Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vaerai Archon
Jan 4, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
So I found the majority of really good slipcover images for most of the good games from that Gamestop sale(i.e. Trapt, Neo Contra, Chulip, Shepard's Crossing).

Do you think it would be worthwhile to make a "How to Print/Make covers for your games" thing for this thread? Because while stuff can get pretty technical here, I don't think we've ever discussed the proper paper quality for each system's cases. Like most PS2 games use a much heavier paper than what the Sega Genesis used. Also most systems used a much lighter paper in the beginning and later switched to a heavier paper later on int he system's cycle. Which ment launch game covers were not the same as the ones later on. Also some system's cases are utter garbage(i.e. Saturn, Longbox PSX games, Sega CD)

I mean personally, I hate disc only games and cart only games for systems like the DS(because the games can get lost easily). Creating replica covers and cases arn't exactly authentic for 100% purists but they can resemble the real thing to a 99% accuracy.

That and it makes buying real cheap open games a possibility for collecting because then your rows of games can matchup. For example I came across a copy of Battalion Wars for 2 bucks. Now it was in a rental case with a rental cover and covered with real sticky brown goo. But for 70 cents I printed out a new cover for it and found an extra gamecube case. So it's in real good condition now. That and as the saying goes, "You're really not collecting valuable games, you're really collecting valuable pieces of cardboard and paper".

Anyways in the meantime, here are some links to game cover sites. The quality might differ from each scan to scan but it's sufficent.
http://www.covergalaxy.com/forum/sony-ps2/index41.html?sort=title&order=asc&daysprune=-1
The Cover Galaxy forum has alot of stuff that's not on the main site. But it's more comprehensive for more modern systems than Coverproject.

http://www.covergalaxy.com/

http://www.thecoverproject.net/index.php

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Miyamotos RGB NES posted:

Did you happen to notice a similarity between the three games? Perhaps a game company logo with rainbow coloring?

It's amazing that LJN was just a publisher but everything they touched was pure, virile poo poo. They even had loving Rare making games for them and guess what? They were bad.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Did someone say sexy clear gameboys?!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Ineffiable posted:

Did someone say sexy clear gameboys?!

Is that a Gameboy Light? Who's soul did you sacrifice to dark scary places in order to get ahold of one?

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Mammal Sauce posted:

Yeah, what the hell happened here? :psyduck: A used one ran me £50 on ebay UK in 2009 and now I'm seeing them boxed for £30-ish.

Only thing I can think of is lesser demand due to the ability to load PS2 isos from the PS3 hard drive but that requires such a specific model no longer sold, special firmware, and a USB device that I can't imagine that being the reason.

How odd.

al-azad posted:

It's amazing that LJN was just a publisher but everything they touched was pure, virile poo poo. They even had loving Rare making games for them and guess what? They were bad.

LJN was just an umbrella operation for Acclaim to spread its digital faeces without violating agreements from Nintendo. If they were still in operation I'd be in school for law as my personal goal would be to bring them to justice and make sure they pay for crimes against children.

Also going to add that informative printing info to the OP. Thanks!

Chumbawumba4ever97 fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Nov 11, 2012

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

Zombies' Downfall posted:

So I've been playing the Euro-only SNES version of Might and Magic 2, mainly because I felt the urge to replay that game and as an American had never realized it had a SNES version, and it has some uhh... interesting bugs/features. I wasn't exactly sure where else to post about this but I figure I might have a better shot of bumping into somebody here who cares than anywhere else.

Was it Nintendo approved? I remember that might and magic 3 wasn't and I found it real odd.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

Crimson Harvest posted:

Gamestop's checkout thing doesn't like my credit card. Keeps telling me the information is wrong or some poo poo. The stupid thing is I've bought stuff from them before with no problem.

Yep, had the same problem. Ended up going to the store, picking up a gift card, and using that.

