Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Freddie Gibbis
Jul 30, 2007

~~ schween lyfe ~~

RBX posted:

I really hate pop that too.

The worst type of rap fan. Don't be a sterotype.

Slow your roll, broseph, it was a pretty obvious joke :P

EDIT: dude i have a freddie gibbs pun in my username, how the hell did you ever take that seriously? hahaha

Freddie Gibbis fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Oct 22, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

Freddie Gibbis posted:

KMEL is fuckin awful dude, i dunno how you can stand any of that poo poo, it's still like six-hundred spins of "no hands" for one of everything else and it's almost November of 2012.

There are some good local hip hop podcast style shows ("One For The Road" on FCCFreeRadio plays some dope poo poo) but the actual FM dial is a wasteland around here.
Nah Its Mercy that they are spinning six hundred times a day now. It is not an amazing resource or anywhere close to as good as it could be, but for a corporate owned industry shill it is entertaining.

Freddie Gibbis
Jul 30, 2007

~~ schween lyfe ~~

snyprmag posted:

Nah Its Mercy that they are spinning six hundred times a day now. It is not an amazing resource or anywhere close to as good as it could be, but for a corporate owned industry shill it is entertaining.

I dunno man, my wife always listens to that poo poo so when I get in the car and turn it on it's always some godawful crooner drilling out my eardrums

then again i hate the radio in general regardless of genre and i'd like clearchannel to vanish from the face of the planet so i dunno

eighty-four merc
Dec 22, 2010

In 2020, we're going to make the end of Fight Club real.

Bstyles posted:

I hate how you say "worst" rappers in the game right now. I hate all those musicians you listed too but those guys are what most people listen to nowadays as rap as rap goes and they're making millions? :confused:

Good on them for getting paid but they're all still bad at rapping. Weezy the only one I would defend at all but he has had like three verses since 2010 that I haven't hated.

and yeah gently caress atmosphere sage francis macklemore and every other "I don't like rap but" white rap superstar.

speaking of those dudes did anyone else cop cabin fever 2? I got it for the juicy j features but jesus christ was it hard to listen to. The chorus on MIA has got to be the worst hook I heard all year

TenaciousTomato
Jul 17, 2007

Interworld and the New Innocence
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-r4C4nNXCE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uLjj81rPXI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9XkiV-V6oQ

mid
Aug 2, 2002

Bang.
For those who were interested, The AV Club is streaming The Coup's new album. Due out October 30th.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/hear-an-exclusive-advance-stream-of-the-coups-new,86830/

The Doo Do Chasers
Dec 27, 2008

:fella:Life is overwhelming:fella:

cardedagain posted:

was jamming this on repeat today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2aViY_YKkg
beat borrows from Three 6 "Orange Mound"

I am very stoked that he's in the Klvn now. That tape is pretty good but it isn't a whole lot different than his other 3 or 4 tapes, except maybe some added tape hiss. These two are pretty dope
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgzCRRIUH5s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmTIVizTg4c

the_american_dream posted:

That beat loving pisses me off. Immediate punch out on the radio

Slackerish posted:

(Pop That isn't exactly the worst rap song but the beat is obnoxious IMO).

How does it feel to be completely wrong?

The Doo Do Chasers fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Oct 22, 2012

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with
Phat Radical Mathematical type Scriptures
New Kendrick Albumn is really incredible. Really ambitious, too.

K-Flow
Nov 20, 2004

Bstyles posted:

Yo Gotti making a lot of moves. This guy right here is as real as it gets. a real humble dude. He makes most of his moves on the streets and making music for extra income. This guy has a lot of respect from everyone.

i know this is a few pages back but this has to be my favorite post i've ever seen on something awful. i'm not trying to pick on someone at all but bstyles consistenly has the best posts

Freddie Gibbis
Jul 30, 2007

~~ schween lyfe ~~

K-Flow posted:

i know this is a few pages back but this has to be my favorite post i've ever seen on something awful. i'm not trying to pick on someone at all but bstyles consistenly has the best posts

http://www.somethingawful.com/d/garbage-day/randys-rap-report.php

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

That Blu & Exile owns.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

After getting to listen to Trap God, it's really good. Gucci is in top form and the beats bang.

