Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

Knowledge is born from Curiosity.
I can't believe 3300 people are watching low % Quest 64 and Superman 64.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004

evilalien posted:

I dunno, we've been through Chinese Link to the Past and the Harvest Moon race, so we know there could be worse people would watch, though the Harvest Moon race was pretty funny.

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare.

evilalien posted:

It's up to 3700 3800 3900 viewers now, Peaches is on the final boss :FrankerZ:
And he was three minutes too slow! Better luck next time.

Sockerbagarn fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Nov 5, 2012

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

And Peaches finishes at 6:16:34.

The WR is 6:13:25 :smith:

Octary
Jul 29, 2011
Rest in peace, Peaches_. If only a boss did not teleport over a pit out of reach, things would be different.

And now we are Doom(64)ed.

So many people watching, so many people asking questions that are displayed on the stream already. They were good times, Peaches_. Maybe next time you sacrifice over a quarter of your day, it will be minutes faster, and we can all rejoice.

Ohvee
Jun 17, 2001
It's probably been explained already, but what is the speed glitch in Doom64?

Mikael Kreoss
Feb 13, 2011

by Fistgrrl
Honestly the idea of a six hour run is so very painful. I mean, goddamn.

Also

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Ohvee posted:

It's probably been explained already, but what is the speed glitch in Doom64?

You reset the neutral on the control stick so it's to slightly back. Then, when you hold forward, the game thinks you're holding forward further than should be possible and you go fast.

Spikey
May 12, 2001

From my cold, dead hands!

E-Tap posted:

Ok, I don't think I remember any video option in any console game that lets you shrink the screen resolution, especially not to this extent. I can understand it's to make the game run smoother but holy toledo. :psyduck:

Some of the crappier console ports of Doom let you do that.

evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

I'm happy to see Typing of the Dead again as I was asleep when it happened during the main marathon. Was the entire chat trying to play along during the marathon run as well?

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart
What's the record on Typing of the Dead, anyway?

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004

evilalien posted:

I'm happy to see Typing of the Dead again as I was asleep when it happened during the main marathon. Was the entire chat trying to play along during the marathon run as well?
You have NO idea :suspense:

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Mikael Kreoss posted:

Honestly the idea of a six hour run is so very painful. I mean, goddamn.

Also

Then you'll be happy to know that the original low% run was 11 hours.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
I've got Quest 64 going on in the background while I do other work, it's oddly relaxing.

furry drum circle
Aug 7, 2007

Dear... God...

kaujot posted:

What's the record on Typing of the Dead, anyway?

I was going to submit my first sub-30 to SDA. My best time is 30:01 :negative:

Glad everyone is enjoying the bonus stuff. Sounds like pie still had a respectable showing despite the rng crap... I wanted to watch it but desperately needed sleep. I insisted that they not shut the stream down at any point so as not to lose a ton of viewers and nobody was willing to run at graveyard o'clock so I offered to wake up at 5am and go all out with the filler (aka quest low%). 9 hours later there's still several thousand viewers so I'm happy with that. What a fun weekend :)

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004

furry drum circle posted:

What a fun weekend :)
That's a hell of a lot of work to keep this thing going for the 12 hours you've been running it, along with the spontaneous one-hand Mario 64 and Blast Corps and whatever else to fill in gaps for this thing. The entire bonus stream so far has been a hell of a hoot to stay up and watch, but I think you might have set a bar for stream quality a bit too high for anyone else to match.

Also, I hope there's nothing twitch could try to sue for if their chat servers end up melting into molten goop from 4000 people playing another 30minute run of Typing of the Dead.

Edit: Keeping Sluip's challenge of small mario honest by rigging his reserve item box is a pretty good safety measure

E-Tap fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Nov 5, 2012

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
I never knew Hamtaro games existed.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

King of Solomon posted:

Then you'll be happy to know that the original low% run was 11 hours.

That was on the English version, though. The Japanese version makes things a lot easier as far as the low% goes for various reasons.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Get your butter knives ready, it's Lagoon time with PJ!

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I am really way too immature because I find "TIMES BALLED: 6" to be far too funny for my own good.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Oh man I think the numbersmw finale is Mario Party!!!!

Yep, it's a Mario Party 2 35 turn game being played via netplay: http://www.numbersmw.com/

Dr. Dos
Aug 5, 2005

YAAAAAAAY!
As awesome as that is I totally set myself up for disappointment when I thought it would be New Super Mario Bros. Wii.

I still want nothing more than a 4 player co-op speedrun of that game.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I have no idea what the hell is going on and I'm still laughing my rear end off.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

What a great marathon it has been.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Oh my god this Bowser's blast is so loving hype.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Please tell me this stuff is being recorded because I missed most of it.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Liar Lyre posted:

Please tell me this stuff is being recorded because I missed most of it.

Pretty sure it's all on the numbersmw twitch page.

Dr. Dos
Aug 5, 2005

YAAAAAAAY!
Hooray for Twigs, the people's champion of Mario Party 2.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

iateyourpie is on pace to beat the English record for Paper Mario (which admittedly isn't as coveted as the Japanese WR but whatever): http://www.twitch.tv/iateyourpie

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Dr. Dos posted:

Hooray for Twigs, the people's champion of Mario Party 2.
gently caress twig.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Iateyourpie got the world record for Paper Mario! After getting screwed by the RNG the last few days he got an almost perfect Bowser fight and got the record by 2 minutes.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Funkdoc is back in there on Holy Diver: http://www.twitch.tv/srkfunkdoc

Keyboard Kid
Sep 12, 2006

If you stay here too long, you'll end up frying your brain. Yes, you will. No, you will...not. Yesno, you will won't.
In case anyone missed it during the marathon:

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Funkdoc is back in there on Holy Diver: http://www.twitch.tv/srkfunkdoc

Crashed and burned on stage 3. :( Oh well onto the next attempt.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Funkdoc is live for his 4,000th follower special: http://www.twitch.tv/srkfunkdoc

evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

Low% CV1 (no subweapons or whip upgrades), this should be good.

Social Dissonance
Nov 25, 2002

hey guys lets ride

evilalien posted:

Low% CV1 (no subweapons or whip upgrades), this should be good.

That was brutal. I'm betting he'll be practicing that one fight against death for a while. Really harsh though with the homing scythes. Not easy to keep moving with those NES controls.

Obscure Risk
Feb 23, 2009

TASed losers
Cya dopes

I'm gonna go ahead and plug Anembrawl whom is currently running Pokemon White. He seems relatively new to streaming, and if you happen to enjoy pokemon runs, Black and white are definitely worth a look.

furry drum circle
Aug 7, 2007

Dear... God...
After less than a week from a blind playthrough I just hit 58:07 Doom 64 :holy: It starts at about 2:34:45 here (a bunch of it is me and nes making pokemon noises, sorry in advance for that) I'm doubting it can go much lower than 55 without some insane monster manipulation or tas-quality movement via cranked up sensitivity. The N64 was not made to play corridor shooters...

furry drum circle fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Nov 7, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
What is a blind play-through exactly?

• Locked thread