I got a feeling that many people are getting the same error - they were having heavy call volumes when I called.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I always find it interesting to discover completely crazy stuff. Who knows the last Nintendo release for the Super Famicom and when it was made?

This actually requires more explanation than just answering that question. In the waning days of the Famicom HAL Labs (a.k.a. the Kirby people) decided to make the greatest adventure game that the Famicom had ever seen. The result of that was Metal Slader Glory, an 8MB cart for the Famicom. It's hugely oversized and looks more like a NES cartridge than something for the Famicom. The game was not popular and it was incredibly expensive so it effectively drove HAL into bankruptcy. That was good news for gamers since Nintendo took them on and we got a lot of good stuff out of it.

So cut to the waning days of the SNES and for some insane reason they decide to port the game to the Super Famicom. Nintendo for some reason thinks this is a great idea and publishes it using both their download service and a tiny number of physical carts. They published it in 2000. :psyduck: Nintendo published a Super Famicom port of a game that destroyed a company as they were gearing up for the Gamecube rollout. :psyboom:

And I thought that Wrecking Crew '98 was crazy...

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Is that a Gameboy Light? Who's soul did you sacrifice to dark scary places in order to get ahold of one?

I bought it a year and a half ago off a Japanese vendor on eBay. I guess I was lucky as I scored it (it's in great shape and has the battery cover) for about $60. Now it seems like you're lucky to find one for under $80 on eBay these days.

I also scored a DMG styled gameboy pocket CIB for about $50.
{not mine)

Kilazar
Mar 23, 2010
More finds courtesy of my friend. Man he has been hitting gold this week.

he got these for 40 all together
Super Castlevania
The Legend of Zelda LTP
Final Fantasy II

Cartridges in really good condition. I'm about to pick up another one of my friends, and the 3 of us are going to have retro game day starting with Dracula X. Since none of us have ever played it before. Also we are going to be going through that clist lot, and testing the NES's.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.

Random Stranger posted:

I always find it interesting to discover completely crazy stuff. Who knows the last Nintendo release for the Super Famicom and when it was made?

I think it's Metal Slader Glory, but I'm not sure if it was a cartridge or Sattelaview release. Wikipedia seems to suggest it was Sattelaview download.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

picking up these with the gamestop sale:

R-Type Final
Guilty Gear X2
Gundam: Journey to Jaburo
Romance of the Three Kingdoms VII
GunGriffon Blaze
Super Bust a Move II
Onimusha: Warlords
Demon Stone
Gundam: Federation vs. Zeon
Onimusha : Samurai's Destiny
Shinobi
Front Mission 4
Zone of the Enders
Yakuza
Dead or Alive 2 Hardcore
SSX 3
King of Fighters: Maximum Impact
Beatmania - Game Only
Rygar
Kessen III
Armored Core 2: Another Age

Pinguliten
Jan 8, 2007
Mah, since I can't afford to buy anything I guess I can at least show you (blurry) pictures of my Dreamcast setup:

I got more shmups and quite a few fighters of course. I hacked a DC pad, I got a small amplifier inside and since the monitor can take VGA I just use a VGA box.

I need to work on getting more consoles to work with the cabinet though.

Doug Dinsdale
Aug 31, 2003

Shorts
Comfy: {Yes}
Easy to Wear: {Yes}
Alright, we're good to go! :neckbeard:

Tyma posted:

I think it's Metal Slader Glory, but I'm not sure if it was a cartridge or Sattelaview release. Wikipedia seems to suggest it was Sattelaview download.

No, it was on the SFC rewrite service available at participating convenience stores like Lawson.
I bought a rewrite copy, and not the package.

When the FC original was released, HAL promoted it at a Shoshinkai trade show (I think) where they festooned their entire booth in purple balloons that reeked of cheap rubber and petrochemicals.