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2AHvZWojSc

Holy poo poo, this is absolutely amazing. I have no idea how I let myself sleep on Action Bronson for so long.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Jokes on me for rushing a post before I went to work. I really like CM7. I feel like it better than Trap God by leaps and bounds. Hell scooter impressed me more than Gucci but I'm the minority that Gucci is getting stale.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Are people really liking Trap God this much? It seems like pretty standard stuff from Gucci and honestly I haven't thought anything he has put out since Streets vs Radric Davis was that good.

eighty-four merc
Dec 22, 2010

I mean, if you like trap music how could you not like trap god? So much mikewillmadeit, sizzle, drumma boy, zaytoven, the best intro in recent memory prod by lex luger. Like if you're into that sound, I don't see how you couldn't enjoy trap god. And if you aren't into it, then why are you listening to trap god?

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

RBX posted:

Jokes on me for rushing a post before I went to work. I really like CM7. I feel like it better than Trap God by leaps and bounds. Hell scooter impressed me more than Gucci but I'm the minority that Gucci is getting stale.

I think gucci has a hundred classic tracks, but hes definitely getting stale. The hit to miss ratio grows bigger and bigger.

mid posted:

For those who were interested, The AV Club is streaming The Coup's new album. Due out October 30th.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/hear-an-exclusive-advance-stream-of-the-coups-new,86830/

Wow, its loving awful. Way to sully your legacy Boots. Five great albums and now this gimmick poo poo.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Robert Analog posted:

Yeah look at those good songs by good artists people in this thread like, gently caress the mainstream. I only listen to real hip-hop like Atmosphere.

Thanks for putting a bunch of words in my mouth. I was just pointing out how limited the mainstream charts are, since they're missing all the artists/tracks that people here have been raving about lately: Kendrick Lamar, Freddie Gibbs, Gucci Mane, Ab-Soul, Schoolboy Q, etc.

I never said they weren't good songs by good artists (I like almost all of them, but come on, Mercy and Turn On the lights in the top 10 still?). I actually love pop music in general. I'm definitely not one of those overly pretentious rap fans that you seemed to be picturing when you made that post.

edit: I guess to be fair, Swimming Pools is at #14 this week.

thathonkey fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Oct 23, 2012

TenaciousTomato
Jul 17, 2007

Interworld and the New Innocence

SLAMMYsosa posted:

I mean, if you like trap music how could you not like trap god? So much mikewillmadeit, sizzle, drumma boy, zaytoven, the best intro in recent memory prod by lex luger. Like if you're into that sound, I don't see how you couldn't enjoy trap god. And if you aren't into it, then why are you listening to trap god?

The gently caress are you even saying? Trap God wasn't great. People are making some broad rear end remarks itt

eighty-four merc
Dec 22, 2010

TenaciousTomato posted:

The gently caress are you even saying? Trap God wasn't great. People are making some broad rear end remarks itt

I'm just saying it's par for the course for 2012 trap music in general and gucci's 2012 mixtape run in particular. Like I think it's loads better than I'm Up but weaker than Trap Back, but it's still definitely in the same vein. I can understand not liking it but I can't understand being disappointed in it.

Also I don't agree that Gucci is getting worse. He's not at his best right now but his 2012 run has been a lot better than anything he put out in 2010-11 imo.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Honestly Gucci was in his prime 08-09. nothing since then has touched Gucci Sosa (In my opinion the best loving thing he's ever made), the Wilt Chamberlain series, Chicken talk, EA Sportscenter, or Writing on the Wall. Everything now is a retread of what he's already said. The difference between guys like Gucci and 2 Chainz and Jeezy and Pusha T is the latter knows how to keep it fresh over and over. Gucci himself knows this that's why he's started to fake rear end beef with everybody all of a sudden. I mean he's resorted to loving dissing Yung Joc of all people.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

RBX posted:

Honestly Gucci was in his prime 08-09. nothing since then has touched Gucci Sosa (In my opinion the best loving thing he's ever made), the Wilt Chamberlain series, Chicken talk, EA Sportscenter, or Writing on the Wall. Everything now is a retread of what he's already said. The difference between guys like Gucci and 2 Chainz and Jeezy and Pusha T is the latter knows how to keep it fresh over and over. Gucci himself knows this that's why he's started to fake rear end beef with everybody all of a sudden. I mean he's resorted to loving dissing Yung Joc of all people.

