Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

JamMasterJim posted:

Good builds with the proper companion can however even do heroic quests on their own(which was useful cause at times, there were no people to team up with)

Yeah, that's why I want to roll with Jorgen; I've finished several heroics solo with him at my side. Enemies just loving kriffing melt when he's with me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

CommissarMega posted:

Yeah, that's why I want to roll with Jorgen; I've finished several heroics solo with him at my side. Enemies just loving kriffing melt when he's with me.

There is only one issue (and it can be positive or negative depending on how you approach it) with Jorgen and that is that he uses the same gear and stats as you. Since SWTOR isn't really a "hand me down" gear type of game like most MMOs, this leaves you either buying duplicate weapon and armor mods or having to choose which of you needs a given drop/quest reward more.

That, and once you start running into stuff you can't burst down, you're going to get destroyed. But that stuff is relatively rare.

Lamadar
Nov 24, 2007

Bounty Hunter: Update 10 – You can't kill a Sith, you silly!

: So, how's your back feeling?
: Much better, thanks to the medpacks you acquired. Hopefully I won't have to attempt to carry a person frozen in carbonite by myself again.
: I said I was sorry! Anyways, I put an order in for something we can use to transport any future bounties we capture. It should arrive in about a day.
: Unfortunately it won't arrive in time for our next bounty.
: Speaking of which, we should go see Crysta to find out what our second job is.

Click here for the Cutscene

: Couple of hunters died in the jungles. Big Trandoshan got arrested by the Imperials. And you found yourself an unfindable Republic noble. His family was plenty generous with their live bounty.

: Heart of a poet, gun like a capital ship. I'm like to swoon.
: Please don't....
: Your second bounty's a bit of mystery. Apparently whoever's stacking the deck against you gonna keep right on stacking.
: Hardly surprising.
: What I got here is a classified, red-flag request from Imperial Command. No details, just flashy warnings and a contact: Admiral Fraabaal, Imperial Navy.
: I don't see what the big deal is. I mean, it can't be as bad as dealing with a Hutt after all.

: ....poo poo.
: Here's the slip. Fraabaal's in the city, not all that far a stroll. Go get 'em!

: There is just no way that doing jobs for the Imperials could be worse than working for the Hutts.
: It doesn't matter if it is or not, we have to do it anyways if we are to get that final spot in the Great Hunt. Anyways we have arrived at the Admiral's office.
: ....I mean, I had a Hutt ask me to cut off the heads of his enemies. What Imperial jobs could be worse than that?!

: I'm here to see the admiral. Let me in.
: I'm afraid the admiral is not seeing vagrants today.
: Why does everyone who sees me think I am a vagrant? First the crazy Sith noble and now this whiny secretary. Do I really give off that bad of a vibe?
: Well, maybe you wouldn't give off that vibe if you didn't end up setting everything on fire....
:mad:
: Ahem... Now if you'll excuse me, I am very busy.
: Let me in there -- now. Unless you'd prefer me to set your desk on fire.
: I really couldn't care less what you --

: There's a quarrelsome individual here, Admiral. Rather dirty, too.
: Quarrelsome? You're as weak as you are stupid. I requested a mercenary from the Mandalorians. Send that person in immediately.
: Yes, sir! You may go in now.
: I'll bet you get a demerit for that, Lieutenant.
: Heh. You're terrible.
: The admiral is waiting.

: I'm afraid many of our Imperial soldiers are hopeless with delicate tasks. This, of course, is why I asked for a professional.
: If it's delicate you want, it's delicate you'll get. For example, I can be especially delicate when setting things on fire.
: I have every faith in the Mandalorian enclave's ability to get things done discreetly.
: See Mako? I don't see why everyone thinks the Imperials are worse employers than the Hutts....
: My daughter has become something of a liability to me. I want you to kill her.

: ....I take that back. That's something you don't hear everyday.

