Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TenaciousTomato
Jul 17, 2007

Interworld and the New Innocence

Wezlar posted:

GKMC is pretty awesome

snippets or did it leak?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral BJ
May 28, 2005
Kicking ass and taking names
It leaked.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Trap God is pretty tight so far despite the terrible 1017 drops at the beginning of a few songs. Nice production on what I've heard.

cardedagain
Aug 28, 2006

Bstyles posted:

Tired bullshit. :lol:

http://clatl.com/atlanta/hip-hops-shadowy-empire/Content?oid=1264441

EDIT:
"Go dig your partner up nigga, bet he can’t say poo poo
And if you’re looking for the kid I bet he’s on 6."

if you're looking for the kid, I'll be in Zone 6.

Mr. Muthafuckin' eXquire dropped a mixtape yesterday, or his twitter says that he attempted to and was told to remove it.

anyhow, here it is:
http://www.sharebeast.com/z3brylrjc6t5

TenaciousTomato
Jul 17, 2007

Gotti got pushed to tomorrow. Gucci is kinda meh so far.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
I assume everyone here already knows what Gucci is referring to when he says zone 6 but just in case...

edit: \/\/\/\/ yeah zone 6 is pretty much all of the parts of East Atlanta that fall under APD jurisdiction. Most of eastside is Dekalb county (and a different police department) but people from Decatur and such still tend to rep Zone 6. gently caress the technicalities. T.I. and Jeezy are westside... probably zone 1. Or 3. Somebody will have to correct me on that. Anyway, all the zones are pretty hard except 2 and 5.

thathonkey fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Oct 18, 2012

cardedagain
Aug 28, 2006

thathonkey posted:

I assume everyone here already knows what Gucci is referring to when he says zone 6 but just in case...

zone 6 contains more neighborhoods than any other zone.

animal drums
Jul 8, 2010

Bstyles posted:

Yo Gotti making a lot of moves. This guy right here is as real as it gets. a real humble dude. He makes most of his moves on the streets and making music for extra income.

thats the worst endorsement ever for someones music dude.

Doctor Tupac
Oct 9, 2012

by T. Finninho
Hows the new exquire? Id grab it now but im at work

I heard the new asap is pretty bad due to constant dj drops

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Admiral BJ posted:

It leaked.

Oh good lord it owns

Edit: MAAD City might actually be my favorite song of the last like three years

Edit 2: Money Trees is awesome too

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Oct 18, 2012

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Gucci dissed Gotti on twitter saying "Why would another rapper release a mixtape on 10/17, u aint me!" Could be at Wiz but I don't think Gucci cares about him. Gucci is trying to burn every bridge for attention.

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

Trap God is really boring so far

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah

Doctor Tupac posted:

Hows the new exquire? Id grab it now but im at work

I heard the new asap is pretty bad due to constant dj drops

Did LongLiveA$ap also leak or is this just rumor?

TenaciousTomato
Jul 17, 2007

Who cares Kendrick is out :colbert:

Doctor Tupac
Oct 9, 2012

by T. Finninho

Robert Analog posted:

I was talking about Harlem Mob but I just checked datpiff and it turns out that tape came out like a month ago :downs:

Slackerish
Jan 1, 2007

Hail Boognish

Robert Analog posted:

It hasn't, does it even have a release date?

He's probably referring to the Mob mixtape which was indeed pretty forgettable.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Blah after finishing Trap God it is actually kinda meh... I like a few of the songs but there is way too much mediocre-to-bad stuff in the mix. I guess I need to get on that Kendrick leak.

Doctor Tupac
Oct 9, 2012

by T. Finninho
Listening to new Kendrick right now. Good stuff, way better than anything aftermath has put out in a long rear end time.

Edit: God drat, Backstreet Freestyle is awesome

Doctor Tupac fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Oct 18, 2012

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

GKMC is rap album of the year

TenaciousTomato
Jul 17, 2007

ill take ya girlfriend and put that pussy on a pedestal

bitch dont kill my vibe :cool:

chomper
Aug 16, 2007

Los Bastardos

Diodeous posted:

I was looking around on youtube and came across Lifers Group, which is a late 80s/early 90s group of imprisoned MCs who were AFAIK all from the same prison and it got me thinking, is there a current "Lifers Group" that you would put together of people who are serving life or long-term prison bids?
I'm having a hard time putting together my list, but here's some of the guys I would probably want on my 'Lifers Group': Max B, BG, Big Lurch and then my list really falls of from there. If I swapped out Max B for C-Murder I could keep it southern at least

What about SPM/South Park Mexican out of Houston? He's currently doing 45 years for aggravated sexual assault... on a child.

