Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Xemloth posted:

First time I used a gunerang was in an open space with no enemies, I died.

The Gunerang would be pretty much the best Tediore grenade in the game if it actually hit anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

padijun posted:

Yeah, after you beat the warrior in TVHM, if you haven't accepted a quest, all of them will scale to 50. It's a pain in the rear end, but don't do anything that offers a blue reward. There are still a ton that offer you greens, money, or eridium though.

Thanks for the heads up. I just started 2.5 and got myself a Wild Evil Smasher. This mixed with my +24% explosive damage relic and this puppy should make for a great way to break the ice at the start of a fight. I also got an Expert Grenadier mod with +6 to Steady and +5 to Grenadier for a total of 17 grenades! Now all I need to do is farm Boom Bewm for that Bonus Package mod and my Explosivo character will really start living up to his name. :getin:

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.
Any goons feel like helping me out with making a new character? Just want someone to join my game, throw me some oranges and get me the pink pandoracorn skin for my mechromancer, so I can play through as the pretty child progeny ever.

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

We can rule them like gods! ...Angry gods.
Have they said when they're going to quit screwing around with Shift Codes and DLC and actually get around to fixing some screw ups? My assassin legendary mod still has a gunzerker skill on it. Seems like an easy fix..

Emery
Feb 8, 2012

TShields posted:

Have they said when they're going to quit screwing around with Shift Codes and DLC and actually get around to fixing some screw ups? My assassin legendary mod still has a gunzerker skill on it. Seems like an easy fix..

I'm thinking that might be Inconceivable at this point. :downsrim:

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008
So, I'm finally taking a serious look at making a Gunzerker (after powerlevelling one by tagging along with friends as they plow through True Vault Hunter Mode). I seem to recall someone mentioning that there's a 'bug' with Gunzerking, where one gun takes on the damage/characteristics of the other? Has this been patched out, and if not how does it work?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Genocyber posted:

This one is odd. It's a single grenade that you lob a very short distance which then explodes. I haven't tested it on an actual enemy, but I'd assume it would do massive damage against one.

Clearly the best red text.

BlackLaser
Dec 2, 2005

quote:

PC SHiFT Code for a Spooky Maya Skin in Borderlands 2: WTKBJ-XRHTW-C63BT-JTB33-J6C9T

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

novaSphere posted:

I'm a big fan of the Bonus Package:

for completely blanketing an entire area in things that make enemies die. Storm Front is pretty baller all-around though, I agree.

Seriously. I got a sticky one at lv 43 and used it way the hell into 2.5. I still keep it around because the replacement was pretty much just a sidegrade. I guess I'm gonna try and see if I can find a transfusion one. I don't know if they can spawn with Singularity and I dare not hope for it because I don't know if I'd be able to deal with such pure, concentrated awesome.

BlackLaser posted:

Halloween SHiFT codes

Before anyone at work freaks out like I almost did:

http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/community/game/borderlands-2 posted:

Each code will be active until Sunday, November 4, 2012 at 11:55PM CT

Nastyman fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Oct 31, 2012

BlackLaser
Dec 2, 2005

Nastyman posted:

Before anyone at work freaks out like I almost did:

Also if you downloaded a save with all of the skins in it, you already have it.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I might have just hosed up the SHIFT code. Entered it, hopped on to my siren, realized this save file was a duplicate of my original one because I was testing save editor stuff on her, backed out and deleted it. When I got on my original Siren, the new outfit was nowhere to be found.

Well, anyone have a save editor item code for this or something?

Mental Midget
Apr 18, 2005

We're glad you could play SQIV. As usual, you've been a real pantload.
Found the Pink Pandoracorn skin on Salvador last night while farming King Mong. Definitely found it for the best character too:

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Kaubocks posted:

I might have just hosed up the SHIFT code. Entered it, hopped on to my siren, realized this save file was a duplicate of my original one because I was testing save editor stuff on her, backed out and deleted it. When I got on my original Siren, the new outfit was nowhere to be found.

