Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TShields
Mar 30, 2007

We can rule them like gods! ...Angry gods.
I ran Zer0 as a sniper the vast majority of the game until I became frustrated with my lovely sniper rifles and the Golden Chest refused to give me a new one after 5 successive openings, so I decided to respec Deception. I really enjoy it so far. Anyone have a decent build? And that is everyone's opinion on Two-Fang? I'm not sure I like it.. It's cool for some weapons, but sniper rifles with small clips, sometimes you just don't want to spit out two bullets when actually lining up just ONE MORE shot could be crucial.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burning Mustache
Sep 4, 2006

Zaeed got stories.
Kasumi got loot.
All I got was a hole in my suit.
So I just finished the Uncle Teddy quest and am about to turn it in.
I read up which guns I get for turning it in to either of the options, and I think I'm leaning towards the Lady Fist. Is there anything remarkable about the Tidal Wave that makes it worth picking it over the Lady Fist? I'm kind of sceptical given how notoriously lovely TK's Wave was in BL1.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Evil Fluffy posted:

I have a level 44 pistol that explodes for around 170k when thrown, how much does that do with a full(-2 shots?) clip, and does it do corrosive damage when thrown? :stare:

245k against a fleshy target. And it is caustic, I think I've seen it go over 400k against a Loader.

Edit: and by 400k I mean 705k.

DoctorStrangelove fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Oct 7, 2012

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

I was wondering why everyone on pandora doesn't just use the new-u when you kill them. Then I realised everyone respawns.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Tombot posted:

What's this game's sudden obsession with Bees? many of the legendary weapons are Bee themed and there are numerous Bee related skins for vehicles and players too. I don't remember anything like this from Borderlands 1.

Bees are awesome, man.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:

TShields posted:

I ran Zer0 as a sniper the vast majority of the game until I became frustrated with my lovely sniper rifles and the Golden Chest refused to give me a new one after 5 successive openings, so I decided to respec Deception. I really enjoy it so far. Anyone have a decent build? And that is everyone's opinion on Two-Fang? I'm not sure I like it.. It's cool for some weapons, but sniper rifles with small clips, sometimes you just don't want to spit out two bullets when actually lining up just ONE MORE shot could be crucial.
It's kind of gear dependent, but I've had some fun times with Two Fang and One Shot One Kill while using a weapon that only has 1 shot in the clip, like an infinity pistol or a 1-shot shotgun.

I don't think it's as effective as a sniping build or melee build, but I find it enjoyable cause I'm not big on those types playstyles. Which is funny since I might as well just play another class.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!
There's a challenge to find 5 vault symbols in Sanctuary. Before I go and play hide and seek for a couple of hours, can you do complete this challenge on the grounded Santuary or does it have to be airborne?

Merry Magpie
Jan 8, 2012

A superstitious cowardly lot.

Ez posted:

There's a challenge to find 5 vault symbols in Sanctuary. Before I go and play hide and seek for a couple of hours, can you do complete this challenge on the grounded Santuary or does it have to be airborne?

Either works. Take my advice and look up the locations.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
There's one location in particular that basically requires a "I'm going to explore every surface in Sanctuary possible!" kind of attitude. Just, dang.

Jun 29, 2009

Jusupov posted:

I'll upload the save once I finish putting every customization item in that backpack.

Oh this is awesome, I seem to have the worst luck with drop rates so this is going to be just amazing!

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
These are merely save files full of all customization items in the game. Both are just level 1 with nothing else in them.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B0x7bWk5-NUGSEcxNnFKNXZONUU
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B0x7bWk5-NUGMjdsdEl1NUYtbkE

Had to split the saves to two as the inventory was a bit bonkers around 350 items. Maybe it was just a glitch at the time but couldn't scroll anymore. Anyway download and save in
code:
C:\Users\yourname\Documents\My Games\Borderlands 2\WillowGame\SaveData\uniquenumber
Then load the chars one at a time and start clicking like mad until you can't click no more.

