Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Just go to a different universe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Alhazred posted:

He kinda did, only in comic book form. A lot of the ideas and designs for Dune were used in his comic book the Metabarons:

Yeah, I've seen Unseen Dune, which covers a lot of this territory. The concept art was done by a wide variety of luminaries such as Moebius and Chris Foss. I'm linking to the PYF Concept Art thread (which has languished as of late), so see it before it goes to Archives.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I sort of think of the Jodorowsky Dune as something that could never really have happened- too much money required, too many volatile personalities, a hard sell for distributors, etc. But it's a wonderful dream.

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe
The conversation that always arises about how crazy Jodorowsky's Dune would've been always amuses me, because I mean... the Dune movie we got was pretty loving crazy too. Crazy boring as well, but hey. Metabarons is probably better than Jodo's Dune movie would've been anyway. It's really awesome.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
Does The Metabarons actually take place in the Dune universe?

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe
No, it's an original and completely gonzo multi-generational space opera by Jodorowsky & Juan Giminez. It re-uses some of his Dune ideas and throws in a shitload of new ones to boot.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Does The Metabarons actually take place in the Dune universe?

It takes place in the Jodoverse

Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

All I remember about the Dune movie is there was footage of one of the bad guys dying and falling over a railing, and in every single battle they'd cut to that footage at some point. That dude died and fell over a railing like eight times throughout the course of the movie.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lynch's Dune is worth watching just for the production design. The costumes, sets and props are all fantastic.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Is it OK with you guys if we discussed posters in the poster thread?

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

PULPY. SWEATY.

All of these people are so sweaty.

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.
So am I lead to believe that the film may be a bit...well...PULPY...and somewhat moist?

edit: how dare you beat me to the obvious joke!

Professor Clumsy
Sep 12, 2008

It is a while still till Sunrise - and in the daytime I sleep, my dear fellow, I sleep the very deepest of sleeps...
That quote is weird. I don't feel right about having a film be described as "sweaty."

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

Professor Clumsy posted:

That quote is weird. I don't feel right about having a film be described as "sweaty."

I'm just imagining a really exhausted and overworked orange.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I wish they advertised every "thriller" as "thrilling!".

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Professor Clumsy posted:

Clearly you've never seen 12 Angry Men.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Am I the only one that is just cheesed right the gently caress off by individual character posters?

I mean, I guess I see why they do it, showcase individual actors and whatnot but

it's loving stupid.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
"CHUNKY, CREAMY,
outrageously dripping...
with the PUNGENT smell
of outrageously GOOEY, STICKY drama."

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Sockser posted:

Am I the only one that is just cheesed right the gently caress off by individual character posters?

I mean, I guess I see why they do it, showcase individual actors and whatnot but

it's loving stupid.

There are times when it's appropriate, but them doing it for what seems like every single film these days is taking it a bit far. Something like The Avengers I get it for, but why does The Paperboy need them?

Also, I'm really upset that this movie isn't based off of the video game Paperboy.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

TheJoker138 posted:

There are times when it's appropriate, but them doing it for what seems like every single film these days is taking it a bit far. Something like The Avengers I get it for, but why does The Paperboy need them?

Also, I'm really upset that this movie isn't based off of the video game Paperboy.

Because we turn them into totems and bunting and put them up in movie theaters and because people will like an actor and go see it because of them and also because of egos.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Is Nicole Kidman also The Paperboy?

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

kiimo posted:

Because we turn them into totems and bunting and put them up in movie theaters and because people will like an actor and go see it because of them and also because of egos.

No lie, if I were to ever become an A-list actor I would wallpaper my house with all my character posters.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Is The Paperboy based off of the NES game?

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Not strictly a poster, but drat

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/independent/miamiconnection/

Looks like a large percentage of my teenage VHS rentals have risen from the grave and jumped in a Brundle Telepod together :)

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Not strictly a poster, but drat

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/independent/miamiconnection/

Looks like a large percentage of my teenage VHS rentals have risen from the grave and jumped in a Brundle Telepod together :)

Hahaha, I love the explosion added to the scene on the lower right.

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

The main guy's face looks like it's shifted juust to the right of where his face is supposed to be on its head :ohdear:

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!
I know it's trite to say that something looks like those painted African movie murals, but...

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

No Jane Lynch, no sale.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Linda Hamilton's face appears to be a Neutron star.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
...and the role of Linda Hamilton will be played by the Green Goblin.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Linda Hamilton's sunglasses make her face look all weird. It reminds me of :pwn:

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Linda Hamilton, too much pride to appear in Terminator 3, but "hard times"? Hell yeah, sign her up!

Farbtoner
May 17, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Professor Clumsy posted:

PYF sweaty movies

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

The "flow" in Hustle & Flow must have referred to sweat.

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

Given the Cruisechat in another CD thread, I feel this mansweat is warranted:

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Every individual thing about this poster is the worst thing. Badly photoshopped, horrible composition, premise blatantly depicted along with a tagline explaining it, wacky lowercase title in silly font, a loving sheep.

"Cat Stevens in: Nuns on the Run: Port of Call Ireland"

It's a shame, the trailer makes the movie look not-terrible. Mediocre, but not as awful as that poster.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Farbtoner posted:

PYF sweaty movies

What is this, the first episode of Cheers?

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Farbtoner posted:

PYF sweaty movies
phonepostin', so no pic of The Rock hosing sweat out of every pore in Fast Five... Some severe all-body hyperhydrosis going on :o:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Farbtoner posted:

PYF sweaty movies

Gotta give 110%
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1F4W0R1Zr_8