Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Booties posted:

I can't get over how dumb the knights are. The weapons you have available are awful at taking them out and they are pretty random. How am I supposed to know when they will charge me or teleport behind me? Does teleporting give them full shields again? If so that is the dumbest idea ever. Give me more ammo! I haven't even played legendary yet for crying out loud.

I found knights to be really hard to kill while playing Heroic, but very easy while playing Legendary.

Yes, you read that right.

Why? It has nothing to do with the difficulty, their health, etc.

Easy/Normal, or somewhat Heroic, you *can* get by shooting knights with the wrong weapons over and over and over. You'll go through more ammo than you'd like, but it works. So then you get through the game thinking you have to do that, complaining there's no enough ammo in the game.

Lots of people are doing this. Hell, like I said, my first Heroic run, I did this.

This is not how you fight them. You're doing it wrong. It can be MUCH easier.

This is halo. Each enemy has hidden resistances. You MUST experiment with each weapon on each enemy and learn what works.

This is especially true on Legendary, where you can no longer brute force it. But then you learn what you should have been doing all along, because you're forced to, and suddenly its not so bad.

We've discussed it in the thread many, many times, but here's a summary to get you started.

Covenant weapons work well on covenant, not so good on promethan. Promethean weapons are good against promethean, not so good against covenant. UNSC works well for both.

You should already know how to kill the covenant, so I'll skip those.

Crawlers you HAVE to get headshots. They die instantly to headshots, but can take many body shots to go down. On Legendary it isn't worth anything other than a headshot. DO NOT use assault rifles, suppressors, etc. on Crawlers, you'll have a bad time. You must use accurate weapons. Even the pistol or bolt shot is better than a saw against crawlers, this sounds crazy but again HIDDEN RESISTANCES. Trust me on this one. Ideally you want a DMR, BR, or Light Rifle. Those kill crawlers mad fast.

Watchers are stupid easy to kill so I dunno how anybody could have trouble. Get a rifle and shoot them over and over till they die. Watchers can ressurect other promethean (see the blue light?) so kill them fast. They can also put down hard-light shields. So yeah, kill them first, except if you have crawlers in your face.

Knights are the Promethean's Elites. You prioritize them last. Just like killing grunts before elites, kill crawlers and watchers before Knights. The crawlers can gently caress you up just as bad, but die much faster, so you're safer faster if you shoot them first. Then when there's just a few knights left, focus on the knights. Use cover to flank them and keep something between you. Possibly draw them out, or possibly sneak up behind them. Guns with fast fire work best. The suppressor sucks against everything else, but is the KNIGHT KILLAH. Seriously, unload a full clip of suppressor into a Knight, even on Legendary, he's done. Ideally you start at mid-range with low bloom and then approach him to close-range as the gun blooms out. If you didn't hit with all your shots, finish with a melee and down goes the Knight. They're THAT easy. If they have scatter shot, you have to be more careful and possibly take them down slow from range with light rifles, not ideal. If they have the inceneration cannon, try to flank them so they can't shoot you, then when you're near them they won't risk blowing themselves up so you only have to worry about the melee. You want to stay just close enough to hit them with supressor or scatter shot but not get hit by their melee.

Teleporting doesn't give them shields back, but they get shields back very fast. This is why you want assault rifle, suppressor, scatter shot, etc. for Knights. You want SUSTAINED FIRE. If you shoot them a few times with the DMR and then pop into cover, by the time you hit them again they'll have shields back and it'll feel like Knights are impossible to kill. As long as you take them down all at once they go down REALLY FAST and are easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Alan Smithee posted:

Ugh forerunner weapons loving suck. A pistol that is also a shotgun and really isn't effective at being either. A shotgun that is ditto. An assault rifle that has a nice delay and lovely grouping, not to mention is not particularly powerful to begin with. And lets not forget their all around useless grenades.

Except maybe the lightrifles and even then it's just a sniper rifle...FOR LIGHT!

You know what, just gently caress the forerunners in general. Dogs that shoot laser beams, knights with drones that catch grenades and run away when you shoot them. Is the knight dead yet? I don't know shoot him a million more times to make sure. Oh now he teleported to where you are and you are now dead.

They DO NOT suck. You're just using them wrong.
I had the EXACT same reaction when I first started playing, as did everybody.

You forget the learning curve involved in the weapons you already know from Halo.
You just need to learn how to use them.

Light rifle for CRALWERS AND WATCHERS ONLY.
Suppressor for KNIGHTS ONLY.
Scatter shot kills everyone.
Binary rifle kills pretty good, but has low ammo.
Bolt shot is a good replacement crawler killer if you don't have light rifle ammo.