Edit: The SFC version is more of a remake than the FC original (available on Wii VC in Japan). It features better graphic and audio quality, "new" cutscenes (some were cut from the FC version due to size limitations), new plot choices, entirely new soundtrack (due to licensing restrictions), and new art during the ending.

The FC re-release on Wii VC also had its brightness toned down.

Bizarrely, NL saw fit to release a drama CD in 2008, a full year after the Wii VC re-release.

Doug Dinsdale fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Nov 11, 2012

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Random Stranger posted:

And I thought that Wrecking Crew '98 was crazy...

What's really crazy is canceling Star Fox 2 when it was finished. I will never forgive Nintendo for that decision.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

al-azad posted:

What's really crazy is canceling Star Fox 2 when it was finished. I will never forgive Nintendo for that decision.

Not to mention Mother 1 when it was all translated and ready to go.

Vaerai Archon
Jan 4, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
If Nintendo of America released games like Nintendo of Japan did, they would be a better company overall.

That and you could probably do all of your interior decorating from the Japanese Nintendo Points Catalogue(they have 8-bit Zelda and Mario sprite throw pillows :swoon: ).

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

Don't smoke, kids... Unless you have to.

al-azad posted:

I can understand that they didn't want it and Star Fox 64 cannibalizing eachother's sales, but they need to get that poo poo working on Virtual Console.

Vaerai Archon
Jan 4, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Tobaccrow posted:

I can understand that they didn't want it and Star Fox 64 cannibalizing eachother's sales, but they need to get that poo poo working on Virtual Console.

If Star Fox 2 is in mostly or all in Japanese then it's probably not going to happen for North America or the UK. There's a laundry list of games that the Japanese VC has that those regions will never get because they don't want to translate so much as a single word(really some of these games just need the title screen translated and that would be it).

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Mammal Sauce posted:

Yeah, what the hell happened here? :psyduck: A used one ran me £50 on ebay UK in 2009 and now I'm seeing them boxed for £30-ish.

I'd imagine because of PCSX2.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

8-bit Miniboss posted:

I'd imagine because of PCSX2.

Is it really that good/compatible?

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

Vaerai Archon posted:

If Star Fox 2 is in mostly or all in Japanese then it's probably not going to happen for North America or the UK. There's a laundry list of games that the Japanese VC has that those regions will never get because they don't want to translate so much as a single word(really some of these games just need the title screen translated and that would be it).

Or they could just be like Sony and have an imports section for Japanese games. There are a handful of PS1 games sold on PSN without translation, and they even include the instruction booklets - still just in Japanese. While it'd be nice of them to add a little translation cheat sheet in the manual, it works fine. Nintendo should just do that and rake in the piles of easy money.

I've been playing Megaman Rockman 2 and 4 on PS Vita and I'm having more fun with them than any of my other Vita games. Why yes I do like to buy expensive new hardware to play games almost as old as I am thank you very much

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

Vaerai Archon posted:

That and you could probably do all of your interior decorating from the Japanese Nintendo Points Catalogue(they have 8-bit Zelda and Mario sprite throw pillows :swoon: ).
This post made me think of my Mario and Zelda duvet and pillow covers my mother bought me in the early 90s (and that I still use). I had a quick search on Google and discovered that it's selling on Ebay in the range of 20-30 quid. I had no idea I was sleeping with a retro collectors item.

Here's a pic of it that I found online.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

They're boasting a 74.27% compatibility rate across 2320 games and they're mostly the games people care about.

http://pcsx2.net/

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

ohnoitschris posted:

Or they could just be like Sony and have an imports section for Japanese games. There are a handful of PS1 games sold on PSN without translation, and they even include the instruction booklets - still just in Japanese. While it'd be nice of them to add a little translation cheat sheet in the manual, it works fine. Nintendo should just do that and rake in the piles of easy money.

I've been playing Megaman Rockman 2 and 4 on PS Vita and I'm having more fun with them than any of my other Vita games. Why yes I do like to buy expensive new hardware to play games almost as old as I am thank you very much

How do Retro games look on the Vita? I want to say great because of the OLED screen. But then I think it might be terrible because of the screen being so high Res. Your thoughts?

