Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

Ok something's happened and 2 of my 4 guns in my hands have unlimited ammo. I haven't picked up any new gear or new perks that are +ammo or anything like that. I'm a gunzerker btw. Has anyone else ran into this? The guns that are unlimited ammo I've had for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Whale Cancer posted:

Ok something's happened and 2 of my 4 guns in my hands have unlimited ammo. I haven't picked up any new gear or new perks that are +ammo or anything like that. I'm a gunzerker btw. Has anyone else ran into this? The guns that are unlimited ammo I've had for a while.

Does it persist, even after exiting and reloading the game? I've had that problem, and I want to say that it comes from interrupting a reloading animation at just the right time. Earlier today, I had it happen for the second time. It went away after I entered a vendor menu and then exited. Don't know why.

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

It changed guns on me once, but I've been to a lot of vending machines since it started. I just exited the game to take a break. I'm about to hop back in and see if it is gone or not.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
I had that happen to me. I'm pretty sure it is a bug involving the rocket launchers that consume reduced ammo. It should go away when you quit or change up weapon loadouts.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Jesus Christ I've played this game for over 100 hours and still I keep hearing new poo poo from NPCs and enemies. I totally cracked up this morning when I was strolling around in Sanctuary and, completely out of the blue, some random Crimson Raider went "Winter is coming". :haw:

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

Occupation posted:

Has anyone else gotten to the point where you reunite with Sanctuary in PT2? Because I've hit that point and I basically get two-shot by everything in the game. TVH mode was difficult enough as it is but basically being destroyed by anything in the game, even stuff 3 levels below me, and barely doing any damage with my weapons is super duper frustrating.

TVH is just too goddamn hard. It's been kind of an unfun ride. The difficulty spikes are erratic and insane (basically defending anything is now unbelievably difficult and Threshers/Stalkers have way too much loving health) and I feel like all my weapons are various grades of "pure poo poo". Running siren that's mostly down the left tree btw.

The game has been pretty easy at all parts. The worst part is the negligible penalty for death. Threshers are a bad time but you can handle most the game with a sniper rifle. Since you crit all your shots they do the most damage and allow you to be out of range of getting hurt. Just remember that elemental weapons are more important in the second playthrough.

Suicide Pacmen
Mar 26, 2002

Rabbit season!
Just finished the game. Vague spoilers: still kinda surprised the Hyperion moon base wasn't the endgame. Guess that'll be one of the dlc's

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

Suicide Pacmen posted:

Just finished the game. Vague spoilers: still kinda surprised the Hyperion moon base wasn't the endgame. Guess that'll be one of the dlc's

That is a sweet rear end idea for some DLC. And what's better, I can see almost the entire thing being populated by loaders, my favorite type of enemy.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Bashez posted:

The game has been pretty easy at all parts. The worst part is the negligible penalty for death. Threshers are a bad time but you can handle most the game with a sniper rifle. Since you crit all your shots they do the most damage and allow you to be out of range of getting hurt. Just remember that elemental weapons are more important in the second playthrough.

Agreed on all accounts, although TVHM can easily turn into some Diablo 3 bullshit where your life is measured in fractions of seconds. You shouldn't go anywhere near the story missions before you have the fattest rear end shield available and a rocket launcher strong enough to get you Second Wind without reloading.

The last story boss in particular has a stomp attack which deals upwards to 40,000 damage and sends you flying through the air. You want something to give you a guarantied Second Wind if that hits you at a bad time.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Oct 1, 2012

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

We can rule them like gods! ...Angry gods.
I'm kindof bummed out.. I got a purple sniper rifle from the golden chest a few levels ago, and it was ~4700 damage. Jacobs, no special abilities, just 2k more damage than anything else I'd seen to that point. It was awesome. No frills, accurate, decently fast reload, great "from the hip".

