Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ivantod
Mar 27, 2010

Mahalo, fuckers.

TrampolineTales posted:

About the LP

Hotel Dusk: Room 215 is a point-and-click adventure game released for the Nintendo DS in 2007. It was developed by Cing, who also released Trace Memory (known as Another Code: Two Memories outside of the US). Hotel Dusk is, in my opinion, a very underrated adventure game. Everyone I've asked about Hotel Dusk has never heard of the game, which provides all the more motivation to make an LP of it. I don't want to give away too much of the story, but I remember a blog post summarizing the game as: "Twin Peaks in a hotel, but more laid back and with Take on Me's art style." What more could you ask for?

Also, since I'm guessing a lot of people haven't played Hotel Dusk, please don't post spoilers in this thread. Speculation is encouraged though.

Updates:

Update #1 - Intro

Why do your images have a row of inverted coloured pixels on the bottom and right edges? Is it like this in the game itself?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TrampolineTales
Oct 9, 2012

I detect the presence of scum.

ivantod posted:

Why do your images have a row of inverted coloured pixels on the bottom and right edges? Is it like this in the game itself?

I think that might be a capture glitch. I'll just crop the images when I resize them for the actual post.

DangerDan
May 31, 2011

FULTON: The Freshmaker
Edit: noooope.

DangerDan fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Nov 29, 2012

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

LesBeardly posted:

So, is there anyone out there that (by some miracle) hasn't played or watched the Mass Effect games, and would want to do commentary over them? Let me know. And if there's more than like, two responses, do everyone a favor and just e-mail me (lesbeardly at gmail) rather than spam the sandcastle.
I played a bit of Mass Effect 2 like four years ago and I quit because it wasn't for me. Also, how do you not have plat by now?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

TrampolineTales posted:

About the LP

Hotel Dusk: Room 215 is a point-and-click adventure game released for the Nintendo DS in 2007. It was developed by Cing, who also released Trace Memory (known as Another Code: Two Memories outside of the US). Hotel Dusk is, in my opinion, a very underrated adventure game. Everyone I've asked about Hotel Dusk has never heard of the game, which provides all the more motivation to make an LP of it. I don't want to give away too much of the story, but I remember a blog post summarizing the game as: "Twin Peaks in a hotel, but more laid back and with Take on Me's art style." What more could you ask for?

Also, since I'm guessing a lot of people haven't played Hotel Dusk, please don't post spoilers in this thread. Speculation is encouraged though.

Updates:

Update #1 - Intro

I understand if you don't want to commentate over the intro, but I'd still like to see an update from a bit later in the game so I can actually see what you're going to go for with your commentary.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.

TrampolineTales posted:

About the LP

Updates:

Update #1 - Intro

I suppose this is what I get for being a lazy rear end in a top hat and not making a proper test post (or finishing my LP). If you make this thread, I am going to be all over it. Hotel Dusk is one of my favorite games ever, flaws and all.

I brought the screenshots thing up in the TSF a few months ago, and the general consensus was that 2X was too large. They're perfectly visible at normal DS size.

Ed: Oh, and video and music links are a must. I have the entire soundtrack if you need it.

asymmetrical
Jan 29, 2009

the absence or violation of symmetry
The text seems a little blurry. I can't remember, is that just how they are in the intro cutscene? I'd really like some sharp capture with that nice artwork.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

asymmetrical posted:

The text seems a little blurry. I can't remember, is that just how they are in the intro cutscene? I'd really like some sharp capture with that nice artwork.

It's not nearly that blurry:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

inthesto posted:

Incoming test post for Battle for Wesnoth:

http://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=3391

It won't bother testing an OP, since I'm confident I can make those interesting and involved enough (and it's loving Wesnoth, there's no shortage of mechanics to jabber about for an intro). My primary concern is pacing, and whether or not I get too bogged down in mechanical talk to keep the LP moving along.