I really hope that system gets hacked for homebrew. I've heard it's pretty much impossible though.

fatpat268
Jan 6, 2011

Depends what you consider "good." A lot of the popular stuff plays well, but some of the more obscure stuff is unlikely to play well. If all you want to do is play Final Fantasy X and the like, then yea it's pretty good.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

ohnoitschris posted:

Once again I have to bring up Sega as one of the best companies when it comes to handling their legacy properties, specifically with the release of Monster World IV. Star Fox 2 doesn't even have a lot of dialog and a skeleton crew could probably pump out a VC release in a month.

It's just really frustrating that Nintendo has the greatest portfolio in gaming history but the best they can do is a slow trickle of VC releases. They truly are the Disney of videogames.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

al-azad posted:

They truly are the Disney of videogames.

Disney and Nintendo both make a ton of money off of their old poo poo because they keep releases "limited" and pump them out every five years with minor improvements (in Disney's case) or for a new console (in Nintendo's case). There is a reason why Nintendo's IPs are worth as much as they are and the comparison you're drawing to Disney is more appropriate than you think.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
It is very very uncommon for Nintendo to release intentionally limited quantities of game, though. Only examples I can think of are the Mario and Kirby collections on the Wii.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender

Safari Disco Lion posted:

Yeah I don't know what Gamester81 does for a living but he makes some serious money. He's got nothing on John Hancock though, who has a CIB collection for something like 22 consoles. That guy is loving ridiculous.

I like Gameser81 and the rest of the All Gen Gamers crew. I also follow Happy Console Gamer and Happy Video Game Nerd. None of these guys are terribly prolific in video posting, Pete Door used to be but he's been very busy so his videos are rarer now. Also their tastes and video styles aren't for everybody, but I happen to have very similar taste in games as Pete Dorr and Metal Jesus Rocks so I like their collections/hidden gems/review videos.

I am friends with Johnny (Happy Console Gamer) and have probably known him for the better part of 10-years (he also lives in the same neighbourhood as me). I had a chat with him about Earthbound of all things yesterday and he agreed with me how stupidly priced it is now.

Gamester81 is really nice in person and he does sales for a living.

JJJJJS
Sep 17, 2007

Safari Disco Lion posted:

Yeah I don't know what Gamester81 does for a living but he makes some serious money. He's got nothing on John Hancock though, who has a CIB collection for something like 22 consoles. That guy is loving ridiculous.

I like Gameser81 and the rest of the All Gen Gamers crew. I also follow Happy Console Gamer and Happy Video Game Nerd. None of these guys are terribly prolific in video posting, Pete Door used to be but he's been very busy so his videos are rarer now. Also their tastes and video styles aren't for everybody, but I happen to have very similar taste in games as Pete Dorr and Metal Jesus Rocks so I like their collections/hidden gems/review videos.

Hancock has the most impressive collection I've ever seen. 22 complete sets, although his nes set is missing around 100 boxes. He's smart when it comes to collecting and is quite possibly the luckiest collector out there. Stadium Events cost him $100. He found Outback Joey of all things locally. Rare Japanese only Saturn releases in the goodwill cd section. All the boxes and manuals for his N64 set where free since a video store was throwing them out. The most surprising thing is that his gaming budget is laughably small considering what he has. $100 a month. Seriously.

Quite a contrast to another one of my friends who bought this. He already had the cartridge, just needed the box.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender
Hey RGBurglar, would you mind including this? I'll update a bit more for it later, but I threw this together this weekend.

3DO Interactive Multiplayer

So you want a 3DO? This 32-bit ARM-based console came out in late 1993 and lasted a whopping two years before it was discontinued after selling 5 million units worldwide. Pushed by Panasonic, Sanyo, and Goldstar (aka LG), it was designed to compete with consoles the likes of the Playstation and Saturn.