Unless you meant in multiplayer, in which case eh, I do prefer UNSC, but w/e.

In campaign, they are MANDATORY. If you're having a hard time in the campaign, its because you haven't taken the time to learn Promethean weapons yet.

The game is full of ammo for Promethean weapons, and little for USNC or Covvie. They force you to adapt. If you try to be stubborn and play like this is Halo 3, then you're going to have a bad time.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Nov 13, 2012

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Did everyone stop playing or something? There's like 2 people playing halo on the metatag :ohdear:

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Everything about the Knights is just so goddamn awful on Legendary. The weapons you pickup are terrible at fighting them, there's always an assload of them, they can teleport whenever they want, and to top it off, they can be revived via the satellites. Sure, the Supressor and shotguns are decent at taking them out, but that just means I have to get close enough and possibly out in the open to use them, which is never a good idea when there are multiple Knights(and there almost always are)and their reliability at killing them is spotty at best. I'm inclined to think that Knights on Legendary just have a ridiculous amount of health, since it takes two fully charged Railgun shots to kill 1 Knight

And those Promethean grenades just feel terrible.

My advice for Solo Legendary so far; I was actually able to 'skip' a lot of parts by simply running past the Knights and just running into the next section

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Booties posted:

I can't get over how dumb the knights are. The weapons you have available are awful at taking them out and they are pretty random. How am I supposed to know when they will charge me or teleport behind me? Does teleporting give them full shields again? If so that is the dumbest idea ever. Give me more ammo! I haven't even played legendary yet for crying out loud.

I beat legendary solo, Booties. Can you milk me?

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Vietnamwees posted:

Everything about the Knights is just so goddamn awful on Legendary. The weapons you pickup are terrible at fighting them, there's always an assload of them, they can teleport whenever they want, and to top it off, they can be revived via the satellites. Sure, the Supressor and shotguns are decent at taking them out, but that just means I have to get close enough and possibly out in the open to use them, which is never a good idea when there are multiple Knights(and there almost always are)and their reliability at killing them is spotty at best. I'm inclined to think that Knights on Legendary just have a ridiculous amount of health, since it takes two fully charged Railgun shots to kill 1 Knight

And those Promethean grenades just feel terrible.

Always use the needler if you can. You can take out a knight with less than a full clip.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
The really odd thing about Regicide is that I love the game when I'm not winning/king. Hate it when I am. When I'm just another scrub in the map I can strategize movement against the king and an unknown mass of players generally moving towards him. When it's me I'm just running around praying I get into close quarters combat with one at a time which never happens, and then at the end of the game someone passes me up with the extra points bonus.

I really like active camo but I think it's best used when you're trying to just get that extra 2-3 seconds on someone to start your AR spray before they respond. The fake radar spots are best used on objective modes where you can get above or below the baddies and make them start looking for invisible people who aren't there.

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Did everyone stop playing or something? There's like 2 people playing halo on the metatag :ohdear:

I have a feeling it's about to become a COD/Halo metatag for today at least.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Well its just mid-morning for one, on a weekday, and Black Ops 2 is out. :P

I was on earlier but kept getting into really frustrating matches, so I decided to take a break.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Vietnamwees posted:

Suppressor and Scattershot are not terrible at taking them out, it kills them in less than 1 clip or 2 shots. That's like 3 seconds of firing. They go down FAST. FASTFASTFAST. And I"m talking legendary here.

They can be revived by pathetic flying units that glow and are easy to focus fire? Oh noes?! We have to prioritize targets?!?! :O

If you could just snipe everybody, it'd be too easy. Knights force you to go in and mix it up. You shouldn't just charge them, use cover! Flank! This isn't complex stuff man, circle strafe. Fundamentals of FPS gameplay. Otherwise it'd be too easy. If you want it to be easy, play on easy. That's what easy is there for.

Don't play on Legendary and then complain you can't blow straight through it.

It takes two railgun charges because you're not supposed to be using the railgun on knights. Its an anti-vehicle weapon. Halo is all about using the right tool for the job, you're just brute forcing it. Enemies have hidden resistances.

Every try to snipe a flood?

Your best advise is "you can skip lots of sections" ? Sounds like you should play on Heroic.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If a knight teleports then he's busy teleporting and he can't shoot you for a bit. Just deuce out and get your shields back, and then go in again. Or if he just teleported nearby, finish him off. What's so hard about that? I don't understand. The teleporting never bothered me.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.

FishBulb posted:

Spartan Ops week 1: play these levels
Spartan Ops week 2: play the same levels backwards
Spartan Ops week 3: play the same levels UPSIDE DOWNMNMN

what a great game mode.