I opened it again at 40 and got another sniper rifle- a "pink" Vladof with Corrosion, and all the other stats were amazing. Easily topped my Jacobs in every stat except for clip size, which wasn't a big deal. The bullets even ricochet off of poo poo, which is really cool in tight places with the B0re skill. So I sold the Jacobs since it's services were no longer required, saved and quit. But after using the Vladof, I'm really disappointed. It's REALLY hard to headshot with this thing. Or like, I'll get the headshot, but the crit damage isn't high enough to kill them. It's hard to tell exactly what's going on since there's corrosion damage and poo poo popping up too. What gives? It's a really cool gun otherwise, and it looks badass..

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I've had 2 of my golden chest guns fall through the floor after showing it to a friend and having him toss me them back by the chest in Sanctuary :suicide:

Fortunately the guns were both part of two different pairs, so I still had one gun from each key... but still, seeing those guns vanish in front of my eyes was actually so mortifying it looped right back around to hilarious.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Is there any way to input a Shift code without running Borderlands? I'm never at my PC when codes get posted.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

TShields posted:

But after using the Vladof, I'm really disappointed. It's REALLY hard to headshot with this thing. Or like, I'll get the headshot, but the crit damage isn't high enough to kill them. It's hard to tell exactly what's going on since there's corrosion damage and poo poo popping up too. What gives? It's a really cool gun otherwise, and it looks badass..

I found a pretty neat-looking E-tech sniper as well, and was kinda underwhelmed by it.
It's incendiary, so it does a number on bandits, but the critical damage bonus seems to be lower than on normal snipers. Furthermore it uses two ammo per shot and is a Dahl so it burst-fires, so in the end it's horribly uneconomical ammo-wise compared to the power.

Jun 29, 2009

TShields posted:

I'm kindof bummed out.. I got a purple sniper rifle from the golden chest a few levels ago, and it was ~4700 damage. Jacobs, no special abilities, just 2k more damage than anything else I'd seen to that point. It was awesome. No frills, accurate, decently fast reload, great "from the hip".

I opened it again at 40 and got another sniper rifle- a "pink" Vladof with Corrosion, and all the other stats were amazing. Easily topped my Jacobs in every stat except for clip size, which wasn't a big deal. The bullets even ricochet off of poo poo, which is really cool in tight places with the B0re skill. So I sold the Jacobs since it's services were no longer required, saved and quit. But after using the Vladof, I'm really disappointed. It's REALLY hard to headshot with this thing. Or like, I'll get the headshot, but the crit damage isn't high enough to kill them. It's hard to tell exactly what's going on since there's corrosion damage and poo poo popping up too. What gives? It's a really cool gun otherwise, and it looks badass..

Could the problem be that the new rifle is corrosion? Unless the enemy is armored you're going to be doing much less than even a weaker pure damage rifle.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Honestly I think the best one stop shop E-tech railgun you can hope for is an electrical element one, as so few enemies actually resist it. Fire isn't a good choice since it's by far the most resisted element and requires you build around the Terramorphous mod and a +fire damage relic to see good returns on resistant enemies. Corrosive is good just because of the abundance of loaders, but isn't great against shielded bandits.

I want one so bad even if they aren't that great but my console compatriots don't seem to have it so I can trade for it :negative:

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

Could the problem be that the new rifle is corrosion? Unless the enemy is armored you're going to be doing much less than even a weaker pure damage rifle.

Probably all of the above. I guess I thought the listed damage was it's "base" damage, then corrosive on top of it. Maybe I'll pop the chest again and see how I do. :sigh: Just wish I still had that old one to fall back on.

Edit: I do think there is a problem with some elements in this game. I blew up a corrosive barrel beside some enemies, and it was doing 5 damage a tick. I'm not asking for them to liquefy instantly, but that's absurdly low in PT2.

Synonamess Botch
Jun 5, 2006

dicks are for my cat

This - if you're on tvhm, corrosion does .65% I believe flat damage against flesh. One of the bl2 wikis has all the elemental stats but I'm on my phone and can't post it

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
I recommend going down to Marcus' shooting range any time you're thinking about changing guns. It's a shame he doesn't have loaders and shielded dudes in his other stalls, but at least you can check your damage and critical hits on the bandit.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo

Synonamess Botch posted:

This - if you're on tvhm, corrosion does .65% I believe flat damage against flesh. One of the bl2 wikis has all the elemental stats but I'm on my phone and can't post it

Really, that low? This is probably the one thing that annoys me most in BL2, there's just way too much weapon swapping with the damage values varying so widely between the damage types.