Yeah uh I think Gucci sucks but I don't think you can call a beef "fake" when there's evidence that dude you're going at had something to do with a squad of dudes breaking in your spot and trying to rob you. Then you actually get off killing one of said dudes in self-defense. It's not like 50/Ja Rule

Doctor Tupac
Oct 9, 2012

by T. Finninho

alansmithee posted:

Yeah uh I think Gucci sucks but I don't think you can call a beef "fake" when there's evidence that dude you're going at had something to do with a squad of dudes breaking in your spot and trying to rob you. Then you actually get off killing one of said dudes in self-defense. It's not like 50/Ja Rule

I think the question is more about why Gucci is reheating this beef in 2012, not so much the authenticity of the beef to begin with.

I mean, before this was anyone even talking about Jeezy?

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Doctor Tupac posted:

I think the question is more about why Gucci is reheating this beef in 2012, not so much the authenticity of the beef to begin with.

I mean, before this was anyone even talking about Jeezy?

Jeezy started it yall. And gucci finished it, very quickly so its bullshit to claim hes trying to reheat it.

Muck and Mire
Dec 9, 2011

Laughing at the idea of 2 Chainz up there with Jeezy and Pusha T

Here's a hint, two of those guys have put out good albums ever

Doctor Tupac
Oct 9, 2012

by T. Finninho

the black husserl posted:

Jeezy started it yall. And gucci finished it, very quickly so its bullshit to claim hes trying to reheat it.

Upon further research, turns out it was Jeezy who reheated it with Get Right. My bad.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

^^^"Get right" was at Bleu davinci

Yea like he said that was over 5 years ago and after Jeezy dropped Stay Strapped and put that hit out Gucci never responded.

Then a few years ago this phone call drama surprised on Jeezy with Gucci on the line.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asj1tpu1uzA

Listen to jeezy, he wants no part of it and he questions Gucci supposed Blood relations (Jeezy is crip affiliated). Then jeezy drops 24/23 a blatant diss while Gucci resorts to throwing little shots here and there on Writing on the Wall. fast forward to now: Jeezy having problems with some of BMF, the Ross beef (Jeezy has already embarrassed him), and Trap god is coming out so Gucci feels a little more confortable with starting poo poo.

Jeezy is a bigger name than Ross and Gucci put together. Ross hasn't even went Plat once yet.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Ha like the new thread title

Bstyles
Jan 29, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

the black husserl posted:

Yep, this is a true statement. I guarantee you Jeezy ain't gonna try to retaliate after Gucci made the song "Truth". No way in hell, i've never heard a diss track like that. As I have said before, some of the poo poo he said in that song gave me the chills.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

RBX posted:

Jeezy is a bigger name than Ross and Gucci put together. Ross hasn't even went Plat once yet.

You're joking right?

edit: So I just checked and was actually really surprised to see Jeezy went platinum 3 times. I guess in that regard yeah Jeezy is a bigger name but Rick Ross is not a nobody

7 RING SHRIMP fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Oct 23, 2012

Bstyles
Jan 29, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

EATIN SHRIMP posted:

You're joking right?

God damnet, I was about to edit my post just now and say the same thing. Rick ross is worth at least 25 million dollars net worth alone. Jeezy? Probably about 10 million or so? Money does the math.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, love me Jeezy way more then officer Ricky but money rules everything in the rap game.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Bstyles posted:

Yep, this is a true statement. I guarantee you Jeezy ain't gonna try to retaliate after Gucci made the song "Truth". No way in hell, i've never heard a diss track like that. As I have said before, some of the poo poo he said in that song gave me the chills.