I was unimpressed by this as well. Seems like they should have held off on repeating so soon. Of course, maybe they thought it would be better to break the news on the repeats in the second week to get everyone use to it.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Teek posted:

I was unimpressed by this as well. Seems like they should have held off on repeating so soon. Of course, maybe they thought it would be better to break the news on the repeats in the second week to get everyone use to it.

I guess when they said Spartan Ops was free I should have expected this. :/

Blegh, I was really optimistic.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
I'm still enjoying Spartan Ops; the repeat maps haven't started to bother me yet. Not sure how they're going to keep it up for 8 more episodes, but I'll give them a shot, and if anything tune in just to hear Palmer take the piss out of Majestic.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

PunkBoy posted:

I'm still enjoying Spartan Ops; the repeat maps haven't started to bother me yet. Not sure how they're going to keep it up for 8 more episodes, but I'll give them a shot, and if anything tune in just to hear Palmer take the piss out of Majestic.

My favorite thing about Spartan Ops so far is how disdainful Palmer is of everything that isn't a Spartan, and how her first thought to solve the problem in Episode 2 is to kick it really hard. I want to play as her in Halo 5 instead of Master Chief.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Hey, look at this guy, apparently if we don't play Legendary his way, then we're playing it wrong.

Because apparently trying to thin out the herd/take down shields at range before going in is for scrubs.

And skipping the sections that the game clearly wants you to run through because two factions are fighting is dumb.

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

RBA Starblade posted:

My favorite thing about Spartan Ops so far is how disdainful Palmer is of everything that isn't a Spartan, and how her first thought to solve the problem in Episode 2 is to kick it really hard. I want to play as her in Halo 5 instead of Master Chief.

All of the Sgt. Johnson with none of the humor and personality. That's probably the game's biggest weakness. I haven't played a game since GTAIV with such unlikeable characters.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
I really wish shields would recharge while using the hardlight shield. That'd have made it so much better.

Namaste
May 5, 2007
good news for people who love bald news

Peven Stan posted:

All of the Sgt. Johnson with none of the humor and personality. That's probably the game's biggest weakness. I haven't played a game since GTAIV with such unlikeable characters.

Because making ODSTs, who are characterized early on as disliking Spartans for doing their own job better than they can (while being genetically modified), into Spartans themselves, is a good idea right? We'll finally evolve the Master Chief as a character, then let dudebro type ODST characters become Spartans, and have our glorious heroes talk about loving loose women during deployments in cutscenes.

On top of Palmer being Femshep, all Renegade, stuck in another franchise. Both audibly and on the page.

Namaste fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Nov 13, 2012

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Vietnamwees posted:

Hey, look at this guy, apparently if we don't play Legendary his way, then we're playing it wrong.

Because apparently trying to thin out the herd/take down shields at range before going in is for scrubs.

And skipping the sections that the game clearly wants you to run through because two factions are fighting is dumb.

I'm not saying if you don't play my way, you're wrong. I'm saying if you're brute forcing it, slamming into a wall over and over, and frustrated because of that, well, then its your own fault.

Its not for scrubs, its for fools. The Knight shield will be back up by the time you take it down from range and then run closer, and it takes longer to take it down with rifles either way.

I didn't say you couldn't let the two factions fight each other, that's the point. But the advise was literally "Hey you can skip parts of the game if its too hard" not "hang back and let them kill each other some". If its too hard, why not lower the difficulty and enjoy yourself? Or if its not too hard, then why not just play it?

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp

Zaphod42 posted:

Its an anti-vehicle weapon.
In what capacity? It can't even one-shot a Banshee. The long charge time combined with actual round travel time and lack of a scope make it pretty useless. It's basically a weak-rear end Spartan Laser.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

TheGreatGildersneeze posted:

In what capacity? It can't even one-shot a Banshee. The long charge time combined with actual round travel time and lack of a scope make it pretty useless. It's basically a weak-rear end Spartan Laser.

The railgun is perfectly accurate, if you zoom in on a target then fire it'll go where you want it to, and the shot has a pretty big hit box. It's anti-personnel though, not anti-vehicle. I've had a lot of luck with it in comparison to the spartan laser, or even snipers. Usually I can't aim for poo poo.

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT
The Railgun is the best for smaller maps because it will one-shot a spartan every time. I haven't actually tried to use it on a vehicle yet but it's supposed to push them around and but not do much damage. I also discovered that you don't have to actually charge & hold until it fires on it's own, once that meter is full you can let go of the trigger and it'll fire right away.