: My daughter was born Force sensitive and trained to be Sith. A great honor for our family.
: Then why do you want to kill her?!
: Unfortunately, my daughter's master is one Lord Grathan, a madman who is now disgraced in the eyes of the Dark Council.
: This is some political move for you? How can one have his own daughter killed for politics!
: Less a move than a response, but yes.
: If Lord Grathan's compound is raided and my daughter is captured or killed, every member of her family will suffer. This is Sith politics. In the best-case scenario, I lose my rank and position. In the worst....
: So, Sith are crazy. I'm beginning to understand. You've got a lot to protect, Admiral.
: Precisely. There is no room for failure here.

: My daughter is somewhere inside Lord Grathan's compound. Her name is Vereta. You will know her, as she resembles me closely.
: I'll handle this quiet and quick.
: Hang on, I've been running some data... turns out, renegade Sith Lord followers rack up death marks like crazy. Lord Grathan's top people all have prices on their heads.
: It'd be a shame to let those bounties go to waste.
: And we might need those extra credits to gear you up for the big melee.

: Grathan's compound is this way. If we are to do this discretely, we need to sneak past the outer perimeter....

: WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!
: Causing a commotion?

: But we were told to deal with the Admiral's daughter discretely!
: Precisely. Which is why I am indiscriminately killing Grathan's guards.

: I'm not sure I follow your logic.
: This compound is surrounded on all sides by Imperial forces. Some obviously saw us enter the compound. They will want to know why we came here.

: If we infiltrated the compound to only deal with the Admiral's daughter, then there is a good chance Imperial Intelligence could figure out exactly what we did and why we came here. Which is bad for the Admiral.

: By creating complete chaos, no one will be able to find out the precise reason why we attacked Grathan's compound. It would look like we were hired to do a general raid. Thus, our true intentions are concealed and the Admiral's secret is safe.
: Well.... uh.... I guess that makes some sense.... I think?
: You should learn to trust me more. I do know what I am doing.... sometimes. Speaking of which, I think I found those extra bounties you mentioned!

: Easy money. Now time to find the Admiral's daughter.
: I think she's standing right there.
: Oh.

: When Lord Grathan's spies said my father contacted the Mandalorian enclave, I expected they'd at least send me a real, live Mandalorian.
: I don't think they would have sent a dead one, that's for sure.
: I'm afraid I'm a tad disappointed.
: You knew your father wanted you killed?
: Of course. But really, how scary is that?
: Wait -- you don't seriously think you can kill me? I mean, I'm Sith, and you're just... whatever you are.
: Oh, we've got a true believer.
: Then again, it makes sense -- why would you come here if you thought you'd die?

: You believe you're invincible, little girl? I believe I am beginning to understand why people think the Sith are crazy.
: No, of course not.

: I'm pretty sure you're also vulnerable to fire.
: You must be so crushed. Live and learn, I guess. Except, not in your case... sorry!

: Hope you like a little shock therapy!

: If you're going to do that, then let's see how fire resistant Sith REALLY are!

: Ow. What... I... I lost? I can't lose. I'm Sith!

: Wait! I can't die like this... falling to some common bounty hunter!
: Everything Lord Grathan told me was a lie. I've been living in a dream world....
: It can't end like this... it can't.
: No, it can't. It's time you and your father had a chat.
: What? No! That's worse!

: You spared her, despite the Admiral telling us to kill her? Why?
: The only reason he wanted us to kill her was because of the danger her association with Grathan would have on the rest of the Admiral's family. Since we caught her before the Empire did, that risk is gone.
: But....
: I think the Admiral knows of the importance of his family. Even if there are major disagreements between them, I don't think he would really want his daughter to die.
: I can understand that, but what I was going to say was how are we going to get her back to her father? I didn't think you'd want to carry another bounty frozen in carbonite again.
: Oh, that. I saw a solution to that problem on our way in.
: You can't mean....

: Now, if you help me hotwire this lift, we can use it to transport Vereta back to her father!
:ughh:
:haw:

: So you're back, hunter. Petrak mentioned something about the crazy vagrant driving a forklift into the waiting room, so I assume that was you?
: Yes.
: That explanation can wait a bit, but first....