Unlocked customization items are saved in profile.bin so make sure you don't have that as read only if you've been doing golden key stuff.

(Pardon for the pun in the names, I tried changing it afterwards but couldn't for some reason)

edit: I recommend using the drop key and enter only for these.

If the links don't work here they are on sendspace
http://www.sendspace.com/file/25h8qf
http://www.sendspace.com/file/ynb130

Jusupov fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Oct 7, 2012

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

T1g4h posted:

I've been faffing about more with the HUDless screenshots:

This game really is pretty when you crank everything up. I quite like it without the black outline, think I may leave it like this. Also, if anybody thinks these might be too spoiler-y, feel free to yell at me :v:

Awesome pics. I'm sorry if you mentioned it before, but how did you get no HUD to work?

PageMaster
Nov 4, 2009
Interesting post from Randy's twitter:

https://twitter.com/DuvalMagic/status/254666987479904256

Get your Bee-facilitated farming in while you still can! A later post looks like they're looking at the amp-shot-drain values. I never used it in the main game, but I can't imagine trying to do any farming without it. Not too heartbroken since I figured it would become outdated as soon as the level caps were raised anyways, but it's still an interesting perspective by Gearbox on "nerfs" in a non-competitive coop game.

Jusupov posted:

I'll upload the save once I finish putting every customization item in that backpack.

Please say this includes skins from all four classes!

edit: just saw your latest post, that's awesome!

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

graybook posted:

There's one location in particular that basically requires a "I'm going to explore every surface in Sanctuary possible!" kind of attitude. Just, dang.
To add to this without giving anything away:
Vault symbols can be on standing-surfaces and not just walls.
Vault symbols can be partially obscured by objects.
Vault symbols can be real fuckin' small (like, Psycho midget head size instead of half a door tall).

All three of these are relevant to Sanctuary Vault symbols alone.

Synonamess Botch
Jun 5, 2006

dicks are for my cat

Jusupov posted:

These are merely save files full of all customization items in the game. Both are just level 1 with nothing else in them.

Had to split the saves to two as the inventory was a bit bonkers around 350 items. Maybe it was just a glitch at the time but couldn't scroll anymore. Anyway download and save in
code:
C:\Users\yourname\Documents\My Games\Borderlands 2\WillowGame\SaveData\uniquenumber
Then load the chars one at a time and start clicking like mad until you can't click no more.

Unlocked customization items are saved in profile.bin so make sure you don't have that as read only if you've been doing golden key stuff.

(Pardon for the pun in the names, I tried changing it afterwards but couldn't for some reason)

Chrome keeps giving me a redirect loop error. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Synonamess Botch fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Oct 7, 2012

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Synonamess Botch posted:

Chrome keeps giving me a redirect loop error. Any suggestions?

I'll put them on sendspace too then. Using chrome and those links work though.

Jusupov fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Oct 7, 2012

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!
You guys weren't kidding about the vault symbols in Sanctuary. I've been at it for over an hour and I've only found one, goddamn.

EDIT: 2 now

Ez fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Oct 7, 2012

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

EDIT: And another thing: I'm really impressed with the enemy variety in PT2. I was honestly expecting identical, tougher enemies with different names. Maybe even palette swapped. However, even far, far into PT2.5, I'm finding new enemies like this Super Badass Slagged Skag that make me appreciate some artist's ability to create new stuff by the bucketload. Thanks, artist guy.

I wouldn't really consider a Skag (existing enemy) of a new elemental type to be something to get impressed about like the Goliaths, which are new and awesome and have the best lines (excluding the Pyschos reciting Hamlet).

There's a very odd lack of female humanoid enemies in the Borderlands games though. Aside from General Knoxx are there any regular(ish) female enemies? All the bandits just seem to be guys which is kind of odd. You'd think there'd be at least one Amazonian group out there if nothing else.