And it actually is useful against the knights, one shot from it will destroy their shields, and then you can headshot them with a DMR/LR.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
I've found the railgun to be useful against light vehicles like Ghosts and Moongooses. I've also taken down Banshees with it, but that's usually after it's been damaged already.

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Zaphod42 posted:

It takes two railgun charges because you're not supposed to be using the railgun on knights. Its an anti-vehicle weapon. Halo is all about using the right tool for the job, you're just brute forcing it. Enemies have hidden resistances.

I agree with the advise you're giving for the most part, but enemies in Halo 4 do not have hidden resistances, as far as I know. Halo 4 increases difficulty of enemies in other ways. First: more health and shields. Second: More likely to 'evade' when they know they have been targeted/a grenade lands near them. Third: Projectile Speed increases.

By Legendary, every class of Knight has more than enough shields and health to survive a direct hit from a Railgun. This is a deliberate way to make them harder to fight (because on Heroic, chapter 4 essentially becomes trivial the moment you get your hands on a Railgun as you can one-shot all of the Knights that attack you). In my opinion, it doesn't make the Railgun useless on Legendary. If I know it's a direct hit, the moment I fire I already have switched to the Lightrifle/DMR and start going for headshots on the Knight. Sometimes, the railgun will have blasted off the shields and the protective armor plate over their skull, so they oftentimes die from a headshot as they are staggering from the railgun shot.

You can actually start charging a shot, then use your natural zoom with the spartan visor to aim at distant targets. The weapon loses zero accuracy for doing this, too.

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED

PunkBoy posted:

I've found the railgun to be useful against light vehicles like Ghosts and Moongooses. I've also taken down Banshees with it, but that's usually after it's been damaged already.

Any goons online? Just got home from work with around 2 hours before the Mrs gets home and no one online :(

GT: Hamburlgar 420

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
People aren't online because people are at work or go to school.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp
Pretty sure Hamburglar lives in the UK, Napolean. People are generally off work by now in parts East.

fivegears4reverse posted:

You can actually start charging a shot, then use your natural zoom with the spartan visor to aim at distant targets. The weapon loses zero accuracy for doing this, too.
Y'know, I knew about that and somehow it slipped my mind. Only real downside to doing this is you lose the little charging indicators from your HUD, and with audio cues that's pretty minor. Still, the gun feels unnecessary since the Laser is functionally the same gun but outclasses it in pretty much every way. It's hitscan, has a real scope, one-shots most vehicles and FUBARs the vehicles it doesn't down to "oh just shoot the tank with your pistol, you big babies" status.

Kinda like the Light Rifle; I can either have a really weak BR or a DMR that runs out of ammo at a ridiculous rate. Even with that MP glitch to make the burst as strong as the single-fire it runs out of ammo way too fast.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Hamburlgar posted:

Any goons online? Just got home from work with around 2 hours before the Mrs gets home and no one online :(

I'll try to be on more often when you are! I liked playing with you from a few days ago.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Hamburlgar posted:

Hey, saw your invite but I was quietly sobbing over completing Reclaimer on legendary again and still not getting the commendation for it. I have all the achievements, but it seems if you drop connection to the 343 servers or something during a mission your progress isn't counted? It's the only campaign commendation that I'm missing & I've run it a few times now, but hey sure I'd love to repeatedly slog through a bajillion waves of ghosts and wraiths over and over again :emo:.
I just want some more fancy armour dammit.

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

Aaaand we've already got assholes idling in spartan ops to soak up XP. Two games in a row had one and then two fucks sitting there doing nothing.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

TheSpiritFox posted:

Aaaand we've already got assholes idling in spartan ops to soak up XP. Two games in a row had one and then two fucks sitting there doing nothing.
They're already being detected and banned from earning XP and/or playing MP in general, according to 343.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I've seen a few threads on the official forums since launch, from users asking why they deserve to be XP banned for idling in matches.

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

They're already being detected and banned from earning XP and/or playing MP in general, according to 343.

That's awesome. I'm glad they're working to ensure that the community is one that's fun to actually play in. Hell why would you do that in matchmaking anyway? Just make a game set to normal or easy with a friend, play just the two or three of you, and one person destroys everything while the other two get XP. I don't care if people idle for xp so long as I'm not the one saddled with a useless dude who's going to make me inadvertently respawn half the map away from the people who are playing because he's the easiest "safe" to pick.

I said come in! posted:

I've seen a few threads on the official forums since launch, from users asking why they deserve to be XP banned for idling in matches.

Link me some idler tears?

