Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you getting the Wii U?
This poll is closed.
Yes 9031 65.25%
No 1191 8.60%
Maybe 808 5.84%
I'm an idiot 460 3.32%
Waluigi 1603 11.58%
Waa 748 5.40%
Total: 13841 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
gobbledygoat
Jun 4, 2011

Ask me about
Steaming Early-onset Accessperger's

Free Logical Fallacies only in 2014!
Do not listen to a thing I say.

zenintrude posted:

TealShark posted:

Dammit, the gold nunchuk sold out just as I got 900 points.

Hopefully they put more up at some point
Likely not for some time, if ever... this offering was for Cyber Monday.

Apparently not!

(from Nintendo's facebook)

gobbledygoat fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Nov 28, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

citizenlowell
Sep 25, 2003

ignore alien orders

gobbledygoat posted:

Apparently not!

I'd love to know what the demand is and how many of these they're producing. I would have paid cash for one last year when Zelda came out it's still to limit it to these short runs on Club Nintendo.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

gobbledygoat posted:

Likely not for some time, if ever... this offering was for Cyber Monday.

Apparently not!

[/quote]

That's good to hear. Would love to get this and the golden classic controller pro from Golden Eye to go with my Skyward Sword wiimote.

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey

Underwhelmed posted:

The current 360 slims are double in size, I have an old fat model, and it could probably eat 3 or 4 WiiUs. My old Xbox (original) is sitting on the lower shelf of my entertainment center and that could probably eat 8 or 9.

You have absolutely no concept of size or volume. The original Xbox couldn't fit 8 or 9 Wiis, let alone that many Wii Us. My Wii U is sitting next to my original 360 and my super-slim PS3. The PS3 and U are roughly equivalent, and the 360 is probably 1.5X larger.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Almost Smart posted:

You have absolutely no concept of size or volume. The original Xbox couldn't fit 8 or 9 Wiis, let alone that many Wii Us. My Wii U is sitting next to my original 360 and my super-slim PS3. The PS3 and U are roughly equivalent, and the 360 is probably 1.5X larger.

Exaggeration is the bread and butter of a joke, I've heard. Someone was complaining about the size of the WiiU and I sort of defended saying that it's way smaller than the 360 for probably more power.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Rirse posted:

Apparently not!

That's good to hear. Would love to get this and the golden classic controller pro from Golden Eye to go with my Skyward Sword wiimote.

I have all three :smuggo:. As to the guy mentioning the Red wiimote/nunchuk, there's a special edition of Xenoblade in the UK (I don't know if it made it to the US) that has a bundled Red Classic Controller Pro in it if you want that too.

Teenage Fansub posted:

With the Euro/Aus/NZ launch two days away, is there any news about streaming apps for those territories to replace Netflix and Hulu?

Nope. We never get anything like that.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I have all three :smuggo:. As to the guy mentioning the Red wiimote/nunchuk, there's a special edition of Xenoblade in the UK (I don't know if it made it to the US) that has a bundled Red Classic Controller Pro in it if you want that too.

Nope. We never get anything like that.

There's a few on the PS3 and 360. We got a TVNZ app and terrible movie subscription thing over here.
I know the Wii got a BBC player.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Nov 28, 2012

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
This is pretty odd to me but the Wii U Browser loads 720/1080 videos in Youtube significantly faster than my computer.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

This is pretty odd to me but the Wii U Browser loads 720/1080 videos in Youtube significantly faster than my computer.

Try this if you haven't on your computer(assuming you use Windows):
Go to Internet Options in Control Panel.
Go to Connections.
Go to LAN settings.
Uncheck the "automatically detect settings" box.

Solved a lot of Youtube weirdness for me. Also Steam client weirdness.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Why in gods name does a download take 2 hours to install, is there something wrong with my Wii U or is this standard for downloaded games (Warriors Orochi 3)

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

socialsecurity posted:

Why in gods name does a download take 2 hours to install, is there something wrong with my Wii U or is this standard for downloaded games (Warriors Orochi 3)

Sonic racing transformed took like an hour for me. Might be something that needs to be patched up as it's pretty loving absurd. The PS3 took like four minutes to install Vanquish.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I had to do the same the other day with Warriors Orochi 3 and yeah, it took a huge amount of time to install after downloading.

Also, WO3 is 16GB. It's the FEAR of WiiU.

