Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Friendly Factory
Apr 19, 2007

I can't stand the wailing of women

CommieGIR posted:

The Israeli's have let slip the crowing roosters of war!

The one redeeming part of the chat window is RoosterTalktm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Lord Seo posted:

I had http://www.ustream.tv/channel/hanissalamah running in the background and those huge explosions came out of nowhere. It was pretty startling. Now it's just the call to morning prayer. There's just something kind of surreal about people going about their daily routines when it's punctuated by the sounds of stuff exploding.
The explosions are constant now, it's a continuous rumble with swells and lulls.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Charliegrs posted:

I guess the building next to Harry Fears building just got hit...
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/operation-pillar-of-cloud

In the green zone for international journalists, no less.

VVVV :byewhore:

Volkerball fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Nov 15, 2012

TheImmigrant
Jan 18, 2011
I really don't get it. It seems so obvious to a retard like me - Israelis are assholes, Palestinians are worse. Palestinians are stupider, because they are bigger but weaker assholes, and keep getting killed.

Weaker is not coextensive with nobler. One side uses guided weapons, often recklessly, admitted, in an obvious attempt to reduce civilian casualties. The other side brainwashes their own kids that it's great to kill themselves, so long as they kill a bunch of the other side's kids too.

There's equivalence? The moral insanity is, well, insane.

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
I hope there isnt a new wave of suicide bombings in Israel after all of this. After the IDF killed that senior Hamas guy yesterday it seems like anything is possible now. Its been quite a while since any suicide bombs have gone off in Israel...

Friendly Factory
Apr 19, 2007

I hope you never stop posting

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

GWBBQ posted:

The explosions are constant now, it's a continuous rumble with swells and lulls.

A lot of that is just wind noise btw. I've been watching the same stream for a few hours.

Must Love Dogs
May 6, 2005

and the sky is filled with light can you see it?

Hey shithedd...

This is the face of Gaza right now. You can take your childlike obsession with cool 'secular' Israelis in neat headgear with kickin' rad military toys killing off the evil Muslims by the dozens and cram it right up your rear end. Israel has, for the past four years, deliberately starved a group of people the population of my hometown for no good reason after killing hundreds of them in a two-month long torrent of war crimes.

Israel does not and will never tolerate coexistence with the Palestinians. It has proved it time and again since Oslo. Until its fangs are pulled and the flow of money into it from America gets shut off, Israel will not stop massacring and degrading the people of the West Bank and Gaza. It is deliberately attempting to ethnically cleanse the West Bank through settlements, legal and illegal. It is deliberately attempting to destroy Palestinian culture and history through the destruction of historical sites in the West Bank. It continues to maintain an apartheid state and routinely treats Israeli Arabs as second-class citizens.

Your ongoing worship of this allegedly liberal ostensibly secular colonial settler state turns my stomach while eleven month old children are being burned to death by IDF weapons. If you had any decency, any heart whatsoever you'd not be cheerleading the IDF but deploring them.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

GWBBQ posted:

I keep hearing some sort of prop driven aircraft flying around, at least a couple of them...

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:
It's going around on tumblr right now that people from Gaza are tweeting Israel is announcing it's about to cut off all communications to Gaza. I can't confirm, but if Israel is about to do so, that is definitely not a good sign.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

CommieGIR posted:

I keep hearing some sort of prop driven aircraft flying around, at least a couple of them...

Drones, probably.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Zeroisanumber posted:

Drones, probably.

Massive calls of 'Allahu Ackbar' from the mosques now. Its defeaning.

Must Love Dogs
May 6, 2005

A brief reminder that Avigdor Lieberman has gone on record stating that if the Jewish identity of Israel ever comes into question through the democratic process that it's entirely legitimate to abolish the democratic process.

But yeah, it's the Palestinians who are the real bad guys here!

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

CommieGIR posted:

Yeah, they'd have drones up to watch known targets, see where equipment is being moved, where rockets are fired from, etc.