: Vereta's not dead. I brought her back to you. She's currently a frozen statue, but still alive.
: You -- you froze her? Why? I was so specific in my directions. Why in the galaxy would you do this? Why would you refuse a specific order and not... eliminate the target?
: I figured it was a family affair. I'd thought to make sure you didn't make a decision you would come to regret.
: You're incredibly insightful for a bounty hunter.

: We weren't about to let that happen. Uh, sir.
: You've done me a great service, hunter. She's all I have of her mother....
: You're not going to kill her?
: No, of course not. Contain her, maybe. Until she can be made to see reason.

: Just remember to take that lift with you on the way out.

Lamadar fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Oct 2, 2012

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Well now, that was full of surprises, but nice ones :3: The Light Side Bounty Hunter doesn't seem to be a really bad guy to me, just some dude who took a wrong turn or two in life. Not to say that Mortiferous and the rest are bad people, but we've got Mortiferous himself abetting the torture and death of prisoners, Abeena doing assassination work, but Lamadar's all kinds of noble.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

CommissarMega posted:

Well now, that was full of surprises, but nice ones :3: The Light Side Bounty Hunter doesn't seem to be a really bad guy to me, just some dude who took a wrong turn or two in life. Not to say that Mortiferous and the rest are bad people, but we've got Mortiferous himself abetting the torture and death of prisoners, Abeena doing assassination work, but Lamadar's all kinds of noble.

The light side Bounty Hunter isn't so much a morally good or bad guy as he is a guy doing a job. Mako can be a bit of a whiny bitch about good and evil, and light side generally leans "good". But there are a few light side solutions that are basically "You aren't paying me enough for this poo poo. Here's the bare minimum, also I poo poo on your desk."

Light side for the Bounty Hunter generally comes down to honoring Mandalorian values. What that entails, you'll see in the rest of the playthrough. By the same token, dark side for the bounty hunter isn't inherently evil. It's just more selfish, and tends to be more dickish in conversations just for the sake of it.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Zaodai posted:

Light side for the Bounty Hunter generally comes down to honouring Mandalorian values.

Ah, right then. So, honouring your promises, killing worthy opponents, 'catch-and-release' the unworthy? Sorry, I'm not up to date with my Mandalorian stuff; guess I'll just have to wait then.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

CommissarMega posted:

Ah, right then. So, honouring your promises, killing worthy opponents, 'catch-and-release' the unworthy? Sorry, I'm not up to date with my Mandalorian stuff; guess I'll just have to wait then.

You've got the jist of it. Not so much the last one. You'll see though.

The thing that is important to keep in mind though is that light side/dark side is a huge scale, and taking a handful of dark choices isn't going to have any repercussions beyond making you farm a little more light side if you actually give a poo poo about it in the first place. So at least you're not stuck trying to min/max and pick options you don't like for the sake of your points. There were plenty of times I took the dark side option on my light side bounty hunter, because honestly, gently caress those assholes.

[EDIT]I guess it might be more along the line of Sniper's values. Be polite, be efficient, and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Zaodai fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Oct 2, 2012

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

2. Academy Life

When I left the tomb the Academy loomed in front of me like some ancient stone colossus. I wish I could say I was completely unafraid but even with what I'd been through it just felt wrong. I steeled my wits and prepared to enter but no sooner than I did was another Sith attempting to get my attention.

Click here for Video.

Regardless, Lord Zash has made it clear that all new acolytes must learn martial skills as well as face their trials. Though why anyone thinks you can be taught is beyond me.
I assume someone a bit more... learned will be instructing me?
Someone with a bit less pull you mean? Not for all the credits in the world. You will find the instructors in the Academy's archive. Hurry and try not to embarass your betters.

I waved off his attempts to goad me with a practiced callousness; any matter of hateful speech had long since lost its effectiveness. I met with some of my instructors before finally returning to Harkun. I had no desire to expedite the meeting.

Click here for Video.