SLUM KING
Nov 16, 2011

Was just gonna post bitching about the download/install times. Took 8 hours to download Sonic on my pretty sweet connection and an hour to install. Not likely to buy any games off the eShop again after that. Anyone know if it's any faster if you use an external HD?

Paper_Masochist
Oct 21, 2008
Could I get some more impressions of Warriors Orochi 3? I saw some streaming a while back and what I did see seemed to be great in terms of frame rate and not bad with enemy pop up, but that was just tiny bit of one level.

Is the release as bad as the reviews say?

WaffleStomp
May 7, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

It sucks, but it's a number that's been steadily getting higher. I imagine it'll be in the thousands in late december.

Right now, it's impossible to do hardcore anything, but there's plenty of people in Zombies, TDM, DM, domination, ctf and S&D. It's better to get it on a different platform. You can't even access the home menu when you're playing CoD online, which is dumb as gently caress.

How are the lobbies for Kill Confirmed? I'm on the fence about picking this up for the U, and I loved that mode in MW3.

citizenlowell
Sep 25, 2003

ignore alien orders

Hot Poppin Bunnz posted:

Was just gonna post bitching about the download/install times. Took 8 hours to download Sonic on my pretty sweet connection and an hour to install. Not likely to buy any games off the eShop again after that. Anyone know if it's any faster if you use an external HD?

I can't imagine an external drive would allow for faster downloads. Wouldn't it be bottlenecked by the USB?

SLUM KING
Nov 16, 2011

citizenlowell posted:

I can't imagine an external drive would allow for faster downloads. Wouldn't it be bottlenecked by the USB?
Well it took an hour to install to the internal flash so I can't imagine it would be any slower.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

WaffleStomp posted:

How are the lobbies for Kill Confirmed? I'm on the fence about picking this up for the U, and I loved that mode in MW3.

Dead. It'll be like 600 players and 580 of them are on TDM.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Policenaut posted:

So it appears that we're not quite done spilling Nintendo's secrets ahead of time up here in Canada, we're now saying Yoshi's Land Wii U is a thing to look forward to.

As long as the people who made the awful DS version have nothing to do with it, I'm there.

shadowobsessed
Jul 1, 2010

No worms on the bed!
Can anyone help me with the Nintendoland Pikmin game? I was playing multiplayer on the second Extra stage, Desperate Dash, and then we found out that Olimar can't jump. We can't figure out how to get past the very first set of blocks. Help please! (Posted from Wii U)

Skunk Ape
Mar 16, 2009

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

shadowobsessed posted:

Can anyone help me with the Nintendoland Pikmin game? I was playing multiplayer on the second Extra stage, Desperate Dash, and then we found out that Olimar can't jump. We can't figure out how to get past the very first set of blocks. Help please! (Posted from Wii U)

He actually can jump, by flicking the stylus across the screen, unless you mean it's disabled in that challenge or something.

shadowobsessed
Jul 1, 2010

No worms on the bed!

Skunk Ape posted:

He actually can jump, by flicking the stylus across the screen, unless you mean it's disabled in that challenge or something.

THANK YOU! We felt so dumb, trying every button combination for ten minutes. You're awesome.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I don't know about this Yoshi Land rumor. Nintendo is extremely good about not getting things leaked. I won't hype myself until I hear about it directly from Nintendo.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Detective No. 27 posted:

I don't know about this Yoshi Land rumor. Nintendo is extremely good about not getting things leaked. I won't hype myself until I hear about it directly from Nintendo.

Then have fun waiting until Yoshi land is officially revealed one month before release.

Nintendo is fairly leak-proof and I'm pretty skeptical that any of it is true, but if it is, Nintendo has had leaks before and their approach is to tape it up and say "What leak, no idea what you're talking about" and "ha ha, anyways.." during interviews.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Detective No. 27 posted:

Some kid got into a mockup admin testing page on Miiverse which had Yoshi Land listed, but I don't think retailers would be entering it into their system based on a GAF poster, so I gotta be fairly sure it's happening.

On the new Giantbomb podcast they're saying Nintendoland games don't save your progress, so you'll have to start Fruit Kart from stage one each time. That isn't so is it? :(

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Teenage Fansub posted:

On the new Giantbomb podcast they're saying Nintendoland games don't save your progress, so you'll have to start Fruit Kart from stage one each time. That isn't so is it? :(

Ninjas, fruit kart, f-zero, the balloon game and donkey kong don't save progress.

