Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Bobnumerotres posted:

I JUST discovered the slot machines at Moxxi's.

:wtc: If Diablo 3 had something like this I'd probably die in my seat spinning it. I found like four amazing weapons (level 13) with only 4000 spent, along with a poo poo ton of eridium. I got two legs so many drat times.

I've never gotten 3 legs, but I have gotten multiple 777s(not as great as you'd think). Be aware though, the machines get more expensive as you level your character. It's not really bad, but I found myself being able to play a couple dozen times a pop at low levels, and only 3 or 4 times at higher levels before seeing my money drop noticeably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Chiming in to confirm that the Cobra is boosted by +explosion relics and whatnot.

:hellyeah: finally found me an explode-o sniper!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

neogeo0823 posted:

I've never gotten 3 legs, but I have gotten multiple 777s(not as great as you'd think). Be aware though, the machines get more expensive as you level your character. It's not really bad, but I found myself being able to play a couple dozen times a pop at low levels, and only 3 or 4 times at higher levels before seeing my money drop noticeably.

Well, you also find more money. Does it scale at a fair rate or is it not even worth it at level 50?

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

neogeo0823 posted:

I've never gotten 3 legs, but I have gotten multiple 777s(not as great as you'd think).

Yeah, I keep getting skins from 777s that I already have. Still trying for that orange, though I guess I ought to wait until PT 2.5 to ensure that the loot will scale up for me.

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009

AnonSpore posted:

Speaking of buzzards, how in the world are you supposed to take on Badass Buzzards as an anarchy Gaige? Deathtrap can't put a dent in their health and I can't hit the broad side of a barn, much less a strafing airborne vehicle.

Try turning on discord. The accuracy boost should balance out the anarchy just a bit depending on how many stacks you have.

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Don't ask, I don't know how to pronounce my name either.

Bobnumerotres posted:

Well, you also find more money. Does it scale at a fair rate or is it not even worth it at level 50?

I'm pretty sure it scales with the money you have on hand, not your level.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

EDIT: ^^^ Nope, turns out we're both wrong. "The price of a slot machine is determined by the level of the loot inside it. Sanctuary's slot machines increase in level as the main storyline missions are completed. "^^^

Bobnumerotres posted:

For a while around midgame, it seemed kinda not worth it. Then I found Crystalisks and a shotgun which one-hit the crystals on their legs(and conveniently, had a 3 shot clip), and from then on it was raining money.

To put it another way, I'm a loot whore. I compulsively collect everything that drops and sell it off at any vending machine I find. I have pulled out my emergency 22k damage rocket launcher(level 30 blue, not bad) and used it to kill one rat that was about to pick up an $800 pistol. I just finished playthrough 1, and I have over 800k saved up. So to say that anything in this game is not worth the money is kinda funny for me.

Except respawning. gently caress respawning. Ouch 30k no, my wallet! :gonk:

neogeo0823 fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Nov 28, 2012

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Aexo posted:

It's based on Sanctuary's level, which is determined by your storyline progress.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Aexo posted:

BL2 Wiki posted:

The price of a slot machine is determined by the level of the loot inside it. Sanctuary's slot machines increase in level as the main storyline missions are completed.

Nope. There's also only a 1/5000 chance of nabbing a legendary. That seems generous compared to..well anything related to diablo.

e:fb

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Screw Rat Thieves.

That's all.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

I noticed that the perks are now...a lot more perky and much less "holy poo poo" in this game than in BL1.

In BL1 as a siren there were so many perks that were just absolute game-changers. And for the other classes there were perks that buffed the special skill so god damned much. The sniper had an eagle that would attack a single target for very high damage, you could make it so that it attacked several targets, increased item spawn chances, healed you, etc.

In BL2 even the late perks on the gunzerker is stuff like "+25% overall damage when cooling down gunzerk (at max level):geno:"

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

I noticed that the perks are now...a lot more perky and much less "holy poo poo" in this game than in BL1.

In BL1 as a siren there were so many perks that were just absolute game-changers. And for the other classes there were perks that buffed the special skill so god damned much. The sniper had an eagle that would attack a single target for very high damage, you could make it so that it attacked several targets, increased item spawn chances, healed you, etc.

In BL2 even the late perks on the gunzerker is stuff like "+25% overall damage when cooling down gunzerk (at max level):geno:"

I think gaining a potential damage increase of 700% for an equal loss in accuracy is kind of a big deal, or giving missed bullets a significant chance to ricochet into hits, or keeping my robot active for an indefinite amount of time, or getting a new melee attack that restores health, or being able to give my turret a shield, another gun, rocket pods and a nuke, with the ability to longbow-deploy it to a wall is pretty cool.

MisterFuzzles
Dec 5, 2009

We can't go back no more, but I suppose we can go wherever we please.

Gestalt Intellect posted:

I think gaining a potential damage increase of 700% for an equal loss in accuracy is kind of a big deal, or giving missed bullets a significant chance to ricochet into hits, or keeping my robot active for an indefinite amount of time, or getting a new melee attack that restores health, or being able to give my turret a shield, another gun, rocket pods and a nuke, with the ability to longbow-deploy it to a wall is pretty cool.

Instant range rez is a nice one to tack on to that list. Total flag to let your buddies go utterly reckless.

HugePinball
Oct 9, 2012

MadScientistWorking posted:

Actually you get corrosive, fire, and slag weapons from the tipping.

