Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Holy poo poo the halo wiki is a rabbit's hole. I tried looking for plot information and found out that there were pre-humans and then pre-cursors which were the most advanced thing and then came forerunners and I don't know what the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
I know this is a couple of days old and it mihght have already been posted, but this is a neat article that talks about possible clan support (!!!!!!!) and theater mode for single and coop: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-13325-Halo-4-Updates-Could-Add-Theatre-Mode-and-Clan-Support.html

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

clans owned in halo 2

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica

Bob NewSCART posted:

clans owned in halo 2

Clans were awesome. I remember being in the SA Goons clan back in 2004. I was the Staff member and everyone hated me :cool:

But I like clans because, like in Halo 2 and MW3, its like having a second friends list.

madadric
May 18, 2008

Such a BK.

Creepy Goat posted:

Ahhh this is annoying. I assumed it would have a long reload time and crappy accuracy to balance it so I could make a heavy weapons character; more of a suppression weapon that knocks enemies aim and movement around for tighter teamwork in matches.

You an equip the suppressor, which is the successor to the covenant concussion rifle from what I can tell?

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

Is a metatag getting set up for this anytime soon? I never got to play with people from the forums on the first couple of games because I got into them late but I have been playing with goons on ME3 and it's way better than pubbies.

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

Creepy Goat posted:

Anyone that got the game early and has played the campaign, is there a Warthog run at/near the end? This is important :ohdear:

Not quite. However, there is a Broadsword (human fighter) run near the end.

Creepy Goat
Sep 19, 2010

Weissritter posted:

Not quite. However, there is a Broadsword (human fighter) run near the end.

Thanks, my mouse was hovering over the 'cancel pre-order' button as I read those first two words, now I can't sleep from the excitement :stare:

Creepy Goat fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Nov 5, 2012

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

madadric posted:

You an equip the suppressor, which is the successor to the covenant concussion rifle from what I can tell?

The Supressor is the Forerunner AR-equivalent. It's low damage, but it speeds up as you fire it.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

:smug: Better players than you playing Halo 4 now :smugdog:

(Grand Finals for MLG Dallas are up on twitch now, I think it's 2-1 in a best of 7 or soemthing like that, I missed the earlier rounds)

Quality is really garbage though, they're charging for the HD streams. Free streams are nicer looking :psyduck:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Watching the Machinima stream, and no doubt in my mind, this game is so much better looking than Halo Reach and the remake of Halo Combat Evolved that came out last year. Didn't realize at all that an Xbox 360 game could look this good.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I said come in! posted:

Watching the Machinima stream, and no doubt in my mind, this game is so much better looking than Halo Reach and the remake of Halo Combat Evolved that came out last year. Didn't realize at all that an Xbox 360 game could look this good.

Definitely the technical swan song for the machine.

Sort of surprised a UE engine game wasn't the one, but MS certainly threw enough money and engineers at this game.

On that note, hurry the gently caress up next gen, these consoles are creaky and poo poo.

edit: TDM is a pretty boring finals. CTF or anything objective based is more interesting to watch when serious teamplay is involved.

victrix fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Nov 5, 2012

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
Someone please post a link to the stream. I can't find it on Twitch.

Reive
May 21, 2009

Napolean Bonerfarts posted:

Someone please post a link to the stream. I can't find it on Twitch.

Because it's Youtube Live:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzrp3CZRFl4

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Making the game volume so low so I can listen to thumbsticks click constantly was a really bold and good choice and I'm happy whoever set up the stream made it.

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
I think my favorite addition to the franchise is clack clack clack clack clack

Namaste
May 5, 2007
good news for people who love bald news

Dan Didio posted:

Making the game volume so low so I can listen to thumbsticks click constantly was a really bold and good choice and I'm happy whoever set up the stream made it.

God drat I thought I was the only one who noticed.

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
Someone keeps wheezing when he laughs.

Meat Mitts
May 28, 2012
Every host of an HD stream on twitch tv has their mic volume turned way up and the game volume down. Please, tell me more about how you should have killed that guy :allears:

At least the EU hosts had the game volume up.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp

Napolean Bonerfarts posted:

Clans were awesome. I remember being in the SA Goons clan back in 2004. I was the Staff member
Is that like a Staff Captain?

Bovineicide
May 2, 2005

Eating your face since 1991.
The hosts are teabagging each other instead of playing the game. Great.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
Hey assbutts!

I went ahead and created the Halo4Goons metatag. Y'all should get on it.

:siren:HOW TO USE THE METATAG:siren: (for those of you who haven't done this before)
  1. Send a friend request to Halo4Goons
  2. Go to http://live.xbox.com and log in with halo4goons@yahoo.com, password: lljklljk
  3. Accept your own friend request
  4. When you're playing and you want to invite goons, go to your friends list and find and select Halo4Goons
  5. On the gamercard go to the right and select "View Friends"
  6. Voila, there are your goons! Invite them to your game!

Enjoy! :) OP, wanna add this to the first post?