Hm. Acolyte Kory. Step forward, please.
Yes, overseer.
You are a weak, pathetic rodent and even a lunatic like Spindrall can see this. And that means--

Aaaaah!

Look on him! No connections left in the world, but pure Sith blood! This--this is Lord Zash's future apprentice! Not filth like you!
Nice to meet you, Ffon. Hope Harkun treats you better than he treats us.
Save your well wishes for someone who cares, slave.
Step this way, slave. I want to speak to you privately. The rest of you--get out of here. You know your trials. You, too, Ffon. Spindrall awaits. Now, listen to me. Spindrall is a lunatic. His approval means nothing. You are filth and you will die. Is that clear?
You think you scare me?
You're nothing. And don't forget it. Now, your second trial: Lord Zash has requested a special trial for you, which you will no doubt fail. Go to Inquisitor Zyn in the jails. He will fill you in on the details--and most likely, hasten your demise.

Don't boast, slave. I don't want to see you again until you're back from the jails. That's all.

Click here for Video.

Harkun has given me very specific instructions. You were raised as a slave but must discard those traits and learn to control others.

Victim? I don't much like the sound of that.
I personally prefer the word "subject" myself, but most people can only comprehend my work in crass terms. A short while ago, there was what we call an "unauthorized murder" here in the Academy. A rivalry among apprenticies resulted in death. Interrogate him. Make him tell you who committed this crime, at any cost.
I'll see what I can do, but I won't torture anyone.

It's okay, Alif. I just want to talk.
Yeah, right. I know what you want, and I'll tell you right now I don't know anything.
I can't help you if you won't trust me.
Why should I trust you? You can't help me. You can't protect me. Even if I did know something, I'd be dead or worse....
Look, if you don't talk to me, the inquisitor will bring someone else in and they'll make you talk. I want to help you.
What? Why? I... I don't understand. Why don't you just torture me and get it over with?

He would rather be tortured than let someone close enough to help him. The scariest part is it felt good.
Stop! Please. All right. All right, I'll talk. He'll kill me, but I'll talk. The murderer is an apprentice named Esorr Kayin. You have to protect me or he'll kill me.
You may be mistaken.
Kayin's master's a Dark Council member--you might as well try fighting the Emperor himself. Kayin won't get so much as a reprimand. But when Kayin finds out, he'll come after me.
Not if I have any say in the matter.
It's a nice thought, but I doubt it.

Kayin's master is a Dark Council member... I'd be a fool to oppose him. But anyway, your trial here is done. I will send my commendations to Overseer Harkun. You may return to him now.
That acolyte is going to need protection.

Concern for matters that are not your business is a weakness that will get you killed. I suggest you eliminate this undesirable trait as quickly as possible and forget about this acolyte.
You have to protect him. He doesn't stand a chance without your help.
You are persistent, aren't you? Well, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to keep him here while the master of the murdered apprentice pursues justice. Perhaps they can be made to believe that the acolyte hasn't been broken yet.

Getting him off-planet is no simple matter, but there is a Darth on Dromund Kaas who owes me a favor. I'll make sure she takes this fool as her apprentice. He'll be out of Kayin's reach, but from there he's on his own. You have a most unusual approach, acolyte. Watch it doesn't get you into trouble.

Click here for Video.

Also unsurprisingly, Ffon has passed his first trial. It's only a matter of time before he tramples you all underfoot.

Patience, Ffon--an accident in the tombs is much more convincing. Now the lot of you know your next task--go. I want to speak to Ffon and our latecomer.

Undoubtedly, Zyn helped you in some way--but you will not have his help on the next trial. Both you and Ffon will have trials of intellect--trials that test your ability to apply your understanding of the Force to solve problems.
You don't expect a slave to be a match for me in intellect! I've been trained under the greatest teachers--
Calm down, Ffon. I certainly do not expect this slave to be a match for you. That's why you will have seperate trials.

You're only digging your own grave. Ffon, you will go to the library on the second floor of the Academy and translate the following texts for Lord Zash.
Yes, overseer.