They are, however, pretty short. The air ride can be completed in like 20 minutes (if you last that long), Donkey kong in half that, etc.

It's really dumb you can't just pick the advanced levels though. They should at least give you the option once you've fully beat the game. The challenge comes from endurance and if you've already overcome the challenge they should just let you gently caress around with levels freely.

Skunk Ape
Mar 16, 2009

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Teenage Fansub posted:

Some kid got into a mockup admin testing page on Miiverse which had Yoshi Land listed, but I don't think retailers would be entering it into their system based on a GAF poster, so I gotta be fairly sure it's happening.

They all work differently, but most of the ones with "levels" do save your progress. Fruit Kart saves your progress in the form of warp doors that let you pass large numbers of levels you've already completed.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Teenage Fansub posted:

You have to start from stage 1 because it's supposed to be the most difficult game in the whole pack. If it didn't save your progress you'd never be able to leave stage 1, because guests can't.

Any campaign-based game saves your progress after each level is cleared and the next one is unlocked.

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I can't get any of my friends into Nintendoland because all the stuff on the train / party mode is super easy / level 1 versions of all the games. Wish I could fix that.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Paper_Masochist posted:

Could I get some more impressions of Warriors Orochi 3? I saw some streaming a while back and what I did see seemed to be great in terms of frame rate and not bad with enemy pop up, but that was just tiny bit of one level.

Is the release as bad as the reviews say?

Frame rate has some slow downs during Musou and there is some pop up but it looks better to me then 7 did on the PS3, the game has a ridiculous amount of content it seems.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Robolizard! posted:

I can't get any of my friends into Nintendoland because all the stuff on the train / party mode is super easy / level 1 versions of all the games. Wish I could fix that.

Then don't play the party mode. Though I can't picture what's too easy. Zelda and Pikmin are just sad for the first 3 levels but it rapidly becomes bullshit hard.

I hate zelda.

EDIT: Does anyone else see "?" when a friend is playing BLOPS2? That's a pretty bizarre bug. BLOPS2 multiplayer also seems to cut off the OS, which is just awful.

extremebuff fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Nov 28, 2012

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Both times we did the zelda minigame during the 9 game set, it just gave us the first archery level (which is interesting, but kinda trivial after the first time through). Also party mode for more than two people was silly, because it would just 2 player games and have the third guy bet on the winner.

moron izzard fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Nov 28, 2012

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Detective No. 27 posted:

It was in the leaked/mockup Miiverse pages, although who knows if that was just filler or not (although most of it seemed reasonable!).

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Chronojam posted:

It was in the leaked/mockup Miiverse pages, although who knows if that was just filler or not (although most of it seemed reasonable!).

Does anyone know if someone has done something like this on purpose? Like, create a fake access panel that crafty gamers would find out about and "leak" info, while they're actually advertizing a new game?
I mean, nowadays, most games are confirmed through rumors and leaks. Seems like this could work.

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

The new Yoshi Land game has been rumoured for Wii-U for quite a long time actually, I'm not sure where I heard of it first but it's been floating around since before we knew anything about the Wii-U.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

horriblePencilist posted:

Does anyone know if someone has done something like this on purpose? Like, create a fake access panel that crafty gamers would find out about and "leak" info, while they're actually advertizing a new game?
I mean, nowadays, most games are confirmed through rumors and leaks. Seems like this could work.

Well there are the ARGs over the past several years, some of which have been styled as if you're sneakily accessing some company's site.

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

.TakaM posted:

The new Yoshi Land game has been rumoured for Wii-U for quite a long time actually, I'm not sure where I heard of it first but it's been floating around since before we knew anything about the Wii-U.

You might be thinking of the 3D Classics series for the 3DS. Yoshi's Island was one of the games mentioned when they announced that.

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

AngryCaterpillar posted:

You might be thinking of the 3D Classics series for the 3DS. Yoshi's Island was one of the games mentioned when they announced that.
Nah, it was definitely a Wii-U rumour, they talked about how great the sketchy crayon style looked in HD.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I'd be interested in a new Yoshi game if it was more like Yoshi's Island and less like Yoshi's Story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Oh God, I just began the long journey of redownloading all my Wiiware and VC games. I never realized that when downloading something from your history, you get dumped back to the main menu after each one.

This is gonna be fun...

• Locked thread