Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Bob NewSCART posted:

Rapping about smoking crack and holding a gun to your head pretending to act like you're going to kill yourself is not Cool

Okay, well, hopefully next time you'll include that in your future posts rather than just trying to rattle off one-liners or three-worders that add nothing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Diodeous posted:

Okay, well, hopefully next time you'll include that in your future posts rather than just trying to rattle off one-liners or three-worders that add nothing!
Backseat modding is as bad as poo poo posting Fyi

animal drums
Jul 8, 2010

Bob NewSCART posted:

Backseat modding is as bad as poo poo posting Fyi

Calling someone out for their lovely posting isnt backseat modding.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Is Gunplay another Kendrick? gently caress no but he's got an energy in him that I haven't heard in rap in a minute. I mean, you could argue Waka but IDK, I think Gunplay has him. Like people mentioned earlier, I also appreciate that I probably don't have to worry about Gunplay being revealed as police or a liar. Again, this was the guy who has an up and coming rap career and he pulls a gun on his accountant in plain sight of a camera.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNHS4hpwR6c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQ938S6GJWc

He does look like he has a brown dick/poop sticking out his neck in the M1 video but otherwise, I can gently caress with Gunplay hella.

Boywhiz88 fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Oct 28, 2012

animal drums
Jul 8, 2010
gently caress you he's a good rapper, it's not just about his energy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlmyxA_LxAo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cKqXFWjoxU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

alansmithee posted:

All foreign rap is pure poo poo.

I disagree:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9EL6VRZ8W0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJH8_S3CxXA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZW5jhBtQc70
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yp3qBtYzoG0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INvE0P-pHYA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlxANBwMAvs

Alhazred fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Oct 28, 2012

doctor thodt
Apr 2, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
King Louie x Juicy J x Pusha T

http://soundcloud.com/kinglmusic/my-hoes-they-do-drugs-feat

That album's gonna slay.

Doctor Tupac
Oct 9, 2012

by T. Finninho
Haha, what a track title.

This is great so far, haven't gotten to the Pusha verse yet. Is there any reason to be excited by his solo album or do you guys think it's gonna suck?

Edit: Pusha's verse kinda sucks

Doctor Tupac fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Oct 28, 2012

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

If you disagree why not provide some counterexamples rather than the garbage dudes you posted? Don't get me wrong it's cute watching foreign dudes do their best "thug" impressions but it's hardly good music. I do give the last dude credit for trying to bite Asher Roth though, that's at least something new to blatantly rip off.

It's like the other guy said, all foreign rap either sounds like horrible versions of NY 90's poo poo, native tongues, trap, or run dmc. They all lack any semblance of originality, and as far as the rapping it ranges from "almost passable" to "absurdly bad".

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Alhazred posted:

I disagree:
The lady in that second clip is pretty fresh. Don't really dig the rest, because of the language barrier.

alansmithee posted:

It's like the other guy said, all foreign rap either sounds like horrible versions of NY 90's poo poo, native tongues, trap, or run dmc. They all lack any semblance of originality, and as far as the rapping it ranges from "almost passable" to "absurdly bad".
Yes, everything is stolen from everything else.

But don't insult our skills.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYeWo-kunzc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyrcAPJSRJc&feature=relmfu

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Tin Tim posted:

The lady in that second clip is pretty fresh.

I like how she went from being a Melodi Grand Prix reject to this.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Unpopular opinion: Bitch Dan't Kill My Vibe is good, but its beat and lyrics sounds like a reggae-rock jam.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Re-foreign rap
Check out Max Normal. It's the dude from Die Antwoord in an earlier group. Only one album came out, but it loving owns (songs from the mall)

Links

youtube.com/#/watch?v=H7RT1zb43mM&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DH7RT1zb43mM

youtube.com/watch?feature=relmfu&v=V13uC0jriy0

youtube.com/watch?feature=relmfu&v=fXwmgVGjJvY

GET MONEY
Sep 7, 2003

:krakken::krakken::krakken:

thathonkey posted:

I was referring to this interview I read a long rear end time ago on Jada from when he had just gotten hot in the early 2000s. He was talking about how he exaggerates in his music: especially about violence and killing. Anyway I just tried to dig it up but i couldnt find poo poo so its either been scrubbed really thoroughly from the internet or I was thinkin of some other rapper. I know Jada has a few lil weed charges and a gun charge on his record so whatever I guess that makes him thug... Not really though cause many fools these days, rap game or otherwise, have that type of sheet.

That's probably true, I just can't see Drake getting his car washed in Yonkers.

Re: real rear end music, I can't stop listening to Love Sosa. As dumb as these GBE kids seem to be they know how to put out catchy rear end ignant poo poo.

