Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
Just realized I have a Target nearby, which opens at 7 AM instead of my local Best Buy's 10 AM. Can't wait to slog through Legendary!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Zaphod42 posted:

Well, I assume there's gonna be a healthy amount of options. 343i did Halo Anniversary, and that one had like 10 button configurations.

Hm, I think I might prefer sprint on B and duck on L thumbstick, but we'll see how it goes.

There are 7 control layouts for you to choose from in 4. Default, Southpaw, Boxer, Green Thumb, Bumper Jumper, Recon and Fishstick.

I used to use Recon in Reach, but i've been sticking with Default so far in the campaign, and apart from a few bumper reload mistakes, i'm getting used to it.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
Game is fun as all hell. Only played matchmaking so far, and it's awesome. I can already tell it's pretty much the best Halo yet for multiplayer. Gameplay is fast, weapons are great (preferring the DMR over the BR so far), and the new stuff is all good. Ordinance drops, the new armor abilities, the tactical packages... it all adds to the Halo experience without changing it into something un-Halo.

Only about level 10 or so, but here's my space barbie so far:

Quinch
Oct 21, 2008

Just a suggestion to any UK people here - shopto.net delivered this and assassins creed a day early, well worth using instead of amazon.

Can't wait to fire this up when I get home, graphics wise this looks as if it is as good as the 360 is going to get.

Meli-Lightfox
Feb 19, 2012

Mew
Added myself to the metatag, xXPhoenixFireXx. Picking up my game tomorrow at some point in the morning.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Quinch posted:

Just a suggestion to any UK people here - shopto.net delivered this and assassins creed a day early, well worth using instead of amazon.

Can't wait to fire this up when I get home, graphics wise this looks as if it is as good as the 360 is going to get.

I can't think of a reason why you'd ever use Amazon to deliver games on or before the release date. Shop.to always manages at least 1 day before release for me. They're usually cheaper too.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
ShopTo delivered my copy on Saturday :shobon:

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Added myself, GT: iSheep

I want to play Halo.

Quinch
Oct 21, 2008

Gunder posted:

I can't think of a reason why you'd ever use Amazon to deliver games on or before the release date. Shop.to always manages at least 1 day before release for me. They're usually cheaper too.

I had never heard of them before until someone mentioned them in the assassins creed thread and I ordered from them then 5 minutes later they had dispatched it out.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Shop.to owns and manages to use proper shipping so that living in Assland, East Europe is only a 3 day delay after dispatch unlike The Hut who sent my Reach preorder for 3 loving weeks.

Are you guys pumped I am super pumped.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Sprat Sandwich posted:

Are you guys pumped I am super pumped.

Halobro fistbump.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

This might be the first Halo game where Pelicans aren't just flying death traps. In the other games all they do is get shot down seemingly.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Gunder posted:

This might be the first Halo game where Pelicans aren't just flying death traps. In the other games all they do is get shot down seemingly.

They tend to do much better when people remember to pack the ammo for their main gun.

MUFFlNS
Mar 7, 2004

Quinch posted:

I ordered from Play.com with free delivery and they posted this to me last Thursday. I thought it would arrive Saturday but it arrived today instead. It's definitely nice getting games the day before launch with free delivery, can't be beat really. I'd definitely say that Play/Shopto are the best retailers to use for things like this.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
God I wish I didn't feel totally useless with the BR. Whenever I get shot by it, it always seems to take my shields in 2 bursts from the entire opposite end of the map where the DMR would be better but whenever I try it feels like it takes about 5 bursts up close :negative:

RageBeef
Jul 27, 2010

TOASTY!
Added myself to the metatag last night after finishing the campaign on Heroic and playing four games of Team Slayer. As someone who was hesitant about getting the game and had my expectations lowered after ODST and Reach(less so) were disappointing and couldn't hold my interest for longer than a few months compared to the years of constant play 2 and 3 gave me I gotta say that so far it's got me impressed and has given me some hope that the series might have gotten the boost it needed to stop it from becoming stale. I wasn't expecting much but the campaign was surprisingly good, imho it's not only the best since CE but I probably had more fun and enjoyed it more than CE because of the lack of bullshit things like the Flood. Missions were varied environment and set piece wise and never dragged on too long, Chief talks a hell of a lot more now and his banter with Cortana (Jen Taylor delivered a stellar performance) was one of my favorite things about the campaign. Multiplayer still feels like Halo but the tweaks and additions add just enough to the core gameplay to liven it up without changing what Halo's about.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
I'm reading conflicting things on different webpages.
Are the preorder bonuses just for an armor skin for that model, or are they for the model and the skin?

