Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I really liked that Halo 3 and Reach had pretty long levels compared to every other FPS title out there, with their only 5 minute long levels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp
I agree, but even in good, long levels there gets to be a point where you start thinking "okay, I get it." Halo 3 and Reach were right around that perfect length where the levels didn't feel short but they also didn't wear out their welcome.

Donald Kimball
Sep 2, 2011

PROUD FATHER OF THIS TURD ------>

Am I the only person that thinks Halo would be even better with a support system? I can see some of the armor abilities approaching this: regeneration and the auto-sentry. I just want to be a Spartan medic.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Donald Kimball posted:

Am I the only person that thinks Halo would be even better with a support system? I can see some of the armor abilities approaching this: regeneration and the auto-sentry. I just want to be a Spartan medic.

Tough to say if that would be a good idea or not. When I think of Spartans, I think these soldiers that are able to work in the field solo, and have all they need in one suit. What would be sweet is taking that idea and implementing it into Halo: ODST.

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT

Donald Kimball posted:

You're in luck, there's going to be a regeneration-bubble-thingy as an armor ability in Halo 4, and you'll be able to yell frantically to your teammates across the map that they should come get in your bubble.

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

Now I smell like lemonade!

Donald Kimball posted:

I don't ever want to see a class based halo.

Edit: Reason: Sniper Class

MickRaider fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Oct 29, 2012

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I don't ever want to see another sniper rifle :getin:

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

In light of the recent weather events, specifically Hurricane Sandy, I've noticed there's been a lot of questions and concerns flying around, like how it's impacting businesses and people, and even the presidential campaigns. However there is one extremely important issue that I haven't seen any discussion about: Will the storm delay Halo 4!?

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

InfinEight posted:

In light of the recent weather events, specifically Hurricane Sandy, I've noticed there's been a lot of questions and concerns flying around, like how it's impacting businesses and people, and even the presidential campaigns. However there is one extremely important issue that I haven't seen any discussion about : Will the storm delay Halo 4!?

Unless game shipments are already going to stores I don't see much of a threat.

Plus aren't most xbox games produced in Mexico?

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp

MickRaider posted:

Yeah, this. Battlefield and CoD are bad enough with "a couple people trying to win and the rest are all hiding around the map working on their sweet headshot montage." Hope they keep that garbage out of Halo.

Also, bubble shield is back? Does it block bullets this time around? Because that worked out really well in Reach's objective modes.

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer

MickRaider posted:

Unless game shipments are already going to stores I don't see much of a threat.

Plus aren't most xbox games produced in Mexico?

The store I'm getting my game from got H4 back around Oct 19 so the only interruption will be you driving to the store!

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

TheGreatGildersneeze posted:

Yeah, this. Battlefield and CoD are bad enough with "a couple people trying to win and the rest are all hiding around the map working on their sweet headshot montage." Hope they keep that garbage out of Halo.
It's pretty bad in TF2 as well. 0-1 medic, 1-2 demo, 1-2 soldier, 1-2 scout, 1-2 pyro, 16 loving snipers

Also, bubble shield is back? Does it block bullets this time around? Because that worked out really well in Reach's objective modes.

I haven't seen any bubble shield?

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

I don't think it's a shield that blocks shots, I saw it in one of the MP vids where someone threw down a glowing green bubble, like the regenerator in Halo 3 and assumed that was the bubble-shield replacement.

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

InfinEight posted:

I don't think it's a shield that blocks shots, I saw it in one of the MP vids where someone threw down a glowing green bubble, like the regenerator in Halo 3 and assumed that was the bubble-shield replacement.

That's the regenerator. Restores shields like halo 3's did

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009

NuckmasterJ posted:

The store I'm getting my game from got H4 back around Oct 19 so the only interruption will be you driving to the store!

God speed amazon delivery man, god speed.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

MickRaider posted:

I don't really want HALO to have classes, but I wouldn't mind a spin off game like Battlefield Halo or something, actually I would totally love that but only as a spin off yeah.

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

FishBulb posted:

I don't really want HALO to have classes, but I wouldn't mind a spin off game like Battlefield Halo or something, actually I would totally love that but only as a spin off yeah.
I'd also like to see more Halo spinoffs. I love the classic halo style but I'd definitely like to see more Battlefield elements in there (64 v 64 teams? yes please)

or some splinter cell type stealth missions.

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

Halo: World Racers, choose from 10 exciting vehicles, each with their own unique driver and experience your favorite environments all over again at speeds that are guaranteed to thrill!

Halo: Galactic Brawl, choose your warrior and hit the ring, complete a melee spree and earn a weapon drop, or even call in Pokemon reinforcements. The fighting style is up to you!

Halo: Bubble Bobble, those tricky covenant are dropping plasma bubbles on Earth, only you can pop them all before they kill millions!

Halo: Twister, use the Xbox Kinect to test your flexibility against your favorite Halo characters, including Hunters and the Prophets!

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I would play 3 of those 4 games...

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

FishBulb posted:

I would play 3 of those 4 games...

