Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Obeast posted:

I was just thinking about something... If the DVDs do well enough and GCCX gets enough exposure, would there be a chance that Nintendo of America (and maybe Europe) would consider putting the translated 3DS mini-challenges on the Nintendo Video service? I know it might be a long shot, but I think it would be really neat to have the 3DS challenges in their full 3D glory (and maybe some exclusive challenges for games not on the Japanese 3DS eShop).

Forget red tape, try red reinforced concrete.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Tobaccrow posted:

Because it's not in the spirit of the show

This is the real reason. Using unintended save exploits kind of ruins the entire point of the show, don't you think?

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

I didn't even know there were 3DS challenges. Are these available permanently if I had a Japanese 3DS or are they rotated/made unavailable after a while?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

They're all on youtube.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ

rdbbb posted:

Forget red tape, try red reinforced concrete.
drat... I'll still hope for it to happen, but like I said earlier, it's probably a long shot. :(

Hopefully, someone can figure out how to get the actual 3D versions of the videos and let people download them to their 3DSes through homebrew. I know I can watch them on YouTube, but I think it would be more fun to watch them in their full 3D-ness (especially when Arino blows bubbles towards the screen :3:).

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Mister Chief posted:

They're all on youtube.

Thanks but I am getting a Japanese 3DS regardless so I was just curious if I could see them there as well of if they're gone already.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
You can still see them. I saw them just a few weeks ago on there. You just have to navigate the Nintendo e-shop. As far as I know they're not being taken down.

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Obeast posted:

drat... I'll still hope for it to happen, but like I said earlier, it's probably a long shot. :(

Hopefully, someone can figure out how to get the actual 3D versions of the videos and let people download them to their 3DSes through homebrew. I know I can watch them on YouTube, but I think it would be more fun to watch them in their full 3D-ness (especially when Arino blows bubbles towards the screen :3:).

The thing is they're streamed through the eShop and not downloaded through any other app, so it's probably not able to hacked, either.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Katana Gomai posted:

Thanks but I am getting a Japanese 3DS regardless so I was just curious if I could see them there as well of if they're gone already.

Why are you getting a Japanese 3DS?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Mister Chief posted:

Why are you getting a Japanese 3DS?

3DS is region locked.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Which is exactly why I asked the question. Unless you're a crazy person and are buying two.

NBHS
Mar 2, 2012

"I'm here for you. To make children smile, to make profits rise, I am the subservient of the network.

"... did we get all that on tape?"

Mister Chief posted:

Which is exactly why I asked the question. Unless you're a crazy person and are buying two.

And this is the situation I find myself in. I've got import copies of Pokemon Black and Pokemon Conquest, but because of the region-locking they won't work on my DSiXL or 3DS. They'll only run on my old-rear end, first-gen, DS-phat (what I've had to dismantle and reassemble in a new casing on at least one occasion).

It'll run me some $500 to import that new Pikachu-print 3DS LL, but it'd let me play those titles on the larger screens they deserve... not to mention any other import titles I may wish to obtain. (That said, I paid $625 for a Playchoice-10 arcade machine earlier this year. That $500 could get me three, maybe five games for it!)

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Why are you importing Japanese games that have been released in English at a far greater cost to you?

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*
I wonder if it's coincidence that I decided to sub the Pokemon and Koei specials right when I was playing Pokemon Conquest...

Which brings me to wonder, how many people are interested in these other series-specific Season 1 eps: Sakura Wars, Momotaro Electric Railway and Derby Stallion? Not that I'm getting to them any time soon.

JfishPirate
Jun 24, 2006
I have been grossly misinformed about witches.

zari-gani posted:

I wonder if it's coincidence that I decided to sub the Pokemon and Koei specials right when I was playing Pokemon Conquest...

Which brings me to wonder, how many people are interested in these other series-specific Season 1 eps: Sakura Wars, Momotaro Electric Railway and Derby Stallion? Not that I'm getting to them any time soon.

I'd love to see the Momotaro Dentetsu one, that series seems really cool. It's a shame none of 'em will ever come out in English, I love weird boardgames like that.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Mister Chief posted:

If you must know, I'm going to Japan next year and I am learning the language. There are a ton of great DS games that never made it to the EU, it is/will be the same for 3DS. Also they got an awesome Animal Crossing Special Edition we'll never get. :3: And yes, I own an EU one as well.

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Excuse me, do you know where Saiyans hang out?

zari-gani posted:

I'm absolutely interested in Momotaru Dentetsu and Sakura Wars, they both seem like games that Arino would have enjoyed and more importantly at that point in the show weren't too skill-based.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

zari-gani posted:

Arino was made for Sakura Wars. :neckbeard:

How Ingratiating!
Sep 7, 2011

Infinite ammo vs. CYBER PUNCH!!

Mister Chief posted:

Why are you importing Japanese games that have been released in English at a far greater cost to you?
Pokemon was mentioned, so I'll add that Japanese wi-fi events only go to Japanese Pokemon games. Pokemon Black is also entirely in kana with a kanji option, and Conquest has furigana, which is great for reading practice.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Bocc Kob posted:

Arino was made for Sakura Wars. :neckbeard:

Sorry, he doesn't play it even during the interview segments. That episode has him challenge Roommania #203.