Hey, it beats going to the library. Yawn.
Spoken like the idiot you are. You will bring back the holocron or hope the spirit of Marka Ragnos himself returns to end your miserable existence. Now go!

I truly hate that man.

Catsworth fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Oct 3, 2012

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
Ok, why is all the facial hair in this game so horrifying? I'm getting nightmares about it.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I don't believe somebody's managing to do a bounty hunter run without referencing The Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates all the time. You're a better man than I.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

CommissarMega posted:

Mortiferous himself abetting the torture and death of prisoners

Everything Mort currently does is 'on pain of swift death at the hands of Darth Baras.' Believe me, he's not happy about it.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

While I think the light-side Sith playthroughs are interesting and I like everyone's style, I was kind of hoping the Inquisitor would embrace being a cackling psychopath :(

Laradus
Feb 16, 2011

SirPhoebos posted:

While I think the light-side Sith playthroughs are interesting and I like everyone's style, I was kind of hoping the Inquisitor would embrace being a cackling psychopath :(

Making people sing is one of the more fun parts of starting off evil.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

CommissarMega posted:

and pngs would be best for bringing all that quality out (Ord Mantell's terrible, though), so it's your call.

This is not how image formats work.

this is old, but still completely correct.

http://www.r1ch.net/img-formats/

For example, let's take these two. Spot the differences:

The main difference? 668KB vs 156KB. Multiply that by an average update and, well.

Or:

461 vs 98.

These are just straight conversions to JPEG save-for-web/qual75; I'm not even trying to optimize. Which means, yes, I could probably make these comparisons even more lopsided. In conclusion why are you all using PNG for huge screenshots making the page load five times as slowly as it needs to goddamn :psyduck:

for the little dialogue headshots who cares, but the big screenshots? ummmm

Psion fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Oct 2, 2012

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

The Lone Badger posted:

I don't believe somebody's managing to do a bounty hunter run without referencing The Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates all the time. You're a better man than I.

It's the Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries these days, and has been changed as such in the archives. Some lawyers wrote Howard Tayler a very polite cease-and-desist a few years back asking him to change it. Defense of copyright and all that.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Psion posted:

This is not how image formats work.

this is old, but still completely correct.

http://www.r1ch.net/img-formats/

These are just straight conversions to JPEG save-for-web/qual75; I'm not even trying to optimize. Which means, yes, I could probably make these comparisons even more lopsided. In conclusion why are you all using PNG for huge screenshots making the page load five times as slowly as it needs to goddamn :psyduck:

for the little dialogue headshots who cares, but the big screenshots? ummmm

Well that's both fair and enlightening so I will switch to JPEGs! :buddy:

SirPhoebos posted:

Sorry. :( From what I gathered more people wanted to see more Light stuff. Hopefully the last one demonstrated that I won't be doing only the Light options though! And who knows where we may end up. ;) (I certainly don't, I haven't planned that far ahead yet!)

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
Having all Sith classes being light side is a bit ridiculous.
You do not have to make every Dark side choice,but what's the fun without some YOU WA SHOCK

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

The only solution is to make all the Republic runs Dark Side.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

SirSamVimes posted:

You can be a right snobby bastard if you choose the consular, it really does play into the whole "jedi are morally uptight hypocritical douches" thing that a lot of Sith have.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

SirSamVimes posted:

That's the plan.

Either in this thread or in another one, I'll be putting up my first update this weekend, probably, as a Dark Side Trooper.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

It's a sub-optimal plan, as having at least 1 dark side/light side member per faction would let you show off all the content for the shared missions.

