Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Oh man, total Anime Club reference when you talk to Horuss as Demara.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
I'm pretty sure a couple people in here have the necessary expertise to answer this: are Damara's lines actual Japanese, or messily transcribed English, or gibberish?

pumpinglemma posted:

Are there any known easter eggs for this one? That room with sleeping Karkat in particular seemed suspiciously empty...

You can go in there as Dave and Rose for two different takes on the room.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

I'm pretty sure a couple people in here have the necessary expertise to answer this: are Damara's lines actual Japanese, or messily transcribed English, or gibberish?

You challenge the lord of time
Your pathetic army must fail
He will eat your ghost.
For he consumes reality itself
No. You did not.
I do not regret anything.

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

You can go in there as Dave and Rose for two different takes on the room.

They can be found in text form here (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/scraps2/openbound_part3_beta/levels/openbound_p3/dialogs/damaraDialog.xml), and thence translated pretty handily via google translate. Warning: don't translate them.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Classy.

Oh, I also liked Dave's little speech about being stuck in 2009. That's a pretty meta thing to do, I guess, but it's also exactly the sort of thing he'd worry about. I suppose he'll get a partial answer from the B2 kids, heh.

Hamiltonian Bicycle fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Oct 22, 2012

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

I haven't finished it just yet so I dunno how it goes the "right" way, but if you get to the end as Damara, Hussie is at the booth in place of Aranea, yells at you for going there as Damara first and then tells you stuff about each ancestor troll.

If you go to Terezi and Karkat as Damara, Terezi yells at you to get away and threatens to kill her, implying they've met one way or another?

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

nerdbot posted:

I haven't finished it just yet so I dunno how it goes the "right" way, but if you get to the end as Damara, Hussie is at the booth in place of Aranea, yells at you for going there as Damara first and then tells you stuff about each ancestor troll.

Oh! I completely forgot to try that. Didn't think it'd let her even go through that door.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Can't wait for Meenahquest III to go live tonight. Thankfully I'm busy so I can avoid Spoilerpalooza, but it sounds like a great one.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
OK, that was great. REALLY great. Too much great to list. But I'll try to pick a few highlights:

-Hussie selling the kickstarter money for a new ring.
-Hussie's description of the dancestors, particular Cronus.
-Terezi guarding Karkat while he sleeps.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Oh! I completely forgot to try that. Didn't think it'd let her even go through that door.

I only really found out by mistake, because trying to leave the area as anyone but Meenah in this or any other section has always resulted in failure.

But Demara can go through I guess. I dunno if something is supposed to happen, other than a few short throwaway lines from the guys inside of there.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

nerdbot posted:

I only really found out by mistake, because trying to leave the area as anyone but Meenah in this or any other section has always resulted in failure.

But Demara can go through I guess. I dunno if something is supposed to happen, other than a few short throwaway lines from the guys inside of there.

She can talk to Hussie (where Aranea was) and it's pretty hysterical. Also you get to see a pretty :3: scene with Terezi.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Gah, this thing going live cannot come soon enough. drat you all and your spoilers!

Is Darkleer awesome? Tell me Darkleer is awesome.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

WAR FOOT posted:

Gah, this thing going live cannot come soon enough. drat you all and your spoilers!

He kind of is to Equius what Cronus is to Eridan.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

WAR FOOT posted:

He is basically a steam punk Chris Traeger from Parks and Recreation.

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team
Oh man, Gamzee and Terezi?! That's one ship I never believed would be canon. But, I guess black rom is strange in that way...

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Desfore posted:

Oh man, Gamzee and Terezi?! That's one ship I never believed would be canon. But, I guess black rom is strange in that way...

And now to find out what Tumblr thinks of that canon development.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
That was so much fun. :allears:

Rose continues to be pretty much the greatest character ever. Loved every one of her conversations.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

WAR FOOT posted:

Do you consider tricking a lot of kids too young to recognize it into googling 8=D awesome? Because I do.

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Well, that was a fun journey. Now back to writing the paper I started an hour ago...

Mister Gutsy
May 6, 2012

You love having a dead sister. Having a dead sister is an experience you would highly recommend to everybody.

nerdbot posted:

If you go to Terezi and Karkat as Damara, Terezi yells at you to get away and threatens to kill her, implying they've met one way or another?

What Terezi says when you talk to her as Damara is the exact same thing Latula says when you try to talk to Mituna as Damara (Latula appears near Mituna when you're being Damara), so it's probably a joke rather than an indication that they've met.