Well, anyone have a save editor item code for this or something?
That shouldn't matter at all, skins are profile unlocks.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

gibbed posted:

That shouldn't matter at all, skins are profile unlocks.
I checked my character's inventory, bank, and outfit list at the customization station and Fright of the Bumblebee isn't listed anywhere.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Mental Midget posted:

Found the Pink Pandoracorn skin on Salvador last night while farming King Mong. Definitely found it for the best character too:

Zero's Pink Pandoracorn is the best. Flashy assassin is best assassin. :colbert:

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Jesus , the Legendary Preset for the Item Rarity mod is crazy. I found more legendarys before I got to Sanctuary than I ever have. I opened 6 lockers and got 6 oranges, it was that crazy. I'm going to have to lower the numbers on that. It's a little TOO crazy.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197970790350/

I got a level 37 Gunzereker and I'm looking to play right now if anyone else is around. I also have a level 13 Siren and am willing to roll a new char. I just wanna make the most of my hurrication.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
I take back what I said earlier about rabid stalkers sucking all the dicks. That was completely incorrect. What I meant to say was all "rabid" variants of any enemy can suck all the dicks and go straight to hell.

I rage quit last night due to a rabid skag. :argh:

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Presto posted:

I take back what I said earlier about rabid stalkers sucking all the dicks. That was completely incorrect. What I meant to say was all "rabid" variants of any enemy can suck all the dicks and go straight to hell.

I rage quit last night due to a rabid skag. :argh:

Seriously. Ya wouldn't think it would be so hard to hit something that was constantly right up in your grill, but for whatever reason they're just bastards to focus fire on. Plus the whole "bullet sponge" thing. gently caress 'em.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.

Kaubocks posted:

I checked my character's inventory, bank, and outfit list at the customization station and Fright of the Bumblebee isn't listed anywhere.

After testing around a bit, would seem you have indeed screwed yourself out of the skin by not using it when you had the chance.

Though, thanks to other means, it's quite easy to replace, so you could take the one I got from the code if you want.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

Now that I've hit 2.5, I don't find rabid stalkers, or any 'rabid' variant, to be all that difficult. If anything they're a mild nuisance. Loaders on the other hand can still go screw.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
I'm level 32 on my Commando and just about to start what I assume is the final story mission, since Mordecai gave me the IF YOU NEED TO DO ANYTHING ELSE, GO DO IT NOW speech.

I'd like to go straight into TVHM after finishing normal if I can, but will I be underlevelled? I've done most but not all of the side missions so far (I think I skipped three, mostly timed delivery quests I just couldn't be bothered with).

So far I'm going straight down the Guerilla tree - is a turret-centric build going to work in TVHM or will I need to make my actual character better with a Gunpowder build or something?

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Zephro posted:

I'm level 32 on my Commando and just about to start what I assume is the final story mission, since Mordecai gave me the IF YOU NEED TO DO ANYTHING ELSE, GO DO IT NOW speech.

I'd like to go straight into TVHM after finishing normal if I can, but will I be underlevelled? I've done most but not all of the side missions so far (I think I skipped three, mostly timed delivery quests I just couldn't be bothered with).

So far I'm going straight down the Guerilla tree - is a turret-centric build going to work in TVHM or will I need to make my actual character better with a Gunpowder build or something?

You won't be underleveled. I somehow got through the finale underleveled and was fine for a while in TVHM. The more important part is trying to keep gear that's at your level because damage is going to start scaling really crazy, and you need shields and guns to keep up with that.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

Nehru the Damaja posted:

You won't be underleveled. I somehow got through the finale underleveled and was fine for a while in TVHM. The more important part is trying to keep gear that's at your level because damage is going to start scaling really crazy, and you need shields and guns to keep up with that.
OK, thanks. I have a ~7.5k Pangolin turtle shield, a health regen mod that offsets the health penalty from the shield, and that talent that gives quicker shield recharge delay and rate, so hopefully that'll last for a little while at least.

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010
So just recently I got my hands on a Rapid Infinity. I then went to find myself a Sheriff's Badge. Combined with the Commando's Gunpowder tree (Metal Storm, Duty Calls) and the Onslaught skill from the Guerrilla tree and the Legendary Soldier class mod, I can easily say that I feel incredibly overpowered right now.

The amount of bullets I can poo poo out without ever having to stop is staggering. I wiped out the starting area of Lynchwood and the area with the Sheriff in all of 10 minutes. And this is without using The Bee, or deploying the turret. Just an endless hail of bullets, as if I was in Robert Rodriguez movie about Mexican renegades.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

You should also know that tanking is pretty much useless in Pt2; every character dies in a few hits.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

Zephro posted:

I've made it to level 50 with a Gunpowder build and I've only got stuck at a few parts in TVHM. Scorched earth is super useful and I image it's even better with double up.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Spooky Salvadore skin:

PC SHiFT Code: CTK3J-9XH3W-CRB3J-33TBJ-9JJHW

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Relentless posted:

Spooky Salvadore skin:

PC SHiFT Code: CTK3J-9XH3W-CRB3J-33TBJ-9JJHW

"Spooky" indeed, if you grabbed my saves from way before they are codes for the Bee costumes.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Nastyman posted:

Seriously. I got a sticky one at lv 43 and used it way the hell into 2.5. I still keep it around because the replacement was pretty much just a sidegrade. I guess I'm gonna try and see if I can find a transfusion one. I don't know if they can spawn with Singularity and I dare not hope for it because I don't know if I'd be able to deal with such pure, concentrated awesome.

