Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Apparently I have no idea how to get the medic grenade. I thought just buying it from the trader would work (tried it in Solo, anyway), but I did the same online and nearly blew myself up.

EDIT: I guess it depends on the server. Got it to work fine now.

Mitama fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Oct 24, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
Apparently killing Stalkers with the Thompson doesn't count for Commando Stalker kills. :( Oh well, still a fun gun.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Man wish I didn't just blow so much on the PSN. Those DLC weapons sound fun as hell.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
They gave the firebug's flamethrower reload speed bonus to all of the fire guns. A shotgun with a 60% reload bonus is amazing, firebug is top tier now.

Flare revolver it really powerful and I can see myself using it as a sidearm on nearly everything except maybe sharpshooters. It's nice that you can't set yourself on fire with it, though the reload is pretty gnarly as a non-firebug. I will never be playing anything besides a flare/trench firebug now because it validates my existence in the same way the husk gun did for like two weeks.

Polka_Rapper
Jan 22, 2011

Professor Cthulhu posted:

The buzzsaw crossbow in a narrow hallway is the best thing in this game now.

I'm sorry, this is the best thing in the game now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbSBwuqrVdY&hd=1

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
I discovered the trampoline by accident earlier and drat near killed myself trying to get off because I didn't think to land on the roof. :downs:

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Digging the Thompson so far. Seems like a great CQB gun for Commandoes. Less recoil than the AK, smaller ROF than the M4. I'm liking it.

Polka_Rapper
Jan 22, 2011

Insert name here posted:

I discovered the trampoline by accident earlier and drat near killed myself trying to get off because I didn't think to land on the roof. :downs:

The first time I fell off, I was trying to jump over to the roof. After the wave started, I was wondering if they would bounce as well. And they did.

UltraShame
Nov 6, 2006

Vocabulum.
I'm still not seeing any servers (when I refresh the list, there's maybe 6-7) and I have my version in the client as "KF Version 1039". Also no new map when looking in solo.

Am I doing something wrong beyond waiting for the client to update? I'm in the U.S. and have a solid connection.

Just wondering if I missed a step. Steam usually drives the bus on its own.

Throckwoddle
Jan 3, 2012

You wanna dance?
I am loving the medic grenades so much. Damage over time that heals friendlies is great and I can escape getting mobbed by gassing myself now and get topped off on the way out.

ff7cid
Jun 27, 2008

Beartato! I just became aware of the vast speed at which we are hurtling through the universe! Now it's all I can think about!

Polka_Rapper posted:

I'm sorry, this is the best thing in the game now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbSBwuqrVdY&hd=1

Well it looks like I'm going to have to reinstall Killing Floor right this instant.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
Digging the hell out of this update, this is a lot of content for just a holiday event. Nearly lost my poo poo when one of the new songs for the hillbilly map went into a Thriller tribute :xd:

And like others have said the new zeds look really good, better than Xmas or Steampunk flavors IMO. The gnome hunt was really fun, and different than anything they've ever done with KF. I wouldn't mind something similar being done with all the maps, if just to give me an excuse to thoroughly explore each one. And the trampoline is out of left field as well, that opens the door for all kinds of crazy environmental things they can do with future maps. Overall this is one balla' rear end update :rock:

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

No one cat should have all that power
I don't know if it was a server mod or a visual glitch, but if not...pretty sure the dragons breath trenchgun shoots right through players. :stare:

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

God, you vindictive bitch, why can't I ever have any "me" time

I'm pretty sure the gnome hunt achievement triggered on some arbitrary false positive for me, but given the rate at which I was finding them I won't complain. Gliding around as Berzerker Death complete with scythe and lopping off fleshpound heads is a grand ol' time.

Speaking of the scythe, that thing is crazy. It's like the claymore but with a comically huge sweeping hitbox. Makes ploughing through a herd of clots that much more fun, and nailing the loving crawlers that much easier.

That M99 rebalance, though, holy poo poo. That thing just isn't worth it anymore unless you can farm ammo boxes like a madman or happen to be rolling in several thousand spare dosh.

Also there's a new bug preventing you from buying dual MK23's if you already have one.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Has anyone had a Store bug where buying the KF bundle doesn't give them the community weapons pack DLC, and found a way to resolve it? I've got a ticket with Steam support but it takes them forever.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Oct 24, 2012

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
So I just bought the DLC weapons. If I drop a DLC gun, are people who bought the DLC the only ones able to pick them up?

e: Also, if there are any europeans out there who want to play HoE without camping some corner where all the zeds come through one doorway, hit me up.

Bloodmobile fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Oct 24, 2012

Thingstropolis
Apr 6, 2011

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Has anyone had a Store bug where buying the KF bundle doesn't give them the community weapons pack DLC, and found a way to resolve it? I've got a ticket with Steam support but it takes them forever.

A few people have reported the same problem on the Tripwire forums, so it'll likely be sorted out soon.

Bloodmobile posted:

So I just bought the DLC weapons. If I drop a DLC gun, are people who bought the DLC the only ones able to pick them up?