I would've preferred to have all damage types at a base 100% damage and add type bonuses on top of that.

Don't Ask
Nov 28, 2002

So thanks to the wonderful power infrastructure is my city that poo poo itself at the first rain of the year, I lost power while in game and now my level 34 Axton is corrupted.
Is there any way to fix this? I really don't want to play all that again, I've been doing every sidequest on the way and I'm at the part of the main quest that sends you to Sawtooth Cauldron to get some explosives.

Does anyone have a similar save, maybe?

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Every time he yells "I HAVE ISSUES!" or "OOOOOONE LINEEERRRR!" I still smile a bit

I could have sworn I got Salvidor to shout "GARBAGE DAY" once, but there was so much poo poo going on around me i am not too certain.

Attention Horse
Jan 5, 2012

Yo man, you are out of step with Imhotep!
loving rabid stalkers, jesus motherfucking christ just die already. They're like boars in Gothic 3, they never ever stop charging at you.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Fewd posted:

I would've preferred to have all damage types at a base 100% damage and add type bonuses on top of that.

Unless I'm totally misunderstanding the wiki, that's how it does work.

quote:

An elemental weapon actually usually shoots normal bullets, that are exactly the same as that of a normal gun. However, sometimes they trigger an elemental effect, or "proc" (short for "programmed random occurrence"). When this happens in addition to the bullet damage, the elemental effect and damage is added. These procs can trigger with varying intensities, from x1 to x4, as seen on weapon infocards. Different weapons have different proc chances for each of these elemental multipliers.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Mr_Person posted:

That's from BL1. BL2 doesn't have the multiplier system.

The procs are also distinct from the damage type - even if a caustic gun doesn't proc, it'll do more damage against armour than a normal gun will.

Synonamess Botch
Jun 5, 2006

dicks are for my cat

Fewd posted:

Really, that low? This is probably the one thing that annoys me most in BL2, there's just way too much weapon swapping with the damage values varying so widely between the damage types.

Less than that, actually, .6x

http://www.bl2wiki.com/Elemental_Effects

Mr_Person posted:

I don't think that's accurate - according to the above wiki, it's "impact (flesh, shield, et al) damage." Also, from my own personal testing in the firing range, a corrosive weapon with a higher stated damage can still do significantly less impact damage vs. flesh than a fire weapon with lower stated damage.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Mr_Person posted:

Proc does not stand for anything, that's a backronym

http://www.wowwiki.com/Proc

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Didn't realize that it'd changed that much since the first game. That looks WAY simpler to figure out.

Edit: Is bonus explosive damage derived from base damage somehow, or is it a separate stat that just isn't shown?

A FUCKIN CANARY!! fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Oct 1, 2012

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Anyone who has found the Space Knight helm from BNK-3R, can you tell me what color it is? Going nuts sifting through every single white item.

MrBadidea
Apr 1, 2009

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

No problem. That's what I thought, too. Unfortunately, the main quest enemies are level 45-48, but the outlying areas like the Dust are still 37-38. Oh well. Like I said earlier, I really wish Gearbox would have made it so that sidequests would scale up to your level after falling too far behind.

Everything will scale up again when you finish the main story quests in PT2 to 49-52. If you don't pickup the side quests until you finish the main story, they will scale their rewards to level 50 variants too.

Pharmaskittle posted:

They don't seem to be random though, which makes favoring any less than 5 or 6 stats impossible. For instance, I pick Fire Rate literally every time I see it, but it's still a whole percentage point behind one or two other stats. I think they take stats out of "rotation" until at least a certain number of other stats have caught up or appeared enough times. Like, I never choose shield regen rate, and it shows up every single time as a choice.