Are you saying you get a third gun after Bad Touch and Good Touch, or that one of them can come in slag? Because I've never heard of either.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Man, I kinda got sidetracked from this game while the last two expansions came out. They're good, I take it?

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
Is there a better way to view the character models than the New-U stations ingame? Something along the lines of a model ripper or viewer perhaps?

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Metrohunter posted:

Is there a better way to view the character models than the New-U stations ingame? Something along the lines of a model ripper or viewer perhaps?

Can't you rotate the camera from the inventory window?

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

I could do with your...assistance.
A few pages back, I mentioned that I was getting tired of Torgue launchers. Well, I recently remembered that I have a Badaboom sitting in the bank, so I dug it up and tried it out. Good god almighty is that thing powerful, I don't know why it took me so long to try it.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I'm a fan of Torgue launchers, they're my favorite brand- but I have yet to find a game better one than my Maliwan Pyrophobia. Makes getting revives trivial.

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Don't ask, I don't know how to pronounce my name either.

Speedball posted:

Metrohunter posted:

Can't you rotate the camera from the inventory window?

Or rotate the camera in the main menu?

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
Never mind, somebody on Deviantart had ripped the models allowing for viewing and posing in a 3rd party program.

The Wicked Wall
Aug 24, 2012

I guess the aphorism
"I think, therefore I am" brings little comfort in this case.

Jabarto posted:

A few pages back, I mentioned that I was getting tired of Torgue launchers. Well, I recently remembered that I have a Badaboom sitting in the bank, so I dug it up and tried it out. Good god almighty is that thing powerful, I don't know why it took me so long to try it.

TVHM was proving hellish for me as I didn't have the The Bee at that point pre-nerfs, and I was dreading Hero's Pass so I put it off for a while. Then, on the way there I see King Mong, kill him, and out pops a level 50 corrosive Badaboom.

gently caress loaders.

Lady Gaza
Nov 20, 2008

I got a corrosive Conference Call on the first time I killed the Warrior in THVM. Eats through anything armoured, it's great. Just need to get a decent Bee as the one I picked up was only level 48.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Man, robots are so much more fun to shoot than people. I didn't think that'd be possible. :psyduck:

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

poptart_fairy posted:

Man, robots are so much more fun to shoot than people. I didn't think that'd be possible. :psyduck:

Ugh, except for the Torgue robots, which don't have fun critical points (BAD DESIGN DECISION).

ChetReckless
Sep 16, 2009

That is precisely the thing to do, Avatar.

Remulak posted:

Ugh, except for the Torgue robots, which don't have fun critical points (BAD DESIGN DECISION).

I'm just digging into the DLC and I couldn't believe this. I had such a great rhythm blowing the arms off robots everywhere else. The robots with the shields are particularly annoying.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

Remulak posted:

I'd forgive this if they spouted Torgue lines with a robot filter. FIRST LAW DISABLED. TOODLES.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
... Actually, isn't the first law of Hyperion robots "Obey Jack?"

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Ok,I know I am probably being obtuse, but I looked on google forever and can't get the wording right to get an answer. I never played BL, only BL2 so maybe you guys know...

In matchmaking, how the heck can I find a specific mission? I want to find teams farming certain bosses and the way it is set up I can never tell what they are working on. Especially if they finished the YOU. WILL. DIE. (Seriously) mission and are just farming.

Basically I hop in and out of games hoping for a team doing what I want them to be doing... which is ridiculous.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Ardeem posted:

I would think that that would be Law Zero.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Ardeem posted:

Probably, much like how the first law of Torgue robots is "BLOW poo poo UP ҉ "

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
I need to go check, but the Hyperion area next to Old Slappy has an announcer voice clip that goes over a version of the three laws which I'm pretty sure is
1) Obey Jack
2) Don't go near the the threshers or grinder
3) You are expendable

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Ardeem posted:

I need to go check, but the Hyperion area next to Old Slappy has an announcer voice clip that goes over a version of the three laws which I'm pretty sure is
1) Obey Jack
2) Don't go near the the threshers or grinder
3) You are expendable

I want to say 1 is 'Jack is your god', number 2 is fairly close and number 3 is 'Both consider you expendable'.

Then again I could be confusing it with other announcements in other places.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

No, that sounds right.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

I thought Law 2 was more like "avoid being ingested by the local thresher population"?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I'm not sure if Tiny Tia is the most annoying example of hey-look-at-how-loving-crazy-and-unusual-this-person-is in NPCs, or endearing. :saddowns:

CommonSensei
Apr 3, 2011
Loved the dialogue in the Torgue DLC, especially the Torgue/Moxxi commentating duo and Moxxi's confession about her defense mechanism. Hated the boss fights. All the enemies felt more bullet-spongey too.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

poptart_fairy posted:

I'm not sure if Tiny Tia is the most annoying example of hey-look-at-how-loving-crazy-and-unusual-this-person-is in NPCs, or endearing. :saddowns:

What would make you sure?

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

poptart_fairy posted:

I will always support a character who describes crumpets for a tea party as crunk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
I actually thought she was annoying in the main campaign but really funny in the torgue DLC. I had to pause the game during the talk show interview and vending machine parts, and any other time she talked to moxxi

bar none the best line from the whole thing was from torgue, though: HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW ILLEGAL OFF-WORLD DEATHMATCHES ARE ILLEGAL?

• Locked thread