The console is where Gex got its start (it was bundled with the console at one point), a near-perfect port of Super Street Fighter II was made with superior audio to its arcade version, Wing Commander was an example of an early FMV game that didn't suck, and an almost perfect version of Doom was released save for the fact that its framerate was terrible.

One unique factor with the 3DO was that there were numerous models. The most common ones in North America were the Panasonic series, specifically the FZ-1. None of them have region locks or copy protection.

Console models

Panasonic FZ-1

Panasonic FZ-10

Goldstar 3DO

Goldstar 3DO Alive II

The above models are the most common you'll find. There were a few others which included an FZ-1 that had a 5-disc disc changer built-in and an ISA card made by Creative Labs that you could pop into your PC and play the games on there. Many companies tried to get in on the 3DO bandwagon as well (AT&T, EA, and Atari to name a few), but the Panasonic, Sanyo, and Goldstar models are really the only ones you're going to commonly come across and they serve their purpose well.

One thing about the 3DO that basically makes it sort of the most superior console of its time in one category is how it outputted to your TV. Look at these magical-looking ports on the back of an FZ-1:

Not only does it have the usual RF output, but it has S-Video and component output with no bullshit connectors! It wasn't until the Playstation 3 that Sony bundled something that could go straight to a TV and it took until the Wii-U for Nintendo to smarten up.

I am using S-Video on my 37" LCD with my 3DO and it looks fairly decent. However, it seems that someone has done an RGB mod of the console:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obXbfvYJieM

Console peripherals and accessories

The 3DO's main controller was effectively similar to the first-generation Genesis one where it had three action buttons on the right, a directional pad on the left, and two buttons in the centre for start and select (referred to as 'stop' and 'play' for some reason). It also has left and right buttons on the very top like a Super Nintendo or Playstation. In addition to that, the connector for the controller to the console was also a 9-pin connector akin to that of the Genesis, Commodore, and the Atari, but that is where the similarities cease.

Genesis controllers do not work on that controller port for one thing (do not plug one in), but in addition to that, the 3DO only has one port on the console and instead relies on a daisy-chain of controllers to allow for two players--said port is located at the top of the controller and is usually covered by a plastic piece.

There were a few third-party controllers on the market and Panasonic had planned for a six-button joystick variety release in North America (it did get released in Japan), but for all intents and purposes, you're likely to find just the usual 3-button variety. Third party controllers are out there and they do in fact have six buttons, but again, they're generally terrible from my experience. I've heard of adapters that allowed one to use Super Nintendo controllers on the systems, but I have yet to see one surface.

eBay is generally your best place for accessories.

Games

One thing about the 3DO was that it wasn't necessarily sold as a game console, but rather a multimedia unit for the home. However, some rather excellent games were developed and or ported to the 3DO. Here are some games I suggest playing.

Doom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msfL7XRe6DQ

Doom for the 3DO is weird. It's actually a fairly good port of it except for the fact that the console can barely push the game at the framerate it should be--it works well otherwise but the fellow in the video I posted decided to shrink it down a bit. Besides that, it's one of my favourite ports due to the music and overall quality.

Bust a Move

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cNfUMmxkCg

Probably my favourite puzzle game of all time, but this port is rather good. I don't need to explain much about this game to you guys.

Wing Commander III

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUK4NS8_XGk

Starring Mark Hamill, this is probably one of the neater games to show what the 3DO could do. Features a tonne of FMV but overall the gameplay isn't that bad.

Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon S

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjBvJ3aAyYM

The opening to this is just weird, but it's a simple fighter game but I found it enjoyable. It's fun to watch the girls duke it out. There's no English version of this game, so either know some Japanese (like myself) or try and remember what does what.

Samurai Showdown

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0t1ZRAWvM8

This is probably the best port of Samurai Showdown out there. I definitely recommend picking it up.