BabyMauler
Sep 19, 2005

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Hey assbutts!

I went ahead and created the Halo4Goons metatag. Y'all should get on it.

:siren:HOW TO USE THE METATAG:siren: (for those of you who haven't done this before)
  1. Send a friend request to Halo4Goons
  2. Go to http://live.xbox.com and log in with halo4goons@yahoo.com, password: lljklljk
  3. Accept your own friend request
  4. When you're playing and you want to invite goons, go to your friends list and find and select Halo4Goons
  5. On the gamercard go to the right and select "View Friends"
  6. Voila, there are your goons! Invite them to your game!

Enjoy! :) OP, wanna add this to the first post?

Added myself than signed out, thanks dude.

Edit: What vvvv This fellow said. GT: Unseen Grub

BabyMauler fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Nov 5, 2012

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Added myself to Halo4Goons, thank you!

My GT is omgitsbees and I still wouldn't mind more goons on my personal friends list. :)

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
Added myself yall

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Also added myself. BBP can we discuss Jason Garrett while playing

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
Trigger warning please

Reive
May 21, 2009

Added!
I've never been able to get in on a goon game so hopefully we'll get a nice party going here.

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

Added myself to the meta, GT- I GET WET

I don't post much but i'll be on tomorrow night after work.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I decided to watch through that Forward Unto Dawn dealie again, this time without the breaks between episodes and I kind of dig it. But I definitely enjoyed it before John showed up and everything went to poo poo.

I mean, yeah, it was going to happen, but the production values and the budget really don't hold up in that last episode and I thought the first three episodes were way more interesting than what came after.

Halo: Highschool Edition and all.

I did also somehow manage to miss the genuinely really funny line my first time through where Master Chief asks who's the best shot and Sully chokes out a "You, probably!?"

EDIT: Also, way too much slow-mo throughout the series and some really overwrought musical cue choices.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I just liked some of the dainty running that chief did. like an 8ft tall super solder in powered armor needs to give a gently caress about uneven terrain.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Laserface posted:

I just liked some of the dainty running that chief did. like an 8ft tall super solder in powered armor needs to give a gently caress about uneven terrain.

I liked the bit where he told them he'd draw the enemy's fire and then just vanished for a couple of minutes while the Cadets got shot at and basically did all the work.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
So has it been confirmed whether or not the double xp code on Doritoes bags can be reused for multiple people? Just asking because I work at a grocery store and may or may not have written down a whole smack o' codes.

edit: if they can't be reused I am aware that this makes me a mega-dick

vvv well the Mountain Dew for sure since those are inside the boxes, but the chip codes are outside and they might be reusable to account for jerks like me

double edit: ok well I tested by making a new account on the thing or whatever and yeah you can totally reuse the Dorito codes, so I guess if anyone wants any just PM me and I'll get em to you tomorrow some time?

I apologize sincerely to anyone who feels their purchase of Doritos or Mountain Dew for Halo 4 Double XP codes has been cheapened by my actions.

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Nov 5, 2012

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Mazerunner posted:

So has it been confirmed whether or not the double xp code on Doritoes bags can be reused for multiple people? Just asking because I work at a grocery store and may or may not have written down a whole smack o' codes.

I imagine they'd have to be single-use only.

EDIT: Yeah, I don't know if 'mega-dick' is a legal term, but there's one or two proper ones that cover that, yeah.

Turdo
Jun 15, 2012

So we are back to one health bar, as in Halo 3? I thought the shift back to the shield and health bars in Reach was very well received. Has 343 mentioned this change at all?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I would assume the official line is "Health packs suxx."

Also if you truly believe those Dorito codes aren't consumable it is your solemn duty to grab a billion of them and post em up.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

unabaumer posted:

So we are back to one health bar, as in Halo 3? I thought the shift back to the shield and health bars in Reach was very well received. Has 343 mentioned this change at all?

I think the official lore reason was that the newer suits self-inject medications and biofoam. The gameplay reason is probably "because Halo 3 did it". I did like the health/shield combo myself, though.

Taxxorrak
Jul 22, 2008

I haven't played much Halo with goons before despite playing every game in the series to piece since the original (I loved that game soo much). Playing with goons in MWO have really opened me up to how much fun it can be, so I'd want to get in on this with you. Do you guys use Mumble, or do you like use the crappy ingame voice system? My headset uses USB so I don't think I can use it with the 360, I tried it before. If I have a standard mic that with a mini-jack plug, can I just put that into the controller and then it'll work?

Oh and I added myself to the metatag! :)

One-Man-Bucket
Jan 6, 2004
The banjo is the superior instrument
So, Microsoft is doing a Halo 4 launch event today in Stockholm, featuring (among other things) me as one of the singers. It seems to be a pretty big budget event, and they will be live streaming it on http://www.areyouworthy.se/livefeed/ at 1:30pm EST / 6:30pm UTC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Si vis pacem, para bellum

I'd sign up on the metatag but I just can't access Xbox.com, so it'll have to wait.

• Locked thread