I get that dark side Imperial doesn't jive with anyone's actual morals, but someone should have bitten the bullet and did one for the LP.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Psion posted:

In conclusion why are you all using PNG for huge screenshots making the page load five times as slowly as it needs to goddamn :psyduck:

My computer refuses to save a .jpeg without artifacting to hell even on uncompressed ones. I've tried with GIMP, IRFANVIEW, and just for kicks saving from a .jpeg to a .jpeg and every time it turns into a garbled mess. It's actually best / least noticeable when I save with MSPaint for some reason :psyduck:

The only (free) thing I haven't tried yet is Paint Plus, but I'm not certain it'll make a difference. Also, waiting on a new page for my next update.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Oct 3, 2012

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
So 1.4 rolled a few days ago.
I kinda want to try the new operation, but I am not paying just for that.
It was hard enough to find people for operations when people actually played the game though.
I wonder if all of you actually manage one day to do one for this LP

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

As fun as it is to watch a light-side Sith run, my inner :spergin: gets upset that your superiors don't seem to call you out on picking the Light-Side option, since lore-wise being a mustache-twirling psycho is practically a job requirement-at least according to the (admittedly stupid) canon.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

SirPhoebos posted:

As fun as it is to watch a light-side Sith run, my inner :spergin: gets upset that your superiors don't seem to call you out on picking the Light-Side option, since lore-wise being a mustache-twirling psycho is practically a job requirement-at least according to the (admittedly stupid) canon.

Dark-side Jedi get the same treatment. The plot must go on.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

SirPhoebos posted:

As fun as it is to watch a light-side Sith run, my inner :spergin: gets upset that your superiors don't seem to call you out on picking the Light-Side option

Just wait, I promise it'll be worthwhile.

Promethium
Dec 31, 2009
Dinosaur Gum

SirPhoebos posted:

It's also often hard to show off in an LP since you don't get to see the alternate dialogue paths. Mort got a barely passing grade in his interrogation exam back on Korriban for his choices, so he got the "you’re far from being able to impress Darth Baras" talk, but it's possible to ace or flunk that exam.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Anatharon posted:

That's the plan.

Either in this thread or in another one, I'll be putting up my first update this weekend, probably, as a Dark Side Trooper.

Man, I wanted to do the Trooper :( Right then, I call dibs on a Smuggler.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

PoptartsNinja posted:

My computer refuses to save a .jpeg without artifacting to hell even on uncompressed ones. I've tried with GIMP, IRFANVIEW, and just for kicks saving from a .jpeg to a .jpeg and every time it turns into a garbled mess. It's actually best / least noticeable when I save with MSPaint for some reason :psyduck:

The only (free) thing I haven't tried yet is Paint Plus, but I'm not certain it'll make a difference. Also, waiting on a new page for my next update.

I don't even want to know what you've done to your computer that it cannot handle a JPEG. Try paint.NET?

Capturing in PNG is a great idea, because it's lossless, but four people posting like eight megabytes of png per update is just ludicrous.

Catsworth posted:

Well that's both fair and enlightening so I will switch to JPEGs! :buddy:

Let Poptarts be your warning: not all JPEG compressors are made equal. MSPaint's is awful, for example, since there's no quality slider so it's usually set to "rear end." The Tech Support Fort has some good guides on Irfanview which is free and popular. I use Photoshop because I've been using Photoshop for far, far too long and am a tool of the man. GIMP has an even worse user interface than Photoshop - which is quite an achievement - but is also very capable once you get your brain around it. Again, see the TSF.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Psion posted:

I don't even want to know what you've done to your computer that it cannot handle a JPEG. Try paint.NET?

It's not that my compy can't handle them. It's just that I can see the artifacting and it bothers me. I'm not even sure anyone else would notice.

Or something's gone corrupt on me, but since everything else works I'm probably just being too picky.

I'll try it out for episode 19, since I haven't uploaded pictures for it yet. 18's done already, though.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Oct 3, 2012

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

I, too, will try and switch over to .jpeg for my updates. How are people handling the pages with 3 updates? Is that too many? We could consider adopting a "2 updates-per-page" rule, although I'm worried that will just lead to a lot of low-content posting.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

3/4 updates are fine really, the updates are really short anyway and sometimes there's not a lot to talk about.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Psion posted:

Let Poptarts be your warning: not all JPEG compressors are made equal. MSPaint's is awful, for example, since there's no quality slider so it's usually set to "rear end." The Tech Support Fort has some good guides on Irfanview which is free and popular. I use Photoshop because I've been using Photoshop for far, far too long and am a tool of the man. GIMP has an even worse user interface than Photoshop - which is quite an achievement - but is also very capable once you get your brain around it. Again, see the TSF.