Also, I'd like to know if the images in the test post are actually worth keeping. I'm aware that:

- The JPG quality was saved too low
- I forgot to tell Irfanview to crop the borders
- The image quality was degraded in resizing (1024x768 -> 800x600)

I know how to correct all these things easily enough for next time. The question is if it's worth my time replaying and recapping this level, because I got some really good reversals of fortune in that play that I don't want to give up. :shobon: And no, trying to recap in replay mode doesn't really work, because there's a lot of info boxes I can't pull up.

It's only one update, so the rest of the LP would look much better, but if the general consensus is that it's way too lovely, then I'm willing to redo it.

ps - Yes, I know the test post is extremely long; I'd probably split it into two in an actual thread.

This looks pretty good considering the things you've pointed out. I've tried several times to get into this game but haven't been able to (in fact I've always wished I could stay interested in turn-based strategy as whole and I don't know what's stopping me) so I'd watch this LP. I think the pacing is fine even with all the mechanics explanations, if you're worried about it I'd check out the Advance Wars/Fire Emblem LPs going on right now and see how they handle things in the early updates.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Rinkles posted:

Well, alternatively there could be a parallel Republic thread hosting 4 Republic playthroughs. There was some initial interest when the idea first cropped up, but no idea if it's only CommissarMega that's actually committed atm.

I think either solution would work, but the thread has 4 people updating with all 4 Imperial lines and that works pretty well so I'd say to keep what works. Republic after or in a separate thread, sure.

Not that this is an issue right now what with someone having gone insane over their psychotic obsession with Obsidian :v:

TrampolineTales
Oct 9, 2012

I detect the presence of scum.
I resized the images and cropped off the weird pixel glitch. I also added audio links for the game's soundtrack.

http://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=3468

Does it look any better?

Azure Dreamer
Oct 14, 2012

wearing sunglasses makes me a cool kid

TrampolineTales posted:

I resized the images and cropped off the weird pixel glitch. I also added audio links for the game's soundtrack.

Does it look any better?

The text is still a little blurry. Also, I'd also like to see an update from later in the game so we can get a feel for what the commentary will be like - as it is, it's basically just the game only in stills.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

TrampolineTales posted:

Does it look any better?

One of the things I was considering for my own LP was using gifs to show off the animated sections of the intro, since it has really great animation (also to show off the parts that are more difficult to capture in still shots). Mind throwing that in?

Also, what Waffleman said earlier.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

inthesto posted:

http://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=3391

Those three things? Do them now. Are you going to do them for the next update? If the answer is yes, then scrap your update and do it again.
Seriously, make it good right off the bat, rather than "it's not perfect, but it gets better." And always record in the size you plan on displaying the game in, if possible. If you can record in 800x600, then do that.

Another thing I'd mention, you should probably include a little IMG (Name) for each new NPC when they are introduced. Otherwise we just get a swarm of sprites and don't automatically get a name attached to them.
Also, if it's been awhile since we've seen an NPC, give them the little name tag again. It helps keeps things fresh and prevents confusion in a game with lots of characters. Not every LP does it, but the few I've seen it done in makes it look really good.

Otherwise, looks decent.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Hello, folks. Just popping in here to give a big "thank you" to the Sandcastle.

I just finished my very first LP. It's been submitted to the archives. Thank you for being here and providing help to aspiring LPers, and especially for all the help and harsh criticism of my first terrible video (over a year ago).

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Krysmphoenix posted:

Those three things? Do them now. Are you going to do them for the next update? If the answer is yes, then scrap your update and do it again.
Seriously, make it good right off the bat, rather than "it's not perfect, but it gets better." And always record in the size you plan on displaying the game in, if possible. If you can record in 800x600, then do that.

Another thing I'd mention, you should probably include a little IMG (Name) for each new NPC when they are introduced. Otherwise we just get a swarm of sprites and don't automatically get a name attached to them.
Also, if it's been awhile since we've seen an NPC, give them the little name tag again. It helps keeps things fresh and prevents confusion in a game with lots of characters. Not every LP does it, but the few I've seen it done in makes it look really good.