The badass stat offers are weighted, so that the lowest percentage bonuses you currently have will appear more often (and closer to the top of the list). If you have a ton of badass points and just accept the top bonus over and over, you'll end up with a roughly balanced spread across everything. I never took the melee or grenade damage bonuses at all until I had a rough 8-9% bonus to everything else, and hammered through about 200 badass points yesterday. I ended up with ALL the bonuses in the 10.5-11% range.

MrBadidea fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Oct 1, 2012

Country_Blumpkin
Aug 6, 2011

Nordick posted:

Jesus Christ I've played this game for over 100 hours and still I keep hearing new poo poo from NPCs and enemies. I totally cracked up this morning when I was strolling around in Sanctuary and, completely out of the blue, some random Crimson Raider went "Winter is coming". :haw:

For real. Earlier I gunzerked against a Goliath and he said "That's just two things I'm gonna shove up your rear end!"

I laughed my rear end off.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

MrBadidea posted:

Everything will scale up again when you finish the main story quests in PT2 to 49-52. If you don't pickup the side quests until you finish the main story, they will scale their rewards to level 50 variants too.

I'm working on making sure I don't get Law or Order until I beat TVHM so I can duplicate level 50 versions for all the Zero players. :)

MrBadidea
Apr 1, 2009

Kyrosiris posted:

I'm working on making sure I don't get Law or Order until I beat TVHM so I can duplicate level 50 versions for all the Zero players. :)

I know for sure that the Sheriff can drop the revolver, but I'm not sure about the shield. As a side note, make sure you only pickup the sidemissions after you finish PT2, or the reward won't scale. The enemies will do, but the reward will be stuck at the lower level, and as far as I'm aware, you can't abandon the missions once you have them.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Got 3x Marcus on a slot machine and pulled this out. Minigun, beltfed and fire damage. It got out classed pretty much immediately but it's great just for the DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA. :orks:

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011
I got hit by this - force quitting breaking the clan war trailer thrashing quest and that's been enough to put me off playing the game until it can be fixed (bit of a completionist) - anyone have any ideas how I can fix it?

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

MrBadidea posted:

I know for sure that the Sheriff can drop the revolver, but I'm not sure about the shield. As a side note, make sure you only pickup the sidemissions after you finish PT2, or the reward won't scale. The enemies will do, but the reward will be stuck at the lower level, and as far as I'm aware, you can't abandon the missions once you have them.

I don't think I ever triggered the spoilered fight in PT1. How does that one start?

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

TShields posted:

I don't think I ever triggered the spoilered fight in PT1. How does that one start?

I believe it's the Break the Bank mission that you have to complete in Lynchwood, or something to that effect.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

TShields posted:

Just beat all the missions in Lynchwood and the quest should show up either automatically or at the bounty board, I forget which.

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010
I've been using exclusively non-elemental or explosive weapons on my 50 Commando. I do have an SMG of each elemental type, just in case, but rarely ever pull them out. I have a habit of firing until my target drops dead, even when I know the DoT is going to kill them. The extra bullet is likely going to kill the dude faster than the DoT, which gives them less time to fire in my general direction. This applies double for mobs that don't seem to get staggered or panic from the elemental DoT (badass psychos, nomads and badass loaders just to name a few).

Synonamess Botch posted:

Less than that, actually, .6x

http://www.bl2wiki.com/Elemental_Effects

I don't think that's accurate - according to the above wiki, it's "impact (flesh, shield, et al) damage." Also, from my own personal testing in the firing range, a corrosive weapon with a higher stated damage can still do significantly less impact damage vs. flesh than a fire weapon with lower stated damage.

The table on that wiki confirms my totally biased opinion: shock weapons are best weapons.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

I'm 25 hours into this and I just now realized that the different health bar colors indicate whether a target is considered flesh or armor. :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Mr_Person posted:

I'm 25 hours into this and I just now realized that the different health bar colors indicate whether a target is considered flesh or armor. :downs:

That's fifteen hours faster than I realized it. :downs:

• Locked thread