Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keyboard Kid
Sep 12, 2006

If you stay here too long, you'll end up frying your brain. Yes, you will. No, you will...not. Yesno, you will won't.

zari-gani posted:

Kan just tweeted this. AD Watanabe about to be surprised by birthday cake.

I'm mainly posting this to see if anyone can identify that Famicom cart.

That has to be Makaimura.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

It looks like Xevious.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

So is she generally in the habit of just sitting there alone, quietly staring straight ahead?

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

Corridor posted:

So is she generally in the habit of just sitting there alone, quietly staring straight ahead?

Yeah that's right.

Bocc Kob fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Nov 14, 2012

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

zari-gani posted:

That's the room they use for his challenges. It's usually a meeting room. They probably use that model when gaming just for the hell of it.

Also, I'm gonna answer my own question and guess that it's Dragon Quest IV.

No, it's more brown.

We've seen the challenge room dressed up a few different ways but the one at this location seems to be mainly used as a conference room when they're not shooting. At the previous office they used it as a break room of some kind (or at least they had a some nice looking couches set up in there).

Ghost 'n Goblins looks close but why would they have it in the Famicom? I suppose they could be doing a Capcom Game Makers disk but I think it's more likely that some AD was "location scouting" and in that case it's definitely not GnG. Some late era Namco games had a triangle in that corner of the label but I can't find one that matches...

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Bocc Kob posted:

Yeah that's right.

Whats the Japanese for 'gotta support the team' :v:

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ

Bocc Kob posted:

Yeah that's right.
"Puddy, it's almost midnight and your time is almost up. This is your last chance."
"No way, this is BOGUS, MAN!"

Seinfeld is way too quotable, which probably explains why half the TVIV thread for the show is nothing but quotes from the show. :)

NeilPerry
May 2, 2010

a big fwiggen terd posted:

Whats the Japanese for 'gotta support the team' :v:

チームを応援しなきゃ(Chiimu o ooen shi nakya) is my best guess.

EDIT: I don't know how romaji works

orochi
Oct 9, 2012

/usr/bin/orochi

zari-gani posted:

Kan just tweeted this. AD Watanabe about to be surprised by birthday cake.

I suppose if you were going to tweet about Watanabe you would have to mention something about cake or what have you. Can't tell if that's intentional or not.

As for the cart I have no idea. All three guesses so far seem plausible when I look at it long enough.

Erwin Tuwonwon
Oct 30, 2011

orochi posted:

I suppose if you were going to tweet about Watanabe you would have to mention something about cake or what have you. Can't tell if that's intentional or not.

...wait, intentional? It IS her birthday.

Corridor posted:

I kinda imagine Nakayama like this. He sits around, hands on his legs, bent over, waiting...

orochi
Oct 9, 2012

/usr/bin/orochi

Erwin Tuwonwon posted:

...wait, intentional? It IS her birthday.

True...but I can't tell if the tweet is meant to subtly poke fun of her because of her weight. Maybe that's completely ridiculous of me to think.

edit:

Yeaah...I'm probably just being stupid.

I imagine if this was on the show and Arino was there he might make a wise crack though. If only because he always does.

Err...gee, now I just feel like a horrible person for thinking that.

orochi fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Nov 14, 2012

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

Obeast posted:

"Puddy, it's almost midnight and your time is almost up. This is your last chance."
"No way, this is BOGUS, MAN!"

Seinfeld is way too quotable, which probably explains why half the TVIV thread for the show is nothing but quotes from the show. :)

Jesus Christ, we've returned to My Neighbor, Seinfeld.

"Greetings from Mount Newman."

El-Bonko
Oct 9, 2012

zari-gani posted:

It's definitely GnG.

e: Just to clarify, that blurry mess is the cart in the picture enlarged and perspective corrected.

El-Bonko fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Nov 14, 2012

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*
Ghosts'n Goblins seems right. And I've mentioned this before, but Gascoin Company LOVES posting photos of staff birthday celebrations and birthday cakes. Watanabe isn't an exception.

I got a 3DS Swapnote from Nakayama requesting Animal Crossing: New Leaf tips since it's his first time playing an AC game (seems he sent it to everyone on his friends list). I haven't touched AC since I played it on Gamecube at a friend's place. Anything I should say?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
"Be careful of Gyroids"

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

zari-gani posted:

Ghosts'n Goblins seems right. And I've mentioned this before, but Gascoin Company LOVES posting photos of staff birthday celebrations and birthday cakes. Watanabe isn't an exception.