Otherwise, looks decent.

Yeah, you're right. It's not too hard for me to run through the map again and recycle most of what I've written. Still, goodbye nearly-instant level on a shaman. :saddowns:

As for the speaking character thing, though, I'm wondering if that's worth the effort. There's literally all of four characters with recurring speaking roles; everyone else is just a throwaway generic character.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

inthesto posted:

As for the speaking character thing, though, I'm wondering if that's worth the effort. There's literally all of four characters with recurring speaking roles; everyone else is just a throwaway generic character.

Fair enough then! But from what little I can remember from that campaign back when I played Wesnoth, it seemed like there were named Elves that seemed important in the long run.
But at the very least, give us their name the first time they appear, unless they really are that generic.

Ultimately it's your call, I'm just spouting out stuff I think could help.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

inthesto posted:

Also, I'd like to know if the images in the test post are actually worth keeping. I'm aware that:

It's only one update, so the rest of the LP would look much better, but if the general consensus is that it's way too lovely, then I'm willing to redo it.
The test post images are trash. Personally, I'd avoid resizing entirely and play the game in 800x600 from the start. Also, use PNGs to avoid the compression issues, especially if the JPEGs are going to be ~150kB even in this lovely quality. It's a pixelart game, it's important to do the graphics justice.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I actually tried capping the game with PNGs, and each screenshot was coming out around 900 kb. Maybe I'm still thinking with bandwidth from a decade ago, but isn't that a bit excessive?

e: vvv Cool, I'll look into that before I try recapping the game

inthesto fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Oct 18, 2012

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

inthesto posted:

I actually tried capping the game with PNGs, and each screenshot was coming out around 900 kb. Maybe I'm still thinking with bandwidth from a decade ago, but isn't that a bit excessive?

Run the PNGs through something like PNGout or optiPNG. You should definitely be using PNGs for a sprite based game like that.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Artix74 posted:

Run the PNGs through something like PNGout or optiPNG. You should definitely be using PNGs for a sprite based game like that.

I looked at that test post and almost all of them are what you should use JPEG for. All that forestry stuff, and the drawn characters? Not really PNG's finest.

Screens that are text heavy - maybe - the compression wasn't doing that any favors.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Yeah, I ran a test PNG through optiPNG, and I shaved off all of 12 kb. Granted, this is my first time attempting to optimize PNGs, but I don't see how I'm going to get significant mileage out of this.

Alternatively, I tried capping with JPG, but at a much higher quality this time:

I think the second screenshot looks a little blurry with that text box, but those only come up twice per level. General consensus thinks that's acceptable at ~250 kb a pop?

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
Here goes a test post:

Let's Play

Why Far Cry 2?

I have always been interested in playing this game, but my laptop couldn't handle the intense awesome graphics, and so it ran like crap. I finally ponied up for a new pc 4 years later, so now I can finally get around to this game. Another reason for choosing this game was because I liked Stabbey_the_clown's suggestion of letting readers vote for what my loadout should be for the next mission in the LP Request Thread.

I've only logged a few hours of playing to test the recording performance, and to get an idea of some of the game mechanics. As far as completion, I've only completed the tutorial mission, and part of the first UFLL faction mission.

I'll be playing with the Fortune's Edition DLC, Graphical Enhancement Suite, and Dylan's Realism mod.

The Game

Far Cry 2 is set in a region of Africa torn apart by civil war. The two warring factions are the Alliance for Popular (APR) and the United Front for Liberation and Labour (UFLL). The main character, played by your's truly, is on a mission to hunt a man known as the Jackal.

I did some research on this game because I was thrown off by the lack of trigens in all the screenshots, and I discovered the stories of Far Cry 1 and 2 are not related.

Characters

Marty Alencar

Marty was born in Brazil, served in the United States Marine Corps, and is currently employed as a mercenary for an unknown organization. His latest contract has him tasked out to kill a man known as The Jackal.

