Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Funkdoc just got a 20:24, sub-20 is inevitable at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

furry drum circle
Aug 7, 2007

Dear... God...

uPen posted:

What's the estimate on the completion time? All weekend?

Actually not that long, we define 100% as "all overworld spirits" so it wont be anywhere near as long/masochistic as low%. My guess is something like 5 hours. This is kirkq's first time streaming in months though so I had to make a hype vid for it.

absolutely anything posted:

Apparently Speedrunner Moltov A.K.A. Guy Who Have Breakdown At Zelda A.K.A. Guy Who Scream Real Loud At Zelda has decided to become Guy Who Cover His Controller In Honey At Zelda.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zqv6_8cezY

Speedrunners are cool

I didnt really feel like watching the entire 2 hour video so thanks for cutting out the spergy parts :thumbsup:

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

furry drum circle posted:

I didnt really feel like watching the entire 2 hour video so thanks for cutting out the spergy parts :thumbsup:

It wasn't me this time but I have passed it on to the proper authorities

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

In addition to the numbersmw marathon that's been talked about already, there's another marathon coming up in like 8 days (Oct 26th - 28th) with a Halloween theme. This one's being put on to benefit Lindsey King, who you might know as the artist who makes a bunch of those banner images for the SDA marathons as well as other art prizes for the donation incentives. She's apparently had a rough streak of medical issues and now has a rough streak of medical bills to deal with, so the SDA members wanted to do something to help her in thanks for what she's done to help them.

For more about Ms. King's health issues, she has a page up for random donations already: http://www.giveforward.com/charityartistswampedwithmedicalbills

Here's the link to the marathon's list of potential runs, which is still very much a work in progress: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aj2eKeMxVzzzdExqcWZnS3c5M1Y0UnZsd3RqQ2pPMEE#gid=0

There are a ton of great runs and runners in this list, so it should be a treat.

Triangle
Jul 30, 2011

Heh. If I was actually unchill, I would be using all caps and/or exclamation marks in my posts, but I am chill. Clowns like you make me laugh, that's what clowns do. Added to my ignore list.
and now its gone.

Triangle fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Oct 19, 2012

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

Triangle posted:

and now its gone.

Was it ever there to begin with? :tinfoil:

Also, for those of you not keeping up, the AGDQ3 schedule had a few changes:

mikwuyma posted:

-Diddy Kong Racing is off the schedule because 0xwas can't come anymore. He says he most likely has to work on the 5th and 6th.

-Kirby games are now moved to Sunday to accommodate for the time offset by DKR being removed. Romscout is now playing Kirby Super Star.

-Journey to Silius now replaced by Gremlins 2. If someone else wants to pick up Journey to Silius, I'll add it back on the schedule.

-Super Mario 3D Land is now in right before the New Super Mario Bros. games. Greenalink says he'll bring the 3DS capture device with him.

-Ninja Kids is replaced by Timecop because Josh and I agreed it's a much better AwfulGDQ game. Also, Omnigamer has a game now.

-Duke Nukem 3D is back on the schedule, sandwiched in between Portal 2 and Doom.

-Maximum Carnage is now a bidding war with Holy Diver. I need to assign a timeslot for the bidding war, and as of now, I'm thinking the Wednesday setup hour should be good.

-Hurblat and I are running Shattered Soldier instead of Hard Corps Uprising.

usedpizza
Jan 1, 2009

Give it up for the champ
No 0xwas makes me a very very sad person.

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
moltov entertains me. please dont call him mean names

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.
Did somebody pay him to put honey on his controller or is that something he came up with himself?

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

UraniumAnchor posted:

Did somebody pay him to put honey on his controller or is that something he came up with himself?
I think he did it himself. There's some artwork at the end of the video for it and he's all :spergin: and proud of it.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
It was a bet.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Ugh, so don't care about seeing handheld games done quick.

Also gonna be pissed if we don't see Holy Diver run this year in favor of something that isn't Holy Diver.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Timecop for Awful Games Done Quick?

All is well with the world now.

Also Funkdoc is practicing CV 1/3/4 for the upcoming Lindsay King and #smw marathons, and Holy Diver WR attempts after that: http://www.twitch.tv/srkfunkdoc

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
If Max Carnage wins over Holy Diver there is no justice in this world. No holy magic justice at all.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo
I really hope someone reads out the translated story for Holy Diver as a way to hype up bidding for it, because it is one of the most metal plots I've ever heard for a video game.