Have you heard Stay Strapped or 24/23?

EATIN SHRIMP posted:

You're joking right?

Jeezy has two platinum albums! hsi first 3 are agreed upon as classics. The two trap or Die mixtapes are legendary, hell all of his mixtapes are good. Jay Z backing him 100%. Ross' first cd is an after thought, Trilla was meh, Deeper than rap was great and showed growth but then the 50 beef made the cop poo poo made him look like a lying jackass. Teflon Don is forgettable as is this last one. The only thing that helped him was BMF but it's also hurt him as ever since BMF he's made the exact same song a million times. Everybody likes Ross' raps but he holds no weight in the streets. MMG is a decent group but nobody fucks with Wale, Meek is the only hope they have. Gucci is self explanatory.

Bstyles
Jan 29, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

RBX posted:

Have you heard Stay Strapped or 24/23?

Nah man! Never heard of any of their older beef until Guccis new diss!

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Jeezy said Gucci was retarded so that started the whole diss records up again now.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Bstyles posted:

God damnet, I was about to edit my post just now and say the same thing. Rick ross is worth at least 25 million dollars net worth alone. Jeezy? Probably about 10 million or so? Money does the math.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, love me Jeezy way more then officer Ricky but money rules everything in the rap game.

Dude, Jeezy and Ross basically make the same amount averaged every year according to forbes, all you need to do is google this poo poo.

Bstyles
Jan 29, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Wezlar posted:

Dude, Jeezy and Ross basically make the same amount averaged every year according to forbes, all you need to do is google this poo poo.

Ross worth way more then Jeezy. Not even gonna argue man. This is a real stupid rear end argument.

EDIT: This is my favorite interview of Rick Ross, dissing Floyd Mayweather. This is how much of a dumb rear end I think Ross is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8CTMRcM6BQ

Bstyles fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Oct 23, 2012

GET MONEY
Sep 7, 2003

:krakken::krakken::krakken:
After a few more listens I think I'm Up is better than Trap God, but it's good to see Gucci back on point. When he did those back to back bids it really hosed up his output quality, but this year he has been crushing it.

Ricky is probably worth a little more than Jeezy these days but I think Jeezy's got at least 20 mil on the low. I heard he owns a bunch of tire shops or something out in GA? Ross does have all those Wingstops now, plus his little MMG thing seems to be working pretty well for him.

But I'd believe Jeezy over Ross any day of the week. Plus TM101 > Rozay's discography.

Bstyles
Jan 29, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

GET MONEY posted:

But I'd believe Jeezy over Ross any day of the week. Plus TM101 > Rozay's discography.

I still bump Thug Motivation 101 in my car. Great driving music.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

50 destroyed every ounce of Ross credibility. Had both of his babymamas looking stupid too. I don't know where Ross' money would come from other than mostly def jam and i'd think they'd pay Jeezy more than Ross as he's proven to be a big seller. Ross was irrelevant until BMF.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bstyles
Jan 29, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
[quote="cardedagain" post="408769750"]
was jamming this on repeat today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2aViY_YKkg
beat borrows from Three 6 "Orange Mound"

God drat this is great. Loved this beat from 36. Always loved "dark" beats/lyrics like this.

EDIT: Gonna check this dude out more on youtube.

EDIT 2: I don't give a gently caress if this is YOU and trying to self promote this poo poo but I love this old 36 style chopped and screwed type of music. Thanks dude! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWhNCs_jlPI just loving great.

""Bitch rear end nigga, know what it do, nigga like me aint scared of you, scope on the AK, I see you hospital" behind that beat...so good.

"J green from the darkside, the lyrical homicide, pick ya body up and dump yo rear end off on Riverside. Demons they lurking, you niggas get crept on, black on black vests or chess full of Teflon.

This is that late night poo poo you listen to driving down the highway. These lines are as gangsta as it gets. But the one in bold is just great word play.

Bstyles fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Oct 24, 2012

• Locked thread