The Jackal

The Jackal is a weapons dealer that's responsible for giving both factions access to his arsenal.

Weapons List
Make sure you include, a primary, secondary, special weapon and grenade type, as well as if I should accept my buddy's plan or not in your vote!

Items crossed out are not currently available for purchase/voting.

Primary
AK-47
AR-16
AS50
Dragunov SVD
FAL Paratrooper
G3KA4
Golden AK-47
M1903
MGL-140
Silenced Shotgun
Silent MP5
SPAS-12
USAS-12

Secondary
Craftsman Shotgun
Eagle .50
Flare Pistol
Homeland 37
IED
M-79
MAC-10
Makarov
Silent Makarov 6P9
Star .45
Uzi

Special
Carl G Rocket Launcher
Crossbow
Dart Rifle
LPO-50 Flamethrower
M-249 SAW
PKM
RPG-7
Type 63 Mortar

Grenades
M67 Grenade
Molotov

Next Mission
mission brief here

Alternative options
none

Let's Play!
Episode 1 - Polsy

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
hey start:nya-sh
What's the point of posting every weapon and then scratching out the ones you don't have yet? Just add them to the OP as they come.

Also, the idea of adding mission briefings and stuff to the OP is cute, but people don't really seem to check the OP except to get a list of updates after their first read through, and I'm one of those people. Maybe I'll get proven wrong on that, but with the number of people who don't read OPs at all I find it hard to not believe.

Your episode list should probably be more noticeable somehow, whether with images or something, and should definitely be more descriptive than just "Episode X".

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
I have a question that I hope isn't misunderstood for an interest check.

I'm trying to figure out a plan to do Telltale's 5-episode Back to the Future games. My initial thought was to use screenshots, as other successful LPs of point-and-click adventure games have done, but a huge selling point of the games is how authentic and respectful they are towards the original movies, to the point of getting Christopher Lloyd back to voice Doc Brown and using a lot of the original music. Would hybriding it be better -- post videos alongside the screenshot commentary? The idea I'm thinking is to do the entire LP as screenshots, but post videos alongside the screenshots of important conversations, events, and occasional action sequences.

On the other hand, because the atmosphere is so important to the quality of the game, maybe it would be better to just do the whole thing as video, except then I'd have to consciously play the game to leave enough room for me to explain things -- and then maybe having my voice interspersed with Chris Lloyd and Michael J. Fox's replacement would break the immersion.

What would be the best way to go about this?

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
Have you considered a subtitle or minimal voice LP, mostly letting the game do its thing and interjecting only when truly necessary?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Wild Knight posted:

I have a question that I hope isn't misunderstood for an interest check.

I'm trying to figure out a plan to do Telltale's 5-episode Back to the Future games. My initial thought was to use screenshots, as other successful LPs of point-and-click adventure games have done, but a huge selling point of the games is how authentic and respectful they are towards the original movies, to the point of getting Christopher Lloyd back to voice Doc Brown and using a lot of the original music. Would hybriding it be better -- post videos alongside the screenshot commentary? The idea I'm thinking is to do the entire LP as screenshots, but post videos alongside the screenshots of important conversations, events, and occasional action sequences.

On the other hand, because the atmosphere is so important to the quality of the game, maybe it would be better to just do the whole thing as video, except then I'd have to consciously play the game to leave enough room for me to explain things -- and then maybe having my voice interspersed with Chris Lloyd and Michael J. Fox's replacement would break the immersion.

What would be the best way to go about this?
Hmm. Maybe use screenshots to illustrate how the puzzles are solved, and videos for action sequences and extensive voiced segments.

A sub LP would also work well, and would probably be my preferred format.

Major_JF
Oct 17, 2008

Suspicious Dish posted:

Have you considered a subtitle or minimal voice LP, mostly letting the game do its thing and interjecting only when truly necessary?

This is a good idea to try.

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
You know, I hadn't really thought about subs, because my AviSynth comprehension is beginner enough as it is and the idea of figuring out how to get subtitles working seems daunting.