They'll also want video footage because (as the cheerleaders from both sides here quite clearly show) anything Israel/Palestine related turns into as much a media affair as military and we can expect both side's propaganda machines to kick in.

Warbadger fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Nov 15, 2012

Friendly Factory
Apr 19, 2007

I know it was already posted but everyone should be watching the Harry Fear stream: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/operation-pillar-of-cloud

TheImmigrant
Jan 18, 2011

Must Love Dogs posted:

This is the face of Gaza right now. You can take your childlike obsession with cool 'secular' Israelis in neat headgear with kickin' rad military toys killing off the evil Muslims by the dozens and cram it right up your rear end. Israel has, for the past four years, deliberately starved a group of people the population of my hometown for no good reason after killing hundreds of them in a two-month long torrent of war crimes.

Well, I can't stand religious Israelis. I have genuine sympathy for you if you're a refugee.

quote:

Israel does not and will never tolerate coexistence with the Palestinians. It has proved it time and again since Oslo. Until its fangs are pulled and the flow of money into it from America gets shut off, Israel will not stop massacring and degrading the people of the West Bank and Gaza. It is deliberately attempting to ethnically cleanse the West Bank through settlements, legal and illegal. It is deliberately attempting to destroy Palestinian culture and history through the destruction of historical sites in the West Bank. It continues to maintain an apartheid state and routinely treats Israeli Arabs as second-class citizens.

Pure cant here.

quote:

Your ongoing worship of this allegedly liberal ostensibly secular colonial settler state turns my stomach while eleven month old children are being burned to death by IDF weapons. If you had any decency, any heart whatsoever you'd not be cheerleading the IDF but deploring them.

I don't particularly even like Israel as a state, despite it claiming to be my homeland. Your attribution of this 'worship' to me is as stupid as me attributing zealous adherence to Islam to you, since you clearly are not Israeli.

Don't be an idiot.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Is there a particular reason why things are suddenly intensifying?

Friendly Factory
Apr 19, 2007

Rinkles posted:

Most people seem to think it's political maneuvering before the upcoming Israeli election. Israel says it's to defend themselves.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Because Obama cock-blocked an Israeli attack on Iran?

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

Rinkles posted:

I think theres been an increase in the amount of rockets being fired into Israel from Gaza lately. And like others have said there is probably a strong political element to this as well. Its sad but its probably true.

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

Rinkles posted:

Possibly pressure from Syria/Iran to draw Israel into a war, which could strengthen Assad's position. Other than that it's the usual tit-for-tat escalation game between the usual parties.

Must Love Dogs
May 6, 2005

You said something about Israel attempting to minimize casualties in its military deployments.

This was from four years ago during Cast Lead. Clearly attempting to minimize civilian casualties here!

They must be using their precision white phosphorous bombs!

What you call pure cant is loving fact. There are three year old children that have more moral awareness than you do.

Adrastus
Apr 1, 2012

by toby
So, this is going be just like the '08 invasion, right? It's not going to escalate into anything bigger, the Israeli will just go home after killing enough dudes?

TheImmigrant
Jan 18, 2011

A student posted:

Because Obama cock-blocked an Israeli attack on Iran?

I've said it a million times, but Israel doesn't have the ability to strike Iran effectively in any other way than it already has, via Stuxnet.

Feel free to disregard this reminder in 15 minutes, post this again, and declare Victory. If the truth isn't on your side, just lie, son.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Warbadger posted:

Possibly pressure from Syria/Iran to draw Israel into a war, which could strengthen Assad's position. Other than that it's the usual tit-for-tat escalation game between the usual parties.

Last time I checked Hamas wasn't allied with Iran or Syria...

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

Crasscrab posted:

You might want to check again...

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

Crasscrab posted:

And Hamas isn't necessarily responsible for setting this trainwreck into motion.

