Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sockington
Jul 26, 2003
Wire wheeled the main beam and put two coats of self etching primer. Man, that poo poo works so much better than the cheap $5/can primer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jared592
Jan 23, 2003
JARED NUMBERS: BACK IN ACTION
Loving the Easter eggs you've started throwing in your pictures.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I'm so touched, nothing like saying I love you on a trailer beam :allears:

So how much did the 18" wheels effect the fuel economy on the 5? Pretty crazy that it was enough for you to get rid of them. I imagine tire costs for 18 over 17 didn't help either.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

leica posted:

I'm so touched, nothing like saying I love you on a trailer beam :allears:

So how much did the 18" wheels effect the fuel economy on the 5? Pretty crazy that it was enough for you to get rid of them. I imagine tire costs for 18 over 17 didn't help either.

Tires were bloody expensive and the mileage dropped by about 20%.

Didn't cost me much to run for a summer and move on.

Jared592 posted:

Loving the Easter eggs you've started throwing in your pictures.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

I picked up some more cider to try while buying groceries in Michigan.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Have you tried jk scrumpys?

http://organicscrumpy.com/

out of all the ciders my sister likes that one the most

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
You might also like smirnoff ice, mike's, and zima.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

jamal posted:

You might also like smirnoff ice, mike's, and zima.

nope.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Even as a manly man and beer guy, the fall woodchuck cider is badass. Nutmeg and cinnamon, I might have to pick some up.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

If whiskey puts hair on your chest, zima surely will remove it. And possibly give you a lisp too.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Goober Peas posted:

If whiskey puts hair on your chest, zima surely will remove it. And possibly give you a lisp too.

They haven't made it in several years, so it may very well grow hair by now.

It just makes sense that the king of rust likes sugar-laden things, right? v:v:v

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Sock's dentist probably has a project thread of his own on whatever the medicare equivalent of AI is.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Sock's dentist probably has a project thread of his own on whatever the medicare equivalent of AI is.

So if cavities are rust, then are all of the tire bubbling/bursting pictures in the horrible pictures thread gingivitis?

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

MiniFoo posted:

So if cavities are rust, then are all of the tire bubbling/bursting pictures in the horrible pictures thread gingivitis?

Whats worse is he probably has a hell of a time figuring if it's interference, or non - when he finds that somebody skipped a tooth. :q:

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003
I don't drink pop, so I'm allowed some sugar. :colbert:

I'd rather it get me drunk and fat as opposed to just fat.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
:350: and drink water (just not out of the bong!) stay skinny.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs

DreamOn13 posted:

Even as a manly man and beer guy, the fall woodchuck cider is badass. Nutmeg and cinnamon, I might have to pick some up.

Had some yesterday! It was great!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Sockington posted:

Tires were bloody expensive and the mileage dropped by about 20%.

Didn't cost me much to run for a summer and move on.

I um... don't be insulted, but, you did adjust your odometer readings for the change in dire diameter, right?

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Leperflesh posted:

I um... don't be insulted, but, you did adjust your odometer readings for the change in dire diameter, right?

Not adjusting would actually artificially inflate his mileage - a larger overall wheel/tire combination will result in your speedometer and odometer reading a bit low.

Assuming he didn't downsize the sidewall height with the larger wheel to make the same overall diameter.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

I did calculate that in with the Miata tire calc. The tire and wheel combo weighed over 50lbs and were wider as well.

Just meant my wife would have to give it more gas from a stop to get up to speed.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003
Picked up some stuff at Canadian Tire.

LED tail lights were 50% off, so gently caress yeah they'll go on the trailer.

Yay. :neckbeard: $79+ tax thanks to a $100 off sale and a left over gift card.

Fancy adjustable laser sight.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003
I really need to get those mounts done sometime soon.

:smug:

Timmy Cruise
Jun 9, 2007
That is awesome.

That drill press is sooo tempting, but I just bought a welder this week (Power Fist Flux core for $100)...

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Sockington posted:

Yay. :neckbeard: $79+ tax thanks to a $100 off sale and a left over gift card.

Fancy adjustable laser sight.

I think I have the exact same drill press, except with different colored paint and Skil branding. Not bad given how cheap it is, though I've never had to do anything properly heavy duty with it.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003
Took the family to a local fair for a series of demo derbies.

The fry truck there had been converted into a trailer so it could be towed instead of driven. The welds on the front mounted hitch looked suspect. :3:

thebigcow
Jan 3, 2001

Bully!
Well that sure looks like my work but I don't remember doing that. :confused:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Sockington posted:

Took the family to a local fair for a series of demo derbies.

That's some pro fathering right there. I was planning on taking my daughter to the Long Beach Indycar race next year, but my sister-in-law no longer lives right next to the track so that plan evaporated.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep
sock you should come down my way sometime next fall and watch the lawn tractor racing at our county fairs

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

8ender posted:

sock you should come down my way sometime next fall and watch the lawn tractor racing at our county fairs

We have it locally as well. :3:

You need to come down and get loaded in the garage again sometime. With the Subaru out of there, lots more room to hang out.

I still haven't heard back from the CBSA about getting a receipt for the MR2.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep
last time i went to the races my friend got hit by a pulley that flew off a super modified tractor that sideswiped another tractor and it was the best day ever

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003
Pulled the tire to bring into town for a replacement.

Toast.

I figured I might as well pull the hubs an look at the bearings. The grease reminded me of the 8ender motor. :3:

Outside race.

Inside race.

Shaft.

Thinking of hitting the shaft with a quick pass of 2000grit to just skim the debris from the surface. Bad idea?

Both sides of the hub take Timken #07100 and then whatever I can fit for wheels and tires.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Not a bad idea at all. You certainly won't remove a significant amount of steel by hand even if you use really agressive stuff. I personally use emery cloth, that red fabric ribbon with like 150 or 220 grit. You can saw it back and forth and it cleans up a surface like that really nice, without removing a measurable amount of material.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

I wish you could buy tweels already, they'd be perfect for trailers.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

Cakefool posted:

I wish you could buy tweels already, they'd be perfect for trailers.

I had no idea these were even commercially available. Thought they were just a product study.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003
Message from the wife today;

quote:

It smells like somebody pooped in my engine bay what do I do?

Hahaha :wtf:

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

leica is a jealous person?

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005
You turn right back around and poop in their engine bay twice as hard so they know you're not a punk.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
Ask her what she's doing smelling around in YOUR engine bay :mad:

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003
Princess Auto had wheels and tires on sale. :3:

The old tire size was rated at 250kg/each where the new ones are rated at 360kg/each.

Clearance should be good.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Ooh, sport tires.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

:stare: Were those tires old enough to buy booze?

• Locked thread