Still, I'm in no rush to get this out, especially half-assed, so I'll check the tech fort and see if I can figure that stuff out. Thanks, guys.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
You can also do minimal voice commentary. Nidoking and Bobbin Threadbare both successfully did adventure games as voice commentary, so maybe they could provide some tips.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

LesBeardly posted:

So, is there anyone out there that (by some miracle) hasn't played or watched the Mass Effect games, and would want to do commentary over them? Let me know. And if there's more than like, two responses, do everyone a favor and just e-mail me (lesbeardly at gmail) rather than spam the sandcastle.

Bit late on this, but I've never touched the second or third game, and only like, half the first. I just didn't have it in me to keep up with that drat galaxy map.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

inthesto posted:

Alternatively, I tried capping with JPG, but at a much higher quality this time:
Now these are good.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Redeye Flight posted:

I posted these about 20 pages back, but I think they got buried in the discussion about cursing in LP. I've been planning to do a narrative LP of Shattered Union, for two reasons. Firstly, the game is pretty great for that kind of thing (excellent, idea-inspiring premise but very weak/thin existing plot). Secondly, the last one-and-a-half LPs of it were purely mechanics-based, and since a full campaign will run at least 22 turns, the gameplay itself gets a little lackluster by the end.

http://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=2962 - OP, explains what's going on
http://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=2963 - Sample post

One thing I've already identified to fix is using .jpg instead of .png--I save files in the latter by habit so I didn't think about it until after I'd put the test post together.

I thought putting the introduction up top before the talk of the format of the LP itself actually worked.

I like the narrative style you're using, it works.

StandardVC10 posted:

I recorded the beginning of Minerva: Metastasis a second time with less technically-oriented commentary, done post-recording rather than during recording. Didn't mention every single thing I wanted to but honestly I was coming off a bit more chatterbox than I'd hoped to anyhow.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eru16KND3q4 Another test post!
Then I saw a ton of other Minerva LPs just from youtube on the sidebar and felt a bit sad and maybe like I shouldn't bother.

There is a lot of frequent stuttering in the recording, it's not as smooth as it should be and I find that really distracting. You should see the Tech Support Fort first.

I agree that the mission briefings should probably only be in the post of the update, most people don't really check the OP.

I don't mind you including a full list of the weapons, but it could be organized better - with all unlocked ones at the top, locked ones in spoiler tags below.

You say you haven't played much of the game before? In that case, I've got a few useful tips and suggestions that might be helpful for you. I could PM you with them if you want.

There's not much else I can comment on, you didn't make any commentary after you get control, that was a good spot to start talking again.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Oct 18, 2012

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

There are a lot of frequent stuttering in the recording, it's not as smooth as it should be and I find that really distracting. You should see the Tech Support Fort first.

Agreed. I've been playing with settings subsequently and a few newer recordings have done better but it's still not where it should be yet.

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
Thanks for the tips.

Go ahead and send me that pm.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I'll be honest, it's probably best to just add the weapons to the OP as you go along and/or note which stuff you got in the latest update like Geop does with his Dark Souls thread. If you have all the weapons visible from the start, spoilered or no, you run the risk of readers mousing over and going "Oh boy, Golden AK-47! I'm gonna sit on my hands for now and vote when he gets that."

Plus, surprises are fun. Even if those surprises are new weapons.

EhPlusGamer
Oct 18, 2012
Eh+ Gamer: Final Fantasy Mystic Quest

Good afternoon from the Great Canadian North. This is an ongoing Lets Play of the black sheep of the Final Fantasy series, Final Fantasy Mystic Quest. Released in October 1992, the game was primarily a way for Squaresoft to test American markets for the feasabilty of RPG's. The game is actually quite fun to play if one looks past it's problems, and I highly recommend it to anyone who wants an RPG they don't need to open Microsoft Excel to play.