Friendly Factory
Apr 19, 2007

Adrastus posted:

So, this is going be just like the '08 invasion, right? It's not going to escalate into anything bigger, the Israeli will just go home after killing enough dudes?

Difficult to say at the moment, but it seems to way to me at least. Still pretty sobering.

TheImmigrant
Jan 18, 2011

Must Love Dogs posted:

You said something about Israel attempting to minimize casualties in its military deployments.

Yep, I stand by it.

If Israel didn't care about civilian casualties, it would have exterminated the Palestinians decades ago.

For what reason do you propose that it hasn't? Please try to address the question, rather than run away.

Toodle pip, ol' bean.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Rinkles posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Palestinian_rocket_attacks_on_Israel,_2012

Start in October and start counting.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Warbadger posted:

And Hamas isn't necessarily responsible for setting this trainwreck into motion.
What do you mean when you say that Syria/Iran are pressuring Israel into a war, specifically? I'm sure Assad's not shedding too many tears about it, but how would he be able to get Israel to do anything?

Friendly Factory
Apr 19, 2007

Harry Fear just said there's an Israeli warship within about 400 meters of his apartment building

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

R. Mute posted:

What do you mean when you say that Syria/Iran are pressuring Israel into a war, specifically? I'm sure Assad's not shedding too many tears about it, but how would he be able to get Israel to do anything?

By having pretty much anybody he can shoot into Israel and pulling whatever strings he can in Gaza to stir the pot.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

For geographic reference, Harry Fear is broadcasting from the white building on the East corner of this block in Gaza http://goo.gl/maps/Hv1ti

He just came back from the roof and said there's an Israeli warship patrolling very close to the coast and he's going back up to get a video of it. I hope he's safe.

TheImmigrant
Jan 18, 2011

R. Mute posted:

For real? Syria certainly isn't (they have enough on their plate), but are you really going to claim that Iran, particularly the great leftist Ahmadinejad, haven't been doing anything to antagonize the Israelis?

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

shitthedd posted:

I don't particularly even like Israel as a state, despite it claiming to be my homeland.
Oh, you're one of them. That explains it.

Friendly Factory posted:

Harry Fear just said there's an Israeli warship within about 400 meters of his apartment building
EDIT: It's not a warship, it's Fishing ships fishing during a loving war. Behind them are warships.

shitthedd posted:

For real? Syria certainly isn't (they have enough on their plate), but are you really going to claim that Iran, particularly the great leftist Ahmadinejad, haven't been doing anything to antagonize the Israelis?
Ahmadinejad is right-wing and has no power, btw.

Deceitful Penguin fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Nov 15, 2012

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

shitthedd posted:

Feel free to disregard this reminder in 15 minutes, post this again, and declare Victory. If the truth isn't on your side, just lie, son.

That's the first time I've brought it up, and it was as a snide comment.

Must Love Dogs
May 6, 2005

shitthedd posted:

Yep, I stand by it.

If Israel didn't care about civilian casualties, it would have exterminated the Palestinians decades ago.

For what reason do you propose that it hasn't? Please try to address the question, rather than run away.

Toodle pip, ol' bean.

Because not giving a poo poo about civilian casualties is not the same thing as systemic extermination of the Palestinian people, you thundering buffoon. If it set on a course of the latter it would be absolutely hamstrung, but it can get away the former because, well, the US doesn't give a gently caress about dead Muslims and never has.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
Haha this guy looks super professional when he confuses a Palestinian fishing boat with a warship.

Edit: if those are actually fishermen then they are the dumbest fishermen in the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheImmigrant
Jan 18, 2011

Deceitful Penguin posted:

Oh, you're one of them. That explains it.

What does this mean? Are you the kind of bigoted gently caress that considers immutable characteristic to be determinative of a person's worldview?

Yeah, I'm Jewish, but not Israeli. If you don't like Jews, take a fat, dull knife up your rear end.

• Locked thread