I got a 3DS Swapnote from Nakayama requesting Animal Crossing: New Leaf tips since it's his first time playing an AC game (seems he sent it to everyone on his friends list). I haven't touched AC since I played it on Gamecube at a friend's place. Anything I should say?

Dont worry too much about paying Nook off. He will always find a way to continue loving you.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Gutcruncher posted:

Dont worry too much about paying Nook off. He will always find a way to continue loving you.
That link is very applicable for this tip as well :tinfoil:

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Gutcruncher posted:

A general warning about Nook was easy enough to illustrate.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Hahaha that's great

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
I want to be 3DS friends with Nakayama and send him Swapnotes. :allears:

Also I am unreasonably excited about the new AC. I keep wanting to pick Wild World back up before New Leaf comes out but I'll just get mad at picking weeds. :argh:

Erwin Tuwonwon
Oct 30, 2011

Oh, that's fantastic.

Caitlin posted:

I want to be 3DS friends with Nakayama and send him Swapnotes. :allears:

He put out his friend code, but alas, he needs to add back to be friends.

FireCar
Sep 20, 2002

What's this?!

zari-gani posted:

A general warning about Nook was easy enough to illustrate.

You forgot to give Nook curly hair and a big gaijin nose.

And relayed to the topic, I started playing the GC version again this summer, and realized I hadn't played the game since 2005. All the people in my old town were complaining that they hadn't seen me in 115 months and weeds were EVERYWHERE. It was kind of sad, really. Especially considering how OCD I was about the vegetation.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

FireCar posted:

And relayed to the topic, I started playing the GC version again this summer, and realized I hadn't played the game since 2005. All the people in my old town were complaining that they hadn't seen me in 115 months and weeds were EVERYWHERE. It was kind of sad, really.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."
^^

That is just so :smith:.

I teared up.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.

RadicalR posted:

^^

That is just so :smith:.

I teared up.

It's less sad when you actually play Animal Crossing because the game has a Mom who sends you presents anyway and they probably thought those were from their mother. But it's still sweet that they got that impression.

TemporalParadox
Dec 21, 2003

*~blush~*
Regardless, it's not like she died suddenly and filled with regret that her son didn't acknowledge all of her videogame gifts.
It says she got worse and eventually stopped playing, then goes on to say she died a year ago. I'm sure animal crossing presents weren't keeping her awake at night at that point, nor were they the only sign of love or appreciation from the son.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Thanks for turning me on to this guys. Watched the first episode and am pretty freaking happy.

FireCar
Sep 20, 2002

What's this?!

Meme Emulator posted:

Tear factory

Oh god, I remember this comic, this tore me up the first time I read it. It's pretty heart wrenching.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

I note that Watanabe's cake doesn't feature googly-eyed strawberries. What a travesty.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
It looks more like a cheesecake than a regular cake. What's that yellow fruit? Mango? :psyduck:

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Bocc Kob posted:

It looks more like a cheesecake than a regular cake. What's that yellow fruit? Mango? :psyduck:
Grapefruit?

orochi
Oct 9, 2012

/usr/bin/orochi

Bocc Kob posted:

No clue what kind of various fruits are on it, but it looks good

and is that a crust? Much different than the stereotypical birthday cake I'm used to.

orochi fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Nov 15, 2012

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

I see what looks like oranges, pears, cherries, and pineapple. That thing is more fruit than cake. :v:

Heti
May 22, 2007

I like Video Games
Japanese cakes are weird ya'll.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Heti posted:

Nah, it's just more a fruit flan or a tart than a traditional floury frosted layer/sheet cake. Maybe she prefers them; I know I do.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Hirayuki posted:

Nah, it's just more a fruit flan or a tart than a traditional floury frosted layer/sheet cake. Maybe she prefers them; I know I do.

All Gascoin employees are given fruit cakes.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Mister Chief posted:

Oh??

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Inoko MAX is special.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

Wrestling cake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erwin Tuwonwon
Oct 30, 2011
Oh man, everyone looks so happy with those cakes. Even grumpy old Kan. Where was that one pic of Inoko grinning with a single cupcake?

Mister Chief posted:

I just realized there is more than one way to read that, and I wasn't reading it the right way.

Heti posted:

Bah! I'd take that over being stuck with another giant surprise ice cream cake going to waste.