TheSpiritFox fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Nov 13, 2012

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
Here's the official Ban Thread over at the Waypoint forums. Should be plenty of tears up ins.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Y'know, I knew about that and somehow it slipped my mind. Only real downside to doing this is you lose the little charging indicators from your HUD, and with audio cues that's pretty minor. Still, the gun feels unnecessary since the Laser is functionally the same gun but outclasses it in pretty much every way. It's hitscan, has a real scope, one-shots most vehicles and FUBARs the vehicles it doesn't down to "oh just shoot the tank with your pistol, you big babies" status.

Kinda like the Light Rifle; I can either have a really weak BR or a DMR that runs out of ammo at a ridiculous rate. Even with that MP glitch to make the burst as strong as the single-fire it runs out of ammo way too fast.
I dunno, I've been using the Railgun a lot on Ragnarok and like calling it down when it shows up in my ordnance. It's a pretty decent gun in my opinion, but it's only useful in certain situations. Kinda like the laser to be honest.

You claim that the railgun is just a worse laser, but that makes me think you're trying to use it like a laser, when that's not what it's for. I'd actually say that it's essentially the anti-laser, and if you try to use it like a laser you'll naturally be disappointed. The laser is only useful at longer ranges and against vehicles, whereas the railgun is perfect for closer-range combat against other Spartans. Paired with the Dexterity upgrade you can easily get off two shots in any engagement, and you only need one to hit to get the kill. Plus it's satisfying as gently caress. Diff'rent strokes I guess.

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Pretty sure Hamburglar lives in the UK, Napolean. People are generally off work by now in parts East.

I think the Lightrifle is pretty solid, but you pretty much need to use it scoped. It kills faster scoped than the other rifles outside of the snipers (at least it used to. When I played the game at 343 it was four-shotting people, I haven't unlocked for retail, been working :( )

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

Here's the official Ban Thread over at the Waypoint forums. Should be plenty of tears up ins.

Banhammer post posted:

Types of violation include, but are not limited to, the following example actions:

• Manipulating network conditions to give yourself an advantage, or to the detriment of the experience for other players.
• Modifying your Xbox 360 hardware or game software and services in any way.
• Skill, EXP, or Credit Boosting, deleveling, idling through games, cheating, habitual quitting or any other type of unsociable and unsportsmanlike behavior.
• Impersonating a Bungie, 343, or Microsoft employee on Xbox LIVE with intent to defraud or cause harm to other players.

quote:

I didn't do anything wrong, and you can't prove it. Will you please reverse my ban?

No. Like it says above, our automated system builds up a digital case of wrongdoing before any ban is enacted. If you accidentally disconnect a time or two, you won't get banned. Instead the system looks for patterns that can't happen accidentally. If the banhammer detects enough wrongdoing, you were doing wrong. Case closed.

I love this, personally, because other than idlers the whole "oh my team is 100 points behind 2 minutes into the match may as well quit so I can find someone else who will carry me to victory" is probably one of the most disruptive player types out there and it's nice to know that the people who I keep taking the place of when I queue into matchmaking and get poo poo out into a game that's half done might not be playing for too much longer.

ClemenSalad
Oct 25, 2012

by Lowtax

quote:

I have just started playing Halo4, only level8! and have just been credit banned...only been on a couple of hours...cannot beleave it...we have 2 xbox's, 2 HALO4's, 3 xboxlivememberships..I go on and I get banned while my kids are on level 32??? Yes, I may be a lefthanded female at the grand age of 39, and I have to say I do need a little longer to aim than most kids, but doesn't that class as DISCRIMINATION? This also happened the day I joined xbox live and played halo reach,In one night I manage to get credit banned on my account and console banned from getting credits just for playing griffball?? ....This IS discrimination, if your going to ban people for being learners and not to good at aiming YET, then you need to STATE it ON the game BEFORE I buy 2 of them!! I am not happy....How long is the ban??...again...and can someone PLEASE lift it???? I am NOT a BOT!!! ....as my son is now calling me....THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP......end of unhappy rant XXXX

Some quality posts.

Lord Zedd
Dec 25, 2011

fivegears4reverse posted:

First: more health and shields. Second: More likely to 'evade' when they know they have been targeted/a grenade lands near them. Third: Projectile Speed increases.

The second point is actually a common misconception. It only seems like it because you have more time to notice them evading due to their increased health.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

TheSpiritFox posted:

I love this, personally, because other than idlers the whole "oh my team is 100 points behind 2 minutes into the match may as well quit so I can find someone else who will carry me to victory" is probably one of the most disruptive player types out there and it's nice to know that the people who I keep taking the place of when I queue into matchmaking and get poo poo out into a game that's half done might not be playing for too much longer.

I don't know if I like that only because I have never quit a game but I have like 25 'did not finishes' because I backed out too slowly from the matchmaking screen.

• Locked thread