Nah, you don't need to own the DLC to pick them up.

Pumpking
Oct 27, 2007

Who is number 1?
Killing floor thread is on the front page with 75 new posts. Halloween update must have been revealed.

E: O poo poo its out already :woop:

Pumpking fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Oct 24, 2012

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

I know the achievement is called "Trench Warfare", but it never actually said I had to use the Trenchgun instead of the Flamethrower to set the zeds on fire. :downs: Could have saved a bit of time with that.

Oh well, got the Halloween achievements. Running around as the Reaper is gonna be a blast.

UltraShame
Nov 6, 2006

Vocabulum.

UltraShame posted:

I'm still not seeing any servers (when I refresh the list, there's maybe 6-7) and I have my version in the client as "KF Version 1039". Also no new map when looking in solo.

Am I doing something wrong beyond waiting for the client to update? I'm in the U.S. and have a solid connection.

Just wondering if I missed a step. Steam usually drives the bus on its own.

Fixed this for myself:

All it took was "Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity of Game Cache".

Don't know how I didn't think to do this before.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

what custom maps do y'all wanna see on Birdcage?

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Just to clarify before I reinstall thanks to some mod I never intentionally downloaded apparently hijacking my KF (or some massive bug), the perk progress data isn't saved locally, right? I should be able to just uninstall and reinstall without any problems?

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

John Murdoch posted:

Just to clarify before I reinstall thanks to some mod I never intentionally downloaded apparently hijacking my KF (or some massive bug), the perk progress data isn't saved locally, right? I should be able to just uninstall and reinstall without any problems?

Just reinstalled without making any backups, perk progress was retained.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

perk progress is tracked via Steam achievements, you should be fine.

Lucky Samurai
Oct 4, 2011

Being jaded about something is so cool. You're just as useless as everybody else, but you get to be irritating and bitter about it.

alg posted:

What is the Birdcage's info? I thought it got taken down.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Yeah, I put it back up, I'll probably keep it up through the Christmas event.

69.61.27.20:7707

password: lljk

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

alg posted:

Do you guys play those fancy mission maps? I liked KF-RE1MansionStory.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

This game's five bucks on Steam and there's a Halloween event. I just bought it and I'm going to try it for the first time tonight, would really love to play with some goons.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

These new weapons are extremely fun. I can't stop myself from getting dual flare revolvers and just unloading on everything like crazy.

To anyone worried about medic grenades, they both heal your teammates and hurt enemies, so you aren't losing your panic button. You also still get dosh for healing with them, so they're actually crazy good.

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

Does demo by any chance get anything? Maybe a damage bonus on dragons breath since that poo poo looks like it's exploding on impact? Poor demos, with firebugs getting all this attention they seem like the new red headed stepchild.

Orpheus77
Nov 17, 2007

Meow Tse-tung posted:

Does demo by any chance get anything? Maybe a damage bonus on dragons breath since that poo poo looks like it's exploding on impact? Poor demos, with firebugs getting all this attention they seem like the new red headed stepchild.

They get a new shotgun, which owns.

Frag Man
Sep 2, 2011
Jumped right back in because of the hillbilly event. Are the hillbilly crawlers faster compared to the vanilla ones? The certainly seem to jump more often once they are close enough.

Also, whats with the apparent disdain for playing with foreigners? I got some real bad attitude from some americans for being a swede. I get that I can mess up the ping, but my prior experience was that people were always so polite when playing KF. Must be that "thank you" button. Now if Tripwire could just implement a "Stick together team"...

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
It's more like there's always gonna be a couple of shitheads who like to blame their incompetence on anything they can find. You probably just got some bad luck, dude.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
My god, the buzzsaw crossbow thing is so broken, it bounces around, takes heads off, goes through multiple enemies, and you can pick up the buzzsaws again to use them! granted it only holds 16, and the drat thing costs a lot, but drat!

Love the flare revolvers and trench gun, such a badass combo as the Chickenator. we need a chicken head version of :black101:

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

Orpheus77 posted:

They get a new shotgun, which owns.

I thought that only applied to firebug?

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
I just found out the nailgun is also a shotgun, i thought it'd be like an smg or something but nope! it shoots about 5 or 6 nails at a time, and they bounce of walls. It also has a flashlight. Nnnnggghhthis game.

QwertySanchez fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Oct 25, 2012

Orpheus77
Nov 17, 2007

Meow Tse-tung posted:

I thought that only applied to firebug?

Crap, sorry, misread you. You are correct in that there are no new guns for demoman :(

Industrial
May 31, 2001

Everyone here wishes I would ragequit my life
Apparently there are no active servers right now....seems like a bad time for an event.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Industrial posted:

Apparently there are no active servers right now....seems like a bad time for an event.

It took me 25 minutes to find any server running HillbillyHorror with ONE open slot last night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Birdcage should be up now with some custom maps loaded.

I don't know why, but that map vote file is really slow to download off my host, the maps are forwarded to my web host.

69.61.27.20:7707

pw: lljk

• Locked thread