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

has this been posted yet? great joint, cool video, nice.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UWjKkgrMgo

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Do some of you actually like this Riff Raff horseshit or is it typical goon irony?

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

RBX posted:

Do some of you actually like this Riff Raff horseshit or is it typical goon irony?

Good beats, good rhymes, hot ice, whats not to like man?

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

RBX posted:

Typical, goons liking poo poo that I don't like

Lol

K-Flow
Nov 20, 2004

the new sean price is really good, definitely buying it when it comes out. good to hear that 9th wonder STILL doesn't have a new snare drum

cardedagain
Aug 28, 2006

new lil ugly mane track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8l6_K4nF2w

there's two songs in there, and the second song sounds like an authentic sounding attempt at 90s east coast rap.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

cardedagain posted:

new lil ugly mane track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8l6_K4nF2w

there's two songs in there, and the second song sounds like an authentic sounding attempt at 90s east coast rap.

holy poo poo ugly mane is on another level

seriously that second track is like a lost track from a demonic big l or nas

Tolkien minority fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Oct 29, 2012

epic funhaver
Jun 8, 2011

by Debbie Metallica

RBX posted:

its the typical "i started listening to it just as a joke haha but x actually has bars!!" except riff raff really has no merit unlike chief keef or gucci mane or whatever else people ruthlessly co-opt

epic funhaver
Jun 8, 2011

by Debbie Metallica

Boywhiz88 posted:

Is Gunplay another Kendrick? gently caress no but he's got an energy in him that I haven't heard in rap in a minute. I mean, you could argue Waka but IDK, I think Gunplay has him. Like people mentioned earlier, I also appreciate that I probably don't have to worry about Gunplay being revealed as police or a liar. Again, this was the guy who has an up and coming rap career and he pulls a gun on his accountant in plain sight of a camera.

[video type=""]kNHS4hpwR6c[/video]
[video type=""]fQ938S6GJWc[/video]

He does look like he has a brown dick/poop sticking out his neck in the M1 video but otherwise, I can gently caress with Gunplay hella.

the first track is good and the second one is good too but the second dude loving kills him so idk why youd use it as an example of why hes good

epic funhaver
Jun 8, 2011

by Debbie Metallica

animal drums posted:

gently caress you he's a good rapper, it's not just about his energy

[video type=""]wlmyxA_LxAo[/video]
[video type=""]_cKqXFWjoxU[/video]

these are better even if the first one is pretty short.. he goes off on that second one though, besides the obvious comparison

epic funhaver fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Oct 29, 2012

epic funhaver
Jun 8, 2011

by Debbie Metallica

alansmithee posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

cardedagain posted:

new lil ugly mane track.

How can I talk to someone about this track? :psyduck:

Anyway, looking forward to more of this, the world needs more LIL UGLY MANE, or at least I do.

an skeleton
Apr 23, 2012

scowls @ u
gently caress this thread has gotten really terrible. Yes, people really like "Artist." Some people -- and I know this may come as a shock to you -- have different taste than you, they might even like a Rapper who you think is Silly.

Noz posted a list of favorite tracks from the past 10 years and it's a good listen.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

That BET Cipher Freestyle is now the second song that I officially like by Gunplay.
He usually has average beats, average and sometimes slightly above par lyrics, and poo poo videos that include him trying too hard to show he's living or has lived a hard life.

With that being said, I think there's something happening besides poo poo posting. It's no secret I've done my fair share, but I think this is recently more about most goons not liking these artist that are raved about in this thread.
I don't like 75% of the poo poo that's posted in here, but I stick around for that little bit of greatness. From what I've seen though, the guys who have been here longer turn into assholes when someone posts something that they disagree with
(See Alan, Senate, Chopper or even some of my posts).
I'm probably gonna catch a lot of poo poo for this post but gently caress it. I already catch a lot of poo poo here from assholes who wouldn't act like dicks in person, but feel free to do so behind their PC. I don't mean that in a sense that I'm some tough guy but dudes here talk a lot of unnecessary poo poo instead of getting straight to the point.

Basically, it's a combination of bad posting and rear end in a top hat nature that is contributing to the poo poo of this thread. How about we just speak on who likes what and why, and stop these stupid assassinations of character?

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Having angry, violent opinions about hiphop is a part of the game. Being subjective and accepting is some new poo poo people have made up. Hiphop is always about competition and one-upmanship. This "everyone's cool" stuff isn't really real, people have always had favorites. But at least in the past, people sorta listened outside their taste more than they do now. A lot of hiphop opinions today are lip service to respecting someone hustle but people aren't more accepting than any other time.

