the flipper buttons and it's loving me up because I'm used to the PHoF version. Getting those upper flippers to work when I want them to is frustrating; I guess I should switch control to L2 and R2 for finer control.

Also why can't we get the PHoF smart cam in PA? PA is similar but not exactly the same and it makes Black Knight and Funhouse not as fun.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Wait, we're getting Genesis and Big Shot? Genesis looked cool from the gameplay video I saw on PAPA's Vimeo channel.

sethsez
Jul 14, 2006

He's soooo dreamy...

Zeether posted:

Wait, we're getting Genesis and Big Shot? Genesis looked cool from the gameplay video I saw on PAPA's Vimeo channel.

Nope, nothing said about Genesis other than me saying I'd rather have it than Big Shot, which we are getting.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

My friend owns Genesis, it's a fun table. It's worth it just for the completely ridiculous backboard art.

Mr. Met
Jan 14, 2008

Personally I preferred the mixed nuts caper!

Discount Viscount posted:

Also why can't we get the PHoF smart cam in PA? PA is similar but not exactly the same and it makes Black Knight and Funhouse not as fun.

Completely agree with this, it's very hard to make shots into the trapdoor on Funhouse on the Pinball Arcade edition. Not sure why they removed that functionality, but then again this is Farsight we're dealing with.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Mr. Met posted:

Completely agree with this, it's very hard to make shots into the trapdoor on Funhouse on the Pinball Arcade edition. Not sure why they removed that functionality, but then again this is Farsight we're dealing with.
The lack of forthright and foresight, you say?

:downsrim::fuckoff:

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
The table packs are up for iOS, so let's download them and see how they screwed up this time.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
They must have fixed the issue by now, everything downloaded fine for me. Some menu issues on the new iPad but the tables are working. I gotta say I'm shocked they've included iPhone 5 support in this release.

Clouseau
Aug 3, 2003

My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie.
Yeah, I just tried again this morning and it worked! Maybe it was Apple's fault (this time).

The lights are still broken for me on Medieval Madness. Is that true for everyone else?

ShapesYay
Oct 18, 2004
I AM IN THE SKOOL BAND LOL

petewhitley posted:

They must have fixed the issue by now, everything downloaded fine for me. Some menu issues on the new iPad but the tables are working. I gotta say I'm shocked they've included iPhone 5 support in this release.

I was shocked too. Honestly though it's almost worse for some tables because it makes everything so small. Creature is great on iPhone 5, but theatre of magic and Harley Davidson are too tiny. Angle changes don't seem to resolve this problem either.

sethsez
Jul 14, 2006

He's soooo dreamy...

So apparently the real No Good Gofers table's ramps are transparent blue, not opaque. That would make it a LOT easier to read, particularly the top flipper.

Is this just an issue on Android, or are the ramps opaque everywhere?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I've got them all and they all work fine. Been playing them for the last couple hours now. Pinball Arcade is seriously the most addicting game I've ever come across. So much nostalgia mixed within just great games. I'm actually looking to pick up a physical machine or two from the game if I can get the right price.

Zip
Mar 19, 2006

It seems like the game plays faster now on ios? anyone else noticed this?

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006
Friday nights are for Wapner!

sethsez posted:

So apparently the real No Good Gofers table's ramps are transparent blue, not opaque. That would make it a LOT easier to read, particularly the top flipper.

Is this just an issue on Android, or are the ramps opaque everywhere?
I recall them being transparent in PHoF. I'm not really sure why they aren't in PA as other tables have transparent ramps.

Clamknuckle
Sep 7, 2006

Groovy
I finally got the robe for my avatar from Pinball FX2 and it doesn't work! Is this normal?

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Clamknuckle posted:

I finally got the robe for my avatar from Pinball FX2 and it doesn't work! Is this normal?

It's not normal, but it's terrible looking so you're not missing much.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Hrm... is it just me, or does Taxi have much better lightning than any other table? At least on iOS that I'm playing on.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Zip posted:

It seems like the game plays faster now on ios? anyone else noticed this?

Yeah, the ball is much more bouncy. Plays nothing like a pinball, more like a superball. Get some odd games with it.

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
So I'm on my last ball on Taxi beating my previous best by around 2 million and the ball disappears off the table somewhere, it can't find it and the attendant request is cancelled.

gently caress you guy.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

ROFLBOT posted:

So I'm on my last ball on Taxi beating my previous best by around 2 million and the ball disappears off the table somewhere, it can't find it and the attendant request is cancelled.

gently caress you guy.

I had a somewhat similar bug in Harley Davidson. It was during multiball, so I don't know where the ball went, by it was my last ball and the ball search went on. I called for the attendant and it kept canceling it :argh:

DarthXaos
Oct 27, 2010
AC/DC is such an easy game...

Mr.Trifecta
Mar 2, 2007

I have a new family member.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Mr.Trifecta posted:

Congrats.

Robot Danger
Mar 18, 2012

Mr.Trifecta posted:

Oh congrats, man! Did you have it shipped? How much was that?

I'm still learning my way around Columbus (Ohio) pinball, but I just found a bar that has both the AC/DC pin as well as Attack from Mars. Probably not that big of a deal for almost everyone on here, but this town doesn't seem to have a wealth of tables.

Anyone on here from the area that knows of any others in this area?

I've found 2 AC/DC, Avatar, Lord of the Rings, Attack from Mars so far. I also heard there is a Theater of Magic in the suburbs.

Mr.Trifecta
Mar 2, 2007

Robot Danger posted:

Oh congrats, man! Did you have it shipped? How much was that?

I'm still learning my way around Columbus (Ohio) pinball, but I just found a bar that has both the AC/DC pin as well as Attack from Mars. Probably not that big of a deal for almost everyone on here, but this town doesn't seem to have a wealth of tables.

Anyone on here from the area that knows of any others in this area?

I've found 2 AC/DC, Avatar, Lord of the Rings, Attack from Mars so far. I also heard there is a Theater of Magic in the suburbs.

Shipping was included with the price, all in all, roughly $4400 shipped. Speak of the devil, I got my game from Ohio!

Robot Danger
Mar 18, 2012

Mr.Trifecta posted:

Shipping was included with the price, all in all, roughly $4400 shipped. Speak of the devil, I got my game from Ohio!

Boo this man! He's stealing our machines!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clouseau
Aug 3, 2003

My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie.

Mr.Trifecta posted:

Awesome. If you figure any decent strategies to beat any of the villains on it, let me know. I'm okay racking up X-Men, but I haven't been able to crack any of the villain modes on X-Men at the nearby bar.