Yeah, I'll give it a shot and see if it actually works before making my entire update into them. I've been using GIMP though and I'm pretty sure I know how to do it but you're right about the interface, especially after using Photoshop.

Anyway if people don't mind more updates on a page I'll start to work on more (Longer too if you guys want) since I need catch up. And remember this is just the beginning. Atronie still has time to be a cackling psycopath if that's what people want. :getin:

(For now I was trying to play with specific things in mind: Dislikes the Sith, but has to go along with them for now. Hates the Jedi who she feels left her to be a slave instead of saving her. Hates bullies or people who take advantage of others. Wants to help those weaker than she is and people who she perceives as innocent.)

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

PoptartsNinja posted:

It's not that my compy can't handle them. It's just that I can see the artifacting and it bothers me. I'm not even sure anyone else would notice.

Or something's gone corrupt on me, but since everything else works I'm probably just being too picky.

This seems likely.

Still, it's not like PNG doesn't have its place - you're never forced to use all one format. For some really text-heavy screenshot (I dunno, maybe TOR has hot datapad action) sure hit that sucker with a PNG.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Sith Warrior: Update 18 - Welcome to Arkham

Sith Temple (recommended listening)

Well, that was singularly disappointing.
At least we’ll get paid by the Imperials. That’s almost like treasure.
Oh, hey. Another crazy guy?

… Another crazy guy.
So you’ve finally found our hidden temple. It’s long since time--the followers of the Dark Path battle my forces, and your cruelty is needed.
This temple isn’t exactly hidden. There’s a path from Kaas City.
There are a couple of legends about it, though--
Do you mock me? No one finds this temple, nor this planet, by accident--nor without my approval. For I am Lord Pharshol!
I oversaw this temple’s construction, and I have ruled the jungle ever since. Now you will serve me.
You’re not making any sense. The Dark Temple was built centuries ago.
You are confused. I remember clearing the jungle and laying each stone… and I am no immortal.
I think we’ve found our awake ghost.
Now do as I require, and the riches of the temple will be yours.
Did he just--I like this ghost!
The teachings of the Dark Path lured my apprentice Anyarah away--but I will have her back. You will retrieve her from the temple depths.
How can anyone survive in the temple?
Whatever do you mean? Many live within the temple--it is our only sanctuary on this abominable world.
I do not know how my rivals reached my apprentice, but I know where she went. The Dark Path hides near here.
Kill the followers of the Dark Path. Fight your way to their altar, and Anyarah must confront you. Do this--or be punished by my power.
I don’t believe you have any power.
Hey! Stop taunting the Sith ghost!

Was that it? I’ve been electrocuted better by statues.
Now you have seen the power of a Dark Lord of the Sith. Now we are finished.
You may--
Emphasis on ‘may’
--be Sith--but something’s very strange here.
The followers of the Dark Path are not far. Go, and I will await you.

Awfully bright for a ‘Dark Path.’
I think we may have discovered the only well-lit area on Dromund Kaas.

You must be Lord Pharshol’s “apprentice.” He sent me to find you.
Yes. No. No.
She whispers to me, tells me to go back to Lord Pharshol, that I belong to Pharshol, but it’s wrong. Something’s wrong!
Tell me what happened to you.
I was someone else, before I came to the temple. I was powerful. I was Sith!
But she keeps saying I’m an apprentice… just an apprentice. And I hate her, but my hate isn’t making me strong enough.
Who are you, if not an apprentice?
I came into the temple from the city. I remember the lights of the Citadel… and then she pushed it all away.
She says she’s Anyarah. She says we serve Pharshol. She says there’s no city out there. Just jungle.