Isn't Pharaoh from the South Park Coalition still on lock, too?

-ninja edit-
7 tracks into GKMC.... amazing so far. Definitely go grab it if you haven't already.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

The new Kendrick is great, but at times the R&B choruses go on for too long. Most songs are kind of bloated at 5-6 minutes with just a couple of actualy verses. Still an exceptional album though

an skeleton
Apr 23, 2012

scowls @ u
I like Trap God. shows a lot of versatility, also has a lot of weak spots but I don't really expect Gucci to release a comprehensive masterpiece nowadays.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

the new exquire tape is insanely good for something that gets dropped out of nowhere with no fanfare. as good as his other tapes.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Oh poo poo ya'll were not kidding about GKMC. As was pointed out earlier in the thread, Hit-Boy's production on Backstreet Freestyle is so dope.

edit: as is the extended version of Swimming Pools

thathonkey fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Oct 18, 2012

GET MONEY
Sep 7, 2003

:krakken::krakken::krakken:
I like GKMC as a project, it feels like I am being ensconced in the streets of CPT, but it's really heavy. Like there are so many words continuously it becomes droning. It's a good album but other than The Recipe and DKMV it's not going to get the replays of Trap God. KL is not seeing Gucci on the unabashed violence and opulence, word to track 5.

doctor thodt
Apr 2, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The Man With the Iron Fists soundtrack is streaming here:

http://soultemplemusic.bandcamp.com/album/the-man-with-the-iron-fists-soundtrack

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Though it has lots of great moments I agree after a couple listens that GKMC is kind of a chore to get all the way through because of all the Churchy filler (which IMHO is very boring). I will be skipping the end of a lot of songs as a result.

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

A little while back Lil Ugly Mane asked people to send him instrumentals, but only if they'd never ever made a beat before. He released the first compilation, the first 15 songs out of the 317 he received.

http://liluglymane.bandcamp.com/alb...way-of-motivati

The results are about what you'd expect, but its worth it just for the insane 8 minute remix of Rubber Band Man made by an 11 year old.

The Flying Milton
Jan 18, 2005

Freddy Gibbs with Method Man? Danny Brown and Raekwan? Yes please. I like this. Alot.

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with
Phat Radical Mathematical type Scriptures
That was pretty crazy. Time to make a beat I guess.

I'm watching Too.$hort on couples therapy right now it's making me vaguely sad.

Sir Thats Gross
May 27, 2006
I'm digging GKMC, but by the time I get to "Real" I'm exhausted. "Sing of Me, I'm Dying of Thirst" is a solid track, but it is draining to listen to. I've got to say though, I'm thoroughly impressed with Kendrick's work here. A friend of mine and I were debating if he was releasing GKMC too soon and should sit on it for a little while. I figured it was time to release it.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Wow the production on GKMC is unreal; Only on poetic justice right now too

The Rooster
Jul 25, 2004

If you've got white people problems I feel bad for you son
I've got 99 problems but being socially privileged ain't one
Really digging GKMC as well, but it is a really somber listen.

In other news SEAN P http://rapradar.com/2012/10/18/new-music-sean-price-bar-barian/

hobbez
Mar 1, 2012

Don't care. Just do not care. We win, you lose. You do though, you seem to care very much

I'm going to go ride my mountain bike, later nerds.
GKMC is solid so far. Might prefer Section 80 though. Still, it's good, and it will take more time for me to figure it all out.

How do you people listen to Gucci. :colbert:

E: Like check out this listening session. Gucci looks like literally the only person feeling his music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL6MLSJhfTs

hobbez fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Oct 18, 2012

cardedagain
Aug 28, 2006

dethkon posted:

That was pretty crazy. Time to make a beat I guess.

I'm watching Too.$hort on couples therapy right now it's making me vaguely sad.

just the idea of a rapper that sensationalized himself as a self-proclaimed "pimp" way too many times, now on a television show called "Couples Therapy" with some woman I never heard of, has me thinking "cash grab". it's been decades since Short's penned any decent rhymes.

counseling on television? it's like people's court.

Bstyles
Jan 29, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

This is fuckin' great. I'm diggin' this.

Slackerish
Jan 1, 2007

Hail Boognish
You folks set the bar unreasonably high for GKMC but I listened to it and it totally lived up to the hype. Love it. Album of the year.

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah
I'm really obsessive about music so I've been listening to the first part of M.A.A.D City for the last 6 hours but yeah it's really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Tupac
Oct 9, 2012

by T. Finninho
Even the bonus tracks on it are pretty good, unusual for any album, hip hop or not

• Locked thread