Street Fighter II Turbo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRQclMTxYbU

Pretty much a perfect port of the arcade version.

Lain Iwakura fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Nov 11, 2012

Kilazar
Mar 23, 2010
So, I am testing that craigslist lot that had the "mysterey" gold cartridge that turned out to be zelda 1...

Opened up the first nintendo, and found MegaMan 2. Opened up the second Nintendo, and found Megaman 3. Talk about loving bonus!

lilcasino posted:

If one of those toasters works I'd take one. I am unable to get my original to work.

Both of the toasters work, but they are both "finicky" as in you have to do the blow and slam trick everytime. If you are still interested in one, shoot me an email da rk spyralinc@gmail.com. Incase you do not know what I am refering to as the "slam" trick, thats where you don't insert the game all the way, and then force the game tray down into the set position. Kind of slams the game in.

As I said originally, cover shipping and whatever you are willing to pay. It can come with or without controllers, but will not come with power or video cables.

Kilazar fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Nov 11, 2012

Kilazar
Mar 23, 2010
please delete.. double post.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender
http://www.platypuscomix.net/interactive/thingsyoucanteverhave.html

Ran across this while doing my searches. This is crazy.

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

OSI bean dip posted:

http://www.platypuscomix.net/interactive/thingsyoucanteverhave.html

Ran across this while doing my searches. This is crazy.

Huh. I picked up one of those Chrono Cross clocks years ago for something like $10. I never realized it was actually a limited thing.

Edit: Preorders for the English version of that Zelda history book are under $20 on Amazon right now.

Kreeblah fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Nov 11, 2012

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Star Control 2 is the best game on 3DO. The source code was released and formed the superior Ur-Quan Masters freeware but if you want to see a rare console release that's better than the PC counterpart there you go.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*
I was watching some Japanese TV and caught a new show called "Happy Life Even Without Money: Go, Poors!" Each episode features a few quirky people who, as the title indicates, manage to live happy lives even while poor. The people then ask for a certain amount of money to grant one of their dreams, and a panel of seven celebrity regulars to vote for whether they get the money or not.

The episode I happened to catch featured a comedian with a collection of over 15,000 retro games. Japanese apartments are tiny to begin with, and his was crammed floor to ceiling with games like a hoarder. Every room is packed -- even his kitchen. He has to hover over a pile to do any cooking (and he can't use too much heat or oil or else it might damage the games nearby. That's where he keeps the games he rarely plays, though).

Pictured above: his kitchen. He also rents two storage units crammed full of games.

But hey, at least he schedules his days so he can play them -- eight hours of games a day. He can beat Mystery of Atlantis in 3-4 minutes! But he's in deep, deep debt due to his habit.

Caption: "Doesn't this music get you excited?"

So did he ask for money to help him pay off his bills? No. There's a Famicom cart he's been coveting for a long time: the gold Kinnikuman Muscle Tag Match (M.U.S.C.L.E.) cart.

They were given out to tournament winners, so there's only eight of them in existence. He finally found someone who has it and is willing to sell it to him for 700,000 yen (close to $9000). He asked the show for 100,000 yen -- he will take out a loan for the other 600,000. 4 out of 7 judges said "yes," so he got the money.

More screenshots here and here.

He's getting a good deal though. Here's how much the cart went for in an online auction three years ago.

So what would you do if a Japanese TV show gave you a thousand bucks to feed your addiction?

zari-gani fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Nov 11, 2012

al-azad
May 28, 2009

zari-gani posted:

So what would you do if a Japanese TV show gave you a thousand bucks to feed your addiction?

Buy 2 copies of Earthbound.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

That's awesome, thanks for sharing zari-gani! Speaking of Earthbound, just saw a boxed copy in relatively good condition close for 360€ on ebay.de; I didn't think the craze had reached Europe just yet but there you go.

• Locked thread