I don't think grenades can spawn as anything other than <Delivery Method> <Elemental> <Type>, unless the type (e.g. Tesla, Quasar, Bonus package, etc) overrides the element. You'll only find Bonus Packages as Lobbed/Sticky/Homing etc. Feel free to (once again) correct me if I'm wrong.

Fenn the Fool!
Oct 24, 2006
woohoo

Genocyber posted:

You should also know that tanking is pretty much useless in Pt2; every character dies in a few hits.

It's not useless, you just can't kill everything entirely by virtue of it. If you engage everyone at once at close range, yes you'll get perforated pretty quick but if you engage one guy at close range or a lot of guys at longer ranges those durability skills still mean a lot.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I just did the mission where angels fear to tread in TVHM and the beginning part of it, from claptrap deactivating the barrier up until the transition to the area that you fight bunker in, has been extremely rough. That Badass Constructor 2.0 is gonna give me nightmares.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Question, are the bullet regen relics only restricted to Salvadore?
In BL1 had one on my Commando, and could really do with one for my new one in BL2.

loving sucks running out Assault Rifle ammo a few rounds into the Arena battles.

VVV gently caress.

happyhippy fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Oct 31, 2012

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

happyhippy posted:

In BL1 had one on my Commando, and could really do with one for my new one in BL2.

loving sucks running out Assault Rifle ammo a few rounds into the Arena battles.

Only the Gunzerker gets ammo regeneration in BL2.

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010

Biggest human being Ever posted:

I just did the mission where angels fear to tread in TVHM and the beginning part of it, from claptrap deactivating the barrier up until the transition to the area that you fight bunker in, has been extremely rough. That Badass Constructor 2.0 is gonna give me nightmares.

I have done that run several times, while fighting Bunker and while helping friends complete that mission. Every time I get to that specific constructor, it's a mad dash up the stairs to the level its on and into grenade range. Because if its loving missiles are going to knock me down into FFYL, it's going to be somewhere I can chuck a handful of explosives into its stupid red eye.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

happyhippy posted:

VVV gently caress.

It's team ammo regen, so you might want to make a friend.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

Biggest human being Ever posted:

You know I had a lot more issues on normal in that fight rather than TVHM. Could be the 1000 smg rounds I unloaded on the constructor in one Gunzerk.

:smugface:

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

ColHannibal posted:

You know I had a lot more issues on normal in that fight rather than TVHM. Could be the 1000 smg rounds I unloaded on the constructor in one Gunzerk.

:smugface:

My issue might have been that I haven't done any sidequests in playthrough 2, so while he was level 47, I was level 44................with a level 40 gun. :negative:

fanny pack magic
Jul 23, 2001

Link to the skins posted earlier in the thread.

Jusupov posted:

These are merely save files full of all customization items in the game. Both are just level 1 with nothing else in them.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B0x7bWk5-NUGSEcxNnFKNXZONUU
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B0x7bWk5-NUGMjdsdEl1NUYtbkE

Had to split the saves to two as the inventory was a bit bonkers around 350 items. Maybe it was just a glitch at the time but couldn't scroll anymore. Anyway download and save in
code:
C:\Users\yourname\Documents\My Games\Borderlands 2\WillowGame\SaveData\uniquenumber
Then load the chars one at a time and start clicking like mad until you can't click no more.

Unlocked customization items are saved in profile.bin so make sure you don't have that as read only if you've been doing golden key stuff.

(Pardon for the pun in the names, I tried changing it afterwards but couldn't for some reason)

edit: I recommend using the drop key and enter only for these.

If the links don't work here they are on sendspace
http://www.sendspace.com/file/25h8qf
http://www.sendspace.com/file/ynb130

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Male Man posted:

It's team ammo regen, so you might want to make a friend.

A bullet absorption shield might help a little with this, too.

• Locked thread