Episode 1 - Wherein We Lose at the Tutorial http://blip.tv/EhPlusGamer/eh-gamer...utorial-6259435 - Series Premiere
Episode 2 - Wherein Friends are Short Lived http://blip.tv/EhPlusGamer/eh-gamer...t-lived-6266878
Episode 3 - Wherein Kaeli is Saved http://blip.tv/EhPlusGamer/eh-gamer...-healed-6270552
Episode 4 - Wherein Things Burn http://blip.tv/EhPlusGamer/eh-gamer...gs-burn-6309123
Episode 5 - Wherein We Make Up For Lost Time (Times Five) http://blip.tv/EhPlusGamer/eh-gamer...isode-5-6402349 - First episode with new sound equipment, microphone, interface

Azure Dreamer
Oct 14, 2012

wearing sunglasses makes me a cool kid
First thing's first; VLP? Terrible idea for this specific genre. It could be done, but screenshots are just better for the most part.

Second; no need for that intro bit.

On to the actual content of the videos; the commentary is actually really quite good, riiiiight up until you get to the point where you start voice acting the characters. All of this has probably been brought up, though, so on to some advice from me; go look through other LPs, both VLPs and SSLPs just to get a feel for how to construct an OP. You also probably didn't need to show every single failure against the Behemoth; watching endless failure gets tedious after a while.

Technically, though, the videos actually look pretty good. You might want to up the volume of the music just a little bit; I've only watched the first one at this point, but it's hard to hear over you and this game has some really good music.

FrenzyTheKillbot
Jan 31, 2008

Good Hustle

EhPlusGamer posted:

I'm not going to watch this because I don't care about final fantasy, but just from the post I can tell you a few things. First, make an actual OP. Two sentences about the game is not enough and your links are terrible. Posting an in-progress LP isn't exactly bad, but you're telling us you're only 5 episodes in and you needed to buy new equipment. This is fine if your videos are actually good, but the new equipment is not a good indicator there. You should probably start over. Lastly, do not put your name in the thread title. It's a personal pet peeve of mine but it makes you look like you are LPing more for yourself and to grow your "brand" and less for the actual game.

In summary, you should probably lurk more and see what other people do around here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

EhPlusGamer posted:

Good afternoon from the Great Canadian North. This is an ongoing Lets Play of the black sheep of the Final Fantasy series, Final Fantasy Mystic Quest. Released in October 1992, the game was primarily a way for Squaresoft to test American markets for the feasabilty of RPG's. The game is actually quite fun to play if one looks past it's problems, and I highly recommend it to anyone who wants an RPG they don't need to open Microsoft Excel to play.

Episode 1 - Wherein We Lose at the Tutorial http://blip.tv/EhPlusGamer/eh-gamer...utorial-6259435 - Series Premiere
Episode 2 - Wherein Friends are Short Lived http://blip.tv/EhPlusGamer/eh-gamer...t-lived-6266878
Episode 3 - Wherein Kaeli is Saved http://blip.tv/EhPlusGamer/eh-gamer...-healed-6270552
Episode 4 - Wherein Things Burn http://blip.tv/EhPlusGamer/eh-gamer...gs-burn-6309123
Episode 5 - Wherein We Make Up For Lost Time (Times Five) http://blip.tv/EhPlusGamer/eh-gamer...isode-5-6402349 - First episode with new sound equipment, microphone, interface

Yeah, don't narrate the dialogue, seriously. I do like your commentary, right up until it gets interrupted by falsetto voiceacting.

I watched Episode 5 for an idea of how the LP has evolved. It's well-edited, and your commentary is fun to listen to (to the point that I'm more inclined to nitpick about technical inaccuracies -- the potion bottle icon means that the tier-2 armor grants poison immunity, not improved magic) but the LP still has plenty of room for improvement. Like everyone is saying, don't voiceact the dialogue, and also, try not to be too boring. When you started singing about bottles of maple syrup, it really gave me the feeling that you didn't have much to say, and were just trying to remind the audience that :canada:

Pittsburgh Lambic fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Oct 18, 2012

• Locked thread