Halo Twister would be a blasty blast.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Halo: Complex - You are a Spartan dropped into a secret Covenant military facility built around a mysterious Forerunner complex. Explore the facility, upgrade your weapons and armor with pilfered Covenant and Forerunner technology and neutralize the threat to humanity at the heart of the complex. Completing Halo: Complex unlocks the ability to play as an ODST instead of a Spartan, for added excitement and challenge.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

InfinEight posted:

Ahh, that's cool, then. Even the bubble shield was fine in H3 when only one or two people had them, but it was pretty lame in Assault or CTF when a flag would go down and five bubble shields would go up (although no-one else seemed to figure out that a full armor lock discharge would blow all the shields with its EMP).

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

Halo: Olympics, all your favorite events are here along with some new ones, like Grunt Punt and Tank Flipping. Go for the gold as your favorite character, or play against them as your custom Mii! (exclusive to Wii U)

Halo: Cortana's Day out, explore the galactic super-net as everyone's favorite snide blue lady, go shopping for new skins and hair styles at the galaxy's most popular cyber-salons, and wax poetic about your short life and how you wish to taste a macchiato frappuccino from that new cafe!

Halo: Meet the Grunts, build command trees to accomplish tasks like running around waving your arms, accidentally throwing grenades on your comrades, and cleaning the Brute's toilets. Directly control the life of a grunt from birth to methane explosion!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I want a GruntGrunt Rocket.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

I said come in! posted:

I laughed way too hard at this.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I want Halo Pinball.

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

I said come in! posted:

Only if it gets a TV ad that is more or less the same as the Japanese Chu Chu Rocket ad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQmI8SIrV2M

BabyMauler
Sep 19, 2005
I just want another ODST player character game. Or hell ODST 2, Staring you as the Not So Rookie. It will be a kinect game.

Arthe Xavier
Apr 22, 2007

Artificial Stupidity

gooby on rails posted:

I want Halo Pinball.

So do I. I would also like to see a fully-fledged, high-budget game centered around Halo's Blitzball. Career-modes and everything.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Arthe Xavier posted:

So do I. I would also like to see a fully-fledged, high-budget game centered around Halo's Blitzball. Career-modes and everything.

Blitzball was a Final Fantasy thing. Are you thinking of Grifball?

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Halo: Dance Central :hellyeah: Like this, but Halo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_xJqkzngBI
Complete with cheesy pop music with the lyrics replaced to be about Halo.

Or, to be more serious:

BabyMauler posted:

I just want another ODST player character game. Or hell ODST 2, Staring you as the Not So Rookie. It will be a kinect game.

This would be cool, too. Preferably one that actually reflects the fact that you're an ODST and not a shorter Spartan. And with a combat drop, like in the trailer for ODST or the third episode of FUD, where you just ride your coffin straight to the ground, the door blows off and you step out, guns blazing, into a pitched battle.

Another cool setting for a spinoff would be one where you play as an ONI agent in the setting Traviss's books are exploring now, where you're trying to destabilize Sangheilios as much as possible in the years after the Covenant War. I could see it playing sort of like Mass Effect or Alpha Protocol.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

Halo: Dance Central :hellyeah: Like this, but Halo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_xJqkzngBI
Complete with cheesy pop music with the lyrics replaced to be about Halo.

Or, to be more serious:

This would be cool, too. Preferably one that actually reflects the fact that you're an ODST and not a shorter Spartan. And with a combat drop, like in the trailer for ODST or the third episode of FUD, where you just ride your coffin straight to the ground, the door blows off and you step out, guns blazing, into a pitched battle.

Another cool setting for a spinoff would be one where you play as an ONI agent in the setting Traviss's books are exploring now, where you're trying to destabilize Sangheilios as much as possible in the years after the Covenant War. I could see it playing sort of like Mass Effect or Alpha Protocol.

You could just have the entire game's campaign be mission after mission of Starship Trooper (the book)'s first chapter or two.

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
Who wants to rush through a campaign for fun? Pick a game (except Reach because I've played the campaign a million times).

GT: faaart XCUSE ME

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

I was thinking about replaying Halo 3 for fun...

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
Well get your rear end on then!

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

Dammit fart, I'm at work, go play with you're Master Chief if you can't wait.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

I like campingaings!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I just want to play Halo 4. I don't even feel like starting up my Xbox until next Tuesday.

SMP
May 5, 2009

InfinEight posted:

I was thinking about replaying Halo 3 for fun...

I'm replaying all the games (except Halo Wars, because gently caress it) and I just finished Halo 3 yesterday (in a 5:45 hour single session!). Halo 1 is definitely starting to feel its age. An HD remake doesn't quite help the copy/paste level design. Each game's campaign feels like a significant improvement over the last. Also something I noticed was that the Halo games loving LOVE to have you go through a level, only to reach the end, turn around and fight your way back through it; only this time there's FLOOD!!!!!!!! I can't really complain because it didn't bother me that much but it's such an easy way to extend the length of a level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

For better or for worse, Anniversary isn't really a remake since all they did was overlay a new graphics engine on the original game. I agree it's definitely a dated game but it's still a ton of fun and I'm glad I got it as an excuse to play it again.

• Locked thread