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.
I'll be surprised if funkdoc doesn't bring a printout or something.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

UraniumAnchor posted:

I'll be surprised if funkdoc doesn't bring a printout or something.

He has it memorized.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Speaking of reading out the story, we seriously need the story for Timecop during the marathon, but I would settle for the Game Over screen, if that's not already being planned as a donation incentive.

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004

CVagts posted:

Speaking of reading out the story, we seriously need the story for Timecop during the marathon, but I would settle for the Game Over screen, if that's not already being planned as a donation incentive.
Timecop's donation incentive could be handled in the opposite direction from most. At the start of Timecop, set a donation goal (or rather, ransom) that if not met by the end of Omnigamer's estimated 30 minute run, the game over screen plays on stream for however long the next setup period is. Of course several people here would love that, it certainly can't be that tolerable for many other viewers, can it?

JTDistortion
Mar 28, 2010
There is currently a guy on SpeedRunsLive playing Pokemon Blue, Red, Yellow, Gold, Silver, and Crystal at the same time using only one input. It's madness.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Link to Pokemon BRYGSC stream
http://www.twitch.tv/gerfuggery

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

JTDistortion posted:

There is currently a guy on SpeedRunsLive playing Pokemon Blue, Red, Yellow, Gold, Silver, and Crystal at the same time using only one input. It's madness.

:stonk:

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

T2 GB down to sub-8:08

Getting closer to something I'd be happy submitting. If only it didn't come down so much to RNG in stages 3 and 4... :negative:

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Sorry to double post, but Peaches and Kirkq are about to throw down in a Quest 64 100% race. Whoever wins gets the WR!

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Sig is juuust on pace for sub 1:44

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

And he fucks it up at the end. Poor sig. He seems to really have trouble with bowser throws.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Aaaaand he choked on a triple jump he probably hasn't missed in his last hundreds of attempts.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

He choked majorly at Bowser. Entire run is ruined.

Jakuvious
Mar 15, 2011

Stealth mode
Crazy that he still could've gotten it after choking and dying on the last bowser level, and then he missed twice. Oh well. With Sig it always seems to just be a matter of time anyway. Just sucks for him.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
That Fargo RNG :stare:

Way to catch up from like 5 minutes behind, Peaches!

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Ahahahahahahaha peaches dead.

Death by unicorns.

KirkQ wins.

Dizz fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Oct 21, 2012

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Puwexil is starting a marathon practice run of Parasite Eve.

http://www.twitch.tv/puwexil

Violently Car
Dec 2, 2007

You are now entering completely darkness
Barring any disasters, Cosmo's about to get the TWW WR. http://www.twitch.tv/cosmowright

EDIT: 4:46:23. A lot of people guessed that exact time in chat. Creepy.

Violently Car fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Oct 22, 2012

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo
^ t:mad:

COSMO ON WR WIND WAKER PACE WITH GANON TO GO: http://www.twitch.tv/cosmowright

EDIT: 4:46, about four minutes faster than demon9's WR. Perfect Ganon fight, according to Cosmo.

V Damnation, twice?!?

BlueArmyMan fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Oct 22, 2012

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Cosmo once again took the WR back from Demon9 with a 4:46:23!

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Klaige is practicing Castlevania Bloodlines for the Spooktacular marathon next weekend. He's also considering putting expert mode in as a donation incentive: http://www.twitch.tv/klaige

Also Funkdoc is doing more Holy Diver WR attempts: http://www.twitch.tv/srkfunkdoc

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

iastudent posted:

Also Funkdoc is doing more Holy Diver WR attempts: http://www.twitch.tv/srkfunkdoc

Funkdoc just shaved about 6 seconds off his record, getting a new time of 20:18 after an unfortunate final room. He's still going, though, and sub-20 is definitely possible.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
He was on pace for an incredible run but missed the last full health pickup and died mere shots from sub-20. He did get a new record with 20:07.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
In about 3 months, Funkdoc will be adamantly trying to hit sub 18.

Is there some sort of medical name for this kind of thing funkdoc and siglemic have?

E: I feel it's more than OCD. like they see OCD people and want to surpass them. Super Saiyan OCD??

Dizz fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Oct 22, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach
OCD?

• Locked thread