Now, as for that list, the minute I saw Dipset's Anthem, I knew you and the dude that made that list are horrible people. That song single handedly turned me off from hiphop for a couple of years. I couldn't post a better list of horrible poo poo to forever ruin someone from hiphop. Dipset's Anthem and Lil Boosie? Young Dro? That's peak ignorance. That list represents something. Its a sound and movement that dominated the 2000's. I'm so loving glad the hipsters and nerds took over. Trap music (Gucci, TI, and Jeezy specifically) helped see people out. A-n-y-thing is better than listening to Dipset and all the failed gangsters fumble over knock off alchemist beats, poor man's Prodigy and Havoc type of music. Not every song in that list is horrible (Mac Dre, Earl) but a lot of those artists are tolerated and once again paid lip service because people are afraid of being labeled a hater. Ain't no one saying "I miss those Dipset days".

What's up with all the Kendrick hate all of a sudden? People are breaking their backs to find flaws in GKMC. Its funny. Someone said "How did you know Illmatic was a classic when you first heard it?" And really, that's that for GKMC. People know someone special when they get it. You can spend all the time in the world analysizing it. But on the low low, a lot of classics today wasn't classic when they first came out. But a lot of people knew it before everyone else came around. Praise for GKMC is the least forced I've heard in years. I don't care if it is called classic or gets 5 mikes or whatever. But people are trying to protect some kind of hiphop honor in not praising the album, as if hiphop hasn't been whored out and abused by any and everyone for the past 10 years.

temple fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Oct 29, 2012

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

temple posted:

Ain't no one saying "I miss those Dipset days".

| miss those Dipset days.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

It's people still trying to copy disset to this day but i'm sleep.

If you like what you like its fine. Nobody's (at least not me) downing you about the music you like. It's not that serious. I don't care how "real" a guy is if the song is good. The beauty of hip hop is diversity as corny as that sounds.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

gurr gurr Byrdgang

farmtrill
Feb 2, 2006

cryme posted:

this again.

and temple i hardly think its some kind of hip hop honor in not praising the kendrick album, its a reaction to him being hailed as the savoir of rap and the album being massively over-rated and being called a classic as soon as it leaked. why is kendrick the counterpoint to hip hop being "used & abused"? is this the new backpacker/consious rap superiority complex setting in again?

kendrick valiantly rides in on his trusty black steed to destroy the ignorance spread by the evil trap rapper dragons!

animal drums
Jul 8, 2010
There's some clowns around here who claim they like the Dipset and their music, but in private I think we can all agree that they're just pretending to like Dipset to maintain their honor. To disrespect Cam'Ron would bring great shame upon one's family.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

That whole dipset vs backpacker vs conscious rap thing only exists on the Internet. I don't anyone who identifies as one kind of listener.

Point being, there are far more listeners than are easily grouped into conscious versus trap/dipset/whatever ignorance is popular. Which is why it is so annoying for people spend so much time trying to write off GKMC by discussing who they think are his fans instead the actual album. The only criticism of his music I've read is
1) the beats are trash
2) he does weird voices

Everything else has been trying to define what classic means or who listens to him or overhyped complaints. Which I was reading around someone brought up a good point that overhyped music also gets over-criticized too. But its all annoying anyway because people freely call albums instant classics all the drat time anyway so this isn't the first and probably not the last. I feel that non ignorant music always seems to attract a special kind of criticism that flat out dumb poo poo doesn't. Dipset is a case and point because I know it wouldn't be a stretch to criticize those albums top to bottom but people don't care. But if Kendrick makes another album talking about real issues, people poo poo on it a little more.

So anyone that lists boosie and juelz santana as their favorite artist gets the gas face when it comes to their opinion about anything else. They don't seem to be discriminating at all except when people actually try to make good music.

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

temple posted:

Dipset's Anthem and Lil Boosie? Young Dro? That's peak ignorance. That list represents something.

Calling that Boosie song "peak ignorance" is ignorant as gently caress.

And there isn't a whole lot of Kendrick hate, there's just a backlash to all the people saying ridiculous poo poo about it.

asap-salafi
May 5, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
Kendricks new album is actually the hottest thing I've heard since Stillmatic.

gently caress Gucci Mane. gently caress Dipset! YARAJGKJAGHJWHAJKGWHTKJATAWT

/ END OF BAD POST

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

animal drums posted:

To disrespect Cam'Ron would bring great shame upon one's family.
Never forget

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O7y5ZjjrMQ#t=2m57s

:colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

temple
Jul 29, 2006

asap-salafi posted:

Kendricks new album is actually the hottest thing I've heard since Stillmatic.

gently caress Gucci Mane. gently caress Dipset! YARAJGKJAGHJWHAJKGWHTKJATAWT

/ END OF BAD POST
I never said gently caress Gucci mane.
That's not a response, its a poo poo post. You could say a bad post.

• Locked thread