I knew it. Curse her. She’s still in my head, but she’s--
She’s my enemy, and I am Sith. I can defeat her. I will.
Is there anything I can do?
No. I’m struggling, but I’m also remembering. It takes concentration.
I came from Kaas City. Like you. But the temple makes people think… strange things, remember being different people.
I’m not an apprentice. That workman… he isn’t Lord Pharshol. But we thought we were. We played roles. We even had the power.
How could that be?
There’s a power in the temple, and I can feel it. Beyond that, I don’t know.
I don’t know how long my mind will stay my own. So, I need to leave here, now.
Get moving, then. And be careful.
I suggest you leave the temple quickly--before thoughts enter your head, too.

Ah. My spies tell me you found the Dark Path--and it seems you survived their fury.
Did you find Anyarah? Did you see my apprentice there?
Anyarah’s not your apprentice. None of this is what you believe.
She’s determined to remain with the Dark Path, then? How disappointing.
Still, you struck a blow at my rivals, and the Dark Path will not move against me soon.
You may leave with your life. Take this reward--a token in acknowledgement of your efforts--and go.
I don’t like this ghost.
I still have questions for you, Lord Pharshol.
Do not try my patience. Go from here now.

Well. I’m all ‘ancient Sith tomb-raid’-ed out.
Just one more.
I’ve got a good feeling about this one.

I’ve got a really bad feeling about this.

I guess that would depend on who you are and who you ask.
And whether or not you’re an automated instruction manual for a set of gigantic engines we forced a slave species to work themselves to extinction building and concealing into Dromund Kaas’s mantle a thousand years ago for no reason other than because we’re Sith.
But really, jokes aside, why the hell do you have a caterpillar on your head?
A careful answer. But you certainly don’t need to fear me. This image is all that remains of Kel’eth Ur. Like so many before me, I challenged the Emperor and was buried in this temple.
Fortunately, I had just enough time to make this--an interactive image that would transmit my secrets to whomever was bold enough to find my tomb and unlock it.
I unlocked your tomb, so start transmitting.
Patience, and everything will become clear.
The way of the Sith lies in channeling the Force through the use of powerful emotions.
Fear is the chief of these. The Sith feed on palpable dread.
What’s the secret, then?
It’s a lie. Fear is a lie. Passion, a lie.
Fear gives temporary power, and passion is easily manipulated. Real strength in the Force comes when one is no longer afraid.
And one can purge fear when one stops grasping--after power, after things, after life itself--and allows the Force to guide him. There is only the Force.
What do you mean, “there’s only the Force”?
Just that--everything there is, life and death alike, is wrapped up in the Force.
What I learned only lives on through this image and its device, Yet, I am one with the Force, eternal and at peace.
Take them--take my teachings to the Sith. They will find power there, but a different kind--not of darkness, but light.
The world must know what you’ve learned.
Good. The Sith should know--fear is not the only way.
As for me, my message is concluded. I will now depart.
Looting another tomb is probably pushing our luck. Let’s go get the Ravager.

Great, another box.
Big difference this time.
What’s that?

This one is actually Evil.
You’re really bad at “inspiring confidence,” you know that?

… Such a small thing, to carry such dread.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

So I realized I forgot to link to Harkun's first video in the last update. I edited it in in case anyone wants to watch it. Sorry!

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
God, Harkun and Ffon are such dicks, it makes torturing somebody to death with psychic lighting a reasonable course of action.

With 1.4's new facial emotes, you can get some really comical facial expressions now with the right face.

Unless you made a Sith Warrior with a goatee, then it is just various shades of :mad:

PoptartsNinja posted:

… Such a small thing, to carry such dread.

Oh no! Morty found the One Ring!

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
I'm an idiot who didn't notice a whole 'nother page.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Bad Moon posted:

Oh no! Morty found the One Ring!

One mindripper to rule them all, one mindripper to find them,
one mindripper to bring them all and in the darkness mindrip them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

I really like the temple area but Kel'eth Ur's outfit is so god drat ridiculous. :stare:

I've got another update ready but this time I really will wait for a new page, pinky swear.

• Locked thread