For instance, many pages list CIO and Web skin as Amazon.

Does that mean the CIO head is an amazon pre-order bonus only? (I hope not but I fear it is the case). Or just that the Web skin for CIO is amazon only?

Does that mean web can't be applied to anything but CIO? That's kinda lame.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

The skins are just the overlays on top of the armor models. All the armor (except FOTUS, locus, deadeye, scanner, and strider) are available to everyone. Skins are specific to armors, so yes, the web skin only goes on CIO armor.

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer
In on the metatag as SuperOddjob. Just gotta wait for my LE to get here, probably friday knowing my luck.

YoungCletus
Sep 7, 2010
Added myself to the tag, teh cletus, see you at midnight!

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

I can't find my wallet. If I can't find it by tomorrow I'm hoping Gamestop will somehow be able to still redeem my preorder.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

You're fine as long as its paid off, even if you don't have the receipt.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Yeah, GameStop just ties it to your phone number so just have your ID.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Yeah luckily I brought my passport out to school. Added myself to the Metatag too, >Groats Disease

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT
Shiiiit it's at my local FedEx facility, I wish they'd deliver today but I think they stick to their estimated delivery times... what's one more day right?

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009
My copy is an hour and 34 min away from me right now. You know delivery man, if you do that drive today, that's one less delivery to make tomorrow! My delivery man literally drove an hour farther past me to get to the local fed ex hub. He could've saved so much time just stopping here on the way.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I don't even wanna check my tracking, I just know my copy was shipped out this morning, it'll get here when it gets here. :negative:

AppleCobbler
Feb 8, 2003
remember that time I was just chilling out and definitely not having a massive meltdown? right guys? guys??? :laugh:
Re-upping my XBL subscription for this.

Add me: GT ApplWedge

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Remember to stop playing Halo for a minute and go vote. Master Chief can't be president!

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
I'm taking off of work tomorrow for the election and Halo. Am I going to get a copy at Gamespot tonight even if I hadn't pre-ordered? I only ask because my cousin pre-ordered and I figured we'd just go get the game together.

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT

Overbite posted:

Remember to stop playing Halo for a minute and go vote. Master Chief can't be president!

Don't be dense, everyone knows a vote for the Arbiter is a vote for the people.

FoolishLobster
Sep 13, 2009

This game. This drat game is the reason I'm buying an Xbox again.

Awesome Andy
Feb 18, 2007

All the spoils of a wasted life
Pre-ordering right now can someone add me to the meta tag?
My gt is puppetpalhoneyb thanks

Leon Einstein posted:

I'm taking off of work tomorrow for the election and Halo. Am I going to get a copy at Gamespot tonight even if I hadn't pre-ordered? I only ask because my cousin pre-ordered and I figured we'd just go get the game together.

GameStop told me that they wouldn't be selling any at the midnight event. You have until six to preorder

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Awesome Andy posted:

GameStop told me that they wouldn't be selling any at the midnight event. You have until six to preorder
So I will just have to stop at the Wal-Mart that is nearby?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Leon Einstein posted:

Just go to WalMart or Target.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I don't know of any 24 hour Targets nearby, but there are plenty of Wal-Marts. So do they just start stocking them at midnight?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Leon Einstein posted:

I don't know of any 24 hour Targets nearby, but there are plenty of Wal-Marts. So do they just start stocking them at midnight?

Yeah, they'll have plenty of stock. The only thing WalMart cares about is moving product.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp

Leon Einstein posted:

There will probably be a line to stand in. Most retail stores have probably had their copies with big "DO NOT SELL BEFORE 11/06/12" stickers all over the shipping boxes for a week or so. At midnight, they'll bring the copies out and start selling them to the people in line.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Leon Einstein posted:

You might have to ask someone in electronics if they don't have it out yet at midnight, it just depends on how the store is run and stuff. Its not like Walmart employees tend to give a poo poo about their jobs and stuff, so you never know how informed they are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Isn't this what Trueskill does? I don't really see the point in this. Unless their system will be better at matching players of equal skill than Trueskill.

• Locked thread