Also, even if you can read Japanese Damara's google translate poo poo is hard to decipher. "いいえクソ方法" :japan: She's great, though.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Wow. I know it's hidden behind a layer of japanese but Damara's lines go WAY further than anything else in the comic so far.

MEENAH: back when we like
MEENAH: kind of ruined each others poo poo
MEENAH: because of that whole cycle of revenge deal
MEENAH: and i ended up dyin and god tiering and all
MEENAH: remember that
DAMARA: I remember.
DAMARA: Sometimes I masturbate to that memory.

And that's one of the tamer ones. Most of it is obvious enough through context though.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Well, this is it, Meenahquest III has been released. Oh boy I can't wait why isn't it going past 37%

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
Full thing's gone up now loading so sloooooow.

Also someone help me choose which troll bag to get from the kickstarter. On the one hand I'm pisces so walking around with a scorpio bag (cause vriska) could lead to confusion if I met someone who knows astrological symbols. On the other hand I'm not a huge fan of feferi and her symbol is bright pink which I'm not a fan of. On yet another hand, my surname starts with M so I could always play it off as that. On a fourth hand meenah is :krad: but still bright pink symbol.

ActionZero fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Oct 22, 2012

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Well this is awkward.

I donated enough to beta test, and as I start up the flash the notifier goes off. So I could just play the full thing, except the version on the site is getting hammered so hard it won't load, and the version that will isn't finished.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The Beta is quite long, so if you can get that loaded just go through it. You'll be able to speed through it again later to get the ending. That's what I'm gonna do since trying to load it is a fool's errand at the moment.

Edit: Actually it didn't take that long to load it fully. Just keep at it.

Regy Rusty fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Oct 22, 2012

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.
I almost feel lucky that I'm going to my grandma's house for a few hours. poo poo'll probably be more stable when I get back.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Aaaand stopped at 98%.

HUSSSSIIIIEEE!!! :argh:

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Well, I'm waiting for the second area to load, only I entered it with Damara instead of going back to get Meenah. Is this supposed to be able to happen?

Also this is pretty great so far, all of it

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Color Printer posted:

Well, I'm waiting for the second area to load, only I entered it with Damara instead of going back to get Meenah. Is this supposed to be able to happen?

Yes but I'd recommend doing it with Meenah first.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Mister Gutsy posted:

Also, even if you can read Japanese Damara's google translate poo poo is hard to decipher. "いいえクソ方法" :japan: She's great, though.
Yeah, the Japanese readers are going to be so confused if this ever gets translated.

She kinda seems like the odd one out in this group of Tumblr rejects, though. Like Horrus just being a gag version of Equius.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Can we dispense with the spoilers now? Just in case though...

Oh my goodness, Horuss recreated Hussie's painting AND the Dirk/Jake kiss

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Oh to anyone else who played the Beta - it's actually the complete game. The real one ends at the same point.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

Holy poo poo Damara. :stare:

Also, all my ships came true. :allears:

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Regy Rusty posted:

Oh to anyone else who played the Beta - it's actually the complete game. The real one ends at the same point.

I just found this out and I am mildly perturbed that I went through all the loading screens to find this out.

Did get the conversations I'd missed on the way though, gamzee's blackrom revelation is a little... what.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Sweet jesus.

This isn't just Equius.

It is the Equiest.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

ActionZero posted:

Did get the conversations I'd missed on the way though, gamzee's blackrom revelation is a little... what.

I think it might reopen the question of what the deal with Terezi's recent hood habit is, since that apparently isn't limited to that one conversation in Openbound part 2.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So, is there anything extra to be had between the website release and the beta, or does it still end when you approach John, Vriska and Tavros?

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

ActionZero posted:

Troll romance is super weird!

I think Damara's just making fun of people with her nonstop verbal diarrhea... when she was talking to Rufioh, who understands her, she was much more subdued and even when she got flirty at the end it was pretty tame. Which stands in contrast to her normal conversations, which was pretty much all pour milk on my tits while you gently caress me with your horn.

It must be frustrating to live with people for millions of years and never have most of them bother to learn your language.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Holy gently caress Darama, you have a dirty mouth. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

ActionZero posted:

I don't usually get into shipping, but this is... I dunno. I guess I'm just not a fan of black rom in general, but I never really expected any of the black ships with Gamzee to be realistic. But, this will probably make a lot of people on tumblr either really happy or really angry.