Needing to have a point in a skill to get the bonuses from a class mod seems new. Couldn't you get the mod's bonuses without having the related skill(s) trained in the first game?

The Gripper posted:

Round 5 of the Hyperion Slaughter mission is just stupid, 7 waves of annoying as hell badass flying shield dudes, then in round 7 if you get put into fight for your life it lasts for half a second then immediately ends. I'm 33 now and I'm just going to leave this until I'm 40+ because spending 20 minutes only for that to happen sucks a lot of dick.

Also just realized that InnuendoBot is in Ore Chasm, subtle.

Run it with friends. Even going 4-man and with everyone having an corrosive weapons (like etech pistols) it was annoying. Being able to sit around a corner and fire enemy-seeking needles at badass constructors helped a lot though.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

Evil Fluffy posted:

Needing to have a point in a skill to get the bonuses from a class mod seems new. Couldn't you get the mod's bonuses without having the related skill(s) trained in the first game?

Nope.

AlternatePFG
Jun 19, 2012
So on True Vault Hunter mode, after you beat the final boss, do all of the quests/quest rewards that you have not completed scale to level 50? Is it all the unfinished quests, or just the ones you have not picked up yet?

GunblazeGriffin
Jan 27, 2009
I'm sorry if this is a silly question, but it's been ages since I beat Borderlands 1, and I just can't remember how this works.

If I finish PT1 with sidequests still in my log, will they go away for PT2 so I can pick them up again at level 50? Or do I need to finish them before beating PT1 so I can pick them up again?

Also, a massive thank you for those two saves; I'm going to get started on them now :D

*edit* How the hell did AlternatePFG and I manage to post basically the same question related to sidequests? Weird.

PageMaster
Nov 4, 2009

AlternatePFG posted:

So on True Vault Hunter mode, after you beat the final boss, do all of the quests/quest rewards that you have not completed scale to level 50? Is it all the unfinished quests, or just the ones you have not picked up yet?

All enemies will scale up to level 50+, but quest rewards for quests that you've already "picked up" will be at the level listed in the quest. I'm told that waiting to pick up the quest until post-game will enable level 50 quest rewards, but I picked up all the quests when I first got them so someone else can hopefully confirm this.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Ez posted:

You guys weren't kidding about the vault symbols in Sanctuary. I've been at it for over an hour and I've only found one, goddamn.

EDIT: 2 now

I normally absolutely hate looking up guides for things after 5 minutes of searching, but my friend did in our game.

Let's just say I'm quite glad he did.

seal it with a kiss
Sep 14, 2007

:3

Jusupov posted:

I'll put them on sendspace too then. Using chrome and those links work though.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/h7kqqj

This is cool, thanks for this. The "Dead Skin Mask" character doesn't seem to have have anything in its inventory though, for me. The Slayer character did though, thanks for making my Axton look a lot less generic.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Jusupov posted:

code:

If the links don't work here they are on sendspace
http://www.sendspace.com/file/h7kqqj
Are these new characters that get added to your profile or do they overwrite your existing guys?

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

We're just gonna open our tool palette and... get some entities... how about some nice happy trees? We'll put them near this barn. Give that cow some shade... There.
Found a pretty neat way to farm Vermnivorous last night.

Theres a small connection in Caustic Caverns that has a gun vending machine in it. If you sprint to there through the varkid infested tunnel, you can just sit in there while the varkids lounge about outside, morphing at their leisure. Even the larvae are too big to get through the door.

While we didn't get a Verm when we discovered this last night, we did get two ultimates just by waiting 5 minutes. I think it has potential and I'll try it again tonight.

GunblazeGriffin
Jan 27, 2009

Jusupov posted:

I cannot thank you enough for these!

I've generally never been one who cares about unlocking alternate outfits, but I've been crazy about trying to collect these for Borderlands 2. Thanks for saving me hours of farming :D

Here's the new look for now. With so many options, though, I'm sure it'll change.

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

We can rule them like gods! ...Angry gods.