IIRC you do get to see a few seconds of the stage show, though.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ

zari-gani posted:

I'm curious about Derby Stallion just because I don't understand how or why those games are popular in Japan.

GidgetNomates
May 6, 2010

I love this hobby:
stealing your mother's diary
I'd like to see Derby Stallion just because I like newer horse racing games and it'd be fun to see an old and probably terrible one.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

Random Stranger posted:

Sorry, he doesn't play it even during the interview segments. That episode has him challenge Roommania #203.

IIRC you do get to see a few seconds of the stage show, though.

My interest is entirely dead now. :negative:

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
Do people want to see me put up the the raws for Game Center [CX] episodes?

GidgetNomates
May 6, 2010

I love this hobby:
stealing your mother's diary
I really wish they hadn't done Roommania #203 in the first season because that game would be excellent for a full episode challenge.

e: which means he should play New Roommania :colbert:

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

joek0 posted:

Do people want to see me put up the the raws for Game Center [CX] episodes?

We'd all appreciate you putting them up but I don't think we need to watch the process

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

redmercer posted:

We'd all appreciate you putting them up but I don't think we need to watch the process

Any request on which Game Center [CX] raw I should upload first.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

How Ingratiating! posted:

Pokemon was mentioned, so I'll add that Japanese wi-fi events only go to Japanese Pokemon games. Pokemon Black is also entirely in kana with a kanji option, and Conquest has furigana, which is great for reading practice.

Can you explain that Kanji option to me?

I mean, doing quick research, and apparently, there's a certain amount of kanji you are supposed to learn by a certain age. So I'm guessing the option is there to make sure little kids can still read the game, but adults can have an easier to read version?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

GidgetNomates posted:

which means he should play New Roommania :colbert:

It certainly has a distinct cover.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

joek0 posted:

Any request on which Game Center [CX] raw I should upload first.

A game that doesnt require a lot of reading or speech would be great, like a puzzle or platformer.

I can imagine Quiz My Angel would be an awful raw to watch.

Maybe Super Gussun Oyoyo, thats a puzzleplatformer.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

He's talking about episodes from the first season.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Oh shoot, I thought he had all the raws. Oh well.

NBHS
Mar 2, 2012

"I'm here for you. To make children smile, to make profits rise, I am the subservient of the network.

How Ingratiating! posted:

In addition to these reasons, I obtained Black so I could do an import review for the website I was writing for at the time, and actually ordered the Conquest import THE DAY it was announced for the US. (I had serious doubts. Ordered Battle & Get: Pokemon Typing DS at the same time, which is apparently giving the US a miss and heading straight on to Europe... free from that strange Nihon-shiki romanization that makes my eyes hurt.)

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

zari-gani posted:

Sakura Wars is pretty much my favorite game/anime/musical theater franchise, if that makes any difference.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

Meme Emulator posted:

Oh shoot, I thought he had all the raws. Oh well.

I have raws for every GCCX epeisode. I don't have raws for all the special episodes though. Was there an episode raw not on my channel that you would like me to upload. The only raws I have yet to upload are ones that have already been subbed or many of the ones from season 15 and Smart Ball from season #14. I will upload Smart Ball when I get a chance. I upload videos on YT slowly as YT uploader sucks on my PC. I have some of the raws for the live specials or VC challenges.

I an asking about season 1 episodes since it is the current disscussion on the forums now.

Super Gussun Oyoyo is already up on my channel.

My YT playlist of GCCX raws.
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL085808F22D35F9A4&feature=view_all

NBHS
Mar 2, 2012

Cemetry Gator posted:

I mean, doing quick research, and apparently, there's a certain amount of kanji you are supposed to learn by a certain age. So I'm guessing the option is there to make sure little kids can still read the game, but adults can have an easier to read version?

There's an NPC in the first town, who toggles the game between "occasional kanji" and "no kanji anywhere."

As opposed to Pokemon Conquest, which always uses kanji but provides furigana... if you can make out hiragana characters jammed into 25 pixels. Again, another reason I'm tired of playing it on my first-gen DS-phat.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

What was that game Arino was supposed to practise over the holidays and then he spends the whole time playing Dragon Quest instead?

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C
That's how we make it right

Corridor posted:

What was that game Arino was supposed to practise over the holidays and then he spends the whole time playing Dragon Quest instead?

I'm doing this from memory and I'm probably wrong, but I think Prince of Persia?

How Ingratiating!
Sep 7, 2011

Infinite ammo vs. CYBER PUNCH!!

Cemetry Gator posted:

Pokemon games are easy as hell to read if you know Japanese. The kanji option in the latest Pokemon games changes it from pure kana to a mix of kana and kanji, with many words changed to different ones with the same meaning, instead of a 100% straight conversion from [word in kana] → [kanji reading of the same word]. The kanji option lacks furigana, however, so you'd have to know some first. I'm guessing 5th-grade level or so, for Pokemon.

In addition to what was mentioned above, Pokemon's kanji option can also be turned on anytime through the options menu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Mister Chief posted:

It certainly has a distinct cover.

What the balls is that?