FirstPersonShitter posted:

Are these new characters that get added to your profile or do they overwrite your existing guys?

I'm no expert, but I'd be careful if you have characters saved under the same number. His are 0005 and 0006 I think.

Edit: And yeah, Dead Skin Mask or whoever is empty. Is that by design?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Evil Fluffy posted:

I wouldn't really consider a Skag (existing enemy) of a new elemental type to be something to get impressed about like the Goliaths, which are new and awesome and have the best lines (excluding the Pyschos reciting Hamlet).

I'm impressed with all of the variety, is my point. This particular skag is something I just finally saw far into level 50.

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

My fabulous CoX shall live forever!

Irish Taxi Driver posted:

Theres a small connection in Caustic Caverns that has a gun vending machine in it. If you sprint to there through the varkid infested tunnel, you can just sit in there while the varkids lounge about outside, morphing at their leisure. Even the larvae are too big to get through the door.

While we didn't get a Verm when we discovered this last night, we did get two ultimates just by waiting 5 minutes. I think it has potential and I'll try it again tonight.

That is actually how I got Verm to spawn 5 times.

Imagine how much I want to punch a baby after 5 times not seeing a single decent thing drop from him.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Does salvadore only have one head type that's a helmet(the bl1 save one)?

GunblazeGriffin
Jan 27, 2009

If it's not too much trouble, could you post a picture of where this is on your map? It's early, but I just can't visualize where that is.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

TShields posted:

I'm no expert, but I'd be careful if you have characters saved under the same number. His are 0005 and 0006 I think.

Edit: And yeah, Dead Skin Mask or whoever is empty. Is that by design?

No. gently caress.

Fixed link, I uploaded (only to sendspace) the one I used to add skins for me it seems.

GunblazeGriffin
Jan 27, 2009

Jusupov posted:

No. gently caress.

That's strange. The Dead Skin Mask one I downloaded from the Google Docs had inventory items, mostly the Siren and car mods I was looking for.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Jusupov posted:

No. gently caress.

Wasn't empty when I tried him out.

GunblazeGriffin
Jan 27, 2009
Also, following up on my earlier question, if the quest log doesn't get reset going from PT1 to PT2, and I have the first quest in a chain that level 18 (i.e. "Go talk to Ellie"), will the subsequent quests in that chain scale to level 50?

For context, I'm close to beating PT1 and I still have about 5 sidequests to finish, including two arenas (Finks and the Annex). If I beat the game, will my quest log just go back to the way it was when I started the first playthrough, or will I be unable to pick up those quests again?

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

We're just gonna open our tool palette and... get some entities... how about some nice happy trees? We'll put them near this barn. Give that cow some shade... There.

GunblazeGriffin posted:

If it's not too much trouble, could you post a picture of where this is on your map? It's early, but I just can't visualize where that is.

I'm at work right now and BL2 wants me to download saves, and this is how I hosed up my SR3 save so I'm not going to do that :(

On your map ingame, its the lone vending machine symbol in the center of the map:

Right above the crosshairs in this random dude's image.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
PT 1 & 2 don't really interact with each other other than the badass rank stuff. They are basically separate modes.

GunblazeGriffin
Jan 27, 2009

I'm at work right now and BL2 wants me to download saves, and this is how I hosed up my SR3 save so I'm not going to do that :(

On your map ingame, its the lone vending machine symbol in the center of the map:

Right above the crosshairs in this random dude's image.

Thanks for the info! I can't wait to finally see him in person.

Senor Candle posted:

PT 1 & 2 don't really interact with each other other than the badass rank stuff. They are basically separate modes.

That's really good to hear. I already played through the Clan Wars quest on a different character, and I didn't want to do that whole mess again on this one, especially when I'm so close to finishing my first playthrough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

dis astranagant posted:

Wasn't empty when I tried him out.

The first time I downloaded it there was nothing in save006 but it worked on the second link